View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Watching the Leafs / Boston game and a Z10 commercial just came on. A BlackBerry one. Well done BlackBerry. Well done.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy, Bugmapper and 1 others like this.
    05-13-13 08:43 PM
    Looks like CNBC will be covering the event live as well.
    Dont waist your time, last time I watched their coverage they cut to some BS right at the best part! Total waist of time.
    05-13-13 08:57 PM
    Wow, Bruins.
    rebekahlynnharrison and zyben like this.
    05-13-13 09:06 PM
    Wow, Bruins.
    Whew, glad that is over.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-13-13 09:07 PM
    Wow, Bruins.
    Quite an action packed game. Darling husband was in utter shock how the leafs went down.
    05-13-13 09:10 PM
    Dont waist your time, last time I watched their coverage they cut to some BS right at the best part! Total waist of time.
    Yeah, CNBC are a bunch of corcksucking arseholes...
    Dapper37, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    05-13-13 09:12 PM
    Quite an action packed game. Darling husband was in utter shock how the leafs went down.
    Did he actually expect them to win?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    take99 and Bigbacala like this.
    05-13-13 09:13 PM
    Sorry to my friends in TO, but that was just one of the most amazing comebacks in sports history. Just crazy.
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-13-13 09:16 PM
    Leafs are out, woo! I still want Boston to get knocked out next round however...
    take99, plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    05-13-13 09:16 PM
    05-13-13 09:18 PM
    Can't believe i scored the game winner...long bbry!!!!!!!!!
    05-13-13 09:21 PM
    #BBLive Woohoo! RT @alexkinsella: I just saw what's dropping in the #BBJam keynote tomorrow. Mind = Blown.

Tweet from Alex.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-13-13 09:43 PM
    #BBLive Woohoo! RT @alexkinsella: I just saw what's dropping in the #BBJam keynote tomorrow. Mind = Blown.

Tweet from Alex.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Let's hope so. We have been disappointed before, but I am really hoping they deliver tomorrow. Go BBRY!!!
    05-13-13 09:46 PM
    Any green day is a good day.

I'm not one to be a killjoy or interfere with the thrill of watching our BlackBerry shares/options appreciate in value. For what it's worth (and at the risk of being repetitive), I think this story is going to need time to unfold. I see many posters who wanted to see a good amount of movement to the upside today (preceding BB Live), want to see it tomorrow (when BB Live launches), and I'm sure want to see follow through while BB Live continues (through the end of Thursday), and probably hope to see continued movement or new movement in the days immediately following BB Live. When you consider that BB Live, according to BlackBerry, is for "enthusiasts, business leaders, IT decision makers, developers and partners," it is an event that effectively preaches to the BlackBerry choir, so to speak (most of us are in this wonderfully sonorous choir). Of course, some of the BB Live attendees will blog, vlog, make television appearances as subject-matter experts, etc., but aside from live coverage, it's going to some days for news organizations to manage and present the information flow that comes out of BB Live--and additional time for investors, analysts, portfolio managers, and other investment-firm resources to react. In other words, I see BB Live as BlackBerry's opportunity to pull back the curtain on all things related to BB10 and their new devices. Once people behold what's behind that curtain, they're going to need time to figure out what it all means--and then take action (which I hope means that they will buy BBRY products and/or invest in BBRY stock).

I think we can all agree that BBRY will in fact and indeed get through the $16.50, $17.80, or whatever sub-$20 price has been cited as a key resistance price. So if it doesn't do so tomorrow or Wednesday or any day in the next two weeks--that doesn't at all mean that it won't happen. (And if it doesn't happen as soon as some of us expect, you can be sure some troll posters will use that as an opportunity to taunt us.)

In addition, I read that some people on this forum bought options (calls) around the $16 or $16.50 strike. If those are May (monthly) expiration contracts then there are only 4 trading days left. If you buy $16 or $16.50 May calls you're dealing with a delta of .47 or .29, which is very unlikely to expire in your favor--and both contracts are out-of-the-money calls with a -0.04 theta, so you're going to fight time-value erosion as well. (An in-the-money $15.5 May call would have been a bit pricier but with a delta of .65, you have almost a 50% better chance of expiring in the money than the $16 May call.) I fully understand the allure of leverage in these contracts and I do hope that anyone who is long the May 16 or 16.50 calls ends up making money. My advice (if I may be so forward as to provide it) would be to place a limit order right away to sell-to-close your contracts just in case there is an intraday pop--then consider yourself lucky if you can get out without a loss. I personally feel it's too risky to expire worthless given that there are only 4 trading days left until May (monthly) expiration (the June 16's or 16.50's are a different story--there are 25 trading days until expiration remaining on those).

Ending on a good note: Remember that, before today's trading session, we had to break through two pennants to increase the likelihood of a run to the upside and possible squeeze. The good news is that we broke through the small pennant today--now we're heading for the longer pennant. I of course hope we have enough upward momentum to break through it in the next few trading sessions but it just might take more time than that. I hope no one here gets too disenchanted should the stock price move a bit more slowly than expected or anticipated--BBRY is still a damaged brand and needs to woo a lot of very skeptical people.
    Last edited by YangFui; 05-14-13 at 11:48 AM.
    05-13-13 10:27 PM
    Everybody go vote on these polls please.

Poll: Can new BlackBerry Q10 win back converts and retain loyalists?

Poll: Can new BlackBerry Q10 win back converts and retain loyalists? | TechRepublic
    First comment I see on there. I can't stand when people go off on tangents and haven't done any research beforehand. Embarassing.

Don't Know Why.....
    Knighthawk5193@... 17 minutes ago
    Blackberry has insisted on sticking with that God-awful keyboard! It sucked back then and it sucks now! Why can't they make a touch-screen type of phone?....is there something wrong with them that they think it's easy to respond to an e-mail or a text with these tiny buttons?...and do you think they know that sending a text or email with all kinds of "button-hit-errors" doesn't make you look professional at all!? I mean at what point do they FINALLY ditch that keyboard-attached-to-the-phone format? for GOOD! I worked for a company for almost 6 years, they tried the Blackberry for about a month, but with all the skewered email responses....and a few "lost keys"....it was just too much, they switched to Verizon and the phones were touch-screen, ad lot easier to manage and there were NEVER any lost keys! I'm not coming down hard on them because of being some kind of fanboy, but I honestly just think it's time for them to leave behind the Querty keyborad thing! Seriously! Show Less -
    05-13-13 10:29 PM
    Btw has anyone loaded the new leaked .1762 OS on their z10s? If not, I highly recommend to. The battery literally lasts forever now. It barely drains in standby mode. Getting a full day(24 hours) on a single charge. Whereas, before I would have to plug it in around 6pm. I'm really impressed.
    05-13-13 10:58 PM
    Btw has anyone loaded the new leaked .1762 OS on their z10s? If not, I highly recommend to. The battery literally lasts forever now. It barely drains in standby mode. Getting a full day(24 hours) on a single charge. Whereas, before I would have to plug it in around 6pm. I'm really impressed.
    I downloaded it two days ago but to my Mac not knowing that it has to be pc. Oh well. I've since decided to wait for the carrier release as it should be here soon..... i hope. I'm glad to hear more positive about it though. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 11:10 PM
    red light / green light ... ride this bull at the open. good luck to all. no turning back now. to infinity and beyond.
    05-13-13 11:27 PM
    red light / green light ... ride this bull at the open. good luck to all. no turning back now. to infinity and beyond.
    Dude are you bi-polar?
    05-13-13 11:35 PM
    I downloaded it two days ago but to my Mac not knowing that it has to be pc. Oh well. I've since decided to wait for the carrier release as it should be here soon..... i hope. I'm glad to hear more positive about it though. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    VMWare or Parallels and run Win7, or BootCamp; of course if you cannot wait.
    05-13-13 11:38 PM
    Yup - I have a couple hundred between 16.50 and 17 - need a rally tomorrow and Wed or else I'll be in the hole a few thousand even if the stock moves up (staying under $16.50)
    Dollar Cost Averaging my friend.

BB is up just over $16 (I'm up by $4).
    PS: BB is on TSE, BBRY is on Nasdaq/NYSE?
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-13-13 11:39 PM
    I think I heard his mom calling him home for bed?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 11:40 PM
    Let's hope so. We have been disappointed before, but I am really hoping they deliver tomorrow. Go BBRY!!!
    Yah exactly, based on the past it will be something we already know. .. like the r10. Please blow my mind this time, instead of my money!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-14-13 12:01 AM
    The pigskin is on the 1 yard line, the chicken is in the coop, Mario is on the flagpole, the balls in the hoop
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 12:06 AM
    Just came across this, and loved the headline.........

BlackBerry is on a roll

BLACKBERRY LIVE REPORT: So far CEO Thorsten Heins has delivered what he promised. At this week's conference attendees want to know what else is coming to help shore up the company

ORLANDO – Research In Motion officially opens its annual BlackBerry conference here today on a roll, having launched its Q10 smart phone with a physical keyboard in the past few weeks after a successful debut three months ago of its Z10 all-touch handset.
    This morning CEO Thorsten Heins is expected to rally the troops with talk of upcoming enhancements to the BlackBerry Enterprise Services 10 management suite and expand on the possibilities of using the BlackBerr10 operating system. Perhaps there will be details on more handsets for the BB10 line.

It’s been a satisfying few months for Heins, whose company has been on the edge for some time, losing customers and revenue. BB10, he has vowed, will turn things around not just because it is an operating system but because it can\be a platform for other mechanisms, like cars.

Yet the fact is we are still many months away from knowing for certain whether the new platform will stabilize the company. After all, the new handsets have only just come out and are still unavailable in some countries.
    Still, there are some rumblings of trouble. Financial analyst Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity says his firm’s latest monthly checks among retailers suggests U.S. demand for Z10 has “really slowed” from the initial rush. – although initial Q10 demand is strong.

He estimates the Z10 is selling between 20,000 and 30,000 handsets a week in the U.S., which is “pretty small” for the size of the market.

It’s the Q10, he believes, that will be BlackBerry’s driver in the enterprise among die-hard staffers who have to have a physical keyboard.

But its price to some is a barrier, so a lower-priced model – the rumoured R10 – may help budget-conscious organizations to buy.

To be a successful global handset supplier, he warned, a manufacturer has to have scale and do well in the U.S.

On the other hand, Yankee Group industry analyst Carl Howe casts a jaundiced eye on financial analyst and their smart phone numbers. Generally, he says, they have few scientific surveys. Samsung Electronics, he notes, doesn’t report shipments so all numbers have to be estimates.

He gives Heins high marks for delivering what he promised – to not release handsets until they are ready. Now, he says, the company has “a decent future.”

“Our call is BlackBerry will be (the) number three” handset maker, he added.

Last night Heins toured of the solutions centre, where partners of RIM (soon to be legally called BlackBerry) are showing off apps and services around the platform.

(Some showed more than apps. The National Hockey League brought along the Stanley Cup as it touted its NHL app for BlackBerry).

Understandably, for companies that have a financial interest in RIM’s success, they are hopeful if not confident that BB10 will be a winner.

BlackBerry is on a roll - Page 1 - Departmental and End User Computing

And for those of you who are already up and waiting for 9.00 am EST, Good Morning !
    05-14-13 12:07 AM
113,256 ... 962963964965966 ...