View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apologies for not chiming in so much over the past 2 weeks. Was working and down in the dumps over this roller coaster so I kept my thoughts to myself rather than harp about it. My "Thanks" and "Like" keys were working so it's not for a lack of appreciation that I haven't been around. I and the family are off to Cuba 'cause I've been living vicariously in lcjr's pool for weeks now and couldn't stand it anymore. Lol.

I'll be thinking of you guys while the excitement unfolds next week. Fingers are crossed but I'll have to be honest.....if I miss anything really really good, like the start of this ever pending short squeeze, I'll be pissed!!! Mind you, if there's any group of good people out there who deserve it, it's you guys. Cheers all.....and here's to cocktail hour being bumped up. Waaaaaaay up!!
    Enjoy your trip...

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and Markymark 23 like this.
    05-10-13 07:10 PM
    05-10-13 07:14 PM
    These silly shorts believe there's a pot of gold waiting for them... they're in for a rude awakening, 'cuz guess what?...

Attachment 160321
    Thor eats leprechauns! Lol
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and m0de25 like this.
    05-10-13 07:33 PM
    05-10-13 07:35 PM
    he also states it doesn't have a reader mode? and that 'Blackberry fell down on that one'
    @ericjackson Miss anything? Try reader mode on the Q10 its the best in the business. When in Web page, 3 dots lower right. Find Reader Mode

I thought I would reach out and correct him. For those that don't know. Eric Jackson is very long BBRY. Hes the founder of Iron Fire Capital.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:36 PM
    Eric Jackson, tweet; Most of Yahoo Finance comments of my Q10 review say I'm an Apple fanboy interested in bashing BBRY when I've been long the stock since Nov

Posted via CB10

He may be long but he's far from perfect!
    05-10-13 07:39 PM
    I'm ok with that. The last thing we want is for the question to be asked then him say he has zero interest in BB.
    Could very well be he requested no BBRY questions! For good reasons. Hes still buying Shrugs..
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-10-13 07:54 PM
    Could very well be he requested no BBRY questions! For good reasons. Hes still buying Shrugs..
    Any way we can twist it in our favour is good with me

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and take99 like this.
    05-10-13 08:00 PM
    Cheers gentsThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    05-10-13 08:07 PM
    Orr claims BlackBerry has already answered critics
    Date: May 10, 2013
    Author: Paul Withers
    Categories: Manufacturers,News
    Tags: BB10, BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry Z10, GfK, Mobile News, Rob Orr
    Skip to comments
    Company’s UK managing director says firm is back on track as it looks to maintain its position as the UK third biggest smartphone player this year

BlackBerry claims it has proved its doubters wrong, following a “cracking” start to 2013.

The claim was made by the manufacturer’s UK managing director, Rob Orr (pictured), ahead of the launch last week of the firm’s second BB10 handset, the Q10.

Orr told Mobile News that after a recent financial turnaround – which saw a 570 per cent rise in profits in Q4 to $94 million and first-month (January) sales of the Z10 topping one million – the firm is back on track.

He claimed 40 per cent of all Z10 owners in the UK are new to BlackBerry, having switched from rival manufacturers.

Orr said: “When you look back at a year ago and think about what we achieved in the three months since the launch of BlackBerry 10, the message is clear: ‘We’re back’. QWERTY is back, the Q10 is here and we are back as a company.

“Let’s not ignore the scale of the change that we have gone through – completely redesigning the platform and re-engineering the way we do things. This is a momentous undertaking and has never been done before.”

He continued: “Multiple articles have been written about companies who have had a few quarters outside of profitability and can’t recover, but we did. A lot of people didn’t think we could do it, but we knew we could.

“We had a belief, a passion and a drive that powered us forward. We won’t stop – we’ll keep going, keep listening and keep evolving.”

Market share

Orr said BlackBerry’s focus for the remainder of 2013 will be to “cement” its position as the UK’s third biggest manufacturer in terms of sales.

He quoted sales figures from GfK for March, which he said show BlackBerry’s market share stood at just over 10 per cent, putting it behind “the two big elephants”, Samsung and Apple.

Sales of the Q10 will be key, he added.

“We need to focus on that third spot and it’s one I’m confident we’ll maintain throughout the year,” said Orr.

“That’s where the competition is happening at the moment.

“There is huge pent-up demand for the Q10 and I think we will see a few weeks of very good sell-through.”
    05-10-13 08:14 PM
    Now that Thor blazed the trail, we had Toshiba, now AMD also...

Tablets will be replaced by hybrids in ?two to three years? says AMD exec | T3
    Markymark 23, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-10-13 08:19 PM
    Man those apple fanboys are going gaga over the 'new' 'flat' ios 7 icons. Like I posted earlier they sure look a hell of a lot like Bb10. I know its just a conceptual render but still..when bb10 came out they were ugly right?

Here's What iOS 7 Could (And Perhaps Should) Look Like [Video]
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 08:27 PM
    'Dr. Doom' Expects End to Stock 'Bubble' in two years. Video inside...

'Dr. Doom' Expects End to Stock 'Bubble'
    In 2 years, he don't mind giving himself a little leg room! lol
    05-10-13 08:27 PM
    Now that Thor blazed the trail, we had Toshiba, now AMD also...

Tablets will be replaced by hybrids in ?two to three years? says AMD exec | T3
    Hahaha. Awesome. It just took one guy ballsy enough to say it out loud and now the others want to pipe in.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:37 PM
    Bbry will double. The q10 and z10 are game changers. Great close today.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-10-13 08:39 PM
    BY THE WAY.....

Did I mention that.... a break of the 52 week highs at $18 will send us to $24-$30?

Attachment 160270
    That sounds excellent to me. Somewhere I had the $18 figure as a leaping point. More intuitive on my part. But
    it's great to have all you guys with your TA expertise give so many confirmations.
    05-10-13 08:41 PM
    Thor is a man with great vision. BBRY should benefit greatly because of it.
    05-10-13 08:45 PM
    Thor is a man with great vision. BBRY should benefit greatly because of it.
    Tell Richboydis that lol. (the names of the not so innocent have been altered to protect...me primary).

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and take99 like this.
    05-10-13 08:49 PM
    Rickatwhatever as well as to a lesser degree TreLarry
    05-10-13 09:17 PM
    Well I really haven't given the Q10 a fair shake yet to be honest. It does have much better OS than Z10 hands down.

But coming from a 9810 (and never used the qwerty keyboard) I have to admit I am biased towards the Z10. BUT, I will give the Q10 more time.
    Just send it to me, I'll send you my z10.
    05-10-13 09:34 PM
    TO wins, WSH wins...exciting night!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 09:54 PM
    I want to move this summer. Come on BBRY $30+!!!!! Will the squeeze just happen already !!!!!
    05-10-13 10:16 PM
    I want to move this summer. Come on BBRY $30+!!!!! Will the squeeze just happen already !!!!!
    Uh, dude. I hate to break it to you but you have to wait until trading starts on Monday for the squeeze.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-10-13 10:59 PM
    Hello everyone, back from dinner and a movie. What's shaking?
    05-10-13 11:07 PM
    Uh, dude. I hate to break it to you but you have to wait until trading starts on Monday for the squeeze.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    That's ot going to work for me man.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-10-13 11:09 PM
113,250 ... 943944945946947 ...