View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    DISA said they would be making their MDM decision 'early summer', so hopefully right around the ER?? Double Whammy for the shorts

[QUOTE=Fortyniner;8478272]
    please let this be true from Misek:

His “checks,” moreover, convince Misek that “BES10 is likely to be the main device management system used by the U.S. DoD and that BES10 will be used to manage not just the DoD’s BlackBerries but also Android and IOS devices.”[/QUO

Let's hope this is in fact true.
    bungaboy and doctor gonzo like this.
    05-14-13 02:03 PM
    Misek's comments no longer have an effect on the stock price. I have noticed this for some time now. He appears to be cheerleading
    and market is not impressed.
    Bugmapper and Bilaal like this.
    05-14-13 02:10 PM
    OK... wth is "candy crush saga" lol. Is this another "make or break app"?

Edit... and I don't remember if this was observed before, but we've hit 66% on the survey.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 02:11 PM
    USB Host mode in SDK in june (edited : SDK beta. Final = August) !
    What is that?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:12 PM
    MARKET TALK: For all RIM's Hype, Where's Update on BB10 Sales
    5/14/13 3:05pm

....GMP notes updates on BB10 sales and subscriber additions, as well as "major new partnerships or licensing deals with carriers or other smartphone manufactureres" were conspicuous by their absence....
    05-14-13 02:16 PM
    OK... wth is "candy crush saga" lol. Is this another "make or break app"?
    Pretty ridiculous, it's a game. As if a consumer would make a buying decision solely on the availability of one game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rushsaga&hl=en
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    So. Mm what happened today?

Lol....kidding.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, take99, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    What is that?

Posted via CB10
    USB host mode allows you to connect various USB devices (external hard drives, digital cameras, card readers, input devices, etc.) to your device just like a regular computer.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-14-13 02:17 PM
    please let this be true from Misek:

His �checks,� moreover, convince Misek that �BES10 is likely to be the main device management system used by the U.S. DoD and that BES10 will be used to manage not just the DoD�s BlackBerries but also Android and IOS devices.�
    What checks? He knows the decision makers? BS

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:18 PM
    For now buy in the high $14's low $15's and sell at $16, seems to be the trade until ER in June.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    05-14-13 02:19 PM
    USB host mode allows you to connect various USB devices (external hard drives, digital cameras, card readers, input devices, etc.) to your device just like a regular computer.
    BB10 was supposed to have that at launch? Oh well better late than never

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:20 PM
    So. Mm what happened today?

Posted via CB10
    Not much, same old, same old. You know.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 02:21 PM
    LOL...I'm just a "no rose-coloured glasses" kind of guy. When there's warts, there's warts...and if she asks if she looks fat in that dress, well...
    How our country differs from yours! Telling the little lady the dress makes her look fat is not an option here! LOL!
    05-14-13 02:21 PM
    Bbry made fun of for falling behind.

Now being made fun of for leep frogging the competition.

WTF

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:23 PM
    Pretty ridiculous, it's a game. As if a consumer would make a buying decision solely on the availability of one game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rushsaga&hl=en
    The fact of the matter is BlackBerry is not getting the trending and popular apps. Candy Crush is one of them. It's an awesome game, not a decider for me but it's the fact that BB is still far far behind.
    05-14-13 02:23 PM
    Misek's comments no longer have an effect on the stock price. I have noticed this for some time now. He appears to be cheerleading
    and market is not impressed.
    I agree. I've noticed that as well. The short dogs still have their bite, because they are just a front for the selling operations but Misek is on his own and it does virtually nothing anymore.
    05-14-13 02:24 PM
    I have got to keep these handy from now on.. Without them I get wrapped up in all this RED and manipulation crud.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rose-glasses.jpg
    05-14-13 02:27 PM
    Classic sell-the-news event. Just as expected. My puts are up. Not selling yet. I think we still might test DMA50. If we drop below I'll convert them to calls and go long 100%.
    05-14-13 02:28 PM
    Does Mark Sue even understand BB10's offering...He is saying that they will competition from free alternative like Microsoft active sync...This is ridicules...their ignorance is unbelievable...

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 02:28 PM
    LOL...I'm just a "no rose-coloured glasses" kind of guy. When there's warts, there's warts...and if she asks if she looks fat in that dress, well...
    From experience, I have learn otherwise. My answers now: "you always look great to me!!!"
    05-14-13 02:31 PM
    There is no match to balance ..Microsoft active sync is not even slightly comparable... These guys have no idea whatsoever..Only Misek seems to have common sense and is saying the right stuff

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:31 PM
    And up we go

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:33 PM
    05-14-13 02:35 PM
    Here is another SA from Mike Collins...well done:

BlackBerry Launch A Land Grab In Mobile Messaging

Disclosure: I am long BBRY. Short Analysts (More...)

First of all if you are not familiar with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), it is simply BlackBerry's (BBRY) proprietary messaging platform. It is hugely popular and considered one of BlackBerry's key USPs that drove users back to BlackBerry. It is so important to the BlackBerry offering that Heins mentioned that they had made decision because they were confident in the success of the BB10 platform. Clearly this difficult decision is a tacit acknowledgment of the success of the BB10 platform as Heins feels he may not need this USP any more to attract users. (see comments here)

The market (Scotia and a few other analyst) had expected the big news today might be that BBM would be rolled out ONLY to BES 10 server users. In essence a slow step introduction in cross platform messaging offered as an incentive to enterprise users. What Happened?

Those Canucks Gave It All Away For Free and to Everyone!

The following are the potential victims here:

WhatsApp
    Paypal Mobile
    I have very little doubt that BBM will quickly and swiftly displace WhatsApp and other irrelevant messaging platforms (Chaton, I-messages etc). However BBM, with voice and video calls, will also compete with Skype as the desktop version cannot be far away. What may appear to some as a free loving giveaway is actually masking an aggressive land grab.

What is given away for free today will bear fruit tomorrow in several different ways:

Paying for Call Termination (Skype)

I expect BBM to landlines (Call termination) will be rolled out last and they will not want to incur carrier wrath quite yet.

Extending Virtual Mobile via BBM Payments (Indonesian trials started)

The larger the network of user BBM-ing money around, the more valuable this becomes.

Twitter Competition via BBM Channels

This one is a long shot. The motive here is that Twitter is a mundane and dated. People prefer to share pictures, videos and hence "channels". Being limited to 155 characters is a throw away to Twitters roots in SMS, and maybe needs to be re-thought. It doesn't cost much to try, so roll BlackBerry is rolling the dice here, why not

What Should Investors Do?

This is a bold and risky land grab in a key area of mobile computing that has been surprisingly underserved. Messaging happens to be BlackBerry's strength and they have decided to make a sprint for the finish rather than "play it safe" and leverage it to sell handsets. BlackBerry has announced that they are making a play in three key multi-billion dollar industries and they're going to use BlackBerry messenger to do this. This has the potential to add a huge amount of upside to BBRY should they succeed.

A few short hedge funds, never the ones missing an opportunity for a quick paint job, decided to start a bear raid for a change. This was a feeble attempt at painting this announcement in a negative light or maybe just playing "Sell the news." Their PR flak team members are sharpening their pencils (Wedge, Canaccord, and Pacific Crust) and preparing an assault on Waterloo. Hang tough, today was a great day for shareholders. Management is on the move.

BlackBerry Launch A Land Grab In Mobile Messaging - Seeking Alpha
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1434..._rt_article_re

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:35 PM
    Classic sell-the-news event. Just as expected. My puts are up. Not selling yet. I think we still might test DMA50. If we drop below I'll convert them to calls and go long 100%.
    So you will buy calls if we drop below 50dma today, this week ?
    05-14-13 02:37 PM
113,250 ... 985986987988989 ...