View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Btw the 10.1 typing is way better now. They made a good thing better. So that's a positive too

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:31 AM
    id be surprised if we recover from this today.
    You will not be surprised!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-14-13 10:32 AM
    I could not agree more. A huge flop in my opinion. Not that I have not seen it before and the investors did not like it!
    Don't be so discouraged. Smart investors take this as a good news and either scoop up more shares or hold on to their existing shares. You buy a BB10 device for its wicked OS and the unique experience it is and will be enabling, not because of BBM. The fact is iPhone and Android fans will continue to buy their favorite brands. Opening up BBM is a calculated and bold move. This allows BB10 users to communicate with their friends and families on other platforms using the most robust and reliable messaging platform. When the exposure and popularity increase, you know what will happen next...
    Yep, that's it for me too. Wasn't expecting the SP to jump, but kind of expected the SP to dip, but this is rediculous. Tired of it really. Turning this and NASDAQ off for a while. You guys have a great morning.
    To paraphrase a quote one of my favorite movies, Animal House, "We ****ed up, we trusted them."
    Skype has tons of free features and whatsapp is free on Android.

Also, can you honestly tell me the average consumer (who has never touched a BB) will download and pay for BBM.

You guys are seriously missing the big picture here. Nothing has ever taken off by being a paid service to start out with. BBRY needs to gain traction on BBM not because BBM needs to succeed. They want BBM Channels to succeed. If they get 100M users on BBM (unlikely for now), They match Instagram.

BBRY is trying to make the next Billion dollar App. BlackBerry wants to be the next instragram the next skype the next linkedin the next twitter. If they get anywhere near that userbase, I think a lot of you would second guess charging for BBM
    Whatsapp is free on Android because of adds.

I'm certainly not missing the point, I'm trying to convey the message that there are many ways to monetize BBM.
    TH said Free to download, and most here have written off the monetization, just by the free to download.
    I have many apps that were free to download that come with in app purchases.

Also, peopl pay for fart apps, and for Diamond apps that cost $500.
    I agree with you regarding building the next big app and that takes investment, and we have to understand that the return will not be immediate. But as they say, If you build it they will come.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-14-13 10:33 AM
    Q5 will go to the UK in July - so its NOT just for emerging markets...
    Phones 4U in the UK to stock the BlackBerry Q5 in July | CrackBerry.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 10:34 AM
    The us "free market" is a joke
    Thanks, I missed it, it had been a while. I am perplexed how you can honestly believe that the stock price action, based on the keynote is anything other than a rational reaction to what was (and wasn't) presented?????
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-14-13 10:34 AM
    To paraphrase a quote one of my favorite movies, Animal House, "We ****ed up, we trusted them."
    I'm not sure what expectations you had? How was this a bad thing today?

No partnership with IBM? That was only ever a rumor.
    No Instagram? Maybe maybe not - the icon was there.

I'm usually first on the "Wow that was a horrible showing" bandwagon, but I just don't see it this time. What were your expectations?
    05-14-13 10:35 AM
    I remember when I used to AAPL like a hawk in their early days and no matter what the announcement was, they would always drop after a big keynote and/or announcement. Some times this is just the way the market reacts. Impulse over sensibility. Let the market delve through the information and lets see what happens as we move through the week.
    I hope that he ends the keynote with a nice little nugget for us.
    I think we got nuggets...just not gold...LOL
    Well, i bought more too early....down a buck, now climb by $3...
    05-14-13 10:37 AM
    just picked up some calls for this week at $14.50 at $0.77 each, right near the bottom of the dip. Hopefully we see a return to green today, i think the huge number of announcements deserves it
    tygros likes this.
    05-14-13 10:38 AM
    Don't be so discouraged. Smart investors take this as a good news and either scoop up more shares or hold on to their existing shares. You buy a BB10 device for its wicked OS and the unique experience it is and will be enabling, not because of BBM. The fact is iPhone and Android fans will continue to buy their favorite brands. Opening up BBM is a calculated and bold move. This allows BB10 users to communicate with their friends and families on other platforms using the most robust and reliable messaging platform. When the exposure and popularity increase, you know what will happen next...
    Wicked OS? LOL! More like "Experimental"

Only thing I was disappointed in was allowing myself to think that Blackberry could hold a successful event. Been there and done that several times with negative results. I only lost about $1000, I was lucky I did not lose $6000 to $7000. Still way ahead of the game. Just got to remember who is in charge of BB and why they continue to stay in the predicament they are in.
    05-14-13 10:39 AM
    It is possible for BBM to become a top free app in app stores. Even top 100 would be great. But if they can get that kind of penetration, it could quickly go to the top 10. Then people would be more likely to get bbry devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:39 AM
    I think we got nuggets...just not gold...LOL
    Many got their "nuggets" BUSTED! LOL!

Well I thought it would be an interesting day . . it was!
    05-14-13 10:40 AM
    Perspective. Seven days ago, last Tuesday, this stock was trading at $14.82
    05-14-13 10:40 AM
    Whatsapp is free on Android because of adds.

I'm certainly not missing the point, I'm trying to convey the message that there are many ways to monetize BBM.
    TH said Free to download, and most here have written off the monetization, just by the free to download.
    I have many apps that were free to download that come with in app purchases.

Also, peopl pay for fart apps, and for Diamond apps that cost $500.
    I agree with you regarding building the next big app and that takes investment, and we have to understand that the return will not be immediate. But as they say, If you build it they will come.
    There are 0 ads on Whatapp on my phone. Not a single one for the past year.

I'm just stating that BlackBerry is monetizing is this a userbase. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, Instragram all started out as relatively AD free websites/applications. As they grew the userbase grew so did the potential for monetization of ads or whatever.

That is exactly the same plan BlackBerry is following as they should. People pay for random stupid apps because that is just how it goes. People are not going to pay for BBM when WhatsApp is the key player in cross platform right now. BlackBerry is "New" to the cross platform game to messaging. They need to grow through users by providing better services and a better app then the competition.

But like you said it is all time, which I agree with. Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin and every other major social media success didn't happen overnight. BBM & BBM Channels is a 5 year plan, and if that 5 year plans turns into a Billion Dollar community, I call that a success and I call that serious monetization.
    05-14-13 10:42 AM
    Last Tuesday, the stock wasn't getting crushed by announcing some positive news.
    05-14-13 10:42 AM
    Couldn't business use bbm cross platform and due to security prefer it? But charge businesses? Businesses may need BES to use it, etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:43 AM
    just picked up some calls for this week at $14.50 at $0.77 each, right near the bottom of the dip. Hopefully we see a return to green today, i think the huge number of announcements deserves it
    I got some $15s at .51 when SP at 15.20. Irrational behaviour. Let's climb. Let's have Instagram or SOMETHING released at the BB Jam Keynote (if there is one...I looked for it on the agenda and couldn't find it but someone said it IS at 1pm)
    All in all, the positive messages were all different from what we hoped for and expected. There wasn't anything negative (besides the dryness...).

Hopefully we're going to rebound quickly.
    Perspective. It was selling for this six months ago!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-14-13 10:44 AM
    Man I hate to say it but BBRY is a buy the hype sell the news kind of stock. I just keep refusing to learn this lesson for some reason. Still long.
    05-14-13 10:44 AM
    There are 0 ads on Whatapp on my phone. Not a single one for the past year.

I'm just stating that BlackBerry is monetizing is this a userbase. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, Instragram all started out as relatively AD free websites/applications. As they grew the userbase grew so did the potential for monetization of ads or whatever.

That is exactly the same plan BlackBerry is following as they should. People pay for random stupid apps because that is just how it goes. People are not going to pay for BBM when WhatsApp is the key player in cross platform right now. BlackBerry is "New" to the cross platform game to messaging. They need to grow through users by providing better services and a better app then the competition.

But like you said it is all time, which I agree with. Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin and every other major social media success didn't happen overnight. BBM & BBM Channels is a 5 year plan, and if that 5 year plans turns into a Billion Dollar community, I call that a success and I call that serious monetization.
    Is this really an attempt to put clear water between hardware and services so that if they need to the company can be cleanly broken up?
    05-14-13 10:47 AM
    Bought some 2015 calls at the 30 strike today. Plan to accumulate if it goes down more.

Posted via CB10
    tygros and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-14-13 10:50 AM
113,256 ... 979980981982983 ...