View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow! I'm not sure how many here buy gold or gold stocks but I think that the way this is falling, there are going to be some amazingly low priced gold stocks soon. Some of the lowest cost operations will be the most important ones to focus on.

Sorry to be off topic but gold could briefly fall to $1000 at this pace...man, wouldn't it be great to see $8 silver too...
    A lot of people I know think Gold could fall to $800, although I don't have a position in it. However, I am short Silver since 15 April after it broke through a huge level at $26.16.

My limit buy order for BBRY was triggered on 7 May and I am now looking to add more today.

Reading this thread makes me so want a Z10/Q10 phone! I have a 9900 as I have apps on it which are critical to keep me moving out and about. I have been patiently waiting for the apps to appear on the BB10 platform. Don't think I can hold out for much longer!
    05-16-13 06:16 AM
    Same here. Signed up years ago but rarely use it.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto for me.
    05-16-13 06:16 AM
    Argggg
    Only for PCs...I will wait for official release.

Posted via CB10
    Try BootCamp on your Mac. Then you can dual boot into Windows for time like this. Works good for me.
    05-16-13 06:19 AM
    A lot of people I know think Gold could fall to $800, although I don't have a position in it. However, I am short Silver since 15 April after it broke through a huge level at $26.16.

My limit buy order for BBRY was triggered on 7 May and I am now looking to add more today.

Reading this thread makes me so want a Z10/Q10 phone! I have a 9900 as I have apps on it which are critical to keep me moving out and about. I have been patiently waiting for the apps to appear on the BB10 platform. Don't think I can hold out for much longer!
    Yeah, it's all about biding our time...interesting times for sure.
    05-16-13 06:21 AM
    Ditto for me.
    Same here.
    05-16-13 06:22 AM
    I have sold 5 BB 10, just for BBM alone (although I paid for most of them).
    I have family scattered around the world, BBM allows us to keep in touch for free and it works in my office where there is no cell signal.

Posted via CB10
    You are wise beyond your years Grasshopper.
    05-16-13 06:22 AM
    Try BootCamp on your Mac. Then you can dual boot into Windows for time like this. Works good for me.
    Thanks I will give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 06:28 AM
    Wow! I'm not sure how many here buy gold or gold stocks but I think that the way this is falling, there are going to be some amazingly low priced gold stocks soon. Some of the lowest cost operations will be the most important ones to focus on.

Sorry to be off topic but gold could briefly fall to $1000 at this pace...man, wouldn't it be great to see $8 silver too...
    I'm watching this with the idea that solid bars would be a very good insurance for the future (disaster scenario, not as a whole).
    May start to buy small pieces and collect them like an ant ...
    05-16-13 06:29 AM
    BlackBerry says it has seen strong initial demand and interest from South African consumers in the BlackBerry Z10, which it widely launched in the country on 1 March.

In January, Canada based Research In Motion, took the decision to operate under the name of its handsets, BlackBerry.

The group told BusinessTech that while it doesn’t break down sales figures per region, it has been a leading smartphone vendor in South Africa for 28 months, “and the BlackBerry Z10 is already one of the top 5 selling smartphones in South Africa”.

“We have seen strong initial demand and interest from South African consumers in the BlackBerry Z10. We believe that BlackBerry 10 delivers on consumers’ needs for a new unique mobile experience,” it said.

The group also punted its enterprise offering. “We currently have 50 enterprise customers fully up and running with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 in South Africa and based on current proof of concepts (POC’s) and trials in process we will have more than 150 customers on BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 by mid-year.”

These include Alexander Forbes, Bowman Gilfillan, Dimension Data, Edcon, Netcare, Tiger Brands, First National Bank, Investec, Absa, Bowman Gilfillan, AEL, PWC, Aveng Grinaker, Edcon, Omnia.

Shares in BlackBerry however, have declined since the group kicked off its three day BlackBerryLive annual conference in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday (14 May). And this despite announcing new products including a lower-cost Q5 smartphone.

On Tuesday, shares in BlackBerry declined 3.91% to $15.25 on the Nasdaq, and then a further 1.64% on Wednesday. However, the group is up 26.37% so far this year, following general interest in its BlackBerry10 range, but doubt still remains due to the company’s limited product offering.

Gartner recently reported that smartphones accounted for 49.3% of sales of mobile phones globally, up from 44% in the fourth quarter of 2012.
    05-16-13 06:30 AM
    OK, but BBM channels on my phone. Pretty much looks like what happens when you like (or follow or whatever the hell it is called) a company on facebook.

Nothing in the hub for it so I don't know how notifications would work.
    Blackberry doesn't want these to flood you. And that's a major point IMHO (against google, in particular). I believe this will be totally compartmented. You can see the notifications within the BBM updates.
    05-16-13 06:33 AM
    Attachment 162082
    After 28 days in a virtual prison, all I can say is. Ahhh!

Posted via CB10
    Neat. Sure don't look like Christmas trees to me. LoL
    Dapper37 likes this.
    05-16-13 06:50 AM
    I use the big iMac all in one units at both house and office, both with BootCamp and WIndows 7 Ultimate. They hardly ever boot to iOS and are WIndows all the way. The office unit is hooked up to my network and actually hosts the Qucikbook Pro file for the rest of my staff. I love the screen quality and simplicity of the design. It does WIndows VERY well, as fast as any Windows based machine.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-16-13 06:52 AM

Lost around 20 percent on one of them yesterday. Fortunately, I don't have much invested in it.
    05-16-13 06:55 AM
    Lost around 20 percent on one of them yesterday. Fortunately, I don't have much invested in it.
    Yeah, I'm waiting on the sidelines...thinking June / July.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-16-13 07:00 AM
    H'mmm

Stock Quote BBRY

15-May-13

11:02PM Did BlackBerry Just Surrender to Apple and Android? at Motley Fool

06:00PM BlackBerry Targets Low-End Markets Zacks
    05-16-13 07:01 AM
    First trade is green...I repeat the first trade is green in premarkets
    05-16-13 07:03 AM
    First trade is green...I repeat the first trade is green in premarkets
    + 2 cents Research In Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com
    05-16-13 07:04 AM
    Green is green and green is great
    05-16-13 07:06 AM
    I'm watching this with the idea that solid bars would be a very good insurance for the future (disaster scenario, not as a whole).
    May start to buy small pieces and collect them like an ant ...
    I am torn on this one.

When the $h!t really hits the fan I wonder if small pieces of "Lead" may be a better tool. LoL

When it comes to survival . . do you really think desperate people are going to want to barter? Or just take?

Maybe investing in a good shelter, a good garden, a good source of alternative energy and a good source of drinking water would be prudent?

I am not a "prepper" LoL
    OMGitworks, Dapper37 and lcjr like this.
    05-16-13 07:10 AM
    BlackBerry says it has seen strong initial demand and interest from South African consumers in the BlackBerry Z10, which it widely launched in the country on 1 March.

In January, Canada based Research In Motion, took the decision to operate under the name of its handsets, BlackBerry.

The group told BusinessTech that while it doesn�t break down sales figures per region, it has been a leading smartphone vendor in South Africa for 28 months, �and the BlackBerry Z10 is already one of the top 5 selling smartphones in South Africa�.

�We have seen strong initial demand and interest from South African consumers in the BlackBerry Z10. We believe that BlackBerry 10 delivers on consumers� needs for a new unique mobile experience,� it said.

The group also punted its enterprise offering. �We currently have 50 enterprise customers fully up and running with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 in South Africa and based on current proof of concepts (POC�s) and trials in process we will have more than 150 customers on BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 by mid-year.�

These include Alexander Forbes, Bowman Gilfillan, Dimension Data, Edcon, Netcare, Tiger Brands, First National Bank, Investec, Absa, Bowman Gilfillan, AEL, PWC, Aveng Grinaker, Edcon, Omnia.

Shares in BlackBerry however, have declined since the group kicked off its three day BlackBerryLive annual conference in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday (14 May). And this despite announcing new products including a lower-cost Q5 smartphone.

On Tuesday, shares in BlackBerry declined 3.91% to $15.25 on the Nasdaq, and then a further 1.64% on Wednesday. However, the group is up 26.37% so far this year, following general interest in its BlackBerry10 range, but doubt still remains due to the company�s limited product offering.

Gartner recently reported that smartphones accounted for 49.3% of sales of mobile phones globally, up from 44% in the fourth quarter of 2012.
    You should always post a source

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:10 AM
    Blackberry doesn't want these to flood you. And that's a major point IMHO (against google, in particular). I believe this will be totally compartmented. You can see the notifications within the BBM updates.
    I have never really understood the gold trade. Gold is only really worth something from an industrial point of view.

In a disaster situation it would be better to have an equivalent value of tinned food etc, rather than big hunks of gold.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 07:21 AM
    So what's next for BBRY, will it ease into the red like an old man into a nice warm bath (Seinfeld reference), or will it go for a little run? Any thoughts today M+8?
    05-16-13 07:22 AM
    Do you guys think BBRY pushed back the US release a little bit bc they have already surpassed their target numbers for the quarter?
    05-16-13 07:24 AM
    I use the big iMac all in one units at both house and office, both with BootCamp and WIndows 7 Ultimate. They hardly ever boot to iOS and are WIndows all the way. The office unit is hooked up to my network and actually hosts the Qucikbook Pro file for the rest of my staff. I love the screen quality and simplicity of the design. It does WIndows VERY well, as fast as any Windows based machine.
    My case is opposite, rarely boot into windows. Most of my work programs are Linux based, I use the X11 terminal in Mac OS10 to run them.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:25 AM
    Ah man this is easy, the chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-16-2013-chart.jpg

We are still in the pennant, we have support at the 50-dma today which is at $ 14.81/shr and leveling out here. And for our overhead, we have the 5-dma which is going to open at $ 15. 36/shr for a breakout. For the fun of it, I drew a two day downtrend line using the highs for both days to show you that the stock can open positive here and gap into a bullish trade. Today is the day to look at buying the dips!! So much for the bear raid.

Thank you for flying BlackBerry!!
    05-16-13 07:25 AM
113,256 ... 10101011101210131014 ...