View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Real or not...^^THIS!^^
    I may not be psychic but my money is on "not".
    05-09-13 05:51 PM
    well, if it's outside a registered account, you can always write off the losses......

Seriously though sounds like you're in deep enough, never any guarantees in this biz. Don't go too deep. Say the BB net goes down for 2 or 3 days, what would that do to the SP?

Have a food coloured beverage and step back of the ledge imho

Grrrr... I feel the greed coming on again. I don't like to trade outside registered accounts, but this is really looking like a breakout setting up, and my registered accounts are maxed out. I could put another $60,000 down to take advantage in the short term, but it would have to be in a cash account.

Bahhhhh. Somebody hold me down.
    05-09-13 05:54 PM
    well, if it's outside a registered account, you can always write off the losses......

Seriously though sounds like you're in deep enough, never any guarantees in this biz. Don't go too deep. Say the BB net goes down for 2 or 3 days, what would that do to the SP?

Have a food coloured beverage and step back of the ledge imho
    Yeah, you're prolly right. I'm actually sitting here gritting my teeth thinking about this.
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 06:04 PM
    05-09-13 06:05 PM
    FB has been reported to have bought waze though I don't think it's confirmed. Pity, I was hoping BB would buy them.
    05-09-13 06:07 PM
    Grrrr... I feel the greed coming on again. I don't like to trade outside registered accounts, but this is really looking like a breakout setting up, and my registered accounts are maxed out. I could put another $60,000 down to take advantage in the short term, but it would have to be in a cash account.

Bahhhhh. Somebody hold me down.
    No holding you down, I say go for IT thats what I did maxed out, tsfa, rsp, in mine
    and my wife's accounts then put another $30,000 in a cash account and not sure
    I'm done yet either..
    05-09-13 06:07 PM
    No holding you down, I say go for IT thats what I did maxed out, tsfa, rsp, in mine
    and my wife's accounts then put another $30,000 in a cash account and not sure
    I'm done yet either..
    I think I will buy back the shares I sold last week in my TSFA. I only have 5000 in there for now (yes, I know, should be more) but my income is UBER low since I am a student so 90% of my stock money is in my margin account... So my taxes are low as a mofo. Will transfer it next year...
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-09-13 06:13 PM
    Also remember if you gain, it is taxable at whatever highest bracket you hit with your income, probably not worth the risk unless you "knew" it was going to double or something like that.

Yeah, you're prolly right. I'm actually sitting here gritting my teeth thinking about this.
    05-09-13 06:14 PM
    Lol, Scott Lefebvre on one shoulder, take99 on the other
    05-09-13 06:17 PM
    A good thing.

Increase to SP and increase in short positions are both great, especially in tandem.

In a couple of earnings reports, I might have to buy a new house.

Posted via Z10
    05-09-13 06:18 PM
    I think I will buy back the shares I sold last week in my TSFA. I only have 5000 in there for now (yes, I know, should be more) but my income is UBER low since I am a student so 90% of my stock money is in my margin account... So my taxes are low as a mofo. Will transfer it next year...
    Yep, I tried trading for a while but only seemed to break even or make small
    gains, so now I buy on dips and plan to hold until this takes off !!
    05-09-13 06:18 PM
    Lol, Scott Lefebvre on one shoulder, take99 on the other
    You guys are no help at all!!!
    05-09-13 06:19 PM
    You guys are no help at all!!!
    Isn't that always the way LOL
    05-09-13 06:23 PM
    Hey all, I'm back with a beer and catching up. First, regarding taxes, some brokerage accounts are tax exempt until you take the money out, then it is reported. I can trade all day long and no reports are generated until I transfer funds out of my brokerage account. So, be sure to ask your brokerage manager or advisor as they can all have different tax rules. Second, I'm monitoring Tesla (TSLA) to see how long the SP stays up after their squeeze yesterday AH. Isn't this exciting?
    Bugmapper, CDM76, take99 and 2 others like this.
    05-09-13 06:26 PM
    Also remember if you gain, it is taxable at whatever highest bracket you hit with your income, probably not worth the risk unless you "knew" it was going to double or something like that.
    I thought it was taxed as capital gains, not income tax?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-09-13 06:39 PM
    Yes, in Canada anyway.
    05-09-13 06:42 PM
    I totally agree with Take99, and not go down that road. We have seen over and over again how the bear (and shorter) have made false story. I am not sure about about all this talk about short squeeze . I will wait and see if this happens. Hopefully it will be a green day Friday leading up to BB Live. TH will probably give update on the Q10 and the vision of where BB wants to go. I believe BB have a vision of one unit to cover our need for a phone, tablet and home computing, but iit all starts with the phone and the new operating system. Should be a interesting next week.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 06:42 PM
    Depending on your brokerage account, the country, state your account is in. There are so many variables you have to call your advisor or account manager and ask. Usually the customer service is fast and free so dial away or send an email. My advisor told me that my rules apply to where the account is held, which my account HQ is in Texas but my branch is in Colorado. Luckily, both states have the same tax rules but not all do so you have to check.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-09-13 06:44 PM
    Hey all, I'm back with a beer and catching up. First, regarding taxes, some brokerage accounts are tax exempt until you take the money out, then it is reported. I can trade all day long and no reports are generated until I transfer funds out of my brokerage account. So, be sure to ask your brokerage manager or advisor as they can all have different tax rules. Second, I'm monitoring Tesla (TSLA) to see how long the SP stays up after their squeeze yesterday AH. Isn't this exciting?
    Careful on the TSLA...Goldman Sachs downgraded them: UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Tesla Motors to Neutral Following 1Q Results | Benzinga
    05-09-13 06:45 PM
    I totally agree with Take99, and not go down that road. We have seen over and over again how the bear (and shorter) have made false story. I am not sure about about all this talk about short squeeze . I will wait and see if this happens. Hopefully it will be a green day Friday leading up to BB Live. TH will probably give update on the Q10 and the vision of where BB wants to go. I believe BB have a vision of one unit to cover our need for a phone, tablet and home computing, but iit all starts with the phone and the new operating system. Should be a interesting next week.
    I doubt he will release any actual numbers but rather say how things are going. He'll also give more insight into mobile computing and the general direction of the company. Hopefully this drives some increases but it might not. Time will tell but something needs to happen. This is ridiculous.
    05-09-13 06:49 PM
    05-09-13 06:49 PM
    Yeah I think you're right on that actually. I think you can make up to a certain amount as well without being taxed. Maybe someone else can chime in
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-09-13 06:51 PM
    I'm just waiting to see how long it takes to drop back again, then I'll buy back in.
    Charles Martin1 and plane6065 like this.
    05-09-13 06:57 PM
    I'm just waiting to see how long it takes to drop back again, then I'll buy back in.
    I'm buying in as well. Too good to pass up.
    05-09-13 07:30 PM
    I'm buying in as well. Too good to pass up.
    You buying some TSLA?? Awesome!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-09-13 07:38 PM
113,256 ... 927928929930931 ...