View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    wow another good read..why isnt all this good news affecting the stock price!!!!

The fall of Apple and rise of Blackberry - what comes around goes around | TG Daily
    It's a holding action, IMO.

If the bulls are going to buy into the stock for a rally, why buy when it's still falling? That's just a waste of cash.

We're close to resolving the pennant that formed back in January, the longer they wait with the SP low, the easier it will be to break through resistance.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 01:25 PM
    Seems like the bears have made their move.
    05-17-13 01:30 PM
    So, does this mean Blackberry world jumps from 120,000 apps to 700,000 apps in a few months? Or will the apps not show up in BBWorld?

"Android App Virtualization:
    The Blackberry 10 has got the support from a private company, which will allow the whole Android catalog to be ported on BB10 devices, and the user will feel that the whole catalog is native and has not been ported. The company will provide the solution that will be a link between BB10 and Android ecosystem of more than 700,000 touch enabled apps."
    mhhh ... beware of massive fart and dysfunctional apps load ...
    Mitigated when I read this. Good if there is a rapid process, bad if it results in poor experience.
    Fast & Easy is rarely synonym of quality.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 01:30 PM
    I'm a truck guy but because I need it on occasion.

I would love a lotus elise modified or its latest incarnation that I can't remember the name of.

Posted via CB10
    I use a truck in occasions for my business and drive a minivan for family outings, but I like 2-sitter convertible sports cars - commute to work in one everyday. The Elise and Exige are amazing cars to drive, but a bit rough for everyday commute (you can't even hear your radio, NPR for me). I am thinking of getting an Evora when they get their act together and make a convertible (and hopefully the company won't go under).
    05-17-13 01:31 PM
    I have nothing better to do than think why this stock is going down (well, I know why, the Toronto Financial district left at noon for the long weekend so that doesn't help), and how much cash I'm going to make over the next two months riding this past the ER.

I think again TH wants to shock the street with I'm gonna say $0.80 EPS for Q1. I think the Q10 selling better in non US market allowed them to push the US release back a few weeks -- AND this allows them to save what I would hope is going to be a HUGE marketing spend on the US launch. Pushing the release into June means that marketing spends stays off the Q1 books. Every little bit counts to show the street blackberry is making good money.
    05-17-13 01:33 PM
    Guys, I'm fed up with this Acer popup. That's it for today.
    If you agree, and want to ask for it to disappear please rant gently here : http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...r-imho-808136/
    sapperuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 01:33 PM
    By the end of next month, the 1 year history of the stock will be largely positive and we'll be mostly uptrend. The June 2012 ER had quite the drop due to the announced delays in BB10. The June 2013 ER should be a different story.

I wonder at what point the high frequency trading algorithms will decide this stock is a buy based on technical analysis?
    I would think as soon as we can break out of the handle on our 16 month cup-and-handle... as soon as the green arrow starts to form then I would think we will be "in the clear" and trigger a lot of algorithms.

Pros... go ahead and shoot me down.

Edit... it's actually a good thing that the handle has a downward slope for a while. An upward sloping handle usually signifies a weaker breakout. Breakout from a downward sloping handle is usually more successful.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-1.jpg
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 05-17-13 at 01:48 PM.
    05-17-13 01:34 PM
    I have nothing better to do than think why this stock is going down (well, I know why, the Toronto Financial district left at noon for the long weekend so that doesn't help), and how much cash I'm going to make over the next two months riding this past the ER.

I think again TH wants to shock the street with I'm gonna say $0.80 EPS for Q1. I think the Q10 selling better in non US market allowedthem to push the US release back a few weeks -- AND this allows them to save what I would hope is going to be a HUGE marketing spend on the US launch. Pushing the release into June means that marketing spends stays off the Q1 books. Every little bit counts to show the street blackberry is making good money.
    I think it was causal. It is clear that bbry is not paying a premium to do worldwide launches. They are clearly trying to have a constant manufacturing rate. So, their initial usa launch date is delayed due to greater than expected demand.

If Prem has any influence at all, they are not timing release dates a round earnings dates.
    Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:39 PM
    Bbry also needs to get a new tablet out. Some time before aristo.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:43 PM
    Stock wants to annoy us, kind of shameless before weekend. Have a nice weekend and don't waste any thought about the SP. There are things that are more important
    05-17-13 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't see that happening. Not after stating that they aren't in the tablet game as it is now unless they can make money on it post sale.
    05-17-13 01:48 PM
    05-17-13 01:50 PM
    15 minutes, 3 SA articles, all bullish

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:55 PM
    I can't see that happening. Not after stating that they aren't in the tablet game as it is now unless they can make money on it post sale.
    That's not what they stated.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I really think Blackberry need to concentrate on it's phones. We do not need another half baked tablet right now.
    05-17-13 01:58 PM
    Im kind of curious whats the point of all the SA articles. The news media doesn't pay attention to them and anyone can register and write up an article. Like what is the viewer base on that? or even the importance. Forgive me its friday but my mood is down lol but id appreciate any insight thank you
    05-17-13 02:02 PM
    I really think Blackberry need to concentrate on it's phones. We do not need another half baked tablet right now.
    I agree... no half baked anything anymore.

We have 4 of the "six" devices that Thor promised... (Z10, Q10, Q5, and phablet/Aristo images and rumours for this fall) What are the other two devices if not tablets?
    05-17-13 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't find the original interview but here is one that supports my statement....

BlackBerry Questions Tablets' Future After PlayBook Flop - YouTube
    05-17-13 02:07 PM
    Im kind of curious whats the point of all the SA articles. The news media doesn't pay attention to them and anyone can register and write up an article. Like what is the viewer base on that? or even the importance. Forgive me its friday but my mood is down lol but id appreciate any insight thank you
    They pick up on the articles that they choose. For example, Mike Collins wrote one on the launch day in the UK and that was widely circulated. Although you are correct that anyone can write, many of the articles on there get picked up.... both good and bad.
    05-17-13 02:09 PM
    I don't think they would bring out a half baked tablet. When I think about thePlaybook they brought out two years ago in comparison to other ones I would say it was great. I do not want to say it would be a good to bring out a new one, but I would say with BB10 it wouldn't be that bad.
    05-17-13 02:10 PM
    hey guys, I'm sure it's been discussed to death but could anyone explain if/how a free to download and free to use BBM would work?
    05-17-13 02:10 PM
    For the most part I agree. Pay attention to Mikey Collins, Elephant Analytics and Karl Derringer, they are usually pretty good. As for the media, they sure did pay attention a couple of weeks ago to Mikey Collin's Selfridges Q10 story. It even moved the SP a fair bit esp. for a Friday afternoon.

05-17-13 02:11 PM
    ********************* WILD SPECULATION ************************************

So, I was talking with some friends about the US launch of the Q10, the awful canadian launch and the UK demand.

Somebody suggested that BlackBerry is already kind-of out-of-stock. They launched in the UK with huge demand so they sent more phones. The UK kept on buying according to channel checks and the Toronto/Canada launch came. Before the canadian launch launch, we found out that BlackBerry downsized the production of Z10 so they could make more Q10s.

Now, the canadian launch came and at fist there were a few stores that had a very limited number of units. And now the US launch has been delayed.

Is it possible/probable that BlackBerry ran out of Q10s and underestimated the demand? Or are we missing something?

********************* WILD SPECULATION ************************************

BEWARE: this is *not at all confirmed*, it's just a hypothesis.
    Last edited by new_me222; 05-17-13 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-17-13 02:12 PM
    z5 and 'dummy' tablet would be my guess

I agree... no half baked anything anymore.

We have 4 of the "six" devices that Thor promised... (Z10, Q10, Q5, and phablet/Aristo images and rumours for this fall) What are the other two devices if not tablets?
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 02:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    At about 36:15 minute mark....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=dRaXfU_JgP8
    05-17-13 02:34 PM
113,250 ... 10331034103510361037 ...