View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    bunch of giveaways. No monetizing these great products. Thats what wall street wants to hear
    They will work advertising into BBM so there will be profit to be made.
    05-14-13 10:08 AM
    Why would someone use BBM over Skype? Just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    Security, and skype is not always free.
    05-14-13 10:08 AM
    Exactly if BBM is better, I might get my family to switch over if it is free, otherwise people aren't going to move over as they already have good, free options. There are possibilities here, BBRY just needs to get them in first and then figure out a good way to monetize it.

I must say, I have had a BB device for many years and never once used BBM. Sad but true.
    You are not alone as I have never used it either. Likley will not.
    05-14-13 10:09 AM
    I hoped we'd be green today...that presentation sucked so hard that we may see $14s tomorrow.

I am tired now...perhaps too hopeful? I don't know.
    05-14-13 10:11 AM
    Exactly if BBM is better, I might get my family to switch over if it is free, otherwise people aren't going to move over as they already have good, free options. There are possibilities here, BBRY just needs to get them in first and then figure out a good way to monetize it.

I must say, I have had a BB device for many years and never once used BBM. Sad but true.
    I think you're wrong.

My wife and I are BlackBerry till I die. Her family is iOS locked into 2-3yr contracts. My family is Android, also locked in to 2-3yr contracts.
    I know 10 people that would download it just to be able to have instant video ot voice call anytime anywhere to be able to talk to their grandchildren, cousins and neice/nephew.

I'm not switching platforms, but I can guaruntee 10 people(min) will be downloading BBM on Android and iOS. And we're just 2 of the current 76 million users. Big picture, is that they will see the benefit of BlackBerry and switch, may take 2-3yrs, but it will happen
    05-14-13 10:13 AM
    You are not alone as I have never used it either. Likley will not.
    Also, I agree. As a BB loyal (minus not having one LOL), I loved BBM but would not pay a dime for it as I have 0 friends on BBRY anymore and well I don't want to add my coworkers on my personal phone lol. However, I loved the features and would convince people to switch for free. I wouldn't be able to convince if it was a dollar.

I hope BBM Channels takes off in a couple years. If it truly becomes the next best social media tool, you can bet it will add great revenues surpassing any amount of App revenue you would get for BBM itself.
    Tech Consultant likes this.
    05-14-13 10:13 AM
    Blackberry creating a facebook like social media? BBM voice , BBM video , BBM channels and then what comes next BBM money?? What is Blackberry building with BBM?
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 10:14 AM
    I think you're wrong.

My wife and I are BlackBerry till I die. Her family is iOS locked into 2-3yr contracts. My family is Android, also locked in to 2-3yr contracts.
    I know 10 people that would download it just to be able to have instant video ot voice call anytime anywhere to be able to talk to their grandchildren, cousins and neice/nephew.

I'm not switching platforms, but I can guaruntee 10 people(min) will be downloading BBM on Android and iOS. And we're just 2 of the current 76 million users. Big picture
    I think he means people won't look at it if it costs money, But if its free, it will entice people (especially all the old BB faithful) to DL
    05-14-13 10:14 AM
    I think you're wrong.

I'm not switching platforms, but I can guaruntee 10 people(min) will be downloading BBM on Android and iOS. And we're just 2 of the current 76 million users. Big picture
    ...and that my friend is the monetization opportunity that has just been given away.
    05-14-13 10:15 AM
    I hoped we'd be green today...that presentation sucked so hard that we may see $14s tomorrow.

Never meant to help investors, BlackBerry gives no guidance so they have to be careful. June / September is what matters.

Go long baby!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 10:15 AM
    I think he means people won't look at it if it costs money, But if its free, it will entice people (especially all the old BB faithful) to DL
    Skype is not free, whatsapp is not free....
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 10:16 AM
    They will work advertising into BBM so there will be profit to be made.
    I'm pretty sure the channels themselves are the advertising.

You don't think corporations won't pay big bucks to get top listing in the channels menu?

Sure, anyone can create a channel, but to have it displayed at the top of the list will likely have an associated cost.
    05-14-13 10:18 AM
    stock going down..15.40
    News of cross platform BBM sent twitter traffic into a frenzy mode. This is a HUGE development for BBRY. The shorts will try to spin this as a negative but the truth is out there...in the twitterverse.
    Here comes the raging bear raid...
    What happened to our support?????!?!?? We just fell right through $15.50!!!!
    05-14-13 10:19 AM
    ...and that my friend is the monetization opportunity that has just been given away.
    He said it will be avaible free, and emphasized the text and groups as the initial features. Then he started talking about rolling out added features(Voice, video, screen share). He never specifically said that the addtional features would be free.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 10:19 AM
    I truly hope they have a plan for monetizing it. I won't give up right now. I think it had to be free up front or it was completely doomed. At least we have a chance here, sometime, to maybe monetize it. That is how FB, Google and Twitter started too... I don't think it will ever reach that kind of use, but an 1/8 or 1/4 or 1/2 of it would be nice.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-14-13 10:20 AM
    The negativity on this forum has gotten out of hand...
    1. BB10 is replacing QNX in cars over next 12+ months - the potential of integration, apps and device to car capabilities is huge
    2. BES 10.1 is live and it's multi-platform device capable, and its free to use if they upgrade to BB10 devices this year - HUGE savings to many firms
    3. BBRY is doing a ton to support communities and outreach to Women in the business world - new charities, etc
    4. Instagram is coming very soon - icon was in 120k App screensht
    5. Skype and 10.1 are available everywhere except the US (thanks US carriers) today!
    6. BBM is adding a Channels functionality that could be huge in terms of Real-time Social engagement - The possibilities are endless (engagement, coupons/deals, giveaways, and HUGE loyalty play for companies - all in a new channel - and available ON THE GO)
    7. BBM is going cross-platform - HUGE win - iOS and Andoid. Tease them with BB capabilities and win them back
    8. BB Q5 is launching for emerging markets in next 2 months and will likely hit the rest of the world soon after

Anything I missed??

I know they missed announcing Instagram, and PB updates - but you can't talk about PB updates in your biggest speach right after you bashed Tablets into non-relevance 5 years from now.
    Skype has tons of free features and whatsapp is free on Android.

Also, can you honestly tell me the average consumer (who has never touched a BB) will download and pay for BBM.

You guys are seriously missing the big picture here. Nothing has ever taken off by being a paid service to start out with. BBRY needs to gain traction on BBM not because BBM needs to succeed. They want BBM Channels to succeed. If they get 100M users on BBM (unlikely for now), They match Instagram.

BBRY is trying to make the next Billion dollar App. BlackBerry wants to be the next instragram the next skype the next linkedin the next twitter. If they get anywhere near that userbase, I think a lot of you would second guess charging for BBM
    Support is a line on a graph. When the sellers start, they do what they want.
    morganplus8 and q649 like this.
    Inevitable given the keynote. Let's ride it out, regroup and head higher in a few days.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 10:21 AM
    Why would someone use BBM over Skype? Just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    Because it more reliable, especially video chat. Quality of video chat on the BBM beats Skype for me every time.

I could not agree more. A huge flop in my opinion. Not that I have not seen it before and the investors did not like it!

You would have to be an extrema fan boy to think that was other than a disaster!
    WhatsApp may not be but Skype is unless you want to call land lines. Unless I'm wrong and they are charging for it in BBWorld.
    05-14-13 10:22 AM
113,256 ... 977978979980981 ...