View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Those analyst (Gartner) Q1s are jan -mar right? BBRY ER Q1 will be mar-may.

Likely very little sales in Jan as people waited for the BB10 launch event. Add in Q10 sales for May (2M+), and three months of Z10 (vs 2 in those estimate reports). I'd say close to 8M...at least 7.5. I think a few weeks ago I put my own estimates/numbers out on this thread with total 7.9M

Spiller!

I'm watching Swamp People on the History Channel while reading your comments here and I have to admit, I think you are right! Now, even though "Junior" is trying to kill an alligator from dry land, "Willy" has to do all the work of getting the darn thing into their boat. So while they are trying to get that darn thing, I was thinking about these numbers:

IDC
    In Q4-2012 7.4m units shipped.
    In Q1-2013 6.3m units shipped.

Gartner
    In Q4-2012, 7.3m sold to end users.
    In Q1-2013 6.2m sold to end users.

BlackBerry told us that they sold 1,000,000 units in February to March 2nd, they also landed that Brightstar 1 MM order and you know they must have sent at least 1 MM more to the UK and many other countries during Feb to Mar/2013. This means that their BBO7 sales would have been crushed in order to lose 600,000 sell through sales with most of it happening in March. They didn't sell a single BBO7 in March! What? Just not likely my friend. What is surprising is that they both agree on plunging sales of BBO7. How can you sell 2 MM plus BBO7's in February and nothing in March? They will never be called on it as their quarterly numbers will never match BlackBerry's Fiscal numbers. They don't even have to try. We all know that carriers depleted all of their inventory heading into the Z10 launch, so did BlackBerry, this means they all had to build huge inventory for this cycle. Hmmmn?

That alligator was over 10 feet and they got it the boat without shooting each other!!! Go Willy GO! Can anyone translate what Troy is saying on that show please?
    05-16-13 05:40 PM
    Spiller!

I'm watching Swamp People on the History Channel while reading your comments here and I have to admit, I think you are right! Now, even though "Junior" is trying to kill an alligator from dry land, "Willy" has to do all the work of getting the darn thing into their boat. So while they are trying to get that darn thing, I was thinking about these numbers:

IDC

Gartner

BlackBerry told us that they sold 1,000,000 units in February to March 2nd, they also landed that Brightstar 1 MM order and you know they must have sent at least 1 MM more to the UK and many other countries during Feb to Mar/2013. This means that their BBO7 sales would have been crushed in order to lose 600,000 sell through sales with most of it happening in March. They didn't sell a single BBO7 in March! What? Just not likely my friend. What is surprising is that they both agree on plunging sales of BBO7. How can you sell 2 MM plus BBO7's in February and nothing in March? They will never be called on it as their quarterly numbers will never match BlackBerry's Fiscal numbers. They don't even have to try. We all know that carriers depleted all of their inventory heading into the Z10 launch, so did BlackBerry, this means they all had to build huge inventory for this cycle. Hmmmn?

That alligator was over 10 feet and they got it the boat without shooting each other!!! Go Willy GO! Can anyone translate what Troy is saying on that show please?
    Sounds logical M+8! Did you pick up more beer? cheers
    05-16-13 05:45 PM
    Shoot em Clint, Shoot em! That's all I can make out

Spiller!

IDC

Gartner

05-16-13 05:47 PM
    BTW love Swamp People. 2nd fave after Deadliest Catch
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-16-13 05:48 PM
    Sounds logical M+8! Did you pick up more beer? cheers
    Has BlackBerry suffered cardiac arrest this week??? Of course I did!! Its Mexican weekend for us and we make the best Margaritas in the County, that and the fridge full of Coronas and I WILL forget about BBRY this weekend! Thanks

I actually send out REAL beers to people, none of this virtual stuff! LOL
    05-16-13 05:53 PM
    Has BlackBerry suffered cardiac arrest this week??? Of course I did!! Its Mexican weekend for us and we make the best Margaritas in the County, that and the fridge full of Coronas and I WILL forget about BBRY this weekend! Thanks

Feel free to send me a few rounds.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-16-13 05:58 PM
    Just dropping a note to make sure you guys took my advice and stayed away from JCP?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    05-16-13 05:58 PM

morganplus8 and Mike Meldrum like this.
    05-16-13 06:02 PM
    Just dropping a note to make sure you guys took my advice and stayed away from JCP?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Thanks for the advice.
    05-16-13 06:03 PM
    Sounds like you are getting half way there M8 lol lol :-). Enjoy!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    05-16-13 06:10 PM
    Spiller!

IDC

Gartner

I think you have to put a little "chaw" in yer ears maybe?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-16-13 06:20 PM
    Lol...beer through nose again!!!

And a huge thanks Gohan for the detailed reply on PXX... appreciate it sir. I like the long shots which make sense from a tactical side.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-16-13 at 06:57 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 06:29 PM
    All the beer talk, I couldn't resist. A Blue moon and a Sam Adam done, a glass of Crown next...
    Cheers guys!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not too sure about that. JCP still looks pretty good. Just because they are bleeding a bit doesn't tell the whole story. Crap, look at us. We spend more time in the red than anyone else. Time will tell.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000075.jpg  
    05-16-13 06:49 PM
    All the beer talk, I couldn't resist. A Blue moon and a Sam Adam done, a glass of Crown next...
    Cheers guys!

Posted via CB10
    Dang, I would join you guys but I have to get some studies done. Prost!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 07:03 PM
    Can't recall seeing this yesterday posted. Am I wrong? - don't mean to recycle stories here

"Toufik Zigha, IT Manager of the New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT) confirmed that, "The City of New York DOITT intends to deploy 2,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones by this summer and views BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 as a key component to our enterprise mobility strategy."
    05-16-13 07:09 PM
    Dang, I would join you guys but I have to get some studies done. Prost!
    Beer and studying doesn't need to be mutual exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 07:24 PM
    Ohayo gozaimasu!

Alright, so I just woke up and man, what a boring stock day that would have been today... And check it out, it fell below $15 at one point on the TSX! Odd, as I've been scimming the news and there hasn't been anything clearly negative that would indicate a continued fall in price. Good news is though, the lows are a bit higher than the last couple months and we seem to hold around the $15 mark. Sweet. It must have been the articles stating how Windows phones have been outshipping BB... Bunch of BS! Just wait until numbers are released about the Q10 and Z10 in June people. The only person I know with a windows phone is some person named Kid Vibe... O wait.

Also, Morgan+8 for president! Nice thoughts, something that puts a bit into perspective. Remember, it is so easy to forget some of BB's recent success stories after last Q's ER. This is the media, it is 24/7 and its all too overwhelming. Stick to the key notes (and trust me, those key notes are positive) and analyze the negativity (seems to be just rumors for the most part!).

This could very well be a flatline grind between 15-16 until the end of June. Lets all hope we have wicked numbers on that report!
    05-16-13 07:25 PM
    Seeing how we are all on the topic of beer, every one stock up at the LCBO today in case they go on strike? :d

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:25 PM
    Seeing how we are all on the topic of beer, every one stock up at the LCBO today in case they go on strike? :d

Posted via CB10
    Can still buy beer at the Beer Store but it will probably be mayhem. I buy my booze in Quebec when I visit my brother in Ottawa. Worth it, we get robbed in Ontario.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 07:34 PM
    Can still buy beer at the Beer Store but it will probably be mayhem. I buy my booze in Quebec when I visit my brother in Ottawa. Worth it, we get robbed in Ontario.
    Yeah I'm picky with my beer and can't get it at the beer store. I'm not too worried thought, my neighbor brews his own so he's my backup plan.

Posted via CB10
    leafs123, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 07:36 PM
    I'm not too sure about that. JCP still looks pretty good. Just because they are bleeding a bit doesn't tell the whole story. Crap, look at us. We spend more time in the red than anyone else. Time will tell.
    True. BBY was on its back before Christmas at $11 and change but now it's almost at $30
    05-16-13 07:40 PM
    Thoughts on the next two weeks?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-16-13 07:43 PM
    Beer and studying doesn't need to be mutual exclusive.

Posted via CB10
    If memory serves me correctly, I believe that they are inextricably linked...lol
    05-16-13 07:43 PM
    If memory serves me correctly, I believe that they are inextricably linked...lol
    I could of gone to med school if I didn't drink before I studied. But who wants a doctor that drinks before he thinks!
    05-16-13 07:57 PM
113,256 ... 10211022102310241025 ...