View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    that's not from today, I linked that yesterday. The tweet from this morning seemed to indicate something from today. In any event, Misek is there and we should hear from him, I would expect it to be tomorrow at open.

Last paragraph.

AAPL iPhone 5S Not Likely Till September, Says Jefferies; Sees BlackBerry �App� Progress - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

[I]"Interestingly enough, there will be thousands of developers here in Orlando, and we look forward to talking with all of them. What we�re hearing and seeing, is, if you�re developing for Google Play [Google's (GOOG) application store for Android], porting to BB10 is ridiculously easy. Android and BB10 share a common kernel. That allows software programs to move across from the two stores easily. So while we don�t hear of a lot about native development, we do hear about a lot of porting of apps. And even though people say you can�t get Netflix (NFLX) on BB10, we�ve actually seen Netflix running on BB10. All of the Google top 100 apps are running on BB10."
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 01:41 PM
    Can someone confirm that what I read in the live blog is correct:

"Android Player is now upgraded to Jellybean 4.2.2"

If this is the case - this is absolutely fantastic news in addition to the other announcements!

This will open the floodgates in our app eco-system and allow us to somewhat leap frog the slow maturation of the app ecosystem. (Albeit with obvious kinks here and there with non-native apps but still very great news nonetheless).
    05-14-13 01:41 PM
    from another thread

At the BB Jam event. They announce BB10.2. Beta in june

Android runtime upgraded to JB 4.2.2, in addition to Webworks upgrade, and adobe air.

I think this announcement is more important than the Q5 and cross platform BBM.
    05-14-13 01:43 PM
    I just can't see that many Apple and Android users jumping onto the BBM train. I guess I do not know what I am missing but the few I have talked to do not know what BBM even is. Maybe Blackberry is investing "long" on BBM for other users.
    I think that the BBM offering for free has investors riled much the same way they were in December when TH surprisingly announced changes to services without explaining the potential impact on revenues. Again, we have another black box statement that, at least at first blush, appears to be more of a drain on revenues than a benefit.

I admit that it is not TH's job to babysit and prop up the share price; however, he needs to stop putting these GD black boxes in front of us.
    CDM76 and ItsTheBox like this.
    05-14-13 01:44 PM
    I missed the jam session, anything interesting in there? Did they say anything about Android run time upgrade? Headless apps?

What are you guys talking about 10.2 for, did they release some info?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Android being updated in June. Tons of updates coming to BB 10.2.
    05-14-13 01:44 PM
    from another thread

At the BB Jam event. They announce BB10.2. Beta in june

Android runtime upgraded to JB 4.2.2, in addition to Webworks upgrade, and adobe air.

I think this announcement is more important than the Q5 and cross platform BBM.
    Should that open BB10 up for good Google Maps and Google Nav?
    05-14-13 01:46 PM
    Ooohhhh.... makes me want to go develop an app! Good stuff!
    05-14-13 01:46 PM
    I think by the end of the week, we're going to be in the mid to low $14s
    05-14-13 01:47 PM
    that's not from today, I linked that yesterday. The tweet from this morning seemed to indicate something from today. In any event, Misek is there and we should hear from him, I would expect it to be tomorrow at open.
    Sorry, my mistake. Saw the time of the report but failed to check the date.
    I think that the BBM offering for free has investors riled much the same way they were in December when TH surprisingly announced changes to services without explaining the potential impact on revenues. Again, we have another black box statement that, at least at first blush, appears to be more of a drain on revenues than a benefit.

I admit that it is not TH's job to babysit and prop up the share price; however, he needs to stop putting these GD black boxes in front of us.
    Well said. Precisely and a big issue to not explain how this is GOOD for the future of BBRY. WHY are they doing it? Tell the market.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.

Do you think that his announcement on BBM was the reason the BBRY went into the toilet? Currently at $15.11 !

Am I hearing rumors the Q10 is going to be delayed for the USA?
    05-14-13 01:49 PM
    Hope so!
    I'm looking to double up.

long and strong baby!
    05-14-13 01:49 PM
    Do you think that his announcement on BBM was the reason the BBRY went into the toilet? Currently at $15.11 !

15.05 .... When I finally learn to sell in the 16s, it will be the wrong time to do so.
    take99, Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    05-14-13 01:50 PM
    TSLA nearly hit $100 today... My friend had investments in that as well...

Anyways, lets bring this stock over 16 so I can make a trade. Damn, I didn't expect a drop today, but then again, this happens all the time. June ER is 1.5 months away!
    Yep, looks like I pulled out too soon again. lol But I went for the sure thing and got some.
    05-14-13 01:51 PM
    05-14-13 01:51 PM

Yes. I believe the BBM freebie is an unknown that some investors are not comfortable with. I don't think we've been hit by a bear raid at all. In fact, i would argue that the bear raid hasn't even started.
    05-14-13 01:53 PM
    15.05 .... When I finally learn to sell in the 16s, it will be the wrong time to do so.
    Do not feel bad as I bought in near $16 and was lucky to get out before bleeding to death
    05-14-13 01:53 PM
    Oh goodie...
    m0de25 likes this.
    05-14-13 01:54 PM
    Yes. I believe the BBM freebie is an unknown that some investors are not comfortable with. I don't think we've been hit by a bear raid at all. In fact, i would argue that the bear raid hasn't even started.
    You have a unique method of cheering everyone up Charles. lol I hope you're wrong on that but nothing surprises me anymore with this.
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-14-13 01:56 PM
    Do not feel bad as I bought in near $16 and was lucky to get out before bleeding to death
    I'm in at the high 15s right now so everyday is teetering between me feeling good or me feeling miserable. I had a great feeling going into this week but this sure as hell adds to the frustration.
    05-14-13 01:57 PM
    The note provides some reasoning for the drop today.

1. Lack of update on sales numbers
    2. Lack of surprises
    3. Slight delay on the availability of the Q10 in the US. From May to June
    please let this be true from Misek:

His “checks,” moreover, convince Misek that “BES10 is likely to be the main device management system used by the U.S. DoD and that BES10 will be used to manage not just the DoD’s BlackBerries but also Android and IOS devices.”
    Man, when I read that from Misek I sobered up!
    05-14-13 01:58 PM
    You have a unique method of cheering everyone up Charles. lol I hope you're wrong on that but nothing surprises me anymore with this.
    LOL...I'm just a "no rose-coloured glasses" kind of guy. When there's warts, there's warts...and if she asks if she looks fat in that dress, well...
    lcjr and q649 like this.
    05-14-13 01:59 PM
    [QUOTE=take99;8478239]please let this be true from Misek:

His “checks,” moreover, convince Misek that “BES10 is likely to be the main device management system used by the U.S. DoD and that BES10 will be used to manage not just the DoD’s BlackBerries but also Android and IOS devices.”[/QUO

Let's hope this is in fact true.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 02:01 PM
113,256 ... 984985986987988 ...