View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BBM Channel would be the Youtube of mobile platform. Lots of ad revenue potential. Couple that with BBM Money then we have a winner here.

News of cross platform BBM sent twitter traffic into a frenzy mode. This is a HUGE development for BBRY. The shorts will try to spin this as a negative but the truth is out there...in the twitterverse.
    05-14-13 10:22 AM
    Interesting that the Canadian shares are still holding onto support while shares on the Nasdaq are being flushed down the crapper.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 10:22 AM
    News of cross platform BBM sent twitter traffic into a frenzy mode. This is a HUGE development for BBRY. The shorts will try to spin this as a negative but the truth is out there...in the twitterverse.
    Unfortunately somebody forgot to tell the stock market.
    05-14-13 10:23 AM
    I think it's brilliant that they give it for free. If I'm an iphone or android user, why would I want to try BBM if it's not free when there's whatsapp and skype?
    Once people get the experience and everybody in their network uses it, BBRY can find a way to monetize. I rarely use BBM now, can't remember any friend even BB user who doesn't have whatsapp hence using whatsapp when connecting with them

Security, and skype is not always free.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    05-14-13 10:23 AM
    Taking a day off from this stock. These bear raids are pathetic and since I'm moderately long, they really
    are a blip on the radar. That said, it's like watching a bad, bad movie. Time to turn off the TV for abit. lol
    I'll set an alert for $14.80 ish (my last buy in) but I truly don't think it'll dive that far.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 10:24 AM
    I was expecting 14s today but that was a random.guess. Had no idea about cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:25 AM
    of course it would drop after only good news? where is the bearish sentiment coming from, besides some big players who have the money to control the volume
    05-14-13 10:26 AM
    What happened to our support?????!?!?? We just fell right through $15.50!!!!
    It will be below $15 very soon!

Maybe even below $14.50.

BBRY is in freefall after that wonderful event! I glad I set up my stops before I left to shop.
    05-14-13 10:26 AM
    of course it would drop after only good news? where is the bearish sentiment coming from, besides some big players who have the money to control the volume
    Good news for consumers. Terrible for bbry. They gave Away one of the biggest reasons people stuck with bbry.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    05-14-13 10:27 AM
    They gave the bears a reason to raid. (bbm cross platform with no immediately visible monetization and can be intrepreted with BB loyalists moving away from the platform and still keep BBM). And the bulls didn't' want to stop it. Unreal. Complete disappointment.
    05-14-13 10:27 AM
    I think this raid was going to happen regardless, unless Thor had announced a partnership deal. Jam keynote is at 1PM, look for app announcements then.
    05-14-13 10:28 AM
    The us "free market" is a joke
    bungaboy and Tech Consultant like this.
    For those upset. If you love bbry and are long you should be celebrating and loading up on cheap shares. If its a 40 dollar stock like most of us say we should be happy

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    Ok, we filled the $14.92-95 gap - now let's get this thing back above $16 with upgrades and bloggers galore...
    05-14-13 10:29 AM
    No surprise on the raid today. Selling the news, though you'll see it spun as a response to cross platform BBM.

The presentation was much better than the launch event and there was a good supply of positive news. BBM Xplatform is excellent - it's a major foot in the door for future value add services.

No major statements about tablets or future devices - but I think a couple of heavy hints in there.

All in all, a good showing. Much more impressed with this than I was with the z10 launch.
    I actually don't think that this was a raid. I think a fair chunk of investors were very displeased.
    take99 and OMGitworks like this.
    Yep, that's it for me too. Wasn't expecting the SP to jump, but kind of expected the SP to dip, but this is rediculous. Tired of it really. Turning this and NASDAQ off for a while. You guys have a great morning.
    id be surprised if we recover from this today.
    Interesting that the Canadian shares are still holding onto support while shares on the Nasdaq are being flushed down the crapper.
    It's called 15min delay, like all TSX quotes
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 10:30 AM
    BBM to other platforms. Yeeeeeeeeees. But why not charge for it for iOS and Android ?
    BlackBerry brand on apple and android devices is why. If people adopt it, maybe they'll buy a z10.

Posted via CB10
    tygros, zyben, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    The negativity on this forum has gotten out of hand...
    1. BB10 is replacing QNX in cars over next 12+ months - the potential of integration, apps and device to car capabilities is huge
    2. BES 10.1 is live and it's multi-platform device capable, and its free to use if they upgrade to BB10 devices this year - HUGE savings to many firms
    3. BBRY is doing a ton to support communities and outreach to Women in the business world - new charities, etc
    4. Instagram is coming very soon - icon was in 120k App screensht
    5. Skype and 10.1 are available everywhere except the US (thanks US carriers) today!
    6. BBM is adding a Channels functionality that could be huge in terms of Real-time Social engagement - The possibilities are endless (engagement, coupons/deals, giveaways, and HUGE loyalty play for companies - all in a new channel - and available ON THE GO)
    7. BBM is going cross-platform - HUGE win - iOS and Andoid. Tease them with BB capabilities and win them back
    8. BB Q5 is launching for emerging markets in next 2 months and will likely hit the rest of the world soon after

Anything I missed??

I know they missed announcing Instagram, and PB updates - but you can't talk about PB updates in your biggest speach right after you bashed Tablets into non-relevance 5 years from now.
    Sorry, but I disagree a bit:

1. Only if you drive a Bentley and/or a MB and then only with very limited functionality.
    2. Mildly exciting.
    3. Great, but when 5 white males come out on stage, I question their commitment and ability to walk the walk.
    4. Icon might have been there, but zero, nothing, nada said about it. Moag, it might be great but I've never heard of it....
    5. Skype is good, but it is more catch up than innovation. Still a positive though!
    6. Channels possibilities are exciting.
    7. Perhaps, but a huge uphill battle getting them back, I hope it works.
    8. We knew it was coming but great to see them execute!

All in all, I'd give the keynote a C+. I still don't get their definition of "exciting" but that is probably me. I want them to reach higher and go for it, but they seem content hitting singles and doubles. After a while singles and double score runs so let's hope they have a great game plan.
    Unless z10 has apps. They will not

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:31 AM
    Good news for consumers. Terrible for bbry. They gave Away one of the biggest reasons people stuck with bbry.

Posted via CB10
    Giving away BBM had NOTHING to do with BBRY going into the toilet!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    The us "free market" is a joke
    Where have you been for the past few days ? Have missed you !
    cjcampbell and kfh227 like this.
    Ok, we filled the $14.92-95 gap - now let's get this thing back above $16 with upgrades and bloggers galore...
    There will be nothing from this presentation to warrant any upgrade. There may actually begin to be questions about why nothing on progress.
113,256 ... 978979980981982 ...