View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Look at Tesla go today!. Anyone has any idea how high this can go. I don't own any. Wish I had bought some in the $50's when I first started looking at it. It's probably too late to buy now.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-10-13 09:06 AM
    While the stock seems up, we're still trading near the bottom of the channel that started in September.

I'm looking forward to some interesting news out of BBLive next week.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-10-13 09:07 AM
    Look at Tesla go today!. Anyone has any idea how high this can go. I don't own any. Wish I had bought some in the $50's when I first started looking at it. It's probably too late to buy now.
    Yeah. I was hoping to but I am thinking that the opportunity is gone now.
    psy fi likes this.
    05-10-13 09:08 AM
    Yeah...that stock was also heavily shorted...huge squeeze going on now. I hope that happens with BBRY too. It can happen any day for no apparent reason so let's just hope it does actually happen
    Bugmapper, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 09:08 AM
    It's pretty incredible. I'm waiting for a pullback to get in. I was watching it since $35.
    Bugmapper, lcjr, psy fi and 1 others like this.
    05-10-13 09:10 AM
    BlackBerry could be 'turning a corner,' survey of IT leaders finds

Survey by 451 Research finds increased interest in BlackBerry
    May 10, 2013 | By Fred Donovan
    LAS VEGAS--BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) could be "turning a corner," judged Chris Hazelton, research director for mobility at 451 Research.

According to a survey done in April by 451, there is increased interest in BlackBerry among IT decision makers. "They could be turning the corner, but there is still a way to go" for the Canadian firm, Hazelton told an audience here at Interop on Thursday.

The results of this survey contrast with one that 451 conducted in February of this year, which found that the introduction of BlackBerry 10 had little effect on current or past BlackBerry enterprise users' plans.

Whitepaper: Governance for All: Empowering IT and business content owners

"Governance for all" is more than an end goal written in a plan; it's a strategy that unites IT and business content owners. Now you can learn to create a governance strategy to suit all your needs. Learn More..
    "For the vast majority of current BlackBerry users, there was no impact on their decision on whether they are going to stay with BlackBerry," he said.

BlackBerry is betting that BlackBerry 10 will help it regain its position in the enterprise mobility market, a position it has seen shrink in response to the onslaught of employee-owned Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iOS and Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) Android devices flooding the enterprise. BlackBerry has seen its smartphone market share shrink below 5 percent.

According to another 451 survey, this one of 1,500 IT decision makers conducted in November of last year and February of this year, more than two-thirds of United States companies currently allow BYOD, while one-quarter actively prohibit it,

451's Yankee Group conducted a survey of IT leaders about their top IT priorities for 2013. Four of the top seven priorities are related to mobility, with mobile security being the number two priority, Hazelton related. The other enterprise mobility priorities are mobile cloud deployment, mobile productivity applications and remote access for workers.

In addition, mobile backend as a service, a way for mobile app developers to link their apps to backend cloud storage, is popular in the consumer market, but interest in this cloud service is likely to expand to the enterprise, Hazelton noted. "As you deliver large volume server-dependent applications to your employees, you may consider MBaaS," he said.

Also, there has been an increased pairing of mobile device management and mobile application management, the 451 analyst noted. "You are seeing mobile device management firms offering mobile app management as well," he said.

"BYOD is not a trend that is going away. This is the way business is going to be done," Hazelton concluded.

Read more: BlackBerry could be 'turning a corner,' survey of IT leaders finds - FierceMobileIT BlackBerry could be 'turning a corner,' survey of IT leaders finds - FierceMobileIT
    Subscribe at FierceMobileIT
    05-10-13 09:13 AM
    Icahn gamble?
    If anyone's into taking a small risk, may I suggest options?
    $16 calls that expire today, $0.03 right now. Bought in 100 lot contracts, that's $3.00 per lot bought.

Note: understand the risk of options before you buy, i.e. unless you sell them before the EOD, they expire worthless unless in the money, and then you'd have to have the $$ to buy 100 shares at $16 (times number of contracts)... etc.
    05-10-13 09:14 AM
    Jaguar is a very nice car but you have to keep one within the warrantee period, as repairs and service are criminal in nature. While overseas I had one of the 80s XJ series and learned that the hard way. lol
    They are better now.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:17 AM
    FWIW, Icahn will be on CNBC at noon. Supposed to talk about DELL I believe, but maybe he'll get a BBRY question.
    He will say that he can't comments on portfolio changes during the quarter.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:18 AM
    I don't have anything in there either now. I'm waiting to see how long their squeeze lasts. It will drop again, but who knows when.
    psy fi likes this.
    05-10-13 09:18 AM
    I don't have anything in there either now. I'm waiting to see how long their squeeze lasts. It will drop again, but who knows when.
    I hope it drops too. Tesla could turn out to be as big as BMW. Yes?!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-10-13 09:22 AM
    So here we go again with the 1030 dip - I'm sorry, 10:18am et - so not exactly 10:30...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 09:23 AM
    10.30 dip

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 09:24 AM
    I hope it drops too. Tesla could turn out to be as big as BMW. Yes?!
    Just like with BB, its just a matter of time. The future of all electric cars may be in the distant future, but enough are interested now to purchase and build up the share price. It will only go higher. For Blackberry, the same is true only with the operating system/software they own. Just a matter of time before they surpass their old record highs. We just have to hang in their and while we're waiting we build our positions.
    cjcampbell and psy fi like this.
    05-10-13 09:30 AM
    Also, this Tesla discussion IS very relevant to our position and interest in Blackberry. When our squeeze happens, we'll have to see how long it lasts and weigh our options on if or when and how to take advantage of it. Something to think about before it happens and maybe make some type plan like Bugmapper mentioned or hold everything as others suggested.
    05-10-13 09:33 AM
    Seems we rose up to quickly. With the pull back to the 40's, now 50 is acting as resistance.
    05-10-13 09:35 AM
    Also, this Tesla discussion IS very relevant to our position and interest in Blackberry. When our squeeze happens, we'll have to see how long it lasts and weigh our options on if or when and how to take advantage of it. Something to think about before it happens and maybe make some type plan like Bugmapper mentioned or hold everything as others suggested.
    My plan is to sell 30% @ $35
    Another 30% at $55
    and another 30% at $75
    final 10% @ $125
    I think all this will come to pass < 18 months. We are going to see explosive growth starting June, or a the most September of this year.
    05-10-13 09:35 AM
    Yes, I think TSLA is a good example of what to expect. I do not really think the VW spike is realistic. Happy to be able to watch TSLA play out as we speak.
    lcjr and fedakd like this.
    05-10-13 09:36 AM
    Yeah. I was hoping to but I am thinking that the opportunity is gone now.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be late to that party, it could prove costly. Good company, bright future IF some things come together, but priced beyond perfection as I see it. I've been wrong before....
    rarsen, kfh227 and psy fi like this.
    05-10-13 09:36 AM
    Yeah, I wouldn't be late to that party, it could prove costly. Good company, bright future IF some things come together, but priced beyond perfection as I see it. I've been wrong before....
    I won't jump back in right now either. The SP will drop back to the previous value before long and that's when I'll jump back in but with more shares from my previous winnings. Same with BB, I'll follow it up and adjust stops along the way. I don't want to sell anything, but in my situation I have limited options to acquire more shares. If I can sell during the squeeze, I'll have more funds to buy back in when the SP returns to normal. That's my plan anyway.....
    psy fi and OMGitworks like this.
    05-10-13 09:41 AM
    Just got an email from MLB as a reminder about Blackberry takeover of their twitter account today -

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-email_twitter_vip.jpg
    05-10-13 09:42 AM
    Icahn gamble?
    If anyone's into taking a small risk, may I suggest options?
    $16 calls that expire today, $0.03 right now. Bought in 100 lot contracts, that's $3.00 per lot bought.

Note: understand the risk of options before you buy, i.e. unless you sell them before the EOD, they expire worthless unless in the money, and then you'd have to have the $$ to buy 100 shares at $16 (times number of contracts)... etc.
    Mmm why not? I'm in lol. Nothing like some friday gambling.
    05-10-13 09:45 AM
    Hmmmm... conspiracy theory #478:

I find it very suspicious that Morgan+8 can predict the high and low resistance for the day so accurately.... or is it because HE CONTROLS THE SP!!!!

The 5-dma opens up at $ 15.30/shr which isn't far below us now.... and yesterday's high of $ 15.68/shr.
    tygros, lcjr, cjcampbell and 9 others like this.
    05-10-13 09:50 AM
    Added 300 shares once again to my Trade account. Def should have added two days ago but the news yesterday was a surprise. Holding on until it hits the high 16's!

I like this strategy where I can Trade in my TSFA and hold in my Margin. It shows me how much more difficult it is to trade and to buy at the right time lol.

Also, the profit I withdrew from Questrade is now out of my account... But not in my Bank account... What? (It's been a few days and status says completed)... O boy. This thing better go through. I gave them a void cheque and all.
    Mmm why not? I'm in lol. Nothing like some friday gambling.
    And only $3 per, can't really go wrong... lol
113,251 ... 935936937938939 ...