View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What did the SP open at at the start of the week?

Posted via CB10
    $15.89 but 30 days ago it was at $13.91. Still gaining in the long play.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 12:21 PM
    Let this happen.

I hope people come to a realization of having the NEED of keyboard and dump the thought of WANTING touch devices.

I know I'm biased.

But whatever makes BBRY go up.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 12:22 PM
    Nice read
    The BlackBerry strikes back | therecord
    The BlackBerry strikes back

What a difference a year has made for BlackBerry.
    Twelve months ago, the company’s annual conference was a gloomy, mournful affair, the equivalent of sitting around a much-loved but ailing relative’s bedside. This week, the event in Orlando, Fla., has been a glitzy, glamorous party with pop singer Alicia Keys and Formula One race car driver Lewis Hamilton playing cheerleaders to 5,000 enraptured delegates.
    Twelve months ago, BlackBerry’s eroding share of the global smartphone market along with its crashing stock prices led to fevered speculation about its future — and even if it had a future. Critics doubted the Waterloo-based company would start selling its much-ballyhooed new software platform and more than a few skeptics wrote BlackBerry’s obituary.
    This week proved that reports of this company’s demise were not only premature, they were totally wrong.
    As the conference shows, the past 12 months have been a boomerang year for BlackBerry. It has successfully brought BlackBerry 10 and two new smartphones to market. While nowhere near its heights of a few years ago, the company’s stock value has risen from the lows of 2012.
    And this week, BlackBerry chief executive Thorsten Heins announced two bold new initiatives. BlackBerry will begin offering BlackBerry Messenger, its popular mobile messaging application, to other smartphone platforms, including the iPhone and devices powered by Google’s Android operating system.
    And it’s bringing out a new, cheaper smartphone — the BlackBerry Q5 — in emerging markets such as Brazil and Indonesia.
    To be sure, the new strategies carry risks. Although the BlackBerry Q10 sells for about $700 in North America, the new Q5 will cost a fraction of that. Selling cheaper smartphones could hurt sales of BlackBerry’s more expensive products.
    Meanwhile, will the company make its own smartphones less relevant if people using other devices can avail themselves — for free — of BlackBerry Messenger, which now generates more than 10 billion messages a day from 60 million users?
    But BlackBerry’s new game plan has the potential to do great things. Selling a cheaper BlackBerry allows the company to go toe-to-toe against less expensive Android devices in emerging markets. Long-term, that could build onto BlackBerry’s loyal customer base. Likewise, giving the BlackBerry Messenger application away for free allows more devices to communicate with BlackBerry smartphones. And that could boost BlackBerry sales.
    We cannot gaze into a crystal ball and report what the coming weeks, let alone another year, will bring for BlackBerry, Heins, or its workforce — thousands of whom are employed right here in Waterloo Region. But this much is true: BlackBerry has picked itself up off the mat and fought back with a dynamic, even aggressive campaign to grow. In a cutthroat business with rivals coming at it from every part of the planet, BlackBerry is following the trajectory it must — onward, upward.

cjcampbell, take99, zyben and 4 others like this.
    05-17-13 12:32 PM
    Holy crap. Just over 10 million trades so far. Super slow day.
    05-17-13 12:38 PM
    Nope, your calculator is working fine. DoD might negotiate a volume discount though...
    Ha just found a bug in the bb10 calculator!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    it needs comma's...
    I was thinking more along the lines of the human required to operate it, but commas would be nice too.
    05-17-13 12:38 PM
    Sorry if this has already come through. If it has, has it been verified?

According to a report, the Verizon network has made its 10,000 employees switch from Android to Blackberry. The dominating carriers Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) and AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) are positive on Q10 and BES 10.1. It is estimated that the employees of the sales department at Verizon and AT&T will select BES 10.1 for their MDM choice to customers.
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Rated 'Buy' By Jefferies
    05-17-13 12:40 PM
    I was thinking more along the lines of the human required to operate it, but commas would be nice too.
    haha... I just hate trying to count the zero's sometimes. Especially after a few..... hmmmmm.... beer... it is Friday of the long weekend and work is dead because of it.... I think I just might have to get an early start.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 12:43 PM
    The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) today announced approval of the Apple iOS 6 Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), which means that government-issued iOS6 mobile devices are approved for use when connecting to DOD networks within current mobility pilots or the future mobile device management (MDM) framework.

This STIG comes shortly after DISA approved STIGs for the BlackBerry and Samsung Knox operating systems.

The DOD mobility strategy includes mobile devices configured to the STIG, in combination with an actively managed and defended MDM system. The MDM provides a process for managing and distributing mobile applications and an enhanced cyber defense infrastructure.

"All of these pieces must be in place to allow the secure use of commercial mobile devices on department networks," said Mark Orndorff, DISA information assurance executive & program executive officer for mission assurance and network ops, in a DISA press statement. "DISA is running a pilot program today where we bring this all together."

DISA calls the release of the Apple iOS 6 STIG a “major stride” in building a multi-vendor environment, supporting a diverse selection of devices and operating systems.

The STIG does not allow personally acquired mobile devices to connect to DOD networks.

A key objective of DISA’s Commercial Mobile Device Implementation Plan is to establish a department-wide mobile enterprise solution that permits the use of the latest commercial technology such as smart phones and tablets, and the development of an enterprise mobile device management capability and application store to support approximately 100,000 multivendor devices by February 2014. DoD currently has more than 600,000 commercial mobile devices in operational and pilot use, including approximately 470,000 Blackberries, 41,000 on the Apple OS and 8,700 Android systems.
    05-17-13 12:44 PM
    Holy crap. Just over 10 million trades so far. Super slow day.
    Maybe because there are no more shares to short?
    05-17-13 12:45 PM

Crazy how the stock is flat on that news isn't it? All of these employees are being instructed to learn everything they can about the BlackBerry phone so they can sell more of them and that isn't worth a penny? Too funny.

So, does this mean Blackberry world jumps from 120,000 apps to 700,000 apps in a few months? Or will the apps not show up in BBWorld?

"Android App Virtualization:
    The Blackberry 10 has got the support from a private company, which will allow the whole Android catalog to be ported on BB10 devices, and the user will feel that the whole catalog is native and has not been ported. The company will provide the solution that will be a link between BB10 and Android ecosystem of more than 700,000 touch enabled apps."
    cjcampbell, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    What did the SP open at at the start of the week?

Posted via CB10
    15.80 IIRC. Was 16.10 open Tuesday.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 12:46 PM
    I just think for the price range of the Boxster you can get far better cars that drive just as good if not better than a boxter. That's just my personal opinion though. At the end of the day, who cares what people think of your car as long as you love driving it! I mean I don't think I could ever be a truck guy but I have a couple friends who could only drive a truck.
    I'm a truck guy but because I need it on occasion.

I would love a lotus elise modified or its latest incarnation that I can't remember the name of.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:47 PM
    BlackBerry comeback underway on home turf - Yahoo! Finance Canada

"In a recent research note, McCourt says that BlackBerry’s share of the smartphone market fell to an embarrassing 6% in Canada to close out the fourth quarter last year. With just one new smartphone (Z10) available for less than 2 months, however, BlackBerry’s Canadian market share more than doubled to 13.5% in the first quarter of 2013."
    05-17-13 12:47 PM
    Really dislike Venture Beat, and to top it all off I kinda sorta know this guy and he is so far off on BBRY all the time it's stupid.
    Does anybody do any research anymore for their articles? This rumour was shot so full of holes, yet it keeps coming up. smh

Pentagon gives green light: Now those hundreds of thousands of iPhones, iPads, and iPods can actually be used | VentureBeat
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 12:48 PM
    So, does this mean Blackberry world jumps from 120,000 apps to 700,000 apps in a few months? Or will the apps not show up in BBWorld?

The Blackberry 10 has got the support from a private company, which will allow the whole Android catalog to be ported on BB10 devices, and the user will feel that the whole catalog is native and has not been ported. The company will provide the solution that will be a link between BB10 and Android ecosystem of more than 700,000 touch enabled apps."
    Gotta be honest, Misek doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. I also remember him or someone else say that all Android apps will be brought to BlackBerry world, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.

That being said, with the new updated Android runtime, it wouldn't be too hard to do this. Maybe he's onto something.
    05-17-13 12:55 PM
    What would be nice right about now when no one is looking, is for BlackBerry to announce another partner buying up another 1 Million Q10 BBs.
    05-17-13 12:58 PM
    The lack of pick up from the doom and gloom financial news bloggers makes me think this is for real.

bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 12:58 PM
    I'm a newbie at trading ... so has anyone ever seen a stock so flat? It's like the big players aren't so sure what to do with their money anymore. "Should I stay or should I go" maybe they're finally thinking stay ...long.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-17-13 01:05 PM
    Gotta be honest, Misek doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. I also remember him or someone else say that all Android apps will be brought to BlackBerry world, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.

That being said, with the new updated Android runtime, it wouldn't be too hard to do this. Maybe he's onto something.
    If BlackBerry world could act as a proxy to the Google store, that would be awesome. Thing is, how would alternative keyboards and lockscreen apps work?

Edit: bbry would probably have an approval process of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfh227; 05-17-13 at 01:16 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 01:05 PM
    By the end of next month, the 1 year history of the stock will be largely positive and we'll be mostly uptrend. The June 2012 ER had quite the drop due to the announced delays in BB10. The June 2013 ER should be a different story.

I wonder at what point the high frequency trading algorithms will decide this stock is a buy based on technical analysis?
    05-17-13 01:06 PM
    wow another good read..why isnt all this good news affecting the stock price!!!!

The fall of Apple and rise of Blackberry - what comes around goes around | TG Daily
    05-17-13 01:10 PM
    Are we having fun, bulls and bears?

Hey, check this out, off topic granted, but then so are many of the posts in this forum re: cars, videos, and more, however, to each their own.

I trade energy, long and short, oil and ng as well as BB.

Check out NG today, what a joke.

This morning I was in HND on the TSX, all good, but I could make zero sense of what the heck was going on as it rose in light of a bearish inventory report this week. Today is it, I will never trade this crap again, check out he chart, no doubt many got the wool pulled over their eyes today with money in HND as NG rallied 10 cents in a matter of seconds and is still well up off of these week's low. Stay away from this crap.

Natural Gas | Natural Gas Price | Natural Gas Futures

FYI, currently in HOD, watch for oil to sell off hard.

Meanwhile, back in BB, ugly close. Good luck everyone, have a nice weekend, long it is, not the stock
    05-17-13 01:14 PM
    Crazy how the stock is flat on that news isn't it? All of these employees are being instructed to learn everything they can about the BlackBerry phone so they can sell more of them and that isn't worth a penny? Too funny.
    Not at all crazy.
    05-17-13 01:17 PM

Anyone know when they are doing this?
    05-17-13 01:22 PM
113,250 ... 10321033103410351036 ...