View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Are you going to do the same with the ER June?
    Very likely but it will of course depend on what happens between now and then. We may have some really good news that sets us up before the ER. Not likely but who knows for sure.
    lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    05-15-13 02:50 PM
    It's interesting seeing Google today, BlackBerry yesterday, then this.... It's sooooooo ghetto. haha.
    05-15-13 02:51 PM
    well, Goldman finally has said something, all I could get for now

On the other hand, analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS) believe that the impact of the new product offerings of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer is mixed. According to them, “We view this announcement as mixed, as incremental profits from Q5 may be offset by the reduction in service fees, as BB10 consumer plans don’t include a service fee to Blackberry.”

They also assumed that Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) will first target mature markets with Blackberry 10 in order to stop its declining share while it continues to serve emerging markets. The analysts also maintained their neutral rating for the stock.
    Doesn't help or hurt us. That's alright.
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 02:52 PM
    But then your car would need some type of a data connection to receive the signal
    I thought bluetooth had a reliable range of around 30 feet.

Posted via CB10
    Read up on Viper Alarms. They explain it pretty good. yes, there is a data collection module that's wired into your automobile.
    Bigbacala likes this.
    05-15-13 02:53 PM
    It's interesting seeing Google today, BlackBerry yesterday, then this.... It's sooooooo ghetto. haha.
    Not a lot of sex appeal. i think my panis turtled...LOL
    05-15-13 02:53 PM
    Thanks. Thor and company look like rock stars and demi-gods compared to these guys! They both stuttered through the whole presentation. We roll out a fully integrated BB10 Bentley and cross platform BBM and BES 10.1..... and they have a chick dunking a basketball. Nokia is cooked if this is what they have up their sleeve.
    05-15-13 02:56 PM
    I could see him in a bar with a suede shirt, unbuttoned a tad to far, oiled chest, and trying to pic up women. lol. He actually reminds of this guy....

bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-15-13 02:58 PM
    Cormark analyst Richard Tse says a few months after the unveiling of its new operating system, BlackBerry (TSX:BB) is building undeniable momentum.
    Tse, who is currently in Orlando attending BlackBerry’s annual user conference, BlackBerry Live, says this year’s event is a full 180 degree turnaround from last year’s “tenuous” event.

He says BlackBerry is showcasing a wide range of new products and services, and the Cormark analyst is excited about the prospects of many of them, and more optimistic about BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 sales, which we still have no hard data on.

Tse got his hands on the new BlackBerry, the Q5, which is aimed at the mid to low end market. He says the device, which is designed to work in a broad range of markets where network infrastructures are not as advanced, should help BlackBerry fortify its strength in emerging markets.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

This article is brought to you by QHR Technologies (TSX:QHR). Click here to learn how QHR has achieved strong organic growth and a 60% recurring revenue base.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

While much of the focus on BlackBerry lately has been on the consumer side of things, Tse notes that as much as 25% of BlackBerry’s subscriber base is in the enterprise market. He says the conference has featured a slew of announcements around BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10.1, which will become available this week. BES, notes Tse, will allow IT managers to manage devices regardless of operating system platform. He says the enterprise upgrade cycle is about to kick into high gear, and BlackBerry’s timing with this offering could be very good.

But Tse says the biggest news out of BlackBerry Live, which will wrap up tomorrow, is the news that BlackBerry will be opening BlackBerry Messenger across iOS and Android operating systems, starting this summer. The Cormark analyst says this will present the company with opportunities to monetize its BBM user base, which is already 60-million strong.

Tse notes that cross-platform messaging service WhatsApp is reported to be valued at as much as a billion dollars, more than half as much as Cormark’s $1.7-billion valuation of BlackBerry’s entire intellectual property. He says this gives him more confidence that his assessment of BlackBerry’s net asset value is reasonable.

In a research update to clients this morning, Tse reiterated his TOP PICK rating and $20 target price on BlackBerry.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    05-15-13 03:09 PM
    Is there a beta version of BBM Channels available yet?
    Charles, you have to enroll into the blackberry beta program. Then you'll be able to download the install program. https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 03:10 PM
    I predict an up day tomorrow, hopefully if it doesn't happen you guys won't hold my feet to the fire.
    bungaboy, lcjr, fedakd and 2 others like this.
    05-15-13 03:12 PM
    This should drive the SP lol

Cellphone app helps save trapped ducklings in Windsor

A cellphone app is being credited for helping save the lives of a pair of ducklings in Windsor, Ont.

A mother duck and her two babies were walking along Longfellow Avenue when the two ducklings fell more than a metre straight down into a storm drain.

"She started to walk away and we heard noise coming out of the sewer," resident Michael Williams said of the mother duck.

Once inside, the scared ducklings swam into a pipe leading underground, away from the reservoir.

That's when Williams called the City of Windsor and pulled out his smartphone.

While waiting for maintenance crew, Williams downloaded a duck call app for his Blackberry Z10.

Together, Williams and city employee George Thomas began the rescue effort.

Williams used the digital duck call to lure the ducklings back into the main reservoir, where Thomas scooped them up with a net.

"I thought maybe there was an app for duck calls. Thankfully, they have an app for everything and it worked out," Williams said. "I held it up to the sewer and the two ducks just came out."

CBC Windsor's Katia Augustin caught the entire rescue on video with her iPhone.

Thomas said the city receives two or three calls a year reporting ducks trapped in storm drains.

"Usually the [Ministry of Natural Resources] comes by to help out. We got lucky this time," Thomas said. "He used his app. We pulled them out. That was it.

"It feels good. It feels blessed."
    The guy with the BlackBerry Z10 got things done . . . . . . the girl with the iPhone . . . . . . made a video. LoL
    05-15-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the response, I would not consider myself a big guy...I'm graduating college this sunday and I only have about 600 shares (I guess I could be considered a big guy amongst most college students). I am more than familier with USAA, my sister is a pilot in the Navy and I know all that they offer to you active duty folks, wish I could get my hands on their car insurance hahaha.

Never realized they offered a brokerage platform but that makes sense as I knew you were in the military - infrequent poster but daily reader of this thread for the past 12+ months. Anyway thanks again for the response, I am looking around for a different bank that may offer something similar where I can get my hands on a period of free trading or something similar. Thanks for your service and clarification.
    05-15-13 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martin1 View Post

I could see him in a bar with a suede shirt, unbuttoned a tad to far, oiled chest, and trying to pic up women. lol. He actually reminds of this guy....

I think Charles was talking about the chick... but whatever.
    05-15-13 03:21 PM
    Charles, you have to enroll into the blackberry beta program. Then you'll be able to download the install program. https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Superfly_FR.
    05-15-13 03:21 PM
    Didn't you declared that you like some meat on the bone? LOL
    05-15-13 03:22 PM
    Funny.... I think he's being put on more and more ignore lists. You can chalk one more to that growing number Was entertaining at first but now it's just ridiculous, childish behaviour.
    Report, report, report. Make the Mods aware.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-15-13 03:23 PM
    Every time I see the name Superflly, I think Superfly Jimmy Snooka...lol

Not insulting you Superfly_FR, it was a wrestler from the 80s in the WWF.
    05-15-13 03:24 PM
    Didn't you declared that you like some meat on the bone? LOL
    Exactly, meat...lol
    05-15-13 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martin1 View Post

I think Charles was talking about the chick... but whatever.
    Ya... I got that lol. I was just equating it to both of them and he made me think of this guy Gunther. I haven't been to this guys site in years and it still makes me howl.
    05-15-13 03:28 PM
    Every time I see the name Superbly, I think Superfly Jimmy Snooka...lol
    Ok... maybe he wasn't talking about the chick....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wwf-snuka-real.jpeg
    05-15-13 03:28 PM
    Ok... maybe he wasn't talking about the chick....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wwf-snuka-real.jpeg 
Views:	491 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	161990
    Hahaha...lol
    Bugmapper and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-15-13 03:30 PM
    Maybe DoD wants to reconsider allowing Sammy in?

Game-changer: Android malware moves beyond apps

According to F-Secure Labs' latest Mobile Threat Report, Q1 saw Android threat distribution reach outside of apps for the first time, via email spam, the first targeted Android attacks and the first Android advanced fee-fraud scam. Additionally, examples of increased commoditization of Android malware surfaced.

"I'll put it this way: Until now, I haven't worried about my mother with her Android because she's not into apps,” said Sean Sullivan, security advisor at F-Secure Labs, in announcing the report. “Now I have reason to worry because with cases like Stels, Android malware is also being distributed via spam, and my mother checks her email from her phone."

The Android trojan known as Stels has begun distributing via fake US Internal Revenue Service-themed emails, using an Android crimeware kit to steal sensitive information from the device, and monetizing itself by making calls to premium numbers. This type of mobile malware commoditization "could be a game changer," according to Sullivan.

Q1 also saw the first targeted attacks in the mobile space. Tibetan human rights activists were targeted with emails that contained an Android-malware-infected attachment, and a so-called "coupon app" for a popular coffee chain steals information from phones with South Korean country codes.

Mobile devices are being targeted in India, too, where the first Android advanced fee fraud surfaced. A fake "job offer" Android app in India informs that the user is being considered for a position at TATA Group, an Indian multinational company. To arrange the interview, the app asks for a refundable security deposit.

Apple-heads can rejoice though: while the number of new mobile threat families and variants continued to rise in the quarter (by 49% from the quarter before), none of them relate to the iPhone or iPad. The number of families rose from 100 to 149, and F-Secure said that Android accounted for 136, or 91.3% of these. The other 13 (8.7%) were for the Symbian mobile operating system.

Overall, the report shows increasing rates of malware development as well: the Q1 2013 numbers are more than double that of a year ago, when 61 new families and variants were discovered.
    05-15-13 03:33 PM
    Maybe DoD wants to reconsider allowing Sammy in?

Game-changer: Android malware moves beyond apps

According to F-Secure Labs' latest Mobile Threat Report, Q1 saw Android threat distribution reach outside of apps for the first time, via email spam, the first targeted Android attacks and the first Android advanced fee-fraud scam. Additionally, examples of increased commoditization of Android malware surfaced.

"I'll put it this way: Until now, I haven't worried about my mother with her Android because she's not into apps,” said Sean Sullivan, security advisor at F-Secure Labs, in announcing the report. “Now I have reason to worry because with cases like Stels, Android malware is also being distributed via spam, and my mother checks her email from her phone."

The Android trojan known as Stels has begun distributing via fake US Internal Revenue Service-themed emails, using an Android crimeware kit to steal sensitive information from the device, and monetizing itself by making calls to premium numbers. This type of mobile malware commoditization "could be a game changer," according to Sullivan.

Q1 also saw the first targeted attacks in the mobile space. Tibetan human rights activists were targeted with emails that contained an Android-malware-infected attachment, and a so-called "coupon app" for a popular coffee chain steals information from phones with South Korean country codes.

Mobile devices are being targeted in India, too, where the first Android advanced fee fraud surfaced. A fake "job offer" Android app in India informs that the user is being considered for a position at TATA Group, an Indian multinational company. To arrange the interview, the app asks for a refundable security deposit.

Apple-heads can rejoice though: while the number of new mobile threat families and variants continued to rise in the quarter (by 49% from the quarter before), none of them relate to the iPhone or iPad. The number of families rose from 100 to 149, and F-Secure said that Android accounted for 136, or 91.3% of these. The other 13 (8.7%) were for the Symbian mobile operating system.

Overall, the report shows increasing rates of malware development as well: the Q1 2013 numbers are more than double that of a year ago, when 61 new families and variants were discovered.
    Definitely need BES10.
    05-15-13 03:36 PM
    take99

Cormark analyst Richard Tse notes that cross-platform messaging service WhatsApp is reported to be valued at as much as a billion dollars, more than half as much as Cormark�s $1.7-billion valuation of BlackBerry�s entire intellectual property. He says this gives him more confidence that his assessment of BlackBerry�s net asset value is reasonable.
    This might help as well:

BBM with its current 60 million active users sits at the lower end of the count in terms of overall users. Now that it gets opened up to iOS and Android users we will see this user base grow very rapidly. It offers a premium range of services when compared to the competition and it is free to boot. It is not unrealistic to see BBM grow to 500 million users by the end of 2013.
    05-15-13 03:37 PM
    I watched the first minutes of the Nokia Vid and the first thing I thought was how crazy it is cheering like a child because of a new mobile phone.
    The hardware of this phone is, like almost every new phone on the market, great. So i would say an innovative and reliable BS with great features and the possibility to make it better day by day is what we need. So, I think with BB10 we are on good way...
    Failed an electrical engineering test today so having my next German Krombacher
    05-15-13 03:52 PM
113,256 ... 10051006100710081009 ...