View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Mobile - BlackBerry is on a roll

One of them is Marco Gocht, CEO of German-based ISEC7 Group, which offers mobile-related services to organizations in seven countries.

In the past 10 weeks his firm has done 74 BlackBerry Enterprise Server to BES 10 migrations, he noted, and is well on is way to 100. The surprise is that its SMBs, not enterprises, that are in a rush.
    05-14-13 12:08 AM
    Well, at least we have BB Live to look forward to
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-uploadfromtaptalk1368508015459.jpg  
    05-14-13 12:10 AM
    Sure hope we get a better crowd reception then that!
    05-14-13 12:53 AM
    Dollar Cost Averaging my friend.

BB is up just over $16 (I'm up by $4).
    PS: BB is on TSE, BBRY is on Nasdaq/NYSE?
    Wouldn't make a different. TYGROS is talking about options that likely expire this Friday.
    Same boat as me.
    05-14-13 01:15 AM
    At least you guys didn't riot when you lost to Boston.
    m0de25, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 01:29 AM
    G'night, looking forward to tomorrow's BB "show and tell" with Master Heinz, personally, I am not expecting much, more fluff marketing, no stats, etc. regardless, will be fun to trade on the momentum, long and short, covered my short position at $16.06, hopefully whoever, shorted / longed it will make some money off of it. Cash for the night
    You shouldn't expect much than general marketing stuff from Heins in a global presentation.
    Now, there will be Boulben and Tear; they might go deeper either during the live conference or side interviews.

I believe it's time to mark our position ?
    I'm CAN$13.5 avg (was $10.35 avg for the first 200, but couldn't handle the "gourmandise" frustration for 200 moire.).
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    05-14-13 02:44 AM
    I think today's event will be pep rally with hints of good numbers but nothing hard. A rumor or two for new devices may be included but so far in the future, it will not matter.

Just hoping that there is not an "embarrassment" that harms BBRY and that is always possible. I think it will be good today yet not monumental.
    05-14-13 03:56 AM
    Leafs are out, woo! I still want Boston to get knocked out next round however...
    As a Montreal fan, I would agree...lol

However, with such a great comeback game, it would be a great time, especially after having had the bombing, for Boston to win the cup this year.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 04:28 AM
    Stock to watch: BlackBerry annual event kicks off - Stocks to Watch - MarketWatch

�We expect the tone to be extremely optimistic, with Blackberry touting some of the early (and debateable) success with its new smartphones, the Z10 and Q10,�
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 04:43 AM
    Instagram For Blackberry Announcement Might Be Imminent | Ubergizmo

This conference would be a great time to make such an announcement...
    05-14-13 04:46 AM
    Wow! Nokia is down nearly 5% in premarket trading.

Isn't today the launch of their new Lucia phone?
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 04:50 AM
    BlackBerry pours on glitz

"Chief executive Thorsten Heins will take the stage on Tuesday and is expected to deliver a keynote speech that could reveal a lower-priced version of its latest phone and some clues about whether the company plans to abandon tablet technology forever."
    "It's widely expected that Heins hopes to turn BlackBerry smart-phones into portable computers that work in conjunction with other devices - think bringing your smartphone into work and it linking with your monitor through Bluetooth technology. BlackBerry Live doubles as both a way to inform telecom executives and developers about the company's future as well as a way to impress them with flashy parties and famous people."
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 04:54 AM
    BlackBerry R10 and BlackBerry OS 10.1 launch: BlackBerry Live 2013 rumors | The Full Signal

"We already know that BlackBerry will be giving attendees a BlackBerry Z10*to check in and to develop for but look for BlackBerry to also have a few other tricks up its sleeves. We may see BlackBerry 10 comes to the BlackBerry PlayBook and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few high-profile apps being announced."
    05-14-13 05:07 AM

That is not good at all as Nokia is introducing new hardware.
    05-14-13 05:34 AM
    For European guys, the general keynote is @ 3PM in France (summer time) 2PM for others, here : BlackBerry Live 2013: Keynote Speakers

edited: thanks guys !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-14-13 at 06:41 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:41 AM
    Nokia Releases New Lumia Phone - WSJ.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:41 AM
    Well, I'm not sure it has any *real world* signification. sounds like the waggles are now the norm at launch. We might have to wait a couple of hours/days/weeks until "news" impact the stock ... wait and see (unless you want to trade, witch I don't).
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:43 AM
    I think they did a London launch and it may have happened already??? If it did happen, maybe it didn't go well like their last bizzare launch??
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:44 AM

Nokia launched in the UK at about 4:30 eastern Time. So its out of the gate already. Looks like the market is not so positive. I wonder how much of that negativity is based on a new top end smartphone being released, without new software? That's an android and WP issue.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:45 AM
    I think they did a London launch and it may have happened already??? If it did happen, maybe it didn't go well like their last bizzare launch??
    It did not go well lol.
    Skip to 3:30
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:46 AM
    It did not go well lol.
    My brother, your fast! Thanks
    I can't see the previous article though due to a pay wall. Can you post? Tks.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:48 AM
    It did not go well lol.
    Looks like gramma released the phone for them...bad image in just two seconds.

A lot of stuttering and stammering...looks very unprofessional.

Let's hope that Thor doesn't have any ogres at BlackBerry Live...lol
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-14-13 at 06:00 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:50 AM
    For European guys, the general keynote is @ 5PM, here : BlackBerry Live 2013: Keynote Speakers
    Isn't 9AM EST = 3PM in Europe, resp. 2PM in UK??
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-14-13 05:52 AM
    My brother, your fast! Thanks
    I can't see the previous article though due to a pay wall. Can you post? Tks.

Posted via CB10
    LONDON—Scrambling to catch U.S. and Asian rivals in the growing global smartphone market, Finnish mobile device-maker Nokia Corp. NOK1V.HE -3.13% on Tuesday launched another addition to its Lumia Windows phone lineup, emphasizing high-end camera features, wireless charging and use of lightweight components.

Nokia's Lumia 925, slated to go on sale in Europe and China next month, debuted at a London news conference following months of hype about the size, weight and features of a new Nokia Lumia device. The phone, which employs Microsoft Corp.'s MSFT +1.03% Windows software, will come with a €469 ($609) price tag in Europe and be available through Vodafone Group VOD.LN -0.87% PLC in Europe, China Mobile, China Unicom 0762.HK +0.88% and T-Mobile Inc. Pricing for non-Europe markets wasn't available.

The announcement follows two phone debuts last week—the Asha 501 for emerging markets like India and the Lumia 928 for U.S. buyers. Nokia is racing to keep pace with more popular offerings from Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE +1.56% Ltd and Apple Inc. AAPL +0.39%

During the news conference, Nokia executives said "we push camera technology like crazy" after showing off a device with an additional lens designed to better capture natural light and a so-called Smart Camera feature that captures multiple images at once. Executives also pointed out the use of aluminum in the device's construction, which will help lower its weight.

Nokia's launch comes the same day as a report showed that appetite for basic mobile phones fell during the first three months of 2013, and sales of smartphones rose by 43% compared with the first quarter a year ago, now representing essentially half of the global handset market.

Enlarge Image
    European Pressphoto Agency

An employee shows off Samsung's Galaxy S 4 smartphone during a launching ceremony in Almaty, Kazakhstan, in April.
    Related Coverage

France Weighs Smartphone Tax

The report—by research firm Gartner Inc. IT -1.31% —showed that 210 million smartphones were sold in the first quarter as demand for devices like Samsung's Galaxy S 4 and Apple's iPhone continued to grow. Sales of so-called feature phones, meanwhile, slipped 21% to 216 million, with soggy demand for low-end devices hurting a range of companies relying on sales of no-frills feature phones handsets, including Nokia. Gartner bases its report on sales to consumers, unlike some others that monitor sales to retail channels.

The rapid growth in the smartphone market during the initial months of 2013—fueled by demand in Asia—indicates sales of more sophisticated devices built around open operating systems such as Google Inc.'s GOOG -0.31% Android platform will soon represent the bulk of industry sales. During the first quarter, 49.3% of device sales were smartphones, up from 34.8% a year ago and 44% in the fourth quarter.

"Consumers in the Asia-Pacific who have used feature phones are now switching to smartphones, and that is driving the growth," Gartner principal research analyst Anshul Gupta said in an interview.

The move to smartphones is taking place as the global handset market appeared stagnant. In total, global handset sales rose 0.7% in the first quarter from a year earlier with Asian demand offsetting weakness in other regions.

"Local Asian brands like India's Micromax have increased their capabilities significantly and make quality smartphones selling at close to $80," Mr. Gupta said. "They have all the basic features such as the Android operating system, dual SIM cards and a large display, so those who have used $60-$70 feature phones are now really moving on."

Among the big global vendors, South Korea's Samsung kept the top spot as its share of the world-wide mobile phone market grew to 23.6% from 21.1%. Nokia remained second though its market share dropped to 14.8% from 19.7%, while Apple closed the gap a bit with a market share gain to 9% from 7.8%.

Gartner's data mirrors Nokia's first-quarter report last month, where the ailing company—once the world's dominant handset maker—posted a 21% decline in sales of basic mobile phones such as the Asha line. Sales of its Microsoft Windows-based Lumia smartphones, launched in an effort to fight back against Samsung and Apple in the high end, grew firmly but still made up just a fraction of its total shipments.

"Nokia is significantly hit by the decline in feature phones," Mr. Gupta said Tuesday. "Samsung has been aggressive in the smartphone market so its smartphone sales growth has compensated for its falling sales of feature phones. That's not the case for Nokia because its smartphone sales are growing only marginally."
    psy fi, bungaboy, Dapper37 and 2 others like this.
    05-14-13 05:53 AM
    I guess there's nothing new with this phone besides the better camera. Laim!
    My above comment on the old OS and new phone rings true to me. That a problem for vendors without their own OS.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 05:53 AM
113,256 ... 963964965966967 ...