View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Am I the only person here that is really creeped out by greggebhardt's avatar? I mean, I like cats and everything but I can't take my eyes off that one for fear it will do something to me!
    I'm allergic so there's that
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-13-13 02:11 PM
    I think we are starting small dip here
    05-13-13 02:12 PM
    The best parts of your comments are regarding "showing real numbers/facts". When in the last 8 months have the bears/shorts provided ANYTHING of fact? Yet they claim their side tells the whole story?

You were wrong on Thursday, very wrong on Friday, are we going for 3 for 3? Regardless even if a close of $15.99, I'm sure you'll be claiming you were correct anyway.
    He was wrong today, so far, as well.... Shocking.

fraudstreettrader � 17 hours ago

OMG!!! Futures are down huge pre-market. This pos stock is going to plunge on Monday, just when I thought BB was going to rally.

This is exactly why you do not hold investments overnight! Well done Fraud Street! Oil and Nat Gas are down too. Good luck all, you too RIMTARDS and CRACKBERRYTARDS and STOCKHOUSETARDS. Cheers, F$T
    05-13-13 02:15 PM
    When will the TSLA rocket run out of fuel?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-13-13 02:24 PM
    . Since the April 2011 launch, BlackBerry management has reported to have shipped about 2.25 million devices (through the February 2013 quarter), which also means that the company has proven itself will- ing to continue to ship products from its own inventory years after production had been halted (and it could have enough PlayBooks still on hand to keep shipping out old inventory for another year or so).
    Well this last part is BS as it is impossible since many months to buy a new WIFI Playbook at any major retailer. You would be lucky to find one at a used/overstock place like Tigerdirect. Amazon.com - yes - but again sold by overstock companies through Amazon. So for Blackberry itself they have already sold all their WIFI Playbooks months and months ago. Now, the 4G version is available - at least in Canada - only through Carrier stores like Rogers and Bell. You can't just buy one off the shelf, you have to buy it with a contract.

Anyone out there can check local stores to see this is reality.... so I would question anything and everything in this article.
    05-13-13 02:24 PM
    Final 15 before tomorrow's event. Up, down, or sideways?
    05-13-13 02:45 PM
    Final 15 before tomorrow's event. Up, down, or sideways?
    $15.82 USD BBRY. Done. No clue but its as good a guess as any.

EDIT: I suck, it closed at $15.88
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and q649 like this.
    05-13-13 02:52 PM
    I think we get back above $15.90 - specifically $15.93
    05-13-13 02:54 PM
    I AM IN AT $15.866
    lcjr, OMGitworks and MrBurns2U like this.
    05-13-13 02:55 PM
    I AM IN AT $15.866
    haha... nice man. Couldn't miss out on the opportunity that is tomorrow eh?
    05-13-13 02:57 PM
    haha... nice man. Couldn't miss out on the opportunity that is tomorrow eh?
    I am greedy.

Now that you have rested, beat the **** out of that Cow Bell for me!

Thanks!

I lost $39 today!
    05-13-13 02:59 PM
    When will the TSLA rocket run out of fuel?
    I can't believe they've gone up even higher. Now they're at $87.23!
    CDM76 and MoolahMitch like this.
    For those of us looking to stream tomorrow's keynote...

BlackBerry Live 2013
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    I am greedy.

Now that you have rested, beat the **** out of that Cow Bell for me!

Thanks!

I lost $39 today!
    A whole $39 eh? Awe pumpkin. Hopefully we can get you an extra $40 tomorrow....
    05-13-13 03:02 PM
    05-13-13 03:04 PM
    For those of us looking to stream tomorrow's keynote...

BlackBerry Live 2013
    Yup, live webcast at 9AM, nice and early!
    05-13-13 03:05 PM
    RBC Level 2 if you can access it is found in the Overview Tab a few spaces down from the Quote Details. Hope that helps.

That's fantastic. Thanks yet again. I'm just a small blip on the radar when it comes to amount in my account so not sure if I'd be able to access that but I'll look deeper and see. There's lots of area's I haven't visited on the RBC site out of sheer ignorance of not knowing what they mean or do.

As always, myself and others look forward to reading what you post. Always educational, informative, and helpful.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    05-13-13 03:05 PM
    You guys need to stop setting yourselves up for disappointment. They probably won't release hard numbers tomorrow. BB Live is about products, services, and their strategic vision. Thor doesn't care what happens to your stock price between now and June, and you shouldn't neither - he is working on a 5-10 years timeframe. Invest in this company for the long term, sit back and ride the biggest comeback of the decade.
    Exactly. When I stated I'm hoping for good news this week, I'm referring to news relating to technology and getting updated information on the direction the company is going. I really doubt any "numbers" will be released as this is not the venue for that. I want to see/hear the demos they'll have and the mini-conferences they'll have throughout the week. I really want to know what they'll discuss during Government day. Things like that are good for us too, not just hard facts...
    05-13-13 03:07 PM
    I gave it a break earlier as I was trying to get this damned new computer and Windows8 figured out (still haven't. I'm NOT a fan!!). Banging this thing helps with the frustration. ahaha
    Use "Classic Shell" free download and makes fugly Windows 8 look just like Windows 7. I have it on 2 new machines. It works great. No need to downgrade the OS to Windows 7 with this shell.

Welcome to Classic Shell
    05-13-13 03:09 PM
    I stopped reading here:
    "The Cupertino, California based Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) starts losing defense market share..."
    rarsen, take99, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    05-13-13 03:11 PM
    I stopped reading here:
    "The Cupertino, California based Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) starts losing defense market share..."
    Nice to see that junk like this is not affecting the SP. People are starting to wake up

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    05-13-13 03:16 PM
    Expanding on a post I made earlier. This is encouraging

Ahead of BBLive, Macadamian building more BlackBerry apps

Canadian software firm Macadamian Technologies has pushed forward its pace for developing BlackBerry apps by 85 per cent, building a new app for the BB 10 operating system every two weeks since the BlackBerry Z10 came out at the end of January.

The 200-strong company out of Gatineau, Que., also creates software for Apple iOS and Android, but CEO Fr�d�ric Boulanger asked 50 of his employees to work exclusively on BlackBerry 10 apps. The company has now developed about seven apps for BB10.

“Building natively allows us to create that experience that will fit like a glove,” said Boulanger, speaking by phone from the BlackBerry Live conference in Orlando, FL. “When you do a straight port, forget about taking advantage of what the platform you’re porting to has to offer that is unique.”

“BlackBerry has a huge user base that is active, that is engaged. For those brands that are looking to add customers to their applications because it’s all about user acquisitions, there’s a great play there for them on the BlackBerry platform, a great play.”

One of their more popular offerings has been for the male-geared publication Maxim Magazine, a video-heavy app native to BlackBerry 10 that features content in tech, cars, entertainment, sports, the military, funny videos and of course, attractive women. While Maxim does have two apps available for Apple’s iOS, they aren’t as focused on videos as their Macadamian and BlackBerry counterpart.

The free app also netted a “Built for BlackBerry” rating, meaning it passed the company’s vetting process and scored high marks in user experience, benefits, performance, security and service integration. Released in April, so far the app has been downloaded 34,000 times and has received a four-and-a-half star user rating.

BlackBerry also just commissioned Macadamian to create an app that will be a template for other developers to use when they build apps around events. Macadamian’s app is slated to pin users’ real-time locations to their social posts, and it has been designed with events like music festivals in mind.

Macadamian will be presenting a number of sessions on how easy it is for developers to build native apps for BlackBerry 10 this week during BlackBerry Live 2013, Boulanger said. Macadamian also developed the official app for the conference.

In March, BlackBerry announced it had reached the 100,000 mark for apps launched for the BlackBerry 10 OS, although 40 per cent of those apps were ported over from Android. By comparison, Apple and Android each have more than 700,000 apps.

For more BlackBerry-related news, IT World Canada’s Howard Solomon is at the BlackBerry Live conference from May 14 to 16 in Orlando, FL. Follow him on Twitter at @HowardITWC or see his work here at IT World Canada for updates.
    05-13-13 03:18 PM
    I stopped reading here:
    I read that whole paragraph.... full of errors. Not exactly good editing. It's almost like it was written in some other language and they used Google Translate. lol
    05-13-13 03:19 PM
    When checking the basic stock quote page I found I was able to see the full list of "player names" if I checked US listed companies. Or maybe it's just not available for BB.TSX. Will have to check further.

Streaming level 2 quotes are thru the dashboard tab in the trade hub part of RBC direct invest.
    The level 2 quotes on the basic stock quote page does not show streaming orders.
    The stream level 2 on the dashboard are minus the 'player names' lol, but does help immensely.
    ie: if the orders are much more on one side or the other, lets you know that there's a better price to be had (buy/sell wise)
    That has helped me many times in my buying so I can get in on the best low for my target range.
    05-13-13 03:22 PM
    My energy portfolio lost $800 today.

My BB shares made me ~$2,700 today.

BB is high test premium!
    05-13-13 03:23 PM
113,250 ... 959960961962963 ...