View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'll hold you to that Charles! lol I missed out on a lot of money because of my lack of patience.
    Never be afraid to take a profit. You did and it was a handsome return for you.

My advice . . . . don't spend a lot of time on "shoulda, coulda, woulda".

Learn from the past . . . . . but don't be afraid to take a profit.
    05-15-13 01:20 PM
    Watching the Google keynote, they're basically taking over the world. Amazing.
    05-15-13 01:23 PM
    Oh goodie, CNBC is bringing on analyst that downgrade the stock today. Let's see if anyone will actually listen to his reasoning.
    05-15-13 01:30 PM
    Oh goodie, CNBC is bringing on analyst that downgrade the stock today. Let's see if anyone will actually listen to his reasoning.
    That's not good news.
    05-15-13 01:30 PM
    Didn't you mean "Time SUPERFLYS" LoL
    05-15-13 01:31 PM
    Mobile Innovation of the Year
    Winner: DIRECTV -- As a large satellite TV provider in Latin America and the Caribbean, DIRECTV makes customer service for their five million customers a priority. Their app for BlackBerry smartphones allows their 4,000 technicians to manage an entire service call and work order process from their phones, and supports Bluetooth� technology to validate and adjust satellite signal strength. The app is helping DIRECTV improve customer satisfaction, reduce paperwork and technical calls, as well as decrease return visits to customer homes.
    05-15-13 01:32 PM
    This is interesting and off topic:

"Notably, BlackBerry is popular for its BBM service, which provides free and secure instant messaging service. Currently, BBM has almost 60 million active members, among which 51 million uses BBM on an average of 90 minutes per day."

BlackBerry to Expand BBM Reach - Yahoo! Finance
    05-15-13 01:35 PM
    That's not good news.
    You realize I was being sarcastic when I said "oh goodie"

The shorts scheduled a puppet to come on TV today, plays right into their plan to try and lower sp.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 01:35 PM
    You realize I was being sarcastic when I said "oh goodie"

The shorts scheduled a puppet to come on TV today, plays right into their plan to try and lower sp.
    Haha, yeah I got the sarcasm. I was just throwing in my thought of it not being good...
    morganplus8 and doctor gonzo like this.
    05-15-13 01:37 PM
    Never mind, they only mentioned the Berstein downgrade seeing no catalysts for 6 mo target price $15.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 01:37 PM
    Never mind, they only mentioned the Berstein downgrade seeing no catalysts for 6 mo target price $15.
    Yeah if you read the part of bernsteins report I posted last page, it really wasnt all that bad, still sounded bullish long term
    05-15-13 01:41 PM
    All right muppets, another BIG name added to his $BBRY position... Coatue has now 6.5m shares... (+4m from 12/31) https://t.co/ruStgLeVkQ

Just came across this on Twitter. Pretty interesting. Looks like Lazaridis increased his position as well.

Posted via CB10
    OK... if you look at the bottom of the pic it shows a number.... "% Out = 72.82"

72.82% of BBRY = 381,576,800
    Short interest = 164,689,363 (not including any new shorts in last 15 days!)
    For a total of 546,266,163 shares or 104% of the float!

Am I right in guessing that BlackBerry is overshorted by about 5% right now?

Edit... and is that 72.82% only institutional holdings, and retail investors hold even a bit more?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-15-13 01:45 PM
    Hey check out all the pics in this story. Looks like the bentley has a lot of the features omgitworks was talking about yesterday

Behind the wheel of the BB10-powered Bentley (pictures) - CNET Mobile
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 01:46 PM
    Are the shorts running out of fuel for their onslaught?

Me:*Is there a limit to how many short shares are available? BBRY is already short interest of about one third.
    Questrade:*For example, BBRY, all the quantity is being used by other clients, therefore, you will not be able to short it.
    Questrade:*Yes, there is a limit to the quantity of shares we have available for clients to short.
    Me:*So how much is available to short for BBRY for me on Questrade?
    Questrade:*Unfortunately, 0, as the all the shares available are being lent to other clients shorting.
    Me:*Ouch ... that hurts. So there won’t be any available for me unless you obtain them from another broker for me?
    Questrade:*Unfortunately not as of right now, however, you can try back another day and we might have more shares available, you can also call the trade desk and request for more quantity.
    05-15-13 01:48 PM
    Hey check out all the pics in this story. Looks like the bentley has a lot of the features omgitworks was talking about yesterday

Wow... That's awesome. Now I beg the question..... WHY THE **** DIDN'T THEY SHOW THAT OFF?!?!?!?!
    take99, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 01:49 PM
    Guys, can someone define "insider information" for me? As what can be shared and what can't be shared?
    05-15-13 01:55 PM

Thanks for posting that, that is great. Honestly though, how could the people at BBRY know about this and NOT show it off yesterday. It is awesome that it is there, but I think I am now more upset then yesterday knowing that they had a mock up they could have used and somehow felt like a cheesy video conversation and bad jokes were a better use of their limited spotlight time??
    05-15-13 01:55 PM
    Wow... That's awesome. Now I beg the question..... WHY THE **** DIDN'T THEY SHOW THAT OFF?!?!?!?!
    Great, I mean twisted minds must think alike....
    05-15-13 01:56 PM
    Yeah exactly. It seems like you can control the windows, roof, monitor tire pressure, use climate control etc. what will be cool is if they bake it in with voice command
    05-15-13 01:57 PM
    Guys, can someone define "insider information" for me? As what can be shared and what can't be shared?
    If you are unsure...don't share!

Saves you a trip down to the nearest penitentiary.
    bungaboy and new_me222 like this.
    05-15-13 01:58 PM
    Hey if youve got something spill it. I wont tell I promise
    05-15-13 01:58 PM
    Hey if youve got something spill it. I wont tell I promise
    No problem just use the term "i believe" before anything you say.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:03 PM
    hey friends, seriously .... i was in the usa a few weeks ago ... saw the BB "moving forward" black rv .... i was impressed with the display. however, get this ... it was not manned by BB employees. it was manned by hired pr folk who knew jack about the bb products based upon questions asked by several, including a friend of mine who knows his phones. what the heck is that all about. i could have done a better job, so could have you. seriously. i was very disappointed.
    05-15-13 02:03 PM
    Yeah exactly. It seems like you can control the windows, roof, monitor tire pressure, use climate control etc. what will be cool is if they bake it in with voice command
    My wife's Mercedes has an app for her phone that lets her unlock the doors and sound the horn in panic or to find it in a parking lot. So, we're almost there!
    05-15-13 02:07 PM

That's it! I'm selling all of my BlackBerry shares and going to buy a Bentley next week. (Wait...how much is a Bentley?)
    05-15-13 02:10 PM
113,251 ... 10031004100510061007 ...