View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I read that whole paragraph.... full of errors. Not exactly good editing. It's almost like it was written in some other language and they used Google Translate. lol
    Written by BB_TraderFraudster, Bok Choi and Dude.
    05-13-13 03:29 PM
    G'night, looking forward to tomorrow's BB "show and tell" with Master Heinz, personally, I am not expecting much, more fluff marketing, no stats, etc. regardless, will be fun to trade on the momentum, long and short, covered my short position at $16.06, hopefully whoever, shorted / longed it will make some money off of it. Cash for the night
    05-13-13 03:29 PM
    I stopped reading here:
    "The Cupertino, California based Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) starts losing defense market share..."
    Wow I didn't even notice that. Good catch!
    05-13-13 03:32 PM
    For those of us looking to stream tomorrow's keynote...

BlackBerry Live 2013
    Looks like CNBC will be covering the event live as well.
    kfh227 likes this.
    05-13-13 03:41 PM
    Maybe I'll have that run too for the colour commentary... lol
    tygros and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-13-13 03:47 PM
    Well, every event has to have a side-show I guess.
    cjcampbell, spike12, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-13-13 03:48 PM
    I just had a vision of a bunch of us flying down there, showing up to their set dressed in ninja suits, and beating them senseless with inflatable baseball bats, live on air. Then leaving a "Revenge of the Stockberrians" card and disappearing into the crowd.

Sorry, it's been a long boring day. My mind is wandering.
    05-13-13 03:54 PM
    G'night, looking forward to tomorrow's BB "show and tell" with Master Heinz, personally, I am not expecting much, more fluff marketing, no stats, etc. regardless, will be fun to trade on the momentum, long and short, covered my short position at $16.06, hopefully whoever, shorted / longed it will make some money off of it. Cash for the night
    Super, I will base all my trading off your insight.
    05-13-13 04:01 PM
    Yes and no. They actually sent their crew to the Marriot in Miami. They will be live with breaking news tomorrow 'nobody lining up for bb live 2013, not even the CEO showed up!!'
    05-13-13 04:01 PM
    Super, I will base all my trading off your insight.
    I don't think he actually knows what this event is for. I don't even know why he's on this thread.
    05-13-13 04:08 PM
    Yes and no. They actually sent their crew to the Marriot in Miami. They will be live with breaking news tomorrow 'nobody lining up for bb live 2013, not even the CEO showed up!!'
    That is very good FREE publicity!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:10 PM
    That is very good FREE publicity!

Posted via CB10
    That's the great thing about this event. We'll get lots of publicity throughout the week. Nice!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-13-13 04:13 PM
    Well, we ended today in the green. I hope that there is something worth lifting us tomorrow.
    05-13-13 04:23 PM
    I still can't believe attendees will receive a Z10 tomorrow...

BlackBerry Live Mobile Experience, Sponsored by Brightstar:

This year's BlackBerry Live™ will give you our most mobile conference experience yet. Attendees will receive a BlackBerry� Z10 smartphone, courtesy of Brightstar, our premier mobile sponsor!

Your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone will be a valuable tool throughout BlackBerry Live. The Mobile Conference Guide application has been designed to leverage features unique to BlackBerry� 10, making it easy for you to:
    Build and edit your conference schedule in the Session Catalog while on the go
    Scan into breakout sessions using NFC functionality
    Interact with sponsors
    Complete conference surveys
    And more
    Quantities are limited! If you have any questions, find out more by reading through our FAQs.

BlackBerry Live 2013: Mobile Experience
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-13-13 04:37 PM
    Good interview here. Some snippets
    Verizon Enterprise Solutions chief: 'We build infrastructure at scale' - Network World

Today it's largely an iOS and Android world. Do you expect a third or fourth strong platform to emerge?

We're trying. We'd certainly like to see at least a third player. And it is yet to be determined if it will occur. We are aggressively supporting Microsoft and [BlackBerry], because those are the next two obvious guys. There are some other clouds on the horizon that may or may not come about, some different things that some of the OEMs are trying to do, but timing is tough. The next guy to break through after iOS -- i.e., Android -- there was a clear and obvious path into the market. We helped them with that because we didn't carry the Apple product at the time. So for me, as a matter of being able to compete effectively in the smart phone space, I needed it. [BlackBerry] had that opportunity. They were under the tent already. We were their largest seller in the world. I think [BlackBerry's] new OS is very good. I have a very large, really loyal base in the enterprise business, government, financial service, anywhere where data encryption and data security is important.

There's no love for Android in the enterprise.

You're right. If you think about it, Microsoft or [BlackBerry], either should have a natural path in. But the question is whether the inertia problem going to be too much for them to overcome. This body is definitely in motion. Android is tough. The guys at Google would say it's not really fragmented, but if you look at it from an enterprise perspective, it is challenging. And it's a proposition that is sort of tough for IT professionals to get comfortable with. iOS is much more monolithic, but they bring their own problems. Neither Google nor Apple is incredibly focused on the enterprise market. That leaves the door open. I think [BlackBerry] is certainly able to exploit that if they can, and will. We're very much behind the first device they're going to ship this summer. I think the qwerty keyboard, the physical keyboard device, is pretty important for them.

People still love that.

They really do. I think you'll see a strong thrust, but the market is going to determine successors here.

So your goal is to change the comfort level?

Yes, sure. You've got to replicate to a degree the functionality and the environment that was offered and supported internally. I also have to care for a range of scenarios here. Private data center, private cloud, fully public, and everything on that continuum. How can I create a model that is flexible enough that I can really move in? I can go in as opposed to it's always coming out.

You're talking a virtual private cloud type thing?

Sure.

The Internet of things. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt says it will add trillions of dollars in value to our GDP. How big a business is it today for Verizon Enterprise and where do you see it going?
    05-13-13 04:38 PM
    Use "Classic Shell" free download and makes fugly Windows 8 look just like Windows 7. I have it on 2 new machines. It works great. No need to downgrade the OS to Windows 7 with this shell.

Welcome to Classic Shell
    Here is a screen shot of my Windows 8 laptop with the Classic Shell overlay. It is great for us old gaffers who are set in our ways who "know what we like and like what we know" LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-win-8-scrn.jpg
    Last edited by bungaboy; 05-13-13 at 05:19 PM.
    05-13-13 04:42 PM
    I still can't believe attendees will receive a Z10 tomorrow...

BlackBerry Live Mobile Experience, Sponsored by Brightstar:

This year's BlackBerry Live™ will give you our most mobile conference experience yet. Attendees will receive a BlackBerry� Z10 smartphone, courtesy of Brightstar, our premier mobile sponsor!

Your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone will be a valuable tool throughout BlackBerry Live. The Mobile Conference Guide application has been designed to leverage features unique to BlackBerry� 10, making it easy for you to:
    Build and edit your conference schedule in the Session Catalog while on the go
    Scan into breakout sessions using NFC functionality
    Interact with sponsors
    Complete conference surveys
    And more
    Quantities are limited! If you have any questions, find out more by reading through our FAQs.

BlackBerry Live 2013: Mobile Experience
    It sounds like attendees will be using the phones interactively throughout the conference events. I just hope that they have some new features from BES that are demonstrated well.

Best of luck tomorrow everybody.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-13-13 at 04:56 PM.
    lcjr, fedakd, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-13-13 04:42 PM
    I heard the WP Central guys talk about a windows event in which you accessed the conference using a NFC based app provided by the hosts. I believe they did not find this special lineup for attendees with this app materially faster than the regular lineup in which you showed your passport for entry.
    05-13-13 04:52 PM
    This is exactly how the shorts will act after they read next Q's ER!

Start at 0:25
    05-13-13 04:55 PM
    Here is a screen shot of my Windows 8 laptop with Classis Shell overlay. It is great for us old gaffers who are set in our ways who "know what we like and like what we know" LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win 8 scrn.jpg 
Views:	1435 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	161226
    Yep, after I installed Windows 8 on my laptop I used the desktop mode until I finally reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate. Windows 8 had to many bugs for my Toshiba.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-13-13 05:01 PM

Edit....we got em here in Canada too.
    Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    05-13-13 05:18 PM
    Here is a screen shot of my Windows 8 laptop with Classis Shell overlay. It is great for us old gaffers who are set in our ways who "know what we like and like what we know" LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win 8 scrn.jpg 
Views:	1435 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	161226
    ahhhhh.... soooooo much better. Now I should be able to navigate and use this damned thing. Thanks again bud. I appreciate it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 05:19 PM
    When checking the basic stock quote page I found I was able to see the full list of "player names" if I checked US listed companies. Or maybe it's just not available for BB.TSX. Will have to check further.
    Yep, BB tsx doesn't show. That's the one I buy in my RBC acct. In my darling husband's he's got more USD, so instead of converting and losing that dang percentage in conversion, we do the BBRY in his (TD acct).
    MrBurns2U likes this.
    05-13-13 05:20 PM
    Well, every event has to have a side-show I guess.
    They're just looking for negative fodder. lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 05:22 PM
    killer competition . . . . . . well, not really.

This thread is located at:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/htc-o...8469/new-post/

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    I just got my HTC one in the mail today from Rogers...
    The camera lens on the back is cracked. So whoever said the lens on the back of the camera phone is weak is apparently right.. I'M SO ANNOYED!

Also, the phone is not sealed properly. The unit I have has the same defects as those who reported the screen not sitting flush. Also, the housing is not flush.

I guess I have to send it back...
    lcjr likes this.
    05-13-13 05:26 PM
113,256 ... 960961962963964 ...