View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's official, my hub is facked up. Don't upgrade if you haven't already. There's something wrong with it.

Rebooted 4 times. Hub is facked up.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-15-13 at 06:30 AM.
    05-15-13 06:19 AM
    Bernstein is a very respected name on the street. I wish we knew why they downgraded it, but I doubt they are part of any manipulation scheme. Just aggregating it in the echo chamber doesn't help.
    I just find it hard to believe Bernstein actually downgraded the stock in the middle of their biggest event of the year.

Seems more like someone just published a one-liner and it's being picked up by other outlets. Kind of like when the AP tweeted that someone blew up the White House and Obama was injured.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:21 AM
    Good morning. Anyone else short this morning in this forum or just me?
    There were overnight downgrades to BBRY released last night, not surprising.
    Once again, I was not impressed with yesterday's BB presentation and emphasis on developing countries with a lower price phone and the lack of transparency pertaining to what investors want to hear, hence the downgrades.
    BBRY currently pre-market down close to 4% at $ 14.67, this is going to be a great day for the bears Research In Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com
    Listen BB_Dude...

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than be a contrarian?
    05-15-13 06:25 AM
    Premarket is not looking good

-0.63 (-3.97%)
    Pre-market: 14.79 -0.46 (-3.02%)
    May 15, 7:12AM EDT
    DrWormBoy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:28 AM
    I just find it hard to believe Bernstein actually downgraded the stock in the middle of their biggest event of the year.

Seems more like someone just published a one-liner and it's being picked up by other outlets. Kind of like when the AP tweeted that someone blew up the White House and Obama was injured.
    Yeah, I do too.
    05-15-13 06:29 AM
    It's official, my hub is facked up. Don't upgrade if you haven't already. There's something wrong with it.
    Wow, sorry, Charles, that sucks. I can post the 1-800 service # for you if you wish. I spoke with BB a few times this week regarding Playbook issues, great service, however, unable to patch a fix for me on their problem. This sucks too, albeit being short today does not by the looks of it.
    Last edited by BB_Trader; 05-15-13 at 06:41 AM.
    05-15-13 06:30 AM
    No visible data on Bernstein report? I'm sure they downgraded but for zero good reason. Nothing has changed. Typical bear raid and Bernstein is just as likely to be a part of it as the rest. IMO.
    Hope it doesn't affect the day traders to much.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:32 AM
    Wells Fargo issued commentary following BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) Live 2013 event held on Tuesday. Key items observed include:

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) going cross-platform over the summer (likely to create a new longer-term concern). The firm commented, "We believe share weakness was a result of this announcement as many view BBM as the primary reason to purchase a BlackBerry." This is also a hint that BlackBerry might shift to a software-centric model in the future;

US Q10 launch timing in June vs. May (in our opinion, may push out some upside out of May due to June being a later-than-expected launch date);

BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10.1 (potentially helping enterprise adoption in the back half of the calendar year). Two key elements from BES include a single server to control all BlackBeries and IT controls giving a similar level of security to earlier version of BES;

the Q5 in July targeting the more mass market segment (which we expect will help emerging countries where BlackBerry has a strong installed base already); and

the BlackBerry app for Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) Android and Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) iOS at the end of June (which could help stem some subscriber churn).

Following the event, Wells maintains an Outperform rating and valuation range of $19 to $20.

Shares of BlackBerry are indicated lower early.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $15.25 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-$17.22.

StreetInsider.com - Wells Likes BlackBerry's (BBRY) Cross-Platform Plans; Q10 U.S. Launch Later than Expected
    05-15-13 06:36 AM
    Well if we do go down to the 14's today I know I am picking up some more shares. Remember fundamentals people. There is almost no way they don't beat the street (and their own low ball) consensus of revenue and EPS on June 28.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:37 AM
    If we are (even under $13.5, my current avg), I'll raise to 500 shares. Missed the opportunity once, won't happen again !
    Since you asked. I sure hope so, by the looks of it for your sake too. This pullback is not surprising at all. BB rallied as of late on greed, too much, too fast, all on no facts for investors, shameful. BB will see its share value rise another time, such is the way of the markets, trade the news.
    No visible data on Bernstein report? I'm sure they downgraded but for zero good reason. Nothing has changed. Typical bear raid and Bernstein is just as likely to be a part of it as the rest. IMO.
    Hope it doesn't affect the day traders to much.

Posted via CB10
    No info at all. Bernstein has been a good supporter of Blackberry. I can't see them turning around and dropping their price target without giving investors any reason why.

It's definitely a market manipulation.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Only lead I can find says "Sanford C' Bernstein" instead of someone at Bernstein. Not sure why.
    Zolmax is the source. References AnalystRatingsNetwork . com
    Smelling something fishy here...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:40 AM
    Good news doesn't move this stock. Bad news no matter if true or false drives the stock price into a tail spin.
    It is hard to see the price moving down instead of up but remember that if you were brave enough to buy in under $10 then ask yourself what has changed over the last few months to warrant a concern. The way I see it Blackberry has all the parts and they are trying to put them together. It will take time. If management were as bad as the rest of the world thinks then instead of the share price being in the $14-15 range we would be in the $2-3 or lower.

Be still. If what you are seeing is making you nervous and you are worried about losing all your $ then this is not the right investment for you. Shooting to the stars like a rocket ship is not healthy for a stock. A slow healthy move up with pull backs works. Blackberry has new devices with more coming, new services, new management, more cash, still no debt, new OS with no major bugs causing bad headlines and major returns.

It sucks to see Netflix and others soaring making investors rich while we are still here. We have been waiting long for our moment to boast to friends and family and all who we meet that we have bored to death trying to defend our company.

Sit tight... No doubt one day we shall be so excited that 50 pages will be added to this forum in one day! One day we will get our squeeze. A coil can only be wound so tight before it breaks. Every time a piece of the puzzle fits into place and the market ignores it all it means is that when the picture becomes clear it will be a mad dash to sit at the camp fire. We have been sitting at the camp site for so long that it's easy to feel like the fire will never be blazing so hot that we have to step back. All we see is smoke, it's been smoking so long some of us are getting cold and thoughts of throwing in the towel become strong..... every time we think " This is it!" the rain falls and we are still smoking.

Don't give up my friends. We aren't wrong. They just don't like smoke. Buy more if you can, stay long if you can't, dump and buy back if you have the balls for it. We will get our day! Chins up!

We support Blackberry and we stay LONG!

GL all!
    I don't understand the negative sentiment this morning towards the Q5 release for emerging markets. First they got flack for not having a low cost device, now they're getting beaten down because they released one? Somehow the release of a device for emerging markets serves as evidence that they're not focusing on the North American market?

Posted via CB10
    Since you asked. I sure hope so, by the looks of it for your sake too. This pullback is not surprising at all. BB rallied as of late on greed, too much, too fast, all on no facts for investors, shameful. BB will see its share value rise another time, such is the way of the markets, trade the news.
    BBRY hasn't rallied on anything. It's corrected. It's trading well below its YtD high and even below its post ER number. A number btw that was well received.
    There is zero reason to downgrade. No numbers is FEAR, not facts. Real analysts don't downgrade on fears.

Posted via CB10
    Scott Lefebvre and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 06:42 AM
    No info at all. Bernstein has been a good supporter of Blackberry. I can't see them turning around and dropping their price target without giving investors any reason why.

It's definitely a market manipulation.
    If this is in fact fraud, can't they track the source? It was just a posting somewhere.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:45 AM
    If this is in fact fraud, can't they track the source? It was just a posting somewhere.
    With Wells and Misek reiterating, this is a buying Opp with this dip. IMHO, I think we should scoop up everything we can.

Posted via CB10
    Dapper37, MrBurns2U and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-13 06:48 AM
    Bugmapper, is there something I can do to invoke ignore for certain people?
    05-15-13 06:48 AM
    Good to see the Wells Fargo note post the two negative notes at the top, then the positive ones while maintaining their outperform rating.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:49 AM
    Bugmapper, is there something I can do to invoke ignore for certain people?
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:51 AM
    Good to see the Wells Fargo note post the two negative notes at the top, then the positive ones while maintaining their outperform rating.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I was very pleased to see that. I believe that there is something illegal going on right now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:52 AM
    Yes, I was very pleased to see that. I believe that there is something illegal going on right now.
    It'll be interesting to see how this plays out today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-13 06:56 AM
    Folks, if you don�t have the OS upgrade downloaded yet, hold off. My text messaging is not working now either. I've not had any problems with this phone until I upgraded this morning. Rebooting again now...
    I wonder if your device got itself in a strange state. Did manual reboot help?
    05-15-13 06:57 AM
    I wonder if your device got itself in a strange state. Did manual reboot help?
    It got rid of the Rogers Wireless but text messaging is still inoperable.
    05-15-13 07:02 AM
    I meant USD, but you get full credit anyway!!
    I know. Just trying to "lighten things up a bit" LoL
    05-15-13 07:03 AM
113,256 ... 993994995996997 ...