View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't place a ton of weight on it but investors do react to the news. The next few quarters will mean more as os10 should be rolled out. But we won't see the full q10 effect for this quarter either

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:22 AM
    This statistic isnt a big deal now. But if next quarter windows does the same then we are in big trouble.

Posted via CB10
    Not quite. Remember Heins words "it's about profitability, not ranking in absolute value [...] We don't have to compare to what is believed as the sole model (aapl)" (=> I'm not sure this is the exact wording though !).
    If BBRY is #4 with higher profitability, guess where investors are going to put their $$$ ?
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:22 AM
    I have been following this thread nearly daily since its inception, and I am grateful to everybody that has posted here. I have learned quite a bit! While I have no dog in this fight, so to speak, with numbers like this, it is not really surprising to me to see that the stock is uninspiring.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Shipments Top 6 Million In 15 Days
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Shipments Top 6 Million In 15 Days | TechCrunch
    05-16-13 11:23 AM
    I have been following this thread nearly daily since its inception, and I am grateful to everybody that has posted here. I have learned quite a bit! While I have no dog in this fight, so to speak, with numbers like this, it is not really surprising to me to see that the stock is uninspiring.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Shipments Top 6 Million In 15 Days
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Shipments Top 6 Million In 15 Days | TechCrunch
    That's #1 usual range for a new device ... once again, can't compare. Unless it's proven 50% of those buyers were former BBrians ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 11:26 AM
    That's #1 usual range for a new device ... once again, can't compare. Unless it's proven 50% of those buyers were former BBrians ...
    I think it more so just reaffirming that BB has a lot of ground to gain.

If 2% of those were sales were to BlackBerry uses that would have accounted for 12% of the Z10 Sales number released during Q1. I mean its relevant in that if any percentage of those 6 million are BB users, that is a big number.
    05-16-13 11:30 AM
    I'm not really making a comparison to anything, just pointing out that a lot of smartphone buyers are choosing Samsung.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:32 AM
    Looks like we double bottomed and are now heading to test the 50-dma once again. Lets get through this. Who woulda thunk that 3 days of good news would drive the stock in a negative fashion.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:33 AM
    But quite unrealistic. If BBRY could ship 6 million units in 15 days, we would be talking about a $1000 party, not a $100. We just need to make a solid profit quarter over quarter. 10 mill / quarter would be huge.

I think it more so just reaffirming that BB has a lot of ground to gain.

If 2% of those were sales were to BlackBerry uses that would have accounted for 12% of the Z10 Sales number released during Q1. I mean its relevant in that if any percentage of those 6 million are BB users, that is a big number.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:34 AM
    You don't say...

I'm not really making a comparison to anything, just pointing out that a lot of smartphone buyers are choosing Samsung.
    05-16-13 11:34 AM
    Today is soooo boring!!!!!
    We're just sticking around $14.80!

Where is the good news to bring it back to green!!
    05-16-13 11:35 AM
    05-16-13 11:36 AM
    You don't say...
    Why the sarcasm?
    05-16-13 11:36 AM
    just thought it was funny, bear with me I'm not in a great mood

Why the sarcasm?
    05-16-13 11:39 AM

haha, okay
    take99 likes this.
    05-16-13 11:40 AM
    I'm having one of those days as well. Fourth Monday this week and I'm still looking for a job in Colorado Springs to get out of this hell hole. BBRY is my temporary relief and when it's not doing well it feels like Jalapeno Peppers being ground into the wounds.
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:42 AM
    [QUOTE=lcjr; it feels like Jalapeno Peppers being ground into the wounds.[/QUOTE]

Is that a new component of a the Read Interrogation Tactics? Lol. Pulling for you on some good news for your Colorado move.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:45 AM
    Maybe it's just me but this guy makes me miss Dude (at least he was original) and even LuckyJP (good for a laugh).
    Now that he is trying to play nice, it's just boring.

i sure hope so, gave up for the day trying to short oil, unbelievable to see the boys in the pit pushing oil over $95 in light of a lousy economy, oh well, yesterday's profits will pay for today's haircut, lol, in the meantime, back in BB ... shorting.
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:47 AM
    Another thing I've noticed is the Bollinger Bands have turned in towards each other. Now the last time this happened a breakout was predicted by one of our members (I forget who) and he was right.... unfortunately in the wrong direction. I'm optimistic that it will pop in our favour on the next one. Could be next week though. I don't expect much more out of this week. Maybe finish at or around 15.50. Too much noise to go much higher.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 05-16-13 at 12:01 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:48 AM
    We'll be back at $15 before 12:30et today. No doubts.
    Cowbell ready?
    Off by 25-30min? I'll take it... now get there BBRY to match BB.to
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-16-13 11:50 AM
    The only redeeming part of my experience with this stock so far is this thread and the regulars on here. The part about being able to get in today at an average lower than what I have paid is starting to get to me, if I wasn't on this thread I'd be LuckyJP reboot right now.
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:50 AM
    I'm having one of those days as well. Fourth Monday this week and I'm still looking for a job in Colorado Springs to get out of this hell hole. BBRY is my temporary relief and when it's not doing well it feels like Jalapeno Peppers being ground into the wounds.
    Lol. Try to stick to the fundamentals. Hope you'll find comfort in taking a step back and have a more objective view. Don't join the chaos.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:51 AM
    Could be another raid being planned with all the negative news...hopefully not though. The last big bear raid brought us down to $13.50...we never thought it would have happened either.
    05-16-13 11:53 AM
    Is that a new component of a the Read Interrogation Tactics? Lol. Pulling for you on some good news for your Colorado move.

Posted via CB10
    The organizations accused of intentionally discrediting BB through malicious slander are in steps 3 and 6 of the Reid Interigation Technique.

Step 3 = Try to discourage the suspect from denying his guilt. Reid training video: "If you’ve let him talk and say the words ‘I didn’t do it’[...]the more difficult it is to get a confession."

Step 6 = The suspect will become quieter and listen. Move the theme discussion towards offering alternatives. If the suspect cries at this point, infer guilt.
    05-16-13 11:54 AM
    decent bounce, now lets keep it going to GREEN
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-16-13 11:55 AM
    I don't think this BBM news has anything to do with increasing or decreasing sales of BlackBerry devices. I can tell you that every single person I know who has moved from BlackBerry misses BBM because it is truly an amazing communication application. However, no matter how amazing BBM is or ever will be, it has lost its edge as the "thing to keep a BlackBerry for" because the benefits people see on other phones are far superior than BlackBerry as a whole. I think BlackBerry has realized that moving BBM to cross platform has no net effect on whether people adopt the platform or not because it has just lost is love generally speaking.

What BlackBerry is doing now is saying well hey we don't have this killer app that people "Need"...so let us try and make BBM the next "Need" app. As I compare to every social media or popular app (stable not like Candy Crush or Cut the Rope where they have 2 months of fame). BlackBerry can monetize on growing the userbase of BBM/BBM Channels and take advantage of that. If BlackBerry can get millions of users on BBM using BBM Channels, it could be big for them. It could be a great source of advertising revenues or just value in the book because of the userbase.

As i've mentioned before, these strong social media type applications of websites have become billions of dollars. I mentioned earlier the Social Media game is worth at least $100B dollars. I think its a great idea to try and cut into that pie. BlackBerry is hungry and needs every piece of pie they can get.

Thanks Gohan,

I like your points - I agree that Blackberry just needs to grow and jump in on this potential intangible gold mine. Your reasoning for the net sales effect puts me at relief - its logical and actually signals a great positive - Blackberry has recognized BBM cannot and should not be the most compelling reason for a user to migrate to BB devices.
    05-16-13 11:57 AM
113,256 ... 10161017101810191020 ...