View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Gah!!! I bought from the wrong account! Was trying to buy from my TFSA and I accidentally bought from my margin!!!!!
    05-16-13 09:24 AM
    I feel your pain...
    05-16-13 09:24 AM
    You guys are still sweating the daily swings. Listen to what MP8 says. We're definitely going up.

There's nothing wrong with a dip every now and then. Just another opportunity to make money
    05-16-13 09:26 AM
    Those corksuckrrs.

Posted via CB10
    Well said!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 09:26 AM
    Gah!!! I bought from the wrong account! Was trying to buy from my TFSA and I accidentally bought from my margin!!!!!
    It's going to cost you 2x commissions to fix. Been there and done that.
    05-16-13 09:28 AM
    You guys are still sweating the daily swings. Listen to what MP8 says. We're definitely going up.

There's nothing wrong with a dip every now and then. Just another opportunity to make money
    Not an opportunity if you're maxed out already!
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-16-13 09:29 AM
    Well said!
    Reminds me of that old Saturday Night Live skit "cork soakers". lol
    05-16-13 09:30 AM
    Sold half my June puts. Bought some September calls and some more common. If it drops some more will sell rest of puts and will buy some more calls.
    BThunderW,

Do you mind telling us what strike price calls you purchased?
    05-16-13 09:31 AM

There is when you're trying to figure out when to dump May 18 expiry calls ..... figured a spike on Tuesday and didn't happen. Waited for the "buy on the 3rd day" logic and seeing how that will work vs the close on Tues (15.25)
    05-16-13 09:32 AM
    It's going to cost you 2x commissions to fix. Been there and done that.
    You guys wouldn't have any commission problems if you were already ALL IN like you should be!
    05-16-13 09:32 AM
    Well, let others make some money too

I have a simple plan.

Stock pops, buy puts. When stock drops back down (usually overshoots), sell puts. Put profit into common. Buy calls and wait for pop. When it pops, sell profit for common. Rinse and repeat. With this stock this can be done pretty much every few weeks.

I actually like this method of trading better than just trading common. I no longer have to watch the stock every day. Just set alerts for the proper ranges and leave it.

Not an opportunity if you're maxed out already!
    05-16-13 09:33 AM
    swing trade, long and short
    05-16-13 09:35 AM
    This can't be true:

Hadfield comes home to $1.37 million Rogers phone bill - The Beaverton

KAZAKHSTAN ? After five months in space, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield was shocked to discover his cell phone provider has charged him well over a million dollars for data usage and roaming charges while he was in space.

?This is ridiculous,? said the 53 year-old who recently commanded the International Space Station and a proud owner of an iPhone 5. ?I only Instagrammed a few hundred pictures of the sun coming up over the Sahara Desert and a thunderstorm over the Pacific Ocean, posted my videos of me eating in space a few dozen times on Twitter and watched a few YouTube videos of goats that sound like humans and that?s it!?

When asked why he didn?t buy a better data plan, Hadfield responded ?I didn?t want to pay for an additional $20 a month rip-off when I?m orbiting the earth in 90 minutes.?

?My parents are going to kill me!? he added

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:35 AM
    Sept 16 calls. I like close-to-money options.

BThunderW,

Do you mind telling us what strike price calls you purchased?
    fedakd and q649 like this.
    05-16-13 09:36 AM
    Well, let others make some money too

I have a simple plan.

Stock pops, buy puts. When stock drops back down (usually overshoots), sell puts. Put profit into common. Buy calls and wait for pop. When it pops, sell profit for common. Rinse and repeat. With this stock this can be done pretty much every few weeks.

I actually like this method of trading better than just trading common. I no longer have to watch the stock every day. Just set alerts for the proper ranges and leave it.

been there, done that ... don't work in the short term for the very most part.
    05-16-13 09:36 AM
    I trade options that are at least 2 months out. This is strictly based on BBRY price action.

been there, done that ... don't work in the short term for the very most part.
    05-16-13 09:37 AM
    Blackberry doesn't want these to flood you. And that's a major point IMHO (against google, in particular). I believe this will be totally compartmented. You can see the notifications within the BBM updates.
    It should be in the unified inbox, just not the hub portion by default. And no notifications on each event, by default.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:39 AM
    This can't be true:

Hadfield comes home to $1.37 million Rogers phone bill - The Beaverton

KAZAKHSTAN ? After five months in space, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield was shocked to discover his cell phone provider has charged him well over a million dollars for data usage and roaming charges while he was in space.

?This is ridiculous,? said the 53 year-old who recently commanded the International Space Station and a proud owner of an iPhone 5. ?I only Instagrammed a few hundred pictures of the sun coming up over the Sahara Desert and a thunderstorm over the Pacific Ocean, posted my videos of me eating in space a few dozen times on Twitter and watched a few YouTube videos of goats that sound like humans and that?s it!?

When asked why he didn?t buy a better data plan, Hadfield responded ?I didn?t want to pay for an additional $20 a month rip-off when I?m orbiting the earth in 90 minutes.?

?My parents are going to kill me!? he added

Posted via CB10
    Chris Hadfield was just given the title "King of Space" by the internet so I wouldn't **** him off if I were a measly cell phone company. Chris Hadfield for King of Canada!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 09:41 AM
    It should be in the unified inbox, just not the hub portion by default. And no notifications on each event, by default.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure it will be. It's just the first beta release at the moment so there's still lots to do and add.
    05-16-13 09:41 AM
    Is there any way we can expect BBRY to go below $13 today?
    05-16-13 09:44 AM
    I doubt it. I think we're actually parked close to the bottom now. Even if we dip lower, it will not last.

Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 09:45 AM
    interesting article here

koolrosh, just for you

Buzz grows over BlackBerry

Bank of Montreal analyst Tim Long was underwhelmed by the conference and found "nothing surprising" in how it played out. There weren't enough crucial details about the cheaper BlackBerry Q5 phone for emerging markets, he said in a note.

"We were discouraged that pricing information for the Q5 was not provided, which we believe signals that Blackberry may be having difficulty reaching an appropriately low level to compete with the onslaught of Android devices," he wrote.

"If the Q5 is not US$150 or below, it may be dead on arrival."

For a company that many observers said was steps away from death's door at this time last year, those words might sound very familiar.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 09:47 AM
    Took profits out of my index funds and bought some BB.TO. Blackberry joins Dollarama as the only two stocks I actually own shares in. I have a ton of BBRY calls though. I don't like buying stock outright, but I'm so confident in this company that I felt if it was a no brainer.

Off topic, but what gold/silver stocks do you guys like right now? I only hold Barrick LEAPS at the moment. Might be a good time to get in on some other companies....
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-16-13 09:48 AM
    Anything is possible but that would seem unlikely. However, the RSI(10) is only down to 44 yet, so there could be another day of red yet.
    05-16-13 09:49 AM
    interesting article here

koolrosh, just for you

Buzz grows over BlackBerry

Bank of Montreal analyst Tim Long was underwhelmed by the conference and found "nothing surprising" in how it played out. There weren't enough crucial details about the cheaper BlackBerry Q5 phone for emerging markets, he said in a note.

"We were discouraged that pricing information for the Q5 was not provided, which we believe signals that Blackberry may be having difficulty reaching an appropriately low level to compete with the onslaught of Android devices," he wrote.

"If the Q5 is not US$150 or below, it may be dead on arrival."

For a company that many observers said was steps away from death's door at this time last year, those words might sound very familiar.
    $150???? He's kidding right?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 09:50 AM
113,256 ... 10131014101510161017 ...