View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Added another 1500 at 15.10 on bb.to.

Also, a question for you seasoned investors. I just inherited a good chunk of money and wanted to invest alot of it into BBRY. I want to do it at a time that it can have the most impact on the SP (if at all). I have $350 000. What would the best way (timing wise) be to throw that money into the stock to move against the bulls / increase momentum.

Thank you
    Compaqee, fedakd and new_me222 like this.
    05-15-13 08:34 AM
    Some more good news.....

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Continues to Gain Momentum in North America

ORLANDO, FLORIDA--(Marketwired - May 15, 2013) - BlackBerry Live 2013 - BlackBerry� (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced a number of North American enterprises across a diverse range of sectors, including high tech, banking, retail and government that have adopted BlackBerry� 10 and BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 as part of their mobile strategy. The growing number of organizations testing, adopting or reaffirming commitment to BlackBerry as their Enterprise Mobility Management solution, include: Canadian Tire Corporation, ING DIRECT, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Ricoh Canada and Torys LLP.
    Enterprise Momentum
    Toufik Zigha, IT Manager of the New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT) confirmed that, "The City of New York DOITT intends to deploy 2,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones by this summer and views BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 as a key component to our enterprise mobility strategy."
    Similarly, BMO Financial Group, a leading Canadian financial organization that serves more than 12 million personal, commercial, corporate and institutional customers in North America and internationally, endorsed BlackBerry 10 as their platform of choice.
    "We are placing BlackBerry 10 orders with our North American carriers," said Claudette McGowan, Vice President, Digital Workspace Services, BMO Financial Group. "BlackBerry remains our enterprise standard and we've begun deploying within our environment."
    BlackBerry support also remains extremely strong among organizations that must balance both employee demands and complex business requirements. "As a CIO, I know that when I give my employees a BlackBerry smartphone, everything is going to work with limited effort required by our IT administrators," said Nigel Carpenter, Chief Information Officer, Canadian Diabetes Association. "For me, when it comes down to core business functionality, it's a no brainer that BlackBerry is the only way to go."
    BlackBerry 10 is a robust and reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It features a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable and designed to support, learn and adapt to the way you work. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 builds on more than a decade of BlackBerry enterprise mobility management expertise, which is the most widely deployed mobility solution in enterprises today. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity, and delivers a cost-efficient and reliable solution for business customers.

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Continues to Gain Momentum in North America
    05-15-13 08:34 AM
    Bulls, you will be pleased to know I covered my $15.41 overnight short on BB at $15.18. I am now considering to go long on BB, maybe. Most likely will wait until 10 AM to decide. Have a great day everyone. I am, made some sweet fast money on my margin short account this morning.
    Charles Martin1 and MasterMoe like this.
    05-15-13 08:35 AM
    is the webcast live right now? or a replay of yesterday?
    05-15-13 08:38 AM
    Added another 1500 at 15.10 on bb.to.

Also, a question for you seasoned investors. I just inherited a good chunk of money and wanted to invest alot of it into BBRY. I want to do it at a time that it can have the most impact on the SP (if at all). I have $350 000. What would the best way (timing wise) be to throw that money into the stock to move against the bulls / increase momentum.
    Thank you
    Ahhhh.... don't put all that in BB! (some...sure... but not ALL) And don't think you can change the SP with it either! $350,000 is certainly a nice chunk of change but it is only 23,000 shares. The market will gobble it up and never even burp.
    05-15-13 08:40 AM
    Ahhhh.... don't put all that in BB! (some...sure... but not ALL) And don't think you can change the SP with it either!
    Not even on a sideways dance with low volume on a Friday?
    05-15-13 08:43 AM
    05-15-13 08:44 AM
    Since you asked. I sure hope so, by the looks of it for your sake too. This pullback is not surprising at all. BB rallied as of late on greed, too much, too fast, all on no facts for investors, shameful. BB will see its share value rise another time, such is the way of the markets, trade the news.
    You sir, are an *****. I'm sure you shorted at 14.90 and it will be over 15 by close...but you will post saying you dumped at the LOD of course.

Since you didn't follow my advice yesterday and post your actual entry positions, you have been filtered from my reads. Have a nice life living in mom's basement.
    leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 08:44 AM
    Ah....that feels better. I recommend you all add BB_Trader to your ignore list so you don't have to read moronic ramblings...."if you don't have anything important to add...." well, then he can write to ghosts.
    05-15-13 08:47 AM
    You might get the satisfaction of seeing your trade make a small blip - but the feeling will be fleeting and a day later you will say " why didn't I wait for a good entry point instead of trying to affect the market" as you watch the SP drop 65 cents.

We all wish we could crush the bears, or "fix" the SP, but we can't. Invest long, and wise. Not short and with emotion.
    05-15-13 08:48 AM
    May 15, 2013 9:30 AM - General - Legal

SAVE
    Torys selects BlackBerry 10 for Mobile Computing
    TORONTO, May 15, 2013 /CNW/ - Torys LLP announced today that the firm will roll out BlackBerry� 10 smartphones with BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10. Torys is a long-standing BlackBerry customer and is excited to continue optimizing their client services with the new BlackBerry 10 platform. The firm's new investment in BlackBerry 10 will see BlackBerry� Z10 and BlackBerry� Q10 smartphones deployed across the firm this summer.

Les Viner, Managing Partner at Torys LLP said, "Torys is excited to adopt the new BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones. BlackBerry is a true leader in its field and a technology partner we have trusted for many years. They consistently deliver innovations that keep pace with our own drive to continuously improve our high level of client service."

On Torys' new investment in the platform, Andrew MacLeod, Managing Director, BlackBerry Canada, commented that "BlackBerry is committed to remaining the gold standard for mobile security, management and control. We understand the complex technological requirements Torys employees face. BlackBerry is thrilled with Torys' commitment to deploying BlackBerry Q10 and BlackBerry Z10 smartphones to their workforce. BlackBerry continues to work hard to provide the best development tools, support and app ecosystem to top-enterprise customers like Torys."

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 provides device management, security and app management, and includes support for BlackBerry� Balance� technology, a key feature for Torys. BlackBerry Balance offers effective, user-friendly management of professional and personal data. Personal content is separated from work apps and information, and with a simple swipe, users can toggle between their personal and work spaces. Customers can rely on safe control of their work space, which is fully encrypted, managed and secured, while getting the most out of their smartphones for personal use.

ABOUT TORYS
    Torys LLP is a highly respected international business law firm with a reputation for quality, creativity and teamwork. The firm's record of experience combined with the insight and imagination we bring to our work has made us our clients' choice for their large and complex transactions, projects and major disputes on both sides of the Canada-U.S. border and internationally.

BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.

SOURCE: Torys LLP

For further information:
    Graham Ross
    Director, Marketing & Business Development
    Torys LLP
    05-15-13 08:49 AM
    The rumoured larger BB10 device, Aristo or whatever it may be, seems to fall in line with Thor's comments about something exciting coming for the holidays. Clearly it didn't get announced yesterday, so can we guess may be in the fall?
    05-15-13 08:50 AM
    some good news here from the canadian side!!

BMO Financial Group, Torys, Canadian Diabetes Association and others back BlackBerry 10 | MobileSyrup.com

We previously heard that Canadian Tire deployed “thousands” of BB10 devices (Z10 and Q10), but today’s press release noted a few more Canadian companies have embraced BB10, namely BMO Financial Group, Torys LLP, and the Canadian Diabetes Association. In addition, the New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT) and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department have backed the platform.
    05-15-13 08:53 AM
    The rumoured larger BB10 device, Aristo or whatever it may be, seems to fall in line with Thor's comments about something exciting coming for the holidays. Clearly it didn't get announced yesterday, so can we guess may be in the fall?
    BlackBerry just keeps delivering, right on track. We are impatient but they following through with their plan. Sure, a few blips along the way but no deviations. (Yeah, I know, BB10 for playbook....)
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 08:54 AM
    Ahhhh.... don't put all that in BB! (some...sure... but not ALL) And don't think you can change the SP with it either! $350,000 is certainly a nice chunk of change but it is only 23,000 shares. The market will gobble it up and never even burp.
    Yep, it's but a wee piece of pepper in your bowl of spaghetti.
    stevenson232 likes this.
    05-15-13 08:54 AM
    You might get the satisfaction of seeing your trade make a small blip - but the feeling will be fleeting and a day later you will say " why didn't I wait for a good entry point instead of trying to affect the market" as you watch the SP drop 65 cents.

We all wish we could crush the bears, or "fix" the SP, but we can't. Invest long, and wise. Not short and with emotion.
    This exactly.
    $15 is my target buy for some scooping today on BB.tsx. A great low really, unless the market overall takes a correction in the immediate future.
    05-15-13 08:55 AM
    There are some other great opportunities out there right now, much like BBRY. I'm sure you have other stocks, so perhaps dividing the amount between them all would be a consideration.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-15-13 08:56 AM
    1000 pages!

Edit: Damn, so close.

EDIT: DAMN, SHOULD HAVE SOLD MY BLOCK LAST WEEK... O buddy... 4th time... Well, I will be kicking myself if it drops below 15.
    Charles Martin1 and lcjr like this.
    Just like expected, we're testing DMA50. I have my sell order for my puts and we're only few more cents away from filling. Then back to calls.
    I don't like the "something exciting is coming" anymore. It's never a surprise and the media hypes it so much that it's almost a let down when it comes out exactly like we've been watching leaked for 6 months.
    take99, Bugmapper and OMGitworks like this.
    05-15-13 08:57 AM
    Did someone hit send on all these BES upgrades news releases? lol
    05-15-13 08:57 AM
    BBM Cross Platform Means Gold For BlackBerry

At the keynote address for BlackBerry Live 2013 by Thorsten Heins yesterday a few new twists were unveiled for the future of BlackBerry (BBRY). The most important announcement is probably the most confusing for some investors and that is the news that BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) will be going "cross platform" this summer. BlackBerry has decided to open up BBM to iOS and Android users and make it a universal application. It was announced that BBM would be a free application to all platforms and with that came the inevitable question, "If it's free, how does BlackBerry make money"?
    [Read more at Seeking Alpha]
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 05-25-13 at 02:59 PM. Reason: notice from SA. please don't post full articles from them.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 08:58 AM
    Good morning everyone! The German coffee is kicking in again and I just know we'll have a good day. I plan on taking advantage of the SP situation sometime today, so that gives me some cheer. Thanks goes out to Bugmapper for the "how to" tip and to AngrEdmontonian for his work with BBM yeasterday.
    05-15-13 08:59 AM
    Or in the words of Kevin, "Mind Blowing"
    I don't like the "something exciting is coming" anymore. It's never a surprise and the media hypes it so much that it's almost a let down when it comes out exactly like we've been watching leaked for 6 months.
    05-15-13 09:00 AM
    My guess would be the Playbook replacement, but not quite a standard tablet. Something really special.
    05-15-13 09:02 AM
113,256 ... 99799899910001001 ...