View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just experienced a small earthquake in N. Ontario. Anybody in Ottawa area confirm?
    That was just BlackBerry stock in Canada bouncing off its uptrend line right into BB_Traders face again. Nothing there.
    05-17-13 09:07 AM
    I think the sp has started the journey back up. I would buy some more, but I'm all tapped out.
    05-17-13 09:07 AM
    Early trading, highest peak at $14.85 before the 10.30 dip. Today can end at a green comfortably, especially given the Jefferies update and the few positive articles.
    That's the new 50-dma (well 15.84). It tested it right away and will need to get past it shortly.
    05-17-13 09:09 AM
    I think the Link access feature will be very helpful for many users. I use Carbonite because it is relatively cheap, serves as a back-up and also gives me remote access from any device. They use to have a BB app, but with a real browser now on the z10 it is just fine. Mostly I just need to access Word, Excel or pdf files while on the road and so it works well. The new BB feature would be great, but I just don't want to leave my PC on while I am away. For many, that's probably not a concern, esp if it is all in your house or you have a home office.

Good feature, glad they did it!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-17-13 09:10 AM
    Thanks for the link Rebekah, interesting numbers in here 10000 phones for verizon employees?

Research firm Jefferies in a research report on Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) upheld the buy position for the company’s stock. Analysts from Jefferies based their ratings on the observations made by them during Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s conference, which is being held in Orlando. The report based their rating on the following factors:

Good Support from Network carriers:

According to a report, the Verizon network has made its 10,000 employees switch from Android to Blackberry. The dominating carriers Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) and AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) are positive on Q10 and BES 10.1. It is estimated that the employees of the sales department at Verizon and AT&T will select BES 10.1 for their MDM choice to customers.

Android App Virtualization:

The Blackberry 10 has got the support from a private company, which will allow the whole Android catalog to be ported on BB10 devices, and the user will feel that the whole catalog is native and has not been ported. The company will provide the solution that will be a link between BB10 and Android ecosystem of more than 700,000 touch enabled apps.

Launch of BES10 near:

Customers have for long wanted a major MDM capability from the Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) as it has cloud based mobile device management. Android and iOS have integrated features like BYOD sandboxing in June.

In the short term, Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s main focus will be the phones and the company has strong growth possibilities in May and August quarter. However, the advantage of Blackberry MDM opportunity is not fully known to others. The MDM software will gain market share in this fiscal and will earn revenues in the next year, says the report.

Other recent announcements

Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) has launched three phones based on the latest OS10. The first one it launched was Z10 followed by Q10 and Q5. CEO Heins has made a strategy under which Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) will not just launch the high end phones but will also bring in medium to low priced phones. There is, however, no clarity on the tablet plans of the company if it will continue or close down its tablet segment entirely.

Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) recently introduced a new software called BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1. The new software has the ability to allow restricted access to personal mails, Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB), Twitters etc.
    05-17-13 09:12 AM
    If the quote of 60 million current BBM users is correct then that would indicate an increase of 20% over last year.

BlackBerry tweet from last April:

Twitter

BlackBerry BlackBerryVerified account ‏@BlackBerry

We're celebrating the 55M #BBM users around the world! Reply if u <3 BBM & tag #BBMParty to join the conversation! Cc: @UK_BlackBerry

7:16 AM - 3 Apr 12
    Tweet text
    Reply to @BlackBerry @UK_BlackBerry

Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 09:13 AM
    Was the earthquake in Toronto a result of Rob Ford passing out after smoking a crack pipe? (sorry, couldn't help myself)
    Charles Martin1 and Bugmapper like this.
    05-17-13 09:14 AM
    If the quote of 60 million current BBM users is correct then that would indicate an increase of 20% over last year.

BlackBerry tweet from last April:
    Now, let's see that translate into 20% more for our SP...
    W Hoa, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 09:15 AM
    Wow! HMY is down to $3.89...beautiful swings in this one.
    05-17-13 09:17 AM
    That was just BlackBerry stock in Canada bouncing off its uptrend line right into BB_Traders face again. Nothing there.
    Wow, thanks for the head's up > 2 earthquakes felt in Ontario and Quebec - Ottawa - CBC News

Strong one's, yikes! Hope all are ok. http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/17/e...lt-in-toronto/
    05-17-13 09:17 AM
    Morgan, play nice fyi, back in cash, +.573 % roi in 30 minutes on 3 trades, 1 x HOD, 1 x BB, 1 x BB short. Hope all good with you
    05-17-13 09:19 AM
    Wow! HMY is down to $3.89...beautiful swings in this one.
    new 52 lows? Is that due to gold prices or the company? I know nothing of them.
    05-17-13 09:22 AM
    Shameful bullies like BB_Traitors
    Cough *** Ignore! *** Cough...
    05-17-13 09:22 AM
    Earthquake in Ontario / Quebec and bomb blast in Iraq this morning, good grief!

At the open: TSX rises on low inflation (RTGAM)
    Linda Nguyen
    The Toronto Stock Exchange climbed higher and the Canadian dollar fell Friday as Statistics Canada reported that consumer prices rose last month at the slowest rate in more than three years.
    The S&P/TSX composite index opened higher by 15.25 points to 12,522.85.
    The loonie fell more than 1.06 cents to 97.06 cents (U.S.) after the federal agency said Canada’s annual inflation rate dipped six-tenths of a point to 0.4 per cent.
    Statistics Canada said there was also an outward decline month-to-month, with prices dropping 0.4 per cent from March, largely due to falling gasoline prices.
    The Dow Jones industrial futures was ahead by 50.93 points to 15,284.15, the S&P 500 futures index jumped 7.30 points to 1,657.77, while the Nasdaq futures climbed 16.38 points to 3,481.62.
    Meanwhile, gold prices continued to pull back. June gold bullion dropped $13.60 to $1,373.30 (U.S.) an ounce, down nearly five per cent this week. On Wednesday, it had closed under $1,400 an ounce for the first time in a month.
    Oil climbed towards $105 a barrel on Friday, rebounding from an earlier decline and heading for a small weekly gain, although concern about the strength of demand growth limited the rise.
    A rally in refined products such as gasoil, a bomb attack closing an Iraqi export pipeline and steadier European equities lent support to crude, countering the U.S. dollar’s rise close to a 10-month high.
    Brent crude was up 82 cents at $104.60 a barrel by late morning, and was on course to rise about 0.7 percent this week. U.S. oil was up 77 cents at $95.93.
    “Equities are still well supported by the actions of the central banks. Once you get closer to $100 on Brent, there is a little bit more demand,” said Olivier Jakob, oil consultant at Petromatrix in Zug, Switzerland.
    More investors who sold long positions could be heading back into Brent, which hit a 2013 low of $96.75 on April 18, dealers said. Its peak for 2013 so far is $119.17, reached on Feb. 8.
    “The funds that got rid of their length are probably coming back in on the long side,” said Christopher Bellew, broker at Jefferies Bache. “Prices have probably hit their nadir and Brent is in a gradual upward move towards $110.”
    05-17-13 09:25 AM
    Here we go for test number 2.....

EDIT - Backed off it again.... now lets make the third time a charm.
    05-17-13 09:26 AM
    new 52 lows? Is that due to gold prices or the company? I know nothing of them.
    US dollar is up again today (Japanese Yen is really stirring things up), which is putting more downward pressure on gold ($1368).
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    05-17-13 09:26 AM
    Just experienced a small earthquake in N. Ontario. Anybody in Ottawa area confirm?
    Felt it also at 9:46 am. Bbmd my girlfriend she said I was crazy

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    05-17-13 09:27 AM
    I just bought some Jan 14 $30 calls for $0.30 cents. That's CHEAP.

I bought the exact same calls a few weeks ago at 0.37 and the SP was at $13.xx (sold those a week ago before the big dip).
    I'm trying to avoid 2014s.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:28 AM
    FYI... federal employees only have access to Bolds and Curves at this moment.
    Canadian federal employees??
    05-17-13 09:38 AM
    Looks like no morning plunge. Works for me!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-17-13 09:41 AM
    Well, Sorry for all you BBRY investors, but I'm enjoying watching the Loonie drop and float BB.TO about 45 cents. Whew.
    05-17-13 09:41 AM
    Canadian federal employees??
    Sorry, yeah, Canadian. Just in case anybody thought that they were approved yet, they are not, so those sales have not even started yet. (Maybe a few execs or politicians have gotten their hands on some, but not the rank and file)
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 09:42 AM
    BB pushing the BBM going cross-platform with a sign up page.

BBM Video with Screen Share - Download BlackBerry Messenger - US
    05-17-13 09:43 AM
    Weird....I thought I felt a little in my condo in Toronto....
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-17-13 09:43 AM
    Well, Sorry for all you BBRY investors, but I'm enjoying watching the Loonie drop and float BB.TO about 45 cents. Whew.
    C'mon 80 cent CDN dollar!!!

Although, I think with the US dollar appreciating so quickly, the FED is likely to jack up its QE in this little currency war that's going on...
    05-17-13 09:44 AM
113,250 ... 10281029103010311032 ...