Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    from my earlier post above:

"We even bumped into Thorsten Heins in the hotel bar at 2am on Tuesday"

I think we need to get him to come the the $100 party.
    Is kidnapping illegal if you are taking them someplace fun and surrounded by friends?
    05-16-13 01:05 PM
    It be done. Don't expect any more announcements.
    So any awsome CNBC live coverage? Or was it just an excuse for a staff holiday on CNBC's dime?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 01:08 PM
    But quite unrealistic. If BBRY could ship 6 million units in 15 days, we would be talking about a $1000 party, not a $100. We just need to make a solid profit quarter over quarter. 10 mill / quarter would be huge.
    Hardly unrealistic because it is relevant. The idea is that Samsung are killing sales numbers whether compare to BlackBerry of Apple. They fact of the matter is those getting the S4 are most likely not the ones with the S3, but possibly iPhone, BlackBerry, and Galaxy S2 users. That's 6 million in 15 days. We got 1 Million in a month. At the pace they are at thats 12 million. It's a significant number because of that potential 12 million, how many people are they sniping from BlackBerry. That's something to be concerned with the success of a competitor.

I'm just making a comparison as to how critical it could be if any portion of BlackBerry uses upgraded to the S4 vs an OS10 device because that's a huge opportunity cost.
    05-16-13 01:08 PM
    Is it true that the 5 inch phone will be like a torch?
    05-16-13 01:10 PM
    Is it true that the 5 inch phone will be like a torch?
    It could be if you are to speculate. lol But if it were, that would be one big and bulky device.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-16-13 01:14 PM
    The third time I was thinking about selling in the 16$ area and haven�t done it. And I know when I sell the next time the rocket starts.
    Today I just hope we end green, that would be a really good sign.
    05-16-13 01:15 PM
    I think tomorrow will be ripe for another raid - whether successful hard to say but with NO volume and may options expiry this week really seems like a great time to take a run. Next month options expiry will be too close to the ER to make much of a dent I foresee.

We haven't heard much from Canaccord and Cleveland this week, so a hunch they come out with something tomorrow before the open. Was half expecting that this morning. I will dump my MAY18 13 strike calls at the close today -- probably not much action up vs risk down tomorrow. My irrational $15 strike calls on Tuesday after the Keynote have put a 1K writeoff in my portfolio unless tomorrow is a really good day I will let them expire worthless.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-16-13 01:21 PM
    The third time I was thinking about selling in the 16$ area and haven�t done it. And I know when I sell the next time the rocket starts.
    Welcome aboard Chris. Just stay calm you have time to monitor the raise !
    Chris2J and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 01:24 PM
    Hardly unrealistic because it is relevant. The idea is that Samsung are killing sales numbers whether compare to BlackBerry of Apple. They fact of the matter is those getting the S4 are most likely not the ones with the S3, but possibly iPhone, BlackBerry, and Galaxy S2 users. That's 6 million in 15 days. We got 1 Million in a month. At the pace they are at thats 12 million. It's a significant number because of that potential 12 million, how many people are they sniping from BlackBerry. That's something to be concerned with the success of a competitor.

I'm just making a comparison as to how critical it could be if any portion of BlackBerry uses upgraded to the S4 vs an OS10 device because that's a huge opportunity cost.
    Good point.

So I will reiterate... BB needs to go "all in" and release as many BB10 devices that they have, as soon as they are ready. If they are trying to time the market they are losing time.
    gohan_bcc and fedakd like this.
    05-16-13 01:25 PM
    Yup...damn it's a hard one to time...Q10 hype was solid and it looked like a steady rise up. If I sold my may calls 2 weeks ago at $16.50 SP vs today I'd have "tens of thousands" more "winnings". Not to worry....my July calls will more than make up for it in the end. They will kill it with the ER.
    05-16-13 01:26 PM
    Bought more 15.04 BB.TO, gonna Short-term trade a block, while holding a long position
    05-16-13 01:27 PM
    Good point.

So I will reiterate... BB needs to go "all in" and release as many BB10 devices that they have, as soon as they are ready. If they are trying to time the market they are losing time.
    "as soon as they are ready" <> "rush them out".

No rush. Patience. Long hault. I'm not sure BBRY can afford a frontal fight (in fact, I'm sure they can't).
    Back to roots and DNA: loyal customers and Enterprises. That's the plan. Was exposed. Is happening ... at least starting to.
    BlackBerry is still in the shadow ... that's a more comfortable place for now, JMHO.

Good nite gang. Dinner time here.
    05-16-13 01:29 PM
    I'll post this here for those that haven't seen it...discusses many of the automobile concepts that were talked about yesterday on this thread:

CrackBerry Live: Sebastien Marineau - YouTube
    05-16-13 01:35 PM
    I think we're going downtown tomorrow. RSI(10) is still above 40 and there's nothing substantial enough to keep us floating near $15. Let me be wrong.
    05-16-13 01:43 PM
    AAPL: Way Behind BBRY, Samsung in India, Says Global Equities
    Apple is �outmarketed� in India by BlackBerry (BBRY) and Samsung Electronics (005930KS), writes Chowdhry, with the leading brand in phones and tablets being that of Samsung, and Apple�siPhone, its most popular product in India, being used by �a very small percentage of total mobile users.�

Chowdhry notes Apple hasn�t garnered the �elite� brand that BlackBerry and Samsung have cultivated:

Samsung and Blackberry have constantly advertised themselves as the �elite� ones. In this way, they create an environment where they tend to mentally enslave the consumer to buy their products.

AAPL: Way Behind BBRY, Samsung in India, Says Global Equities - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    05-16-13 01:47 PM
    I think we're going downtown tomorrow. RSI(10) is still above 40 and there's nothing substantial enough to keep us floating near $15. Let me be wrong.
    It doesn't happen often that we get below 40. I think we will make minimal gains but I don't expect any sort of further sell off...
    05-16-13 01:47 PM
    Is kidnapping illegal if you are taking them someplace fun and surrounded by friends?
    Only if he's made to hand out shares as door prizes and pay the bar tab..
    take99, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 01:54 PM
    Loved this line, maybe we need to get the BBRY india marketing people to the US?

Samsung and Blackberry have constantly advertised themselves as the ‘elite’ ones. In this way, they create an environment where they tend to mentally enslave the consumer to buy their products. In terms of advertising, one is likely to see Samsung Ad in every 15 minutes on television, whereas Apple Ads are rarely there. Apple Ads are only flashed at the time when a new iPhone is being launched.

AAPL: Way Behind BBRY, Samsung in India, Says Global Equities
    Apple is “outmarketed” in India by BlackBerry (BBRY) and Samsung Electronics (005930KS), writes Chowdhry, with the leading brand in phones and tablets being that of Samsung, and Apple’siPhone, its most popular product in India, being used by “a very small percentage of total mobile users.”

Chowdhry notes Apple hasn’t garnered the “elite” brand that BlackBerry and Samsung have cultivated:

Samsung and Blackberry have constantly advertised themselves as the ‘elite’ ones. In this way, they create an environment where they tend to mentally enslave the consumer to buy their products.

AAPL: Way Behind BBRY, Samsung in India, Says Global Equities - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 02:00 PM
    Loved this line, maybe we need to get the BBRY india marketing people to the US?

Samsung and Blackberry have constantly advertised themselves as the ‘elite’ ones. In this way, they create an environment where they tend to mentally enslave the consumer to buy their products. In terms of advertising, one is likely to see Samsung Ad in every 15 minutes on television, whereas Apple Ads are rarely there. Apple Ads are only flashed at the time when a new iPhone is being launched.
    Now if they could bring whatever advertising is working there to North America, things could turn around a bit quicker.
    05-16-13 02:04 PM
    Oh my, ................... this is so boring, I even bought some more BBRY and I don't need them. Here is the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-16b-2013-chart.jpg

Look at that 8-month uptrend line, we almost touched it today. Look at the 4 month downtrend line, we can't see it today. But, we will touch it next week. We are stuck at the 50-dma, there is no volume and I only have 5 beer in the fridge. Gotta go.
    05-16-13 02:04 PM
    Oh my, ................... this is so boring, I even bought some more BBRY and I don't need them. Here is the chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM May 16b  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	162309

Look at that 8-month uptrend line, we almost touched it today. Look at the 4 month downtrend line, we can't see it today. But, we will touch it next week. We are stuck at the 50-dma, there is no volume and I only have 5 beer in the fridge. Gotta go.
    Better go stock up then. lol I still have enough in my system to tide me over until tomorrow night.... the beginning of May 2-4

Glad to see that we are still holding on to the long term upward trend. Thanks again Morgan.
    05-16-13 02:09 PM
    Data from research firms doesn't look good for BlackBerry.

IDC
    In Q4-2012 7.4m units shipped.
    In Q1-2013 6.3m units shipped.

Gartner
    In Q4-2012, 7.3m sold to end users.
    In Q1-2013 6.2m sold to end users.

Q1 included two months of sales of z10 in UK and Canada, a month in countries like Germany and Italy, two weeks in US.

I hope sales of old BBOS devices collapsed so an important share of the 6m are z10.
    05-16-13 02:11 PM

IDC

Gartner

Q1 included two months of sales of z10 in UK and Canada, a month in countries like Germany and Italy, two weeks in US.

I hope sales of old BBOS devices collapsed so an important share of the 6m are z10.
    Where are they getting their data from for March?
    05-16-13 02:18 PM
    Good grief, what is taking so long? Stick a fork in this pig. Yes, I am in the money with my short position, but I want more please. Hope all is well fellow traders.

05-16-13 02:23 PM

IDC

Gartner

BlackBerry has been trying to make a comeback with its new BlackBerry 10 (BB10) operating system and line of devices. The new line was introduced in late January of this year, with its first BB10 smartphone -- the Z10 -- being released at that same time in the UK. It rolled out slowly throughout the next couple of months, ending with a U.S. launch on March 22.

This means that BB10 couldn't really use the first quarter to its full potential as far as shipments go, and numbers could pick up in Q2 2013 -- especially since its second BB10 smartphone (the Q10) is being released throughout May.

DailyTech - IDC: Windows Phone Passes BlackBerry for Third Place in Q1 Shipments
    05-16-13 02:24 PM
113,256 ... 10181019102010211022 ...