View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There is a BBM outage in the Asia Pacific region. I hope it is fixed before Monday morning. We don't want the bears using it to drive the stock down and kill the momentum going into BB Live.

Is BBM down for you in Asia Pacific? | CrackBerry.com

Update: per the latest comments on the article linked above, the BBM service is being restored. Kudos to BlackBerry for being quick in resolving this issue.
    Last edited by Tech Consultant; 05-12-13 at 02:15 PM.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-12-13 12:42 PM
    Q

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:04 PM
    From a Scotiabank analyst report from Gus Papageorgiou:

When Thorsten talks about mobile computing, we believe this is the beginning of that vision. Imagine a Citrix client that resides in the Secure Work Space. Using the secure BlackBerry connection to corporate Citrix servers, attaching a monitor to the
    HDMI port, and connecting a wireless mouse and keyboard via Bluetooth, employees can now run a full (Windows) desktop environment from their BlackBerry 10 device. Secure Work Space will be available in mid-June.
    Yep, that's disruptive technology, and when successful, they are some of the BEST investments!
    05-12-13 02:04 PM
    There is a BBM outage in the Asia Pacific region. I hope it is fixed before Monday morning. We don't want the bears using it to drive the stock down and kill the momentum going into BB Live.

It's back up. Was only down for an hour or two. Good thing it didnt happen on a trading day though. I'm actually kind of impressed that there hasn't been more outages. Deploying a brand new OS will undoubtedly create some issues.
    05-12-13 02:06 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000019.png
    Shanerredflag, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 02:07 PM

Update: per the latest comments on the article linked above, the BBM service is being restored. Kudos to BlackBerry for being quick in resolving this issue.
    I've heard it was a maintenance thing. I'm somewhat believing that when taking into account the time of day that it was disrupted.

Posted via CB10
    Tech Consultant and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 02:29 PM

Man, what's with all these GD service disruptions?

I suppose, it could mean a dip on Monday so I can scoop some more.
    05-12-13 02:36 PM
    I don't know if this has been answered already. But, why doesn't Blackberry sell their phones outright off their website like Apple? I know the carriers probably wouldn't like it, but if Apple can get away with it then Blackberry should be able to too.

I keep seeing threads pop of how people can't buy the z10 or q10 outright from carriers bc they are refusing to sell without a contract.
    05-12-13 03:02 PM
    I don't know if this has been answered already. But, why doesn't Blackberry sell their phones outright off their website like Apple? I know the carriers probably wouldn't like it, but if Apple can get away with it then Blackberry should be able to too.

I keep seeing threads pop of how people can't buy the z10 or q10 outright from carriers bc they are refusing to sell without a contract.

Perhaps when they get some more market share. Right now I'm thinking that they just want to get as much support as they can.
    05-12-13 03:04 PM
    So I just tried the Q10. For a while I was considering getting it as well as my Z but not anymore. As good as the keyboard is on it, I have fallen in love with this virtual one and the gestures seem more natural when you can utilize the entire front surface of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 03:30 PM

Could also be to grease the palms of the carriers a little. I have no trouble buying a phone outright.
    05-12-13 03:37 PM
    Yeah, all 2 of them.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lol I'm a mom first and foremost. Trading comes second always!
    If there' another mom on the thread, speak up....this is a great place. TY to everyone for their continued
    and most valuable input!!! Although at times I have to read, re-read some of the technical, I'm striving to learn and understand.
    That said, everyone has their gifts. My darling husband who works as a mechanical engineer (I can't for the life of me
    understand anything he does), but I know that he'd be challenged to design and sew women and children's clothing (my specialty).
    A long winded response to.....TY for all your posts that continue to challenge me to the core. lol
    05-12-13 03:41 PM
    Lewis Hamilton interview via bing translate

You can see photos with the q10 at the link

Lewis Hamilton nos cuenta en exclusiva c�mo usa su BlackBerry

We are in the motorhome of the team AMG Mercedes Petronas F1 with the BlackBerry. To put you in a situation is a hotel of luxury, but luxury of truth, no half-measures. It is a structure that is removed in all races and emerges as a mechanism of the future of two giant buses. The result is a place where you would like to stay to live. Leather, design, excessive cleaning, terrace chill out plan over. Doors with opaque bezels, hinges metallization freshly polished. Mathematically dressed staff and natural lighting combined with LEDs. More. Level F1 which is said at the scene. "A and 18 comes Mr Lewis." A member of the team reports.

We are on the first floor, above the area chillout Lewis attends official photographers of the F1 without lowering the smile. We savored while a tonic with Xavi Mart�nez and Astrit Fern�ndez, BlackBerry Spain, as well as with Olivier Pilgerstorfer, head of communications for the firm for Europe. In the environment there are some nerves, but I'm not, I must admit. The experience makes me know that these types are very normal if they don't have a steering wheel in their hands. There is silence, it is Thursday afternoon, Formula 1 sleeps. Engines don't roar. If you know the F1 it seems that you are missing something. In some ways is a privileged view of that world.

In the upper staircase there is noise. Someone low. Four members of the team are, two front, low Lewis among them. Before his man of trust reads it something from the car to the ear, but it says it is so close and so under that can not hear anything. Lewis looks at us and smiling. At the end of his tattooed arm, wear your new BlackBerry Q10. He greets us with a handshake of Gladiator. It is strong, much. Let's go for the interview. We are the only Spanish means that has been able to speak with him about technology. We have five minutes.

How do you use technology in your day to day?

The technology is everything for me, is part of everything I do both personal and professionally within the Mercedes team. For me it is necessary to always be in contact with everyone wherever you are, so when it comes to mobile, not I separated from him.

Many mobile have?

I have three phone numbers, one of the United Kingdom, another of Monaco and other United States. That way I'm always connected and you can always reach me people's confidence as well as the team.

And for the BlackBerry?

BlackBerry was my first mobile and I still use it because I like to. I have tried other products in the market, but they are more to play, as consoles. For me it is key to the BlackBerry e-mail system, is very professional and safe. In a more personal setting BBM voice and video are for my keys when talking about with my family. Also has the function of sharing the desktop, something that I recommend and that is very versatile.

Out of BlackBerry services use?

In addition to BBM you mentioned before I like to be connected in social networks, much use Twitter and Facebook. Then I teach you some beautiful pictures of my dog, is called Rosco, and a lovable Bulldog.

Is there anything else you want to comment?

I love of the camera features of the BlackBerry, especially the Time Shift with which you can adjust the picture and choose best making a face, it is perfect to be able to make good pictures of people, something that is not always easy.

Lewis since you talk about photos, many photos you do a day?

I don't know, many, look. Lewis does not teach your dog photos, beautiful by the way, is more than happy with it.

Without realizing a high type, strong and exquisitely dressed with the colors of the team Mercedes tells me. "It just the time Lord". Lewis fired very kindly, firm handshake, and is lost in the luxurious motorhome of the team. Fast man will be, the metaphor of the Formula 1 continues on its way.
    05-12-13 04:33 PM
    Hey everyone!

I got an update to make. Over the weekend, alot of top traders have posted on stocktwits declaring their bullish sentiment and how they are watching BBRY. To me this is a good sign, not only does this show a change in sentiment, but it also implies that we may actually generate the volume needed to officially break out.

All the best next week!

Alex
    05-12-13 04:51 PM
    Hey everyone!

I got an update to make. Over the weekend, alot of top traders have posted on stocktwits declaring their bullish sentiment and how they are watching BBRY. To me this is a good sign, not only does this show a change in sentiment, but it also implies that we may actually generate the volume needed to officially break out.

All the best next week!

Alex
    Yeah, that's great news. Thanks for sharing. All the best next week.
    05-12-13 05:05 PM
    Have a look at this guy's analysis...BBRY analysis starts at 9:01...

Basically, he sees the stock getting ready to break out if it can get past $16.50.... launching it past the $18 and then $25...

Last Chip Standing: MOMO Stocks Review - 5/12/2013

I'm putting down some heavy coin tomorrow.
    bungaboy, matthewriedle and zyben like this.
    05-12-13 05:28 PM
    What is considered "heavy coin" to you?
    05-12-13 05:35 PM
    Have a look at this guy's analysis...BBRY analysis starts at 9:01...

Basically, he sees the stock getting ready to break out if it can get past $16.50.... launching it past the $18 and then $25...

Last Chip Standing: MOMO Stocks Review - 5/12/2013

I'm putting down some heavy coin tomorrow.
    I'm putting down all I can afford, which isn't alot mind you. Are you thinking we'll have the 10:30 dip or not? Others are suggesting we may not have one and the SP is going up starting in the morning. Your thoughts?
    05-12-13 05:39 PM
    Charles is a big time roller or heavy hitter.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 05:40 PM
    It looks like we're getting harder to take down...

BlackBerry Week In Review: Bears Take An Unsuccessful Swipe - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 05:40 PM
    I'm hoping the SP goes over the $18 mark after next week, that way when the June ER comes out the squeeze can go higher.
    05-12-13 05:43 PM
    Oh, in light of all the new happenings with BBRY, I've adjusted my plan accordingly. I'm no longer going to sell at $18, but rather keep adding as I can until this blast hits. Not a matter of if, but when.
    05-12-13 05:46 PM
    I'm at 12 now and am going to 25 tomorrow.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 05:46 PM
    Oh, in light of all the new happenings with BBRY, I've adjusted my plan accordingly. I'm no longer going to sell at $18, but rather keep adding as I can until this blast hits. Not a matter of if, but when.
    Yeah, it's looking very good for us this year.
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    05-12-13 05:47 PM
    Charles is a big time roller or heavy hitter.
    Nah, I wouldn't say that.

Our friend, Former CEO and World Traveller is the big time roller. I think he bought 90,000 shares a couple of months back.
    05-12-13 05:49 PM
113,250 ... 948949950951952 ...