Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "Up is a direction too":

Attachment 162559

Nothing special here, we should regain the 50-dma and build for another rally to $ 16.00/shr here while we wait to break out. This trading pattern is narrowing so much that something has to give between now and the Q10 USA launch. We can't keep trading in smaller ranges here. Place your bets gentlemen, lady and troll!

Great news on marketshare in Canada and that's without much Z10 business and zero Q10, now we have BES10, all these "10's", will make us "10's" of millions so hang in there! Let's start by closing near $ 15.00/shr today.

Question: How does our resident troll BB-Trader get paid if Canada has officially dropped the penny?
    Hi Morgan,

Long time reader of and part time contributor to the thread and long BB.

Would appreciate your view on something, however, before that I'd just like to thank you for the all the analysis you provide us with!

With regards to BBRY, just wondering whether we're being set up by shorts here to take out the 8 month up trend line and inflict some major technical damage on the stock. I recall they tried this once before, fairly recently actually (unsuccessfully) and am wary that having pushed us down to the uptrend line we're now going to hear from our favorite shorts (Cannacord, etc) to, as I mentioned above, cause technical damage to the stock. What do you think of this scenario and whether it's likely or not?

Thanks
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 07:52 AM
    Cool, and no red plunge yet. Perhaps we'll end the week in the green.
    I would love to see it green for Friday.

Daddy got a new JetSki and will be taking my "maiden voyage" after work today! A good bit was paid for by BBRY!

Good luck to everyone today!
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    05-17-13 07:55 AM
    I have a funny feeling the doubling of canadian market share story wont be picked up by any media outlets today. Yet when can'taccord and cleveland guessearch do their "channel" checks it's all over cnbc, motley fool, etc.
    Kinda shows their hand doesn't it? They are the least bit objective. I'm that they were hoping that BlackBerry Live was going to have empty halls...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 07:55 AM
    I don't like their prices but love their products. However, I am more of a Porsche guy.
    Have you seen the new boxster s? I wouldn't consider it a "girl" car anymore. If BBRY hits $50 it's either bw that or the new vette for me.

05-17-13 07:58 AM
    Oh really? Cool. I guess I should read that then lol

Posted via CB10
    I think your computer has to be on but Link does not need to be open? This is a nice feature, I don't think I will use it much since I don't leave my work PC on for security reasons and have access files via Carbonite back-up, but for many, this is a great feature.
    05-17-13 08:05 AM
    What do you guys think about the buying opportunity today? Is this the last one before the rally that M+8 mentioned?

I now have some money freed up from mutual funds I sold and would like to bring into BBRY. Thanks.
    05-17-13 08:07 AM
    CNET is now going with the Canada sales double story. It qualifies the good news by saying: "Regardless, BlackBerry is no competition for Apple and Samsung."

What the writer forgot to mention was that with BBRY's increase someone will suffer a decrease. From the graph below see if you can figure out who that might be.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb_canada_raymondjames-371x285.jpg  
    05-17-13 08:08 AM
    I think your computer has to be on but Link does not need to be open? This is a nice feature, I don't think I will use it much since I don't leave my work PC on for security reasons and have access files via Carbonite back-up, but for many, this is a great feature.
    Yes, link doesn't have to be open. It gets annoying sometimes tho because every time I reconnect my phone to my home wifi, I always get the notification on the PC.
    05-17-13 08:08 AM
    bbry, blah, pre-market, 14.69-14.85, 87k, dow futures +40. h'mm, what to do ... long / short? thinking short. tba.
    crazy oil, may short oil today, will watch natural gas too.
    all the best for a great day everyone!
    05-17-13 08:14 AM
    A-ha!!! This is likely a large contributor to the stock slide this week:

"At the BlackBerry Live conference in Orlando on May 14, CEO Thorsten Heins let fall that there were 60 million subscribers to BlackBerry Messenger, which probably indicates that BlackBerry is still shedding users. As of March 28, BlackBerry stated in their fiscal year earnings report that their subscriber base was about 76 million."

BlackBerry Hangs Tough - BBRY, MSFT - Foolish Blogging Network
    05-17-13 08:16 AM
    Ok cm1 and bungaboy earn your keep. Some rumour on twitter about the NS govt upgrading to BB10 now? We need more info!
    05-17-13 08:18 AM

"At the BlackBerry Live conference in Orlando on May 14, CEO Thorsten Heins let fall that there were 60 million subscribers to BlackBerry Messenger, which probably indicates that BlackBerry is still shedding users. As of March 28, BlackBerry stated in their fiscal year earnings report that their subscriber base was about 76 million."

way to spin it. They've always had lower BBM usage than subscribers.
    05-17-13 08:23 AM
    What do you guys think about the buying opportunity today? Is this the last one before the rally that M+8 mentioned?

I now have some money freed up from mutual funds I sold and would like to bring into BBRY. Thanks.
    I'm thinking today, during the 10:30 dip or perhaps later this afternoon. We have a few slow weeks ahead, so you may also want to hold off. It has a tendency to slip on no news, which is also when the bears come around. I'm thinking if we have no news next week there could be a heavy bear raid later next week.
    05-17-13 08:24 AM
    yip, and that's how they use their "interpretation" or "opinion" to twist things around.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 08:25 AM

This may seem crazy but....not all BlackBerry users have BBM active.
    05-17-13 08:26 AM
    way to spin it. They've always had lower BBM usage than subscribers.
    yip, and that's how they use their "interpretation" or "opinion" to twist things around.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 08:26 AM
    This may seem crazy but....not all BlackBerry users have BBM active.
    We know that but Joe/Jill public likely don't. That's where ignorance is bliss in a short dog's mind...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 08:27 AM

There is a difference between the subscriber base and BBM users. They are not the same thing. Not every BB subscriber counts as a BBM user. Article has it wrong.
    05-17-13 08:29 AM
    Know someone that drove them all his life. Then he bought a Lexus. His conclusion is that they are the same with a much different price tag.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    05-17-13 08:30 AM

Yeah, I saw that during LIVE but was hoping it was just an interpretation of people "using" BBM versus "having access" to BBM. i.e. I bought a blackberry but I use whatsapp or SMS because my friends don't have a blackberry.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 08:32 AM
    A friend has one of these. Looks and sounds great, but drives like a pig...
    I liked the Gullwing at first ('65 SL is one of my favorite cars), but it seemed annoying after awhile, not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-17-13 08:32 AM
    There is a difference between the subscriber base and BBM users. They are not the same thing. Not every BB subscriber counts as a BBM user. Article has it wrong.
    We know that but Joe/Jill public likely don't and that's how they quietly spread their seeds of doubt. Hell, keep it up if it keeps the shorts piling in. There's going to be some good news soon enough to show the true picture.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 08:33 AM

I'm sure you're aware Charles, but for others,
    "BlackBerry Subscriber" and "BBM Subscribers" are two different things.

You can be a "BlackBerry" sub without being a "BBM" sub.
    The BBM numbers have always been lower than the total subs at ER. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit, Once again I'm late replying. Sometimes I just like to see my picture in the forum anyway

I'm buying calls on every 50+ cent dip.

Posted via CB10
    Ok cm1 and bungaboy earn your keep. Some rumour on twitter about the NS govt upgrading to BB10 now? We need more info!
    Would not surprise me because they already have a rebate for jobs program in place with BB. I called my contact and left a voice mail. Will wait to hear.

Local store tells me Provincial employees have been in getting Z10s and Q10s lately.

Bell and the Province have been re-negotiating their contract as their existing one expired end of April.

Charles1 may have some input as he is a bluenoser too.
    cjcampbell, morganplus8 and take99 like this.
    05-17-13 08:34 AM
113,256 ... 10261027102810291030 ...