View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think tomorrow will be ripe for another raid - whether successful hard to say but with NO volume and may options expiry this week really seems like a great time to take a run. Next month options expiry will be too close to the ER to make much of a dent I foresee.

We haven't heard much from Canaccord and Cleveland this week, so a hunch they come out with something tomorrow before the open. Was half expecting that this morning. I will dump my MAY18 13 strike calls at the close today -- probably not much action up vs risk down tomorrow. My irrational $15 strike calls on Tuesday after the Keynote have put a 1K writeoff in my portfolio unless tomorrow is a really good day I will let them expire worthless.
    I think so too. These quiet days usually end the same way. Perhaps Monday or Tuesday will begin to show us some GREEN again.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-16-13 at 02:55 PM.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-16-13 02:25 PM
    Only if he's made to hand out shares as door prizes and pay the bar tab..
    LOL...thanks just blew water out my nose!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:25 PM
    Just bought more 2015 calls at the 30 strikes

Posted via CB10
    tygros likes this.
    05-16-13 02:29 PM
    What a boring Thursday. I'm hoping for an up day tomorrow but at the same time I'd be surprised considering the options expiration. I feel like these trends are obvious to see and too consistent to be a "coincidence".
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-16-13 02:32 PM
    What a boring Thursday. I'm hoping for an up day tomorrow but at the same time I'd be surprised considering the options expiration. I feel like these trends are obvious to see and too consistent to be a "coincidence".
    Yep, and historically Friday's aren't a productive day (Green) for the SP. I see RED until next week sometime.
    05-16-13 02:35 PM
    Where are they getting their data from for March?
    I don't know the methodology they use.
    05-16-13 02:37 PM
    In a way I wish we knew what was being released throughout the year. That way I could prioritize my purchases. Would I postpone getting the Q10 if I knew there was a 5+ device coming out shortly after? Not sure, but it would be an option.
    I wish that we could know what products BB had in store for the remainder of the year, but the general public would not. I was a bit worried that TH was going to drop a strong hint of a phablet for Xmas at BB Live. That would have been, IMO, a mistake. We'd have had a minor stock pop, good for the short term, but in the next 1 or 2 quarters sales would have suffered while people delayed making a purchase.

We need steady sales now, more than ever, while BB continues their transition. If there is an Xmas phablet on the way, great! But don't announce until September at the earliest. But let's face it, BB hasn't been able (or wanted to?) avoid leaking pics of future phones months before their release. I doubt that will change, so I suspect by August/September we would start seeing leaks of anything coming out at Xmas.
    Yep, and historically Friday's aren't a productive day (Green) for the SP. I see RED until next week sometime.
    Well I'll have to cover some of my margin call next week so I'll have to sell some for a loss then.
    from my earlier post above:

"We even bumped into Thorsten Heins in the hotel bar at 2am on Tuesday"

I think we need to get him to come the the $100 party.
    A dedicated CEO with such a large company in the period of turnaround, has no weekend and holiday. He probably will be lucky to get 6 hours sleep per day.
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-16-13 02:38 PM
    Just bought more 2015 calls at the 30 strikes

Posted via CB10
    I'm still learning about options, do you mind telling me if it was the Jan 2015 options? I only see one call/put on the Nasdaq site ($15 strike):

Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Options Chain - Stock Puts & Calls - NASDAQ.com
    05-16-13 02:40 PM
    Then how do you know the numbers are accurate enough to be bad?
    05-16-13 02:48 PM
    It doesn't happen often that we get below 40. I think we will make minimal gains but I don't expect any sort of further sell off...
    We've had 5 different instances over the past 6 months where the RSI (10) fell below 40. These were mostly pivotal moments and occurred almost exclusively on Fridays. These were:

December ER (Friday the 21st);
    Z10 launch (Wed-Fri);
    MKM Downgrade (Fr Feb 22);
    Z10 Returns Exceed Sales (April 10-11, Thurs-Fri); and
    World BBM Store Service disruption (April 18, Fri)

I'm hoping the same doesn't happen tomorrow but given a major event this week, we've already taken a slight fall, volume is not great, and options expire tomorrow...if I were a betting man I'd expect a greater chance of it tomorrow than not. If so, I don't imagine we'll slip more than 70 cents.

Here's hoping it doesn't happen. Cheers mates. I'm cracking open a beer.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-16-13 at 03:04 PM.
    bungaboy, lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    05-16-13 02:53 PM
    I'm still learning about options, do you mind telling me if it was the Jan 2015 options? I only see one call/put on the Nasdaq site ($15 strike):

Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Options Chain - Stock Puts & Calls - NASDAQ.com
    Make sure all (moneyness) is selected in the drop down menu.
    05-16-13 02:54 PM
    lol, I made $4 today. Literally!

05-16-13 02:59 PM
    Oh my, ................... this is so boring, I even bought some more BBRY and I don't need them. Here is the chart:

Attachment 162309

Look at that 8-month uptrend line, we almost touched it today. Look at the 4 month downtrend line, we can't see it today. But, we will touch it next week. We are stuck at the 50-dma, there is no volume and I only have 5 beer in the fridge. Gotta go.

Hey M+8 I forgot what that famous Warren Buffet saying was.... ____ when there is panic and blood in the streets?

I just sure hope that a 8 month trend line is stronger than a 4 month trend line on no news!
    05-16-13 03:00 PM
    I am amazed that these quacks aren't made to reference their sources. Jesus, if I tried that as an economist I'd be burned at the stake, ate, and shat out in some putrid outhouse...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 03:01 PM
    I am not greedy, have a great night everyone, covered my short position at $14.97 BB, no guff, all good, cya in the morning, all cash for the night

Here's hoping it doesn't happen. Cheers mates. I'm cracking open a beer.
    Beer-thirty sounds good right now. Just a few more hours for me and I can have one. Prost!
    Put themselves in good position to keep it under 14.50 tomorrow. Wish there was some fight!
    05-16-13 03:04 PM
    Beer-thirty sounds good right now. Just a few more hours for me and I can have one. Prost!
    If I am right about tomorrow, I am definitely pulling out 50% before the June ER.

This round is on me folks. Good luck tomorrow.

cjcampbell, Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    05-16-13 03:11 PM
    05-16-13 03:11 PM
    Seems appropriate:

cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 03:17 PM
    If I am right about tomorrow, I am definitely pulling out 50% before the June ER.

This round is on me folks. Good luck tomorrow.

Well here's to hoping you are wrong.
    05-16-13 03:17 PM
    Oh my, ................... this is so boring, I even bought some more BBRY and I don't need them.
    I tried to buy a little bit more too (~$40K), but transfer got stuck...
    05-16-13 03:21 PM
    Finally dump 4000 shares before close at break even. Another 4000 stand by for tomorrow then I am done. It is very depressing to see the way this stock goes.
    05-16-13 03:24 PM
113,256 ... 10191020102110221023 ...