View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    All part of the game my friend, im sure you will get a better pay day in BBRY though. BAC is doing very well too, thats my second biggest holding

I sold $100k of PG on Monday and added it to BBRY yesterday when I thought we had fallen as far as we could. It really grates me when I miss it, even by 50 cents. Then to see my PG climbing...throws salt in the wounds. lol

That's the shell game we play...
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-15-13 09:33 AM
    Seems fitting. lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1000.jpg
    05-15-13 09:36 AM
    I feel for the guy that bought the 16.50 and 17 weekly calls. From all the positive stuff we heard this week this stock should be much higher. It's an absolute crime that we're not in the 20's.

I think eventually the options writers are going to get burned a cpl weeks in a row and they'll move their attention to a different stock. Once that happens, the stock will fly.
    Thanks for the sympathy... Yeah it's a tough pill to swallow - Staying long on what I do still own... wishing I'd sold off those options yest during speech
    05-15-13 09:39 AM
    So give away basic BBM (chat/groups) to iOS and Android -

Then charge them a small fee for vid chat and channels

Larger fee for BES iOS / Android

Sounds good.
    What is the advantage over Skype, Facebook, etc?
    05-15-13 09:39 AM
    Bulls, you will be pleased to know I covered my $15.41 overnight short on BB at $15.18. I am now considering to go long on BB, maybe. Most likely will wait until 10 AM to decide. Have a great day everyone. I am, made some sweet fast money on my margin short account this morning.
    Hmmmm.... once again you contradict yourself. You have stated over and over again that, in your way of thinking, holding a trade over night is a cardinal sin. The more you post, the more you lose credibility.
    05-15-13 09:40 AM

Sounds good.
    I don't think charging for premium services will be the way for them to monetize BBM. Selling channels and advertising on them for brands seems the logical way for me. Yesterday they kept mentioning the word "brand" when talking about channels. I think channels in collaboration with growing the BBM user base on iOS and Android (and BB10) will be beneficial down the road.
    Also...I added some more this morning, I believe some analysts and a big chunk of the general financial media are extremely short sighted, not able to see past the "what now...no exclusive BBM" thing. It's a big deal and just the beginning of their vision of mobile imo...exciting times.

Posted via CB10
    And we are drinking a different coolaid and liking it. In reality, perception is reality. And BB has a lot of work to do change perception.
    A couple hundred years ago, fat people were beautiful. Today, skinny people are beautiful. Which one is correct? - perception is reality...
    To change that, I think BB need to became a leader (not number 3, no one wants to follow a 3rd guy). They already have the technology to be number 1, but to be a leader I think they need a following-leader (the first set of followers). This could be big organizations such as DoD, or just common people like you and I showing people around us how good BB really is. Once the herd momentum kicks in, you just sit back and watch. At least that's what I am hoping for.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    Always on status - R/D icons, saves history locally and on servers if you choose, security, not owned by MSFT - should I keep going?
    05-15-13 09:42 AM

Sounds good.
    Don't forget transaction fees on BBM Money. Paypal is going to be mad as hell lol.
    We're on page 1000 !

Hey, congrats to everyone (Especially Superfly_FR).

And the stock is trending back up.
    Hoping this would be the next chapter of this thread, and of course of Blackberry where the shorts finally gets juiced out!
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.

Sounds good.
    Can't see them charging for the channels. It's discrete advertising and will make BBM pay for itself by charging the corporations interested in getting top placement instead of the consumer.

It's genius, really. As their BBM subscriber numbers grow this summer with the addition of iOS and Android, they'll be able to justify charging a higher and higher premium for top billing in the channels. And what does it cost them? Nothing at all. They'll get more money from BBM by giving it away than restricting it to BBRY devices.
    CM1, You will be OK! In my core account I have IBM, PG, ABT and few other blue chip stocks. They aren't exciting but throw a dividend of 2-3% and are generally stable. I know PG took a big hit after their ER, but I always find these stocks, while boring and some times out of style with the active or younger investor, always seem to do OK and give me a diversity that generally works for the money I want to retire on someday....
    05-15-13 09:45 AM
    Can't see them charging for the channels. It's discrete advertising and will make BBM pay for itself by charging the corporations interested in getting top placement instead of the consumer.

It's genius, really. As their BBM subscriber numbers grow this summer with the addition of iOS and Android, they'll be able to justify charging a higher and higher premium for top billing in the channels. And what does it cost them? Nothing at all. They'll get more money from BBM by giving it away than restricting it to BBRY devices.
    This was exactly my sentiments yesterday
    And I didn't miss-speak when i said BILLIONS could be added in terms of valuation if they play their cards right and keep it free and viral. With BBM in the hundreds of Millions of actives after cross-platform roll-out - who knows where this could go, but the path is pretty straight uphill in terms of valuation add-on.
    05-15-13 09:45 AM
    Am I the only one chuckled a little looking at the stock turn green?
    05-15-13 09:47 AM
    Better video/audio quality than Skype (IMO); same with Facebook. For enterprise - end to end security. People say Lync for enterprise, but our enterprise does not allow Lync due to some security concerns (that BBM may or may not solve).
    Tech Consultant and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 09:48 AM
    Seems fitting. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	161867
    Sure deserves a
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thanks.jpg
    Too !
    lcjr, leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 09:49 AM
    Hmmmm.... once again you contradict yourself. You have stated over and over again that, in your way of thinking, holding a trade over night is a cardinal sin. The more you post, the more you lose credibility.
    Who plays BB.to options? Really? That is a sure way to not make good money vs US options..... fellow crackberrians agree?
    05-15-13 09:51 AM
    It looks like TSLA may have topped out. Their run was approximately 250%. If BBRY is in for the same type of squeeze we would see roughly $50 at the peak, assuming we would not start a squeeze until around $20. Anybody see any reason why 250% of $20 is a poor guesstimate?
    Nope, I did too. I bought another 20 shares at $15.11 and now it's already at $15.39. I know, I'm a big spender. lol
    spike12 likes this.
    More of a sigh of relief for me. My day would have taken a bad turn had it fallen to the 14.50 range.
    Love this:

We checked Friday with our prime broker on availability and costs to borrow BBRY shares and the conclusion was not good news for the shorts. Availability of shares is almost zero, many wire houses are rationing shares for borrowing and the price has gone up from a negative 6% rebate to 8.5-9%. Things are getting tight and BBRY shares may soon erupt.
    I posted a few weeks ago that margin requirements for BBRY were pushed up at TD Ameritrade. I think the brokerage houses know this could get ugly.
    05-15-13 09:53 AM
    Love this:

We checked Friday with our prime broker on availability and costs to borrow BBRY shares and the conclusion was not good news for the shorts. Availability of shares is almost zero, many wire houses are rationing shares for borrowing and the price has gone up from a negative 6% rebate to 8.5-9%. Things are getting tight and BBRY shares may soon erupt.
    Keeping in mind that May 21st is the day of record for share ownership which allows you a voice and vote at the upcoming AGM. It is possible that many shares will be called back.
    05-15-13 09:54 AM
    It looks like TSLA may have topped out. Their run was approximately 250%. If BBRY is in for the same type of squeeze we would see roughly $50 at the peak, assuming we would not start a squeeze until around $20. Anybody see any reason why 250% of $20 is a poor guesstimate?
    No, I was thinking if it took off around the $20 mark we would see a peak of $60-$70. The problem will be like TESLA, it didn't hit the cap all at once. It hit the $69 mark, then stabilized, then shot up again and held a few days.
    05-15-13 09:55 AM
    Who plays BB.to options? Really? That is a sure way to not make good money vs US options..... fellow crackberrians agree?
    Depends what your options strategy is. If you're trading short term I wouldn't do bb.to bc the volume is garbage. Buying in the money/at the money LEAPS on bb.to are fine in my opinion though. Plus you save on the currency exchange.
    05-15-13 09:56 AM
    Just smiled, but I believe we share the same thoughts !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    05-15-13 09:56 AM
113,251 ... 9991000100110021003 ...