View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From a competitive standpoint, i am certain that the WhatsApp folks are not pleased.
    morganplus8, m0de25 and MrBurns2U like this.
    05-14-13 10:50 AM
    This biggest win is the Q5 launching 'this summer' = July. That is earlier than he hinted at in the ER (which was Sept).

More sales, more rev, start the upgrade cycle in emerging markets earlier.

THAT should have POPPED the stock. WTF.
    05-14-13 10:51 AM
    For perspective, the share price has dropped on every major BB event in the last year, with the only exception I can think of being the September ER bounce.

That being said, I believe this seems to be the smallest drop out of all of them.
    05-14-13 10:51 AM
    Is it a possibility that we will see any shipping/sold unit numbers today? If they are on-track or better than expected for sales, we could have a rally on our hands, but i don't know if this is "that sort of event"
    05-14-13 10:53 AM
    Icahn should buy 20% of the company at this price.
    We all need to keep in mind that this was just the keynote of the BB Live events. There is more to come in the events and workshops that will be held throughout the coming days.
    difabs, matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    Is it a possibility that we will see any shipping/sold unit numbers today? If they are on-track or better than expected for sales, we could have a rally on our hands, but i don't know if this is "that sort of event"
    Unfortunately, this is definitely not that kind of event. We won't hear hard and fast numbers until the June ER call.
    05-14-13 10:54 AM
    Box, is your avatar an Olde English Bulldogge?
    Yup, thats our boy Meaty.

Im liking the update to the cb app!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    matthewriedle likes this.
    Awaiting for more details on his note.

Michael Kane ‏@Michael_KaneBNN 6m
    Peter Misek at Jefferies issued a research note a few minutes ago, saying what I've been saying for a few months-"Not just about the phone".
    Expand
    morganplus8, jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    Is this really an attempt to put clear water between hardware and services so that if they need to the company can be cleanly broken up?
    I personally don't think so but investors might.

What I think this is personally is this.

BlackBerry knows they have a tough up hill battle on getting people to adapt BlackBerry devices. No one on this forum will deny that. BlackBerry saw an opportunity that people want to be in BlackBerry's words "Hyper-Connected".

This is exactly what BBM cross platform and BBM Channels can provide. BBM lets you connect with ur friends coworkers and everyone alike with ease. BBM will and always be the best messaging application known to man. BBM Channels lets you connect in more detail with all these people and interact with the world. BBM Channels is BlackBerry's way of making social media a hub. It's an opportunity for take advantage of the huge success of social media.

Instagram had 65 Million users and was worth 1 Billion Dollars (Picture Sharing Community), Whatsapp has 125+ MIllion users and was offered 1 Billion Dollars (Messaging App), Facebook is worth 64 Billion Dollars, LinkedIn is worth 20 BIllion Dollars, Twitter Estimated 8-10 Billion.

If BlackBerry can offer something Unique that each of these apps don't already offer, then it can easily tap into that 80 Billion dollar pie.

BlackBerry is trying to diversify it's revenue (as they should). I think this is done as a two way strategy. In case BB10 doesn't succeed, this may be the fall back. But I don't think the intention is a transition into servicing.
    05-14-13 10:56 AM
    Looking at today, really wasn't that bad. There were lots of good announcements.
    Admittedly because we are stockberrians we already new a number of them.

Many people are forgetting that the 15 dollars per share we are sitting at today is break up value of the company, or there abouts.

Just the mere fact that they are launching new products, pushing new updates with new features, innovating with current products (BBM channels), thinking of future innovations and industries to get involved in shows you they are a long way from The dead company most people think they are.

Sure, we were all hoping for the short squeeze, it didn't come. Look at the value you are sitting on....

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:58 AM
    I'm not sure what expectations you had? How was this a bad thing today?

No partnership with IBM? That was only ever a rumor.
    No Instagram? Maybe maybe not - the icon was there.

I'm usually first on the "Wow that was a horrible showing" bandwagon, but I just don't see it this time. What were your expectations?
    As I said in other posts, it wasn't terrible, I just think they let a golden opportunity slip through their hands. They had the attention of the press and analysts and went for singles and doubles. My point is, it could have been much better. I am not an ad or PR guy, but it seemed to me they were off point or not focused on what I would consider "exciting" or "important" and missed a chance to make a big splash. I am a little warped though...

I expected TH to slip in some reference to sales. "With (tens) (over x million) (you fill in the blank) of millions of BB10 devices now in use, we know BB10 will be successful.

The Bentley was cool, but honestly that wasn't earth shattering stuff. Does anybody really care what software is behind the screen. What did the BB10 phone do that you can't do over bluetooth in my wife's Honda. Video, that won't (understandably) work while you are driving. They spent a lot of time stressing that safety feature (duh) but what was really cool about anything else they showed?What is so special about QNX? I am sure there is something, but I didn't see it. That old Buick ad I posted a few weeks ago showing the phone/app remote starting and then controlling the climate control system was much better.

Alicia Keys big announcement was a concert and diversity, yet BB has 5 white guys as its leaders.

Why would they show the Instagram icon but not announce anything. If they have a deal or are close to one, they should have busted **** to get it done and announced today. That would have been a headline or lead in many stories and captured public attention. For me it means nothing, but it would have made news.

Formula One is a nice idea, but that was very awkward conversation and nothing great came of it.

No BB10 for playbook and not in the US for a while. I only care about myself

BBM for everybody and Channels for everybody could be huge, I think those are the 2 biggest things we had going for us in the keynote.

Again, it wasn't bad, I just expected more from them and was disappointed they didn't seem to want to seize the stage and attention they had today.

I still have my BBRY shares, in at $15.06 and confident we head higher in the future.
    From a competitive standpoint, i am certain that the WhatsApp folks are not pleased.
    I think BBM going cross platform is good... the BAD?

Blackberry will tell us it's coming soon for ages, in the meantime...

Whatsapp probably will not be releasing those quick updates they've been doing since launching on BB10.
    Skype (Microsoft) have dragged their heels to finally bring their app to BB10, and will probably not bother much now.

The flip side is...

Whatsapp and Skype may work EVEN harder. Who knows
    This biggest win is the Q5 launching 'this summer' = July. That is earlier than he hinted at in the ER (which was Sept).

More sales, more rev, start the upgrade cycle in emerging markets earlier.

THAT should have POPPED the stock. WTF.
    I am certain it will recover in a couple of days, if not sooner. The cycle for BBRY tends to be event, plunge, recover. Unfortunately, I hoped it wouldn't be so much this time.
    05-14-13 10:59 AM
    The company noted that 12,000 BES 10 servers have been installed by customers worldwide since it was first launched in January.
    05-14-13 10:59 AM
    Even Gizmodo has a positive article on today!

http://gizmodo.com/blackberry-is-bri...ium=socialflow
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-14-13 11:00 AM
    Taken from comments on a cnet article. May be some truth to this.

Now you see, this is how you combat your competition. Apple should take notes, you want to start taking a bite out of your competition get your products on your competitions product. It's almost impossible to lure new customers from your competition if you hold Steve's position of "I don't want to make Android users happy". You see, you give them a taste, and then hope that they like that feature so much they decide to switch to your products. Think about it, you aren't exactly going to win an Android/Blackberry/WP8 user if they don't get to see the advantages. In the reverse of this iOS users get to see how good Google maps is, and can conclude it's even better on Android.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 05-14-13 at 11:15 AM.
    cjcampbell, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 11:03 AM
    How long will it take for someone like Disney, Universal, Discovery or other Hollywood production launch their own channels inside BBM. For these companies no more partnership with Netflix required. They can control their own lineup of movies/shows audiences are willing to pay for.

These can also threaten traditional cable and satellite systems.
    05-14-13 11:03 AM
    We've been in situations like this before.
    I'm not happy but I've grown big enough to handle it thanks to this forum.
    I also learned to buy puts for this stock so J can make money both ways.
    I'm sure the stock will go up again in near future.

I will wait to hear from Morgan or Yang Fui for the standing.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:06 AM
    We all need to keep in mind that this was just the keynote of the BB Live events. There is more to come in the events and workshops that will be held throughout the coming days.
    Not really. If past is any indication, everything is announced during the keynote.
    05-14-13 11:06 AM
    How long will it take for someone like Disney, Universal, Discovery or other Hollywood production launch their own channels inside BBM. For these companies no more partnership with Netflix required. They can control their own lineup of movies/shows audiences are willing to pay for.

I don't think "channels" is referring to video channels necessarily. I think it's more of a BBM styled twitter page.
    05-14-13 11:07 AM
    Guys, if you have a Z10, make sure you upgrade it. 10.1 feels great, so smooth, faster believe it or not. Good stuff by BB.
    05-14-13 11:08 AM
    Shorted 5 Million Shares at 16 Yesterday. Going to buy 200 million today if it goes up today and tell you about it tomorrow.

Jk. Lawl
    Damn most of my funds were tied up and I was only able to snag 500k!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:11 AM

There are already many companies trying this with a big head start on BB. Their music service was a big bust. I am not optimistic about this angle. If they can gather "fans" of Formula One, NHL, MBL, NFL, entertainment celebrities and other groups of people with similar interests, I think that is where the future may be. Think of it as Crackberry, well, on crack....
    La Emperor likes this.
    05-14-13 11:15 AM
    It would be best if they did not say any more and just moved on. The "event" is over.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:17 AM
113,256 ... 980981982983984 ...