• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Guess it is too large for copy n paste:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1424...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:32 PM
    Just reading that, this guy and Mikey Collins are usually good reads at SA on BBRY.

BlackBerry: How A Vocal Bear Stealthily Increased His Forecasts - Seeking Alpha

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:34 PM
    Guys, maybe I missed it, I thought it was a pretty thoroughly researched piece but did he not leave out Indonesia?? Huge BB market there. Also, indirect props in the article for Jim B. for building all those carrier relations in the past, they look like they are still paying off today, not even nokia is on as many if the author is to be believed.
    05-10-13 01:38 PM
    The Fate That Awaits BlackBerry

The author compares four short scenarios with TSLA, FSLR, NOK, GMCR and BBRY

To begin with, short interest in the stock did not increase since 4/15/2013 and has remained constant at around the 164 million level. At the same time however, the stock is near its recent highs and has not bulged at all. But there is one big difference that characterizes Blackberry's stock from all the other stocks mentioned.

It is the only stock that has increased in price over the past several months, while short interest in the stock have increased.

We have not seen any short covering yet, but since Blackberry shares have been rising while more and more short sellers are piling in, what will happen if and when short sellers decide to change course and cover?

My guess is something along the lines of Tesla, Green Mountain Coffee and First Solar put together.

The Fate That Awaits BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    05-10-13 01:45 PM
    The Fate That Awaits BlackBerry

The author compares four short scenarios with TSLA, FSLR, NOK, GMCR and BBRY

To begin with, short interest in the stock did not increase since 4/15/2013 and has remained constant at around the 164 million level. At the same time however, the stock is near its recent highs and has not bulged at all. But there is one big difference that characterizes Blackberry's stock from all the other stocks mentioned.

It is the only stock that has increased in price over the past several months, while short interest in the stock have increased.

We have not seen any short covering yet, but since Blackberry shares have been rising while more and more short sellers are piling in, what will happen if and when short sellers decide to change course and cover?

My guess is something along the lines of Tesla, Green Mountain Coffee and First Solar put together.

The Fate That Awaits BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    Yep, now to figure out what the trigger will be and when.
    05-10-13 01:55 PM
    Sam Lowe‏@itssamlowe7m
    Just got off the phone with Maxim, Songza and Magmic. If you're media coming to #BBLive ... I think you're gonna like what we have in store

Tweet from 10 mins ago
    05-10-13 02:14 PM
    BlackBerryDev‏@BlackBerryDev4m
    NFC, NFC, and more NFC at BlackBerry Jam Americas 2013 - NFC, NFC, and more NFC at BlackBerry Jam Americas 2013 �BlackBerry Developer Blog ^AK

Tweet from 5 mins ago...Please, please, please BBM Money.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, m0de25 and 5 others like this.
    05-10-13 02:15 PM
    Nice review of the top smartphones here

Opinion: High-end Smartphones Mid 2013 - Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. the Rest. - TechHuman.com | TechHuman.com

Author ends up saying he carries around the htc one and z10 all the time over the others.
    05-10-13 02:34 PM
    Or the computer system that they use does. Remember, there aren't people saying "hey look... it's at 16. We'd better sell some to keep it down a couple of cents".
    Yabbut . . . . . . . Computers only do what they are told to do. LoL
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-10-13 02:35 PM
    Nice review of the top smartphones here

Opinion: High-end Smartphones Mid 2013 - Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. the Rest. - TechHuman.com | TechHuman.com

Author ends up saying he carries around the htc one and z10 all the time over the others.
    Speaking of which, Bungaboy should give us his verdict since he's been carying around the Z10 and Q10 for a while now.
    05-10-13 02:37 PM
    Wow - Thanks to everyone for giving me some "Top Thanked" love of late...
    Think I can play that card in the bedroom with the Mrs?
    Depends. Are you the thanker or the thankee? As a husband I think I now the answer. LoL
    tygros likes this.
    05-10-13 02:37 PM
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/05/res...-17-per-share/
    Don't know if this has been posted. SoSo read. Like the title though. lol
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 02:38 PM
    Pinned right at 15.50 what a surprise. Options writers run this ish
    05-10-13 02:41 PM
    Guys, maybe I missed it, I thought it was a pretty thoroughly researched piece but did he not leave out Indonesia?? Huge BB market there. Also, indirect props in the article for Jim B. for building all those carrier relations in the past, they look like they are still paying off today, not even nokia is on as many if the author is to be believed.
    I thought Indonesia had a small population?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:42 PM
    I thought Indonesia had a small population?

Posted via CB10
    I think it's around 125 million not positive though
    05-10-13 02:48 PM

BlackBerry: How A Vocal Bear Stealthily Increased His Forecasts - Seeking Alpha

Posted via CB10
    The guts of it. To quote a famous Stockberrian . . . . . " fawken corksuckers"

Stealthily Increasing Forecasts From A Bearish Analyst

We are going to go over a timeline of forecasts and predictions from one of the more vocal and highly cited bearish analysts - James Faucette from Pacific Crest Securities. The following timeline will give a demonstration of how a bearish analyst can stealthy increase forecasts by 200+% while still generating negative headlines for BlackBerry.

November 7, 2012: Faucette says that he believes that BlackBerry 10 is likely to be DOA and expects a lukewarm response at best.

February 20, 2013: Faucette says that he expects May quarter ship-in to be 1 million to 1.5 million BlackBerry 10 units. This compares to Street expectations that he estimates at 3 million to 4 million units.

April 11, 2013: Faucette estimates May quarter ship-in to be 2.9 million units, with sell-through of around half that number (approximately 1.5 million). This compares to Street expectations that he estimates at 4 million to 4.5 million units. He also estimates production levels at the same 4 million to 4.5 million units.

May 7, 2013: Faucette says that BlackBerry is maintaining production levels of 1.5 million to 2 million devices per month (quarterly run rate of 4.5 million to 6 million units). He estimates sales at 1 million to 1.25 million per month in March and April (quarterly run rate of 3 million to 3.75 million units).

To recap, Faucette's projections for BlackBerry's Q1 FY14 have increased from ship-in of 1 million to 1.5 million BlackBerry 10 units to sales of 3 million to 3.75 million units (and presumably ship-in of up to 4.5 million to 6 million units). This is a 200% to 300% increase in shipment forecasts over 2.5 months.

Faucette doesn't appear to mention how his forecasts have increased over time, or at least the information that makes it to the public does not reflect this. This causes headlines to focus on speculated production cutbacks instead of talking about a documented 200% increase in shipment forecasts, which can only be considered a major positive. It is telling to note that his current estimates of Q1 FY14 BB10 sales are now around the range of his February estimates of Street expectations for Q1 FY14. The bears are at the point where consensus was two and a half months ago.
    05-10-13 02:50 PM
    That was probably the most well rounded review I have ever read.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    05-10-13 02:50 PM
    Come on a little bull run to $15.60!
    05-10-13 02:51 PM
    Speaking of which, Bungaboy should give us his verdict since he's been carying around the Z10 and Q10 for a while now.
    Well I really haven't given the Q10 a fair shake yet to be honest. It does have much better OS than Z10 hands down.

But coming from a 9810 (and never used the qwerty keyboard) I have to admit I am biased towards the Z10. BUT, I will give the Q10 more time.
    05-10-13 02:59 PM
    Looks like $15.54. Still a nice shade of green for the weekend.
    05-10-13 03:01 PM
    BNN has a fellow coming on in less than thirty minutes to explain why BlackBerry is a BUY!!!

Pssst

That was my beer opening...happy Friday!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:01 PM
    CJ...quit staring at the fridge lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 03:06 PM
    Another green day. Love it.
    05-10-13 03:08 PM
    BNN has a fellow coming on in less than thirty minutes to explain why BlackBerry is a BUY!!!

Pssst

Link or it never happened or will never happen LOL

That was my beer opening...happy Friday!

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-10-13 03:14 PM
    Got 400 more at the close. Maxed out now. Hopefully next week rocks!
    05-10-13 03:14 PM
113,256 ... 940941942943944 ...