View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Jeepers. I fell asleep. Glad to see we closed up green and didn't suffer any sell off at the end there.

Posted via CB10
    I hope that doesn't happen to me when I get old. hahahahahah.. Just kidding CJ.
    05-10-13 04:38 PM
    I hope that doesn't happen to me when I get old. hahahahahah.. Just kidding CJ.
    Lol. Ya but I was up until after 2 last night. Needed a nap in order to maybe get out tonight

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 04:42 PM
    Looks like ios 7 will feature bb10 style icons. You know what they say about copying being a sincere form of flattery

iOS 7 Concept Shows Windows Phone 8 Inspired Flat Design And Widgets (Video)
    05-10-13 04:51 PM
    Jaguar is a very nice car but you have to keep one within the warrantee period, as repairs and service are criminal in nature. While overseas I had one of the 80s XJ series and learned that the hard way. lol
    They learned much and that F type is insane crazy, even the 8 cylinders version is a bomb.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:37 PM
    BY THE WAY.....

Did I mention that.... a break of the 52 week highs at $18 will send us to $24-$30?

Attachment 160270
    Thank you for your thoughts Alexander. I just want to caution you from making--and others for following you--such statements like: "a break of the 52 week highs at $18 *will* [my emphasis] send us to $24-$30". If you're right, you'll look like a genius; if you're wrong, you'll lose credibility fast. As you'll soon discover, no matter how good you are at identifying chart patterns, they don't always work. It's really difficult to predict a price or price range, and even if you are not so convinced about this--I would like to caution anyone on this board who thinks that the charts are some sort of crystal ball.

In future posts (just a suggestion)--you might want to write a little more cautiously; for example, something like: "There is a good chance BBRY will hit as high as about $30," or words to that effect that suggest probability rather than certainty. Some people might think that your certification (congratulations, by the way) endows you with some sort of precognition regarding the future stock price: it does not.

I will try to post another chart next week with my opinion. With your input, M+8's, and mine (perhaps others' too), I think it will be clear to some readers new to TA that there are in fact different ways to interpret the charts. I may see things you don't and vice-versa; M+8 might feel something in the chart is significant and I might disagree; you might call a price breakout that I feel is too low; etc. What's great is to share our experience and opinions--but everyone out there reading our contributions needs to realize that they alone are responsible for the trading decisions they make and that they shouldn't blindly follow any of us. I know that I don't want anyone to lose money based on what I think (but I'll gladly take credit if they make money).

Have a great weekend to all.
    05-10-13 05:48 PM
    As a relatively un sophisticated retail investor, I am very happy to see everyone's TA, even if you are short! I also agree that it is just good form to temper your language when making conclusions. Thanks for all your wisdom.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-10-13 06:00 PM
    Hi everyone!

Great news! I just passed my Chartered Market Technician Level 1 certification What a great day today and I can really say that BBRY is setting up for a nice rally going into BBRY live.
    Congratulations and thanks for the TA.
    05-10-13 06:05 PM
    I like this calm (yet green) before the hot run
    Have a nice weekend gang!
    Btw I'm away from my computer and Z10 stocks rocks!

+ Congrats Alexander!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000587.png

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:06 PM
    Ok... I know there are a lot of "drink" posts on here, I thought I would share the non official beer of BlackBerry. It's a Japanese beer made in Guelph, Ontario. Home of BlackBerry. Thought this was worth a try... not bad. Happy weekend to all. Cheers.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000226.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:09 PM
    Sapporo is the name... can't really see it in the pic.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:11 PM
    sorry, I LOL'd at this. You like short chicks? Me too, the wife's 5'4"

As a relatively un sophisticated retail investor, I am very happy to see everyone's TA, even if you are short! I also agree that it is just good form to temper your language when making conclusions. Thanks for all your wisdom.

05-10-13 06:13 PM
    Ok... I know there are a lot of "drink" posts on here, I thought I would share the non official beer of BlackBerry. It's a Japanese beer made in Guelph, Ontario. Home of BlackBerry. Thought this was worth a try... not bad. Happy weekend to all. Cheers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000226.jpg 
Views:	1530 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	160309

Posted via CB10
    Love that beer. I'll email money transfer you $20 if you can crush that can with one hand. It's a friggen tank!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    doesn't work with BBRY not supporting the Japanese market anymore though lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    Congrats!

Now that you have cleared the exam, I'm going to take your charts even more seriously

Thanks for posting.

LOLOLOL Even though Im level 1, I'm still no where close to being as pro as MorganPlus8, I still got a lot to learn and I'll be always open to any direct feedback
    05-10-13 06:15 PM
    Apologies for not chiming in so much over the past 2 weeks. Was working and down in the dumps over this roller coaster so I kept my thoughts to myself rather than harp about it. My "Thanks" and "Like" keys were working so it's not for a lack of appreciation that I haven't been around. I and the family are off to Cuba 'cause I've been living vicariously in lcjr's pool for weeks now and couldn't stand it anymore. Lol.

I'll be thinking of you guys while the excitement unfolds next week. Fingers are crossed but I'll have to be honest.....if I miss anything really really good, like the start of this ever pending short squeeze, I'll be pissed!!! Mind you, if there's any group of good people out there who deserve it, it's you guys. Cheers all.....and here's to cocktail hour being bumped up. Waaaaaaay up!!
    05-10-13 06:20 PM
    doesn't work with BBRY not supporting the Japanese market anymore though lol
    That and although Guelph may be close to Waterloo, it isn't the home of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    05-10-13 06:32 PM
    sorry, I LOL'd at this. You like short chicks? Me too, the wife's 5'4"
    My shortest was 4'11". Lol. Now that was fun

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 06:33 PM
    Thank you for your thoughts Alexander. I just want to caution you from making--and others for following you--such statements like: "a break of the 52 week highs at $18 *will* [my emphasis] send us to $24-$30". If you're right, you'll look like a genius; if you're wrong, you'll lose credibility fast. As you'll soon discover, no matter how good you are at identifying chart patterns, they don't always work. It's really difficult to predict a price or price range, and even if you are not so convinced about this--I would like to caution anyone on this board who thinks that the charts are some sort of crystal ball.

In future posts (just a suggestion)--you might want to write a little more cautiously; for example, something like: "There is a good chance BBRY will hit as high as about $30," or words to that effect that suggest probability rather than certainty. Some people might think that your certification (congratulations, by the way) endows you with some sort of precognition regarding the future stock price: it does not.

I will try to post another chart next week with my opinion. With your input, M+8's, and mine (perhaps others' too), I think it will be clear to some readers new to TA that there are in fact different ways to interpret the charts. I may see things you don't and vice-versa; M+8 might feel something in the chart is significant and I might disagree; you might call a price breakout that I feel is too low; etc. What's great is to share our experience and opinions--but everyone out there reading our contributions needs to realize that they alone are responsible for the trading decisions they make and that they shouldn't blindly follow any of us. I know that I don't want anyone to lose money based on what I think (but I'll gladly take credit if they make money).

Have a great weekend to all.
    No worries Yang Fui! Thanks for the feedback. I should really work on my wording and use words such as expected, probable, or should.

For those who are curious about my last post. It's called a "Cup and Handle" pattern, this pattern is a known reversal pattern and is formed when it makes a round bottom with both highs approximately the same. In this case, it's our 52 week high at 18.32. The handle is formed during consolidation after a strong rally (In this case, it's the giant triangle we formed after tanking on Jan 30). In order to confirm the pattern, the BBRY needs to break its 18.32 on volume. The price target is generally calculated with the difference of the low and the high of the pattern which is 18.32-6.33 = 12 giving us a price target of 30.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_12109659.jpg

**NOTE: This is only a measured move and it is not guaranteed the stock will meet the price target on break out. In addition, I'm not saying that the stock will instantly jump from 18 to 30 on break out. Chances are is that it will move progressively. Example, to 20 then pullback to 18, then making new highs and progressively moving to the final price target.

Thanks again Yang Fui for the feedback. I totally understand. No one likes advising someone into losing money. Of course, at the end of the day, it's up to the reader whether they want to pull the trigger or not. It's also awesome that we have more charters, because we all use different tools. For example, I really like how Morgan puts more emphasis on the moving averages, as I tend to lean more towards japanese charting like ichimoku clouds, candle sticks and patterns. I honestly find it extremely helpful when we can all present different opinions on the stock. Definitely, helps the board create a clearer picture of the stock.

I'm looking forward to your chart Yang and as always I'm open to criticism and am always open to learning new things.

Alex
    05-10-13 06:34 PM
    5'4 nots that short dude LOL
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 06:35 PM
    No doubt we all recognize the catalyst that exists next week, BlackBerry Live ! Let's hope that Thor and his team announce something so revolutionary that makes the words BB10 and mobile computing synonymous. The time is now for BlackBerry to once again be a leader in the mobile space.

BTW, Ms. Alice key is going to be at the event so let's see what our Creative Director has been working on.

Have a great weekend!
    05-10-13 06:36 PM
    No doubt we all recognize the catalyst that exists next week, BlackBerry Live ! Let's hope that Thor and his team announce something so revolutionary that makes the words BB10 and mobile computing synonymous. The time is now for BlackBerry to once again be a leader in the mobile space.

BTW, Ms. Alice key is going to be at the event so let's see what our Creative Director has been working on.

Have a great weekend!
    Hope she leaves her friggin iphone at home lol
    05-10-13 06:39 PM

For those who are curious about my last post. It's called a "Cup and Handle" pattern, this pattern is a known reversal pattern and is formed when it makes a round bottom with both highs approximately the same......

Alex
    Thanks for the Cup and Handle pattern, but on a Friday evening, I'm more inclined towards the Mugs and Jugs pattern.
    05-10-13 06:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are making me miss my alma mater...

bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    05-10-13 06:56 PM
    These silly shorts believe there's a pot of gold waiting for them... they're in for a rude awakening, 'cuz guess what?...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thor.jpg
    05-10-13 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the Cup and Handle pattern, but on a Friday evening, I'm more inclined towards the Mugs and Jugs pattern.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-10-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-10-13 07:09 PM
113,256 ... 942943944945946 ...