View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sanford C. Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street�s premier sell-side research firm. Our research is sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the very top of acknowledged arbiters. In independent surveys of major institutional clients, Bernstein's research is ranked #1 for overall quality, industry knowledge, most trusted, best detailed financial analysis, major company studies, most useful valuation frameworks, best original research, and most willing to challenge management. In Institutional Investor�s 2010 annual client survey, the leading survey by which analysts in our industry are evaluated, 100% of our U.S. Analysts were recognized as among the best in their respective fields -- more than any other firm on Wall Street.

https://www.bernsteinresearch.com/BR...eb%2fHome.aspx
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 07:03 AM
    I know. Just trying to "lighten things up a bit" LoL
    Lol
    05-15-13 07:04 AM
    It got rid of the Rogers Wireless but text messaging is still inoperable.
    Battery pull and reseat the SIM?

Also, does anyone have an account with the analyst ratings network?

BlackBerry Analyst Ratings and Earnings History | $BBRY | NASDAQ:BBRY | Analyst Ratings Network

There might be some details there under the link, but need an account to view it. I have my doubts anything is there though.
    05-15-13 07:06 AM
    05-15-13 07:07 AM
    Bernstein downgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $15.00 (from $22.00). Analyst Pierre Ferragu doesn't think a long position provides an attractive risk / reward, but he doesn't see a profitable short play either, and is recommending investors stay on the sidelines for the next 6 months.

"In a best case, and if the market discounts a successful turnaround, Blackberry could be shipping 7 to 10m units a quarter could justify a $20-$25 stock price," said Ferragu. "In a worst case, if Blackberry struggles with its sub-scale position and remains a marginalized player like Nokia (NYSE: NOK) and HTC today, Blackberry could be worth less than $10."

Ferragu thinks the company's challenges are well understood by the market, with most seeing BB10 supporting short term economics. Long term prospects are less clear.

"We are more ambivalent in the long term, as ecosystem dynamics play against an expansion of its consumer footprint, and its corporate segment is small and is shrinking under competitive pressure, but we believe that in the context of a platform launch, investors will continue grant Blackberry an option value reflecting a balance between potential positive evolutions (Niche positioning, Strategic transaction, or come back on the consumer market) and continued difficulties," concluded the analyst.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $15.25 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-$17.22.
    05-15-13 07:10 AM
    Battery pull and reseat the SIM?

Also, does anyone have an account with the analyst ratings network?

BlackBerry Analyst Ratings and Earnings History | $BBRY | NASDAQ:BBRY | Analyst Ratings Network

There might be some details there under the link, but need an account to view it. I have my doubts anything is there though.
    Yip, three times. I'm going to reinstall the updates.
    05-15-13 07:11 AM
    How about some good news

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Confirms BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Deployment
    Marketwired - 10 mins ago

ORLANDO, FLORIDA--(Marketwired - May 15, 2013) - BlackBerry Live 2013 - BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) today announced that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) is currently deploying BlackBerry� 10 and BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the largest sheriff's department in the nation, has tested the advanced mobile computing and communication features of BlackBerry 10 and is now deploying BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. "Technology is moving fast, and the BlackBerry 10 platform is a viable secure platform that can help us keep up," said Commander Scott Edson of the Technical Services Division. "I have personally tested devices on many smartphone operating systems and I think the BlackBerry 10 platform is a homerun. It's very secure right out of the box, a great benefit to government and business, and is designed to make your various communication methods more efficient."

An existing BlackBerry customer, LASD employees throughout the organization typically use their BlackBerry smartphones for messaging, calendar, access to the Department's intranet, and access to documents stored in a shared or private server. A move to BlackBerry 10 leapfrogs the organization's mobile computing capabilities giving users unmatched security with no compromise to their intuitive and efficient user experience.

The combination of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and BlackBerry� Balance™ technology gives employees the functionality and rich user experience they want, without compromising security. "BlackBerry Balance offers our customers the most seamless and user friendly way to satisfy both user and corporate needs without compromising on either," said Richard Piasentin, Vice President and Managing Director for the U.S. at BlackBerry. "We're pleased to provide innovative solutions to our customers - like BlackBerry Balance - to enable organizations to protect critical content and applications, while letting their users get the most out of their smartphone".

BlackBerry 10 is a robust and reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 builds on more than a decade of the BlackBerry enterprise mobility management expertise. It offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity, and delivers a cost-efficient and reliable solution for business and government customers.
    05-15-13 07:11 AM
    Isn't this the perfect scenario for shorts to get out?
    05-15-13 07:12 AM
    This is not going to be a good day. It appears that the downgrade is real.
    05-15-13 07:15 AM
    I had an issue with data not being able to connect and the carrier was useless and didn't give me a solution. Wipe and reinstall. I find the backup and restore process is so much better with BB Link. It backs up all of your apps, media, etc.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 07:15 AM
    Isn't this the perfect scenario for shorts to get out?
    There will be more shorts, believe it or not.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-15-13 07:16 AM
    PM slowly coming back up a bit.
    05-15-13 07:16 AM
    Here is the BB service number to call if you have any problems with your BB devices, make sure you have the unit's serial number too, 1-877-644-8405, you will be assigned a case number, if need be BB will call you back, excellent service, albeit, can't always fix their problems.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-15-13 07:17 AM
    There will be more shorts, believe it or not.
    05-15-13 07:18 AM
    Hahahahahahahq, I just had to try with my 9930 and although it could recognize the barcode it stated my device is not supported. I guess I'm left out until I get my Q10.
    No you can join BlackBerry Beta Zone and get BBM Channels OTA for OS7. Go for it.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...downloads/1113
    05-15-13 07:19 AM
    I think the best option is to do a security wipe. This fixes issues encountered after a major update. But make sure you do a backup before the security wipe.
    05-15-13 07:22 AM
    Bugmapper, is there something I can do to invoke ignore for certain people?
    Click on the name above their avatar, select forum profile, then on the left side is "add to ignore list ".

Unless it is me...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy, take99, tygros and 5 others like this.
    05-15-13 07:23 AM
    I just find it hard to believe Bernstein actually downgraded the stock in the middle of their biggest event of the year.

Seems more like someone just published a one-liner and it's being picked up by other outlets. Kind of like when the AP tweeted that someone blew up the White House and Obama was injured.
    Many times firm just release the upgrade/down grade and new price target, but their actual opinion and analysis is for their clients only. Not sure in this case or how Bernstein operates. If it is true, they were obviously disappointed with what they heard/saw yesterday. Either way it $uck$. Time will tell, but I still think we go significantly higher, only the angle of our ascent got flatter....
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 07:30 AM
    In my view, the real news is the BES 10.1 release. Most of the analysts and seemingly, investors, do not understand that BB is able to make money off other devices in a BYOD environment at very, very high margins. They just released LA County Sherriff’s office endorsement and I think there will be many more incoming. There are 12,000 businesses on BES 10. Think about it. $59 per device. Huge cash cow. The big news out of this conference so far is this in my opinion. I think and hope BB10 and the BBM thing work out in the medium to long term but it is the BES 10.1 that is going to make numbers show up in the short term. The whole company could conceivably live on BES 10.1 alone if it is taken up like BES 5 was (and I see no reason why it wouldn’t be)

GL all
    Click on the name above their avatar, select forum profile, then on the left side is "add to ignore list ".

Unless it is me...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Merci. I'm pretty sure that you know who it is.
    q649, Bugmapper, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    This is good news. Just the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department alone will be buying thousands of BB10 devices and BES activations. I assume at least 10000 BB10 devices given that they have more than 18000 employees.

From Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :
    "The LASD is the largest sheriff's department, and the fourth largest local policing agency in the United States. There are more than 18,000 employees; over 9,100 (according to California Post ) of whom are sworn deputies and over 8,000 civilians (professional staff). There are an additional 4,200 civilian volunteers, 900 reserve deputies and 400 explorers. Leroy D. Baca has been the elected Sheriff since 1998."

How about some good news

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Confirms BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Deployment
    Marketwired - 10 mins ago

ORLANDO, FLORIDA--(Marketwired - May 15, 2013) - BlackBerry Live 2013 - BlackBerry� (BBRY)(BB.TO) today announced that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) is currently deploying BlackBerry� 10 and BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the largest sheriff's department in the nation, has tested the advanced mobile computing and communication features of BlackBerry 10 and is now deploying BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. "Technology is moving fast, and the BlackBerry 10 platform is a viable secure platform that can help us keep up," said Commander Scott Edson of the Technical Services Division. "I have personally tested devices on many smartphone operating systems and I think the BlackBerry 10 platform is a homerun. It's very secure right out of the box, a great benefit to government and business, and is designed to make your various communication methods more efficient."

An existing BlackBerry customer, LASD employees throughout the organization typically use their BlackBerry smartphones for messaging, calendar, access to the Department's intranet, and access to documents stored in a shared or private server. A move to BlackBerry 10 leapfrogs the organization's mobile computing capabilities giving users unmatched security with no compromise to their intuitive and efficient user experience.

The combination of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and BlackBerry� Balance™ technology gives employees the functionality and rich user experience they want, without compromising security. "BlackBerry Balance offers our customers the most seamless and user friendly way to satisfy both user and corporate needs without compromising on either," said Richard Piasentin, Vice President and Managing Director for the U.S. at BlackBerry. "We're pleased to provide innovative solutions to our customers - like BlackBerry Balance - to enable organizations to protect critical content and applications, while letting their users get the most out of their smartphone".

BlackBerry 10 is a robust and reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 builds on more than a decade of the BlackBerry enterprise mobility management expertise. It offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity, and delivers a cost-efficient and reliable solution for business and government customers.
    05-15-13 07:31 AM
    My thoughts too. Double down you short motherfockers...we're going for the biggest squeeze ever seen.
    05-15-13 07:33 AM
    Q5, huh, I don't get it. Why? Going to market with a low cost phone?

FYI, sidebar, just now on CNBC re: Apple, highly frowned upon by a guest on the show to do such. Ha, won't be long now until WallyMart comes out with their own phone.

Hot Stocks: Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) | Market News Call < great website for BBRY news, just type in BBRY in the search tab.

The Q5 won�t be launched in the U.S and is mainly intended for low-income countries like Indonesia and Nigeria, where there is potential demand for a cheaper BlackBerry 10 phone.

Balderdash; the USA will want the cheap phone too in light of the lousy economy.
    05-15-13 07:33 AM
    This is good news. Just the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department alone will be buying thousands of BB10 devices and BES activations.

From Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :
    "The LASD is the largest sheriff's department, and the fourth largest local policing agency in the United States. There are more than 18,000 employees; over 9,100 (according to California Post ) of whom are sworn deputies and over 8,000 civilians (professional staff). There are an additional 4,200 civilian volunteers, 900 reserve deputies and 400 explorers. Leroy D. Baca has been the elected Sheriff since 1998."
    Nice and there will be many more like it.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 07:34 AM
    My thoughts too. Double down you short motherfockers...we're going for the biggest squeeze ever seen.
    , not,
    05-15-13 07:34 AM
113,256 ... 994995996997998 ...