View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I thought I left explicit instructions to get this thing to $15.50 by the end of the day???!!! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    We did.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbto.jpg
    05-14-13 05:59 PM
    hopefully better than "Product Manager" Michael Clewley interview. He didn't know that the Q5 didn't have a removable battery, also did not know what size the battery was inside.

Gary Klassen on CB live right now - creator of BBM
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-14-13 06:02 PM
    It wasn't that bad of a drop compared to before. I just hope that it doesn't kill our upward momentum. Would be nice to see a green day tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-14-13 06:06 PM
    Honestly I was really impressed with today's event. There was a lot of stuff said today and it's going to take some time to digest. If the stock had gone up today I think a lot of you would be praising the event. But, bc it went down the event left a sour taste in our mouths.

BBM channels looks really cool. We should get a BBRY Stock Channel going.

I agree. No limit to the number of members in that style. Who here has got the beta version? I loaded it today

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:18 PM
    I agree. No limit to the number of members in that style. Who here has got the beta version? I loaded it today

Posted via CB10
    Not yet...I think I'll wait for the OTA...love the idea though and would definitely participate.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:22 PM
    Here's my take.

Today shows that bulls are starting to finally grow some balls. I was watching the stock all day and the massive dump was getting bought up pretty quick. The following dumps were all bought up and stock fought VERY hard keeping it above $15. I've seen a few dips into 14.95 but that got bought up "with tha quickness". This is a huge difference from previous hype-and-dump moves.

Now another thing. For every rally in the last few months we seem to get lower highs and higher lows. This is starting to look like this stock might finally stabilize soon and the day traders might be going to look elsewhere as the swings are just not so great any more.

The thing is, there's really no more good news that we're expecting for a while other than possible solid DoD announcement. So bears are going to try very hard to bring this down and they'll have until US launch of Q10 to beat this stock down. This gives them about a month to pummel us with BS stories about BBRY demise.

I think we're finally approaching the time when this stock might really soar on some solid good news. Unfortunately until we get some real numbers, this pattern will repeat.

I'm still expecting a few more red days until at least Friday. Then...we'll see...

Also. Has anyone noticed that during today's keynote Microsoft Phone never got mentioned? They talked about iOS/Android a lot.
    05-14-13 06:26 PM
    Not yet...I think I'll wait for the OTA...love the idea though and would definitely participate.

Posted via CB10
    It's actually fine. Nothing ton standard BBM has been affected. There really aren't many channels yet though. The only non BlackBerry one is the Petronas one.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-14-13 06:30 PM
    Wow, this is hard to read today! I'll plow through it I guess. I'm still 7 hours back. What an emotional bunch. I'm a huge fan of today's announcements. It's clear some people here and the market need time to digest.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:30 PM
    Lol bbry is getting close. Usually they disappoint users. Today they made many users very happy, apple and Samsung users. Now all they have to do is make existing bbry customers happy and they might be onto something. PlayBook cough cough cough.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and lcjr like this.
    05-14-13 06:41 PM
    This biggest win is the Q5 launching 'this summer' = July. That is earlier than he hinted at in the ER (which was Sept).

More sales, more rev, start the upgrade cycle in emerging markets earlier.

THAT should have POPPED the stock. WTF.
    Yes it should have! Why to many option players. You can look at it like intrinsic value. The value is still there.
    Im sorry, but I have zero sympathy for short term traders. Its not TH responsibility to protect them.
    05-14-13 06:44 PM
    Shorts don't expect sympathy. They have just done all their research and believe the stock will go down. Just like longs feel otherwise. The long side and short side both have unethical people trying to make their profits increase. But just being short or long doesn't make you better than the other. Nor is simply being a short mean you are evil.

Posted via CB10
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    05-14-13 06:47 PM
    [QUOTE=guerllamo7;6819012]I think RIM's future is bright.

I have a few shares of RIM and feel pretty confident they will go over fifty in the next twelve months as a result of valuation and succesful OS7 launches around the world not being recognized by an amazingly negative media. Further, if RIM does surprise everyone and produce a BB-X phone that is as good as it could be, then the stock could go to a hundred again.
    _____

Those are very, very optimistic projections. Some tech stock analysts say to sell at $22. And I don't think it will even reach that plateau in a year's time.
    05-14-13 06:59 PM
    [QUOTE=312Lorden;8480503]
    I think RIM's future is bright.

I have a few shares of RIM and feel pretty confident they will go over fifty in the next twelve months as a result of valuation and succesful OS7 launches around the world not being recognized by an amazingly negative media. Further, if RIM does surprise everyone and produce a BB-X phone that is as good as it could be, then the stock could go to a hundred again.
    _____

Those are very, very optimistic projections. Some tech stock analysts say to sell at $22. And I don't think it will even reach that plateau in a year's time.
    He may have optimistic expectations which I think might be too high within the year, but I do firmly believe it will be well above $22 within the same time frame.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-14-13 07:14 PM
    So with BBM channels will be like domain names. .. first come first serve? I could see people hoarding channels

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-14-13 07:16 PM
    Q10 delayed into "early" june. Now me may only see 2 weeks or so in the current quarter. That sucks as I was hoping for a numbers blowout
    This is most likely due to extra strong demand elsewhere. Not all bad IMO. They have to be careful on the manufacturing side. We dont need any hardware issues.
    05-14-13 07:21 PM
    I sold bbry in the 7 dollar range.I think I win the fail award. I also was going to buy 150k of Netflix back when it was well under 70 but my friend talked me out of it.

Posted via CB10
    Feel free to give your friend a kick in the nuts. You can blame me.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-14-13 07:23 PM
    Q10 delayed into "early" june. Now me may only see 2 weeks or so in the current quarter. That sucks as I was hoping for a numbers blowout
    The current Q ends June 1st, so it's all in next Q at this point. ER is late June, but it's over after May.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:28 PM
    The current Q ends June 1st, so it's all in next Q at this point. ER is late June, but it's over after May.

Posted via CB10
    That would make sense to maximize Q2 numbers with the full US launch within the Q. Now one could even say that the numbers for the current Q are pretty darn good and they want to sandbag what they can for the next.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:37 PM
    They heard CJ yesterday. LoL :-)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle11913951/
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-14-13 07:59 PM
    Nice numbers in this article

BlackBerry's developer guru on its Android apps: Users hate them
    May 14, 2013 | Roger Cheng
    Roughly 20 percent of BlackBerry's app catalog is made up of programs ported from Android -- and those apps tend to catch flack.

BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins speaking at the company's BlackBerry Live event.
    Brian Bennet/CNET
    ORLANDO, Fla. -- BlackBerry's advice for getting love from "CrackBerry" nation: build a native app.

In an effort to augment its library, BlackBerry allowed developers to port over existing Android apps to run on BlackBerry 10 devices. While most of them work, they can't access major features on the device. BlackBerry users notice the difference.

"From a commercial perspective, users hate them," said Alec Saunders, head of developer relations at BlackBerry. "Our partners who have ported apps get dinged for them."

There's some momentum behind app development for BlackBerry 10, Saunders told CNET in an interview. Of the 120,000 BlackBerry 10 apps available -- a milestone announced earlier on Tuesday by CEO Thorsten Heins -- 50,000 were created over the last four months.

Developer support is crucial for getting a burgeoning platform off the ground. Both Apple's iOS and Android boast a wide library of apps, enhancing the perceived value of the products that run on those platforms. BlackBerry is late to the game, but rapidly gaining ground.

Porting over Android apps allows companies to quickly get on BlackBerry and test the waters. Saunders said it takes about 5 minutes to port one over -- as long as it can be ported. But it's not the ideal situation, he conceded.

Despite the push for native apps, the breakdown remains roughly the same. About 20 percent of its total catalog is made up of ported apps, with 80 percent native to BlackBerry 10.

Still, interest is on the rise. According to a study by Pivot, 47 percent of developers said last year that they were likely to develop on BlackBerry 10. The number is up to 88 percent now.

A Strategy Analytics found it the top-rated developer program in the industry.

"Developers are satisfied with what we're doing," Saunders said.

While the company has been focusing on filling its library up, it will begin to shift the focus to foster apps that are more innovative and can do more with the device, Saunders said. The company isn't likely to score any exclusive apps, but he said more developers are opting to build for its platform first.

Partly because BlackBerry 10 runs on code that virtually every programmer is familiar with.

"From what developers say, it is significantly easier," he said.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 08:00 PM
    Yep, September will be the big ER. We'll get some good numbers June, but September and December will be huge compared to the last few. I'm going to keep adding as I can and hope for a huge profits end of next year. So ill concentrate more on the devices coming out and the programs/apps associated with them. Better than worrying about the SP.
    05-14-13 08:05 PM
    Dont know if anyone caught this

IBM is testing a pilot program using BlackBerry Balance on 500 smartphones, said chief mobile officer Kevin McConnell. Balance separates work and personal domains for business customers.
    05-14-13 08:07 PM
    That would make sense to maximize Q2 numbers with the full US launch within the Q. Now one could even say that the numbers for the current Q are pretty darn good and they want to sandbag what they can for the next.

Posted via CB10
    Like the logic. Adding on, I know the wife and I bought the 9900 at launch and we're not eligible for an upgrade until the first week of June(bought my Z10 outright)... so the timing makes perfect sense to me. Upgrade cycle wise.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 08:09 PM
    Also. Has anyone noticed that during today's keynote Microsoft Phone never got mentioned? They talked about iOS/Android a lot.
    There's a such thing as a Microsoft Phone?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-14-13 08:14 PM
    Like the logic. Adding on, I know the wife and I bought the 9900 at launch and we're not eligible for an upgrade until the first week of June(bought my Z10 outright)... so the timing makes perfect sense to me. Upgrade cycle wise.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not eligible for an upgrade until July of next year so I have to buy my white Q10 outright as well.
    05-14-13 08:17 PM
113,256 ... 989990991992993 ...