View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Agree...I'm thinking up is theme till at least Tuesday afternoon...volume should tell the story and indicate what to expect.

I hope we hear something groundbreaking but I won't he disappointed if we don't... this thread is ahead of the curve and I'm happy waiting for ER.

Coors Light and some family time with a bbq and fire

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Freakin snowing here! Enjoy your BBQ.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-11-13 10:35 PM
    Interesting session for developers at bblive this week, from the cb article

JAM34: “Automotive 101: The Automotive Market for Developers” BlackBerry has previously announced QNX concept cars but not much has really come of them to the everyday developer. Here we might find some deeper integration of BlackBerry 10 into the automotive world. This could lead to some really exciting integration between your smartphone and car and/or an entirely new market for BlackBerry 10 developers to tap into.
    05-11-13 10:36 PM
    What?!? Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hardly ever snows here in hell.
    05-11-13 10:38 PM
    Interesting session for developers at bblive this week, from the cb article

JAM34: “Automotive 101: The Automotive Market for Developers” BlackBerry has previously announced QNX concept cars but not much has really come of them to the everyday developer. Here we might find some deeper integration of BlackBerry 10 into the automotive world. This could lead to some really exciting integration between your smartphone and car and/or an entirely new market for BlackBerry 10 developers to tap into.
    Sounds interesting. Can you give some examples of how we as consumers could use QNX with our cars?
    05-11-13 10:39 PM
    Sorry...we were living the dream two weeks ago with a few inches...27 today and 31 tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-11-13 11:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:08 PM
    Go on, what are you thinking?
    Shane is right. Monday will be green, and Tuesday afternoon too. After that, hopefully, more green.
    Coincidentally, they will probably be laying the new lawn in front of my new home. And my gut feeling tells me that the lawn will be green too
    05-11-13 11:11 PM
    Shane is right. Monday will be green, and Tuesday afternoon too. After that, hopefully, more green.
    Coincidentally, they will probably be laying the new lawn in front of my new home. And my gut feeling tells me that the lawn will be green too
    Lol...I'm not qualified but.

I see green in front of your home too

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-11-13 at 11:28 PM.
    05-11-13 11:16 PM
    Above are the generic functions...what BlackBerry Live will be doing is encouraging Devs to bring apps to machine to machine....like maybe an app that reminds you to change your oil, and gives a log of all services. Maybe one that monitors your braking usage...great if you have teenagers. Or tells you the TV has been on for three hours at home...even though the teenager should have been at school...or the fridge door has been opened twenty times and now you need milk, eggs and butter.

Endless... whatever you can dream...that is machine to machine.

I'm going to trademark that Monday! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-11-13 at 11:38 PM.
    lcjr, bungaboy, m0de25 and 2 others like this.
    05-11-13 11:25 PM
    SA article:
    BlackBerry And Carl Icahn: Time For A Short Squeeze?

Disclosure: I am long MSFT. (More...)

Carl Icahn is a master of short squeezes. I remember way back when Netflix (NFLX) traded at about $60/share and then Mr. Icahn formally announced a substantial stake in the company. Since then, shares have significantly outperformed the broader market in just a few short months. While I believe that a substantial part of Icahn's call to take a stake was due to having real insight into the future of the business, I also believe that a good chunk of this massive run is somewhat self-fulfilling on Icahn's part. With rumors swirling that Mr. Icahn has bought into BlackBerry (BBRY), is it time to hop on board that train?
    [read the rest at Seeking Alpha]
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 05-25-13 at 03:00 PM. Reason: please don't post full articles from SA.
    05-11-13 11:31 PM
    I hate "activist" investors almost as much as shorts. But hey, If he makes us all rich, then I guess I'll tolerate him. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.
    05-11-13 11:38 PM
    I really don't see how the Blackberry Live could do any damage to the SP.
    It will take at least 24 hours for someone to be able to come up with negative spins on something from the event.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-11-13 11:39 PM
    K...I'm starting the rumor:

Icahn is the reason for the recent up swing...he bought in excess of 20 million shares...quietly and calculated indeed. This of course limits the "Available" float so when the sell side house have to cover in two weeks (from their little escapade on Tuesady)...ooops...no shares availible...

Of course Icahn foresaw this and kept buying all availible shares bon the run up over BlackBerry Live...even made some shorting the gaps.

Short sqeeze in two weeks folks... heard it here first

Edit: I've been drinking and sitting on the smokey side of the fire.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:46 PM
    Wow, what a powerful and interesting group in this thread! Thanks to everyone. The article posters, question askers, information providers. Everyone contributes in a progressive team like way. I have a small regret I never joined earlier!
    Each day I've been here, I've learned something new. I've had real moments when lights have turned on and concepts have been clinched. Due to the clear, understandable, high caliber information provided by everyone. So enjoyable.
    Usually I'm located on the other side of the world, so I don't get to enjoy the daily play by play. But I enjoy consuming this thread as soon as I can in the morning.
    Thanks All,
    Cheers.
    05-12-13 04:49 AM
    Happy Mother's Day to the backbone of our families! Have a wonderful day celebrating, remembering, and loving the mothers in our lives and especially to those who are mothers.
    05-12-13 06:11 AM
    If they are fellow Cape Bretoners laying your sod you will hear the Foreman shouting out "Green side up" on a frequent basis.

Good luck. :-)
    05-12-13 06:27 AM
    If they are fellow Cape Bretoners laying your sod you will hear the Foreman shouting out "Green side up" on a frequent basis.

Good luck. :-)
    Hahaha
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 07:06 AM
    Well my three daughters came home for a brief Mother's Day visit yesterday. (They had to be back in Halifax for work, boyfriends, etc. today)

I took my wife to Antigonish to do some shopping and to check out how the repairs to my gurly truck F150 drive shaft worked.

While the wife was shopping I was BBMing my girls who I knew were on their way down. So we quietly arranged to meet at Staples.

When the wife came back to the truck I said. "I need to get something at Staples" so to Staples we went. We parked 2 spaces over from my daughter's car and wife didn't register it was her car.

I said "Come on in. I want to show you something" then, once in the store I said "Don't you need to use the washroom?" LoL

So, to the back of the store we go. Upon exiting the washroom she saw a woman from the back that "looked like our middle daughter". Then it was "that is her", followed by saying her name, then she saw the other two daughters and it was a great surprise.

So I took them out for lunch and we all came home for . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . NEW BLACKBERRY Z10s!

My youngest picked up her new white Z10 in a white flip case. (She was qwerty 9900 and 9790 user)

So, I let my other two daughters (both 9900 and 9790 users) try out my Z10 and Q10.

Guess what? Middle daughter took my spare Z10 back with her.

Both of them are just in awe with these "mobile computing devices"

In a few minutes wife and I are driving 250 km round trip to pick up two more Z10s with my Future Shop gift cards. One for my eldest daughter and one to replace the loss of my spare Z10.

So, at the end of today we will be a family of 5 Z10s and one Q10.

Ain't life grand.

Happy Mother's Day!

PS. Always lay your sod . . . . . . green side up.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 05-12-13 at 08:20 AM.
    05-12-13 07:35 AM
    And another SA:

BlackBerry Week In Review: Bears Take An Unsuccessful Swipe

Disclosure: I am long BBRY. (More...)

It was a busy week in BlackBerry (BBRY) land. Shares of BBRY were whipsawed all week as bulls and bear waged a battle of rhetoric.

The shares rose on Monday after our latest report concluded that the stock should double to $30 within the year.

The shares dove on Tuesday after an analyst slashed his BB10 build plan estimates. Unbeknownst to most, those "estimates" were (and still are) unrealistically high, allowing this bearish analyst to lower his estimates at will. Be careful about who you trust out there folks!

On Thursday, the shares rallied on rumors that Carl Icahn may soon file a 13D revealing a large position in BlackBerry. The rumor mill was also mulling a possible takeover by a strategic partner. IBM (IBM) was cited. Neither of these rumors would surprise us, but again, be careful who you listen to. There's a lot of money to be made in manipulating stocks via unsubstantiated rumors.

The key is to stay focused on two things:

Our extensive and proprietary research shows that consumer interest in the Q-10 is extraordinarily high. This is because the Q-10 will be the first BlackBerry to combine a modern operating system (BB10) with BlackBerry's iconic QWERTY keyboard.
    To be clear, we expect the touchscreen-based Z-10 to fizzle out. We also expect carriers to be skeptical of the Q-10 at launch.

However, we expect that strong demand from BBRY's 76M customers will cause widespread stock-outs, forcing reorders and greater carrier support. Indeed, this has already happened with the Q-10's launch in the U.K. and Canada.

The Bottom Line - The BBRY customer base consists of mature business-minded consumers who are set in their ways. They don't want to move away from BlackBerry or their QWERTY keyboards. If just a third of these customers upgrade to BBRY's new lineup, we believe the stock will double to $30. FYI, in the smartphone market, more than half of the typical vendors' customer base upgrades every year. The BBRY base is in a state of pent-up demand, so upgrade uptake could far-exceed 50%.

IT giants like Microsoft (MSFT) and IBM have virtually no presence in the smartphone game. Having covered both since the early 90s, I know that's unacceptable to both. With Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG)/Samsung (SSNLF.PK) out of reach, BBRY represents the next best opportunity to gain critical mass with an operating system and hardware platform.
    With the advent of smartphone OS virtualization, a BlackBerry can be outfitted with multiple OSs, enabling a company like MSFT to gradually transition the BBRY base to the Windows OS without forcing these faithful customers to give up the device they know and love.

Conclusions: The BBRY story is all about customer demand for the Q-10 and the company's prospects for being acquired. Don't let anything else sway you. In the meantime, we can expect positive news flow from BBRY in the coming days, as it hosts its annual BlackBerry Live event in Orlando, FL from Monday through Wednesday. We'll be in attendance.

Remember, there is always a flood of data points available in the market - but in almost every case, only two or three really matter. In this case, it's all about how BBRY navigates the next 12-months. If its massive customer base adopts the Q-10, shareholders will benefit greatly. After that, all bets are off. Until then, our confidence in BlackBerry's near-term outlook is why it retains its place in our Stocks To Triple portfolio

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:16 AM
    This is great. Love MacKinnon's cartoons.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-brucex11-20rbg_1a.jpg
    05-12-13 08:37 AM
    Good morning everyone! Just another reminder as Charles mentioned, don't forget to call Mom today. To all the mothers who may be monitoring this thread, Happy Mothers Day and thanks for all you do!
    05-12-13 09:52 AM
    05-12-13 09:55 AM
    I was at my local best buy, and they had a nice demo section for the z10 and q10 - You can fully play with the phone as it wasn't locked into a demo mode. I started looking at the other phones such as the plastic cheap feeling S4, and then a customer started to play with the q10. He was chatting with the rep and saying how he's afraid of the learning curve with the q10 as he is used to his old curve. I had to step in and tell him how I have both phones and that it's not a challenge at all and that he would not regret his decision. I don't know if that customer bought the phone, but I sure helped with that potential sale, lol
    05-12-13 10:12 AM
    Good morning everyone! Just another reminder as Charles mentioned, don't forget to call Mom today. To all the mothers who may be monitoring this thread, Happy Mothers Day and thanks for all you do!
    Yeah, all 2 of them.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-12-13 11:22 AM
    Yeah, all 2 of them.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    We have 2? I thought it was only 1. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:23 AM
113,256 ... 947948949950951 ...