View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey Morgan

I would like to thank you for all the great information you have provided in this thread. I was wondering how the channel is looking for today? I am looking to double down on my position but I'm thinking using the 5 dma as an indicator that this is probably not the time to add to my position.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your kind words, I'll try to help you out here.

Here is the latest chart on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-13-2013-chart.jpg

This rally has a little more going for it versus other ones, ... so far! It gapped up, above the highs of Thursday and Friday of last week at $ 15.68/shr and never came back to touch that high again. That is bullish so far. Then, it rallied without much effort to a nice intraday high and backed off, which is fine. Now, we are sitting just under a slight resistance area at $ 16.00/shr and on very light volume, we are basing to break through that number. I drew in what I thought is our ascending channel (green) for this rally and it projects to the $ 17.50/shr as our target. I think that today is going to set us up for a crazy day tomorrow and it would be extremely bullish of we can close above $ 16.00/shr today. I see a line drawn from the recent highs down to $ 16.00 and that is holding us back from our first true test which is the recent end of April high of $ 16.59/shr. We haven't been able to close above past highs and to break this pattern and close above $ 16.59/shr sets us up for a resumption of the rally.

While I don't believe in short squeezes anytime soon, when that happens, the gains will be huge. To get to a short squeeze would take solid sales numbers and they probably occur in June/July. So I see us rallying to the $ 17.50/shr area this time around. This doesn't give you much room to trade so you would have to wait to see confirmation of the move up which is really around $ 16.59/shr before you would buy more stock or you can buy on the 5-dma and get in that way. Unfortunately for all of us, news tomorrow will get in the way of the TA and we won't get much of a chance to buy into the trade. If it looks like we can close above $ 16.00/shr today, that would be your best signal to buy before the news. The point being it is really difficult here to find an entry point. I'll watch the stock for a bit and see if there is somewhere to enter late this afternoon. You can do what I like to do in this type of situation and that's to sell naked Put and entre the trade at lower levels or keep the cash.

One thing that is occurring at the moment is a controlled drop in the price of the stock over the last 1 1/2 hours, it projects us down to the lows of the day around the $ 15.70/shr area. If we continue to slide here, that would be an area to buy the stock. At some point, it will pop and do some damage to this drifting pattern. Worth watching to see if we can drop back some more. I think a drop below $ 15.80/shr will set you up for a better purchase so watch for that.

Good luck!
    cjcampbell, INTz, aulexis and 22 others like this.
    05-13-13 11:05 AM
    May BBRY take off like a ROCKET! (stay calm as it may be tomorrow)
    It's about time. lol Geez, the BB event had better do something positive for us.
    05-13-13 11:09 AM
    Darn...up a bit and now just a slow fall until something lifts us or sinks us.
    05-13-13 11:12 AM
    Well, as we go into the mid-day trading lull, here is a video that every Canadian and/or David Bowie fan needs to see. Brings a tear to my eye (both eyes actually) considering I am both Canadian and a Bowie fan. Possibly the first music video recorded in space by the Canadian commander of the ISS. And its actually pretty good.

Space Oddity - YouTube
    Thanks, just watched and all I can say is WOW!

Excellent to say the least!
    05-13-13 11:13 AM
    Just added a few more shares at $15.78
    05-13-13 11:14 AM
    One thing that is occurring at the moment is a controlled drop in the price of the stock over the last 1 1/2 hours, it projects us down to the lows of the day around the $ 15.70/shr area. If we continue to slide here, that would be an area to buy the stock. At some point, it will pop and do some damage to this drifting pattern. Worth watching to see if we can drop back some more. I think a drop below $ 15.80/shr will set you up for a better purchase so watch for that.

Good luck!
    I hope you are right, I am watching very closely!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-13-13 11:16 AM
    I think we're going to hit $15.55-$15.60 and close the gap we made this morning and then rally up from there.
    05-13-13 11:17 AM
    Anyone knows that what time is Conference starting in Fl!
    05-13-13 11:19 AM
    I believe it's starts at 9am
    05-13-13 11:21 AM
    9am et
    05-13-13 11:22 AM
    Thank You very much Morgan. Once again I appreciate the information. GL everyone.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    05-13-13 11:24 AM
    **** this, I bought some more at $15.90

Hope it goes up up and above.
    **** = Love?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 11:27 AM
    Nope, not really. My trading account has limited funds and I (somehow stupidly) doubled my position.

If this goes down too much, I might cry a little bit on the inside.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 11:29 AM
    Nope, not really. My trading account has limited funds and I (somehow stupidly) doubled my position.

You should make it up tomorrow.
    new_me222 likes this.
    05-13-13 11:32 AM

It's one day before what could be great news. Don't fret over a small pullback today.
    new_me222 likes this.
    05-13-13 11:32 AM

You're basically taking a 50/50 gamble for the next month or so.
    It's either going to drop again or rally. But at earnings in June, if good news comes, it wouldn't really matter if bought today or another day that it is lower. It will likely break up to 52 weeks high. If it's mediocre news, then we'll be kicking around at these levels still.
    new_me222 likes this.
    05-13-13 11:33 AM
    I don't think he will be able to elegantly introduce Playbook 2 and not have spinsters attack him..
    That's a very select group if they do attack. Spinster: A spinster, or old maid, is an older, childless woman who has never been married.
    05-13-13 11:35 AM
    That's a very select group if they do attack. Spinster: A spinster, or old maid, is an older, childless woman who has never been married.
    We might be on something here.
    05-13-13 11:38 AM
    BlackBerry Live Registration Pricing & Packages

BlackBerry Live 2013: Registration Pricing & Packages

BlackBerry Live 2013: Keynote Speakers ... I only care what Heinz has to say.

what time does he speak and what is the webcast link.
    05-13-13 11:43 AM
    05-13-13 11:44 AM

You could look it up on those links since you took the time to find the links and post them on here.
    05-13-13 11:45 AM

I think after he opens up the event he'll be speaking several times throughout the week. The event has things going each day and even has a Government Day to boot. There should be many opportunities to bring out good news.
    05-13-13 11:52 AM
    Research In Motion (NASDAQ:BBRY) Bull Rush Continues

Up nearly 35% in 2013 alone, Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has earned the attention of bullish call speculators. With some notable exceptions, the options crowd has been largely devoted to the bullish cause of late. During the last 10 trading days alone, nearly 188,000 BBRY calls have been purchased to open on the International Securities Exchange (ISE), Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), and NASDAQ OMX PHLX (PHLX), compared to just over 57,700 puts.

The corresponding 10-day call/put volume ratio of 3.26 stands in the 94th annual percentile. In other words, Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) long calls have only been in greater demand 6% of the time during the past year.

This trend has continued into today's trading, with BBRY shares up 2.5% to $15.93. Roughly two hours into the session, about 55,000 calls have traded hands, representing a 64% markup to what is typically seen in intraday trading. By contrast, just 20,000 puts have traded, 15% fewer contracts than average.

Eight of the 10 most active BBRY strikes are on the call side, and six of these call options are in the May series, which expires this Friday. Taking the top slot is the out-of-the-money May 16 call, where the majority of the 11,500 contracts trading have gone off at the ask price. Given the 6.8-percentage-point pop in implied volatility at this strike, it is likely that much of this volume is being purchased to open. Also popular is the May 17 call, where more than 8,500 contracts have traded, a healthy amount off the ask price. (Implied volatility has advanced on this front-month option as well.)

These long call purchases express the belief on the part of the buyers that Research In Motion Ltd will continue to press higher through the remainder of the week. Breakeven at expiration for the May 16 call is $16.47 (strike price plus the volume-weighted average price [VWAP] of $0.47), and $17.13 for the higher-strike option (based on its VWAP of $0.13). Delta on the positions stands, respectively, at 0.47 (up from 0.37 on Friday) and 0.16 (up from 0.15). Those scooping up the 16-strike calls today, therefore, have approximately a 1-in-2 chance of seeing their options settle in the money at Friday's close (all other factors being equal).

Today's call buying may have been inspired by a cautiously optimistic article in Barron's, which discussed the company's plans to tackle the corporate software market.
    05-13-13 11:57 AM
    i tried to find the links i wanted, not set up in "make it simple stupid" format, perhaps "they" don't want to make it easy for the markets watch. i may look for it later, too busy swing trading right now. i thought i read he was speaking at 11am on tuesday, maybe it was 1pm, but pretty sure it was 11am. fyi, cnbc just slammed going long on bb, for what it is worth.
    05-13-13 12:00 PM
    I hope you are right, I am watching very closely!
    We did the walk down to $ 15.75/shr, I don't know why I did it, but I purchased some more, like I need more! Ha! I got some at $ 15.77/shr and we have since double bottomed at that price and moved above $ 15.80/shr. I have an order in for more just below $ 15.80/shr as the downward trend broke to the upside at noon. I really don't need more of this stock but I think tomorrow will be interesting. The likelihood of a drop to the lows is much less now that the trend has turned neutral. I'm still looking for a trade to $ 16.00/shr before this day is out. If you follow Level II, we are neutral with a slight bias toward the downside but I believe this will change. Just my thoughts and my purchases so far. GL
    05-13-13 12:00 PM
113,256 ... 956957958959960 ...