View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks for posting that, that is great. Honestly though, how could the people at BBRY know about this and NOT show it off yesterday. It is awesome that it is there, but I think I am now more upset then yesterday knowing that they had a mock up they could have used and somehow felt like a cheesy video conversation and bad jokes were a better use of their limited spotlight time??
    You're right they missed the boat (again) on some awesome free PR. The only reason I can think of why they hadn't promoted individual features of the Bentley was not to make their other automobile manufacturer partner Mercedes Benz look bad.
    05-15-13 02:14 PM
    OK... if you look at the bottom of the pic it shows a number.... "% Out = 72.82"

72.82% of BBRY = 381,576,800
    Short interest = 164,689,363 (not including any new shorts in last 15 days!)
    For a total of 546,266,163 shares or 104% of the float!

Am I right in guessing that BlackBerry is overshorted by about 5% right now?

Edit... and is that 72.82% only institutional holdings, and retail investors hold even a bit more?
    Looking further, I think its worse than that really. I'd bet some of those hedge funds are lenders. I am going to bet Odyssey Reinsurance is a Prem related company, sounds too much like a Buffet company not to be? If so, I am going to bet Prem is not loaning out shares and neither is Mike. That's 91M shares or about 19.5%. Coatue is a "value" investor so let's guess he is lending out shares either. That's another 6m+ or 1.5%, let's call it 20% total.

That leaves very few easy targets for loaning out shares. Arrowstreet, Viking, Toronto Dominion, RBC, CIBC as likely loaners. You Canadians should have sit ins at some of those places!

Who knows for sure, but the #'s are getting tighter and tighter.... I can't believe there are that many retail shorts left, with volume going down and that many shares locked up by long term investors, I would never be able to sleep at night.
    05-15-13 02:17 PM
    My wife's Mercedes has an app for her phone that lets her unlock the doors and sound the horn in panic or to find it in a parking lot. So, we're almost there!
    I'm not understanding how the phone communicates with the car for something like finding the car or remote start. Using blue tooth the range would be terrible and would take tome to synch up so anyone know how this is done?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:20 PM
    When did I miss Zacks getting on board?

BlackBerry to Expand BBM Reach - May 15, 2013 - Zacks.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 02:21 PM
    Are the shorts running out of fuel for their onslaught?

Me:*Is there a limit to how many short shares are available? BBRY is already short interest of about one third.
    Questrade:*For example, BBRY, all the quantity is being used by other clients, therefore, you will not be able to short it.
    Questrade:*Yes, there is a limit to the quantity of shares we have available for clients to short.
    Me:*So how much is available to short for BBRY for me on Questrade?
    Questrade:*Unfortunately, 0, as the all the shares available are being lent to other clients shorting.
    Me:*Ouch ... that hurts. So there won�t be any available for me unless you obtain them from another broker for me?
    Questrade:*Unfortunately not as of right now, however, you can try back another day and we might have more shares available, you can also call the trade desk and request for more quantity.
    Questrade is a relatively small broker so it's not too surprising that they are running out of shares. Major players that buy BBRY would use a more mainstream broker.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:22 PM
    I'm not understanding how the phone communicates with the car for something like finding the car or remote start. Using blue tooth the range would be terrible and would take tome to synch up so anyone know how this is done?

Posted via CB10
    Long range bt works up to 200 meters
    05-15-13 02:24 PM
    Guys, can someone define "insider information" for me? As what can be shared and what can't be shared?
    Ok seriously got me wondering here.......
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-15-13 02:27 PM
    I'm thinking that 350K money for stock could do something about NOW. There has been what 2-3M volume since noon? And a good entry point IMO
    tygros likes this.
    05-15-13 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    If I put the Viper Alarm System in my cars I could do all of that. It's not via Bluetooth. It's more like if you send an email, how does it get all the way across the world? There's an antenna and a small computer connected to the car computer system.

ShareKey smartphone app replaces your house keys

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/lista...mentid=1166728
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 02:31 PM
    You're right they missed the boat (again) on some awesome free PR. The only reason I can think of why they hadn't promoted individual features of the Bentley was not to make their other automobile manufacturer partner Mercedes Benz look bad.
    Well guys, I think it is pretty clear. Let's not fall for the hype anymore. BBRY events pretty well sock the big one. Nokia had an old ugly chick that sank em by 5% but BBRY did worst somehow as NOK is up today almost 2%. LOL

Lesson for me is to sell 50% before BBRY has an event (regardless of any hype) and be prepared to buy the day after.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    05-15-13 02:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    QNX prolly doesn't care where you are... it will use BT, WiFi, Cell network, whatevs to send and receive info.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-15-13 02:33 PM
    Ok seriously got me wondering here.......
    It's nothing, no reason to get worked up. I was just having a debate with a friend about insider information vs rumors. As in where the line is.
    05-15-13 02:34 PM
    If I put the Viper Alarm System in my cars I could do all of that. It's not via Bluetooth. It's more like if you send an email, how does it get all the way across the world? There's an antenna and a small computer connected to the car computer system.

ShareKey smartphone app replaces your house keys

But then your car would need some type of a data connection to receive the signal
    I thought bluetooth had a reliable range of around 30 feet.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:35 PM
    Well guys, I think it is pretty clear. Let's not fall for the hype anymore. BBRY events pretty well sock the big one. Nokia had an old ugly chick that sank em by 5% but BBRY did worst somehow as NOK is up today almost 2%. LOL

Lesson for me is to sell 50% before BBRY has an event (regardless of any hype) and be prepared to buy the day after.
    Lawling right now. Gotta go look up the Nokia old ugly chick right now...

Edit... whew... I had a bout of uncontrollable laughter there. Thanks for that.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 02:36 PM

Are you going to do the same with the ER June?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-15-13 02:36 PM
    It's nothing, no reason to get worked up. I was just having a debate with a friend about insider information vs rumors. As in where the line is.
    It has to be material, non-public information. What that really means is a case by case determination and the SEC and white collar law firms duke it out all the time.
    new_me222 likes this.
    05-15-13 02:37 PM
    in my industry we use long range Bluetooth which has a range of 600 feet, does suck battery however

But then your car would need some type of a data connection to receive the signal
    I thought bluetooth had a reliable range of around 30 feet.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bigbacala like this.
    05-15-13 02:37 PM
    Guys, can someone define "insider information" for me? As what can be shared and what can't be shared?
    I think the official definition is having access to information which is not available in the public domain. That is to say if you were working on a project with BlackBerry and have signed an NDA and you make trades I think that would be considered insider trading. Another example, TH is your friend and at dinner one night says to you that the DoD deal is confirmed. If you buy stock based on this, you have information that others don't. It's an unfair advantage. You have to wait for the official press release before you make a trade, as that is when the market gains access to the info.

If someone tells you something about the company but the info is already out there or is accessible to those looking for it and you make trades based on that I think it is fine.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about, just going based on common sense and what I have heard people talking about.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, bungaboy and new_me222 like this.
    05-15-13 02:38 PM
    I thought M8 suggest buying 3 days after?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 02:41 PM
    I think the official definition is having access to information which is not available in the public domain. That is to say if you were working on a project with BlackBerry and have signed an NDA and you make trades I think that would be considered insider trading. Another example, TH is your friend and at dinner one night says to you that the DoD deal is confirmed. If you buy stock based on this, you have information that others don't. It's an unfair advantage. You have to wait for the official press release before you make a trade, as that is when the market gains access to the info.

If someone tells you something about the company but the info is already out there or is accessible to those looking for it and you make trades based on that I think it is fine.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about, just going based on common sense and what I have heard people talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Technically, i you're not the leak-ee, then you can spiel about anything you read online - no matter how obscure the location - past-text-bin sites included. If you've read it online or did the checks yourself you can post anything you want.
    Bugmapper and new_me222 like this.
    05-15-13 02:42 PM
    hey friends, seriously .... i was in the usa a few weeks ago ... saw the BB "moving forward" black rv .... i was impressed with the display. however, get this ... it was not manned by BB employees. it was manned by hired pr folk who knew jack about the bb products based upon questions asked by several, including a friend of mine who knows his phones. what the heck is that all about. i could have done a better job, so could have you. seriously. i was very disappointed.
    Hey friends????

Can you be a little more specific about who you are addressing?????
    05-15-13 02:43 PM
    Lawling right now. Gotta go look up the Nokia old ugly chick right now...

Edit... whew... I had a bout of uncontrollable laughter there. Thanks for that.
    05-15-13 02:44 PM
    I thought M8 suggest buying 3 days after?
    Yeah, that probably wouldn't hurt either. Certainly not 20 minutes into the keynote...LOL painful lesson for me.
    05-15-13 02:47 PM
    So technically there are thousands of insiders
    You could be working for a second or third tier supplier that supplies any component or packaging etc and know if volumes are swinging up or down.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:47 PM
    well, Goldman finally has said something, all I could get for now

On the other hand, analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS) believe that the impact of the new product offerings of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer is mixed. According to them, “We view this announcement as mixed, as incremental profits from Q5 may be offset by the reduction in service fees, as BB10 consumer plans don’t include a service fee to Blackberry.”

They also assumed that Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) will first target mature markets with Blackberry 10 in order to stop its declining share while it continues to serve emerging markets. The analysts also maintained their neutral rating for the stock.
    05-15-13 02:48 PM
113,256 ... 10041005100610071008 ...