View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    PSA - I notice a lot of you saying the thanks button disappeared. I noticed this happens when I haven't refreshed the page but I make a new post. All the other new posts made since my last page refresh show up ahead of mine but missing the thanks or like button. You just have to refresh again and they re-appear.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-09-13 04:37 PM
    The Greatest reason WHY we will probably see a short squeeze, is because The Americans with all the Money, haven't figured out what the rest of the world has. They see Blackberry like Canadians see Nokia and windows phone here.

The problem with that, is that Blackberry will sell well throughout the world. Not as strongly in the USA but it should make some pretty decent sales there as well. Using the USA as a gauge is a HUGE mistake.

They are only looking inside of the USA. It's perfect really.
    05-09-13 04:39 PM
    Hi Rebekah,

This depends on many factors such as: investor sentiment, institutional ownership, prospects for future growth, short interest dynamics etc. It's very difficult to predict exactly what will happen after a "short squeeze" as a result of these varying factors. That said, I would direct you to the NFLX chart as it has "squeezed" this year, and continued to rally up until recently. As Yang stated, it's normal for some retracement to occur after a squeeze as investors want to collect their profits. The real key is to not sell so early that you miss out on further days of gain, but also that you don't sell too late. Very tricky!
    Agreed. And sometimes short squeezes happen due to a rumor! If the rumor ends up being true then the post-short-squeeze price could hold; if the rumor ends up being false, then people panic sell and you get a long squeeze (yes, that happens too!). The difference is that investors long stock are not "forced" to sell in the same sense investors who are short stock--but they do panic and want to get out. It is indeed all very tricky...
    05-09-13 04:41 PM
    PSA - I notice a lot of you saying the thanks button disappeared. I noticed this happens when I haven't refreshed the page but I make a new post. All the other new posts made since my last page refresh show up ahead of mine but missing the thanks or like button. You just have to refresh again and they re-appear.
    Refreshed a ton of times with no luck. Oh well. It happens. I've got it back now that I'm on my BlackBerry instead.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:42 PM
    He's 66 so even older folks really like what BlackBerry has done with the new OS.
    Posted via CB10
    I resent resemble that remark....... 66 is not old ... or as a good guy friend of mine says "Your as young as the woman you feel"
    05-09-13 04:45 PM
    Refreshed a ton of times with no luck. Oh well. It happens. I've got it back now that I'm on my BlackBerry instead.

I read somewhere it has to do with cold sparkley amber liquid consumption...I find it works.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-09-13 04:47 PM
    I've been doing some reading and some say that "stock price often falls back down to where it was before the squeeze happened, or even further." I dunno if I like this or not. Since it would take some more time to rally back up to peak-squeeze share prices no?
    input? Newbie squeeze here lol
    I hope you were able to read the other responses to your good question. With respect to your comment "I dunno if I like this or not," I think I can answer that: You *don't* like this.

While I don't like the rumors circulating around BBRY and a possibly buy out (I personally just don't see that happening--at least not any time soon), I think if this stock gets squeezed it's because it's undervalued at this price and that sooner or later the short investors are going to realize that and panic. If a short squeeze results due to that realization, the stock price would have no reason to fall back to its pre-squeeze level. And as Fedakd pointed out, there are examples that simply don't show that this necessarily occurs. If you made a study of this subject, I think you would better understand those circumstances that lead to a post-short-squeeze pullback and those that don't--it certainly is not a rule.
    05-09-13 04:49 PM
    I thought there was also a daily (or 24h?) limit, and once you use that up you have to wait a bit to regain some of your "thanks quota". Never really investigated whether that was true... just something I deduced after observation.
    05-09-13 04:50 PM
    I went to rogers today also to check out the Q and i love the feel of it and i missed the keyboard so verrryyy much. I think im just going to have both so may pick up the Q later this week. My Z needs some company

Just a side note. I just got a BBM from my dad who played with both the Z and Q today out in BC. Said the sales guy was knowledgeable and owned the Z himself. Now he's torn between the two but will be deciding in the next day or two. He's 66 so even older folks really like what BlackBerry has done with the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:54 PM
    That's nuts. And if you take into acount that about 60% of the stock is institutionaly owned, that leaves only about 6% left for them to **** with..... assuming that the institutional portion is held and can't be loaned out.
    And we know that they are not getting Morgan's 5%
    05-09-13 04:55 PM
    I resent "Your as young as the woman you feel"
    This is a little confusing to me.
    Did you mean that as a woman, you're as young as the woman you feel? Or did you mean that as a man, you're as young as the woman you 'feel'?
    I agree with the former statement, but the latter...now to think of it, it's probably true too...LOL
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-09-13 04:57 PM
    The Greatest reason WHY we will probably see a short squeeze, is because The Americans with all the Money, haven't figured out what the rest of the world has. They see Blackberry like Canadians see Nokia and windows phone here.

The problem with that, is that Blackberry will sell well throughout the world. Not as strongly in the USA but it should make some pretty decent sales there as well. Using the USA as a gauge is a HUGE mistake.

They are only looking inside of the USA. It's perfect really.
    I think you are right that Americans won't see thus until the Q10 is out here. But once every wall street investor can't turn around without seeing someone with a new blackberry then we will see some action. That will be scary to the shorts. I go into lots of meetings where folks have a blackberry for work sitting on the table but an iPhone for personnel tucked in their pocket. When that blackberry also has a great OS then it will get used more and more. Right now lots of folks think they own their last blackberry. But the Q10 is going to change a lot of minds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-13 05:02 PM
    I went to rogers today also to check out the Q and i love the feel of it and i missed the keyboard so verrryyy much. I think im just going to have both so may pick up the Q later this week. My Z needs some company
    I want the Q as well but would love to have the same number for both, any one know if this
    is even possible or is call forwarding my only option. Or maybe change the sim card back
    and fourth which seems lake a pain. I really want both the Z and Q bad, oh and maybe
    the Aristo and R... oh I better stop now LOL..
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-09-13 05:07 PM
    This is a little confusing to me.
    Did you mean that as a woman, you're as young as the woman you feel? Or did you mean that as a man, you're as young as the woman you 'feel'?
    I agree with the former statement, but the latter...now to think of it, it's probably true too...LOL
    My friend with the quote is male, so the latter ... but it works just as well if a female says "I am a young as the man I feel" ..
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    05-09-13 05:12 PM
    I want the Q as well but would love to have the same number for both, any one know if this
    is even possible or is call forwarding my only option. Or maybe change the sim card back
    and fourth which seems lake a pain. I really want both the Z and Q bad, oh and maybe
    I plan to use the Q for work days and the Z for weekends and holidays. I'm used to swap from my LE to my Z10 regularly. That SIM swap is really easy. Only anticipate that you need some time for synchronisation (set bbid for BBM) . But you can leave both powered on and rely on wifi for the one w/o SIM inserted. Likewise you don't even have to worry about email sync for instance.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:14 PM
    I'm telling you, it may not be too far-fetched once apps are complete in the ecosystem, to see a "touch" X10 device that is like an ipod, but on BB10. The demand may be there a year from now when BB10 gets better penetration.
    05-09-13 05:19 PM
    I now use a Google voice number as the primary number that people call, I think you can also get one for Skype. it works perfect for incoming calls and it was great for outgoing when the Google voice app worked on my 9930, but as that's gone I have to use the browser .. still works though. That's how I would work it if I got one of each.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-09-13 05:24 PM
    05-09-13 05:29 PM
    Hey, LONGS on BB, thanks for letting me short your shares, again, great morning so far in the markets, all good,
    Back in cash, 2x shorting BB, 1x long HOD, +2.71% roi so far today.
    Pump 'er up BBoys, BB is going to get crushed as we come to the close today, markets are set up nicely for a bloodbath, ditto on the EU$, this does not even factor in the bs channel checks that Heinzboy and cronies are yapping about. Show me some real numbers, until then, short is the trade. Day traders rule. All the best, everyone.
    Cheers, BB_T
    Your can't actually be long HOD right? If your long HOD you're going to get spanked by the rollover. Looks at the long term chart, HOD and HOU are purely short term trades. You're way better off shorting HOD and HOU.
    05-09-13 05:33 PM
    ill be switching my sim card back and forth haha its like a pair of shoes...what phone should i bring out today :P

05-09-13 05:36 PM
    Good day. Enjoying myself with this pint.......or 4...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20130522.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:36 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY)’s Wild Card - Insider Monkey
    Apologizing if this has been posted before. Good to see some positive sentiments.
    05-09-13 05:42 PM
    Wait im a little curious about this, shorting means they have to borrow the shares but that includes a interest doesn't it?so with a 30%+ shorted i wonder how much interest is paid every month.....and once they have to cover that adds onto the cost. This is a little nuts isnt it..or am i wrong about the interest?
    05-09-13 05:43 PM
    05-09-13 05:47 PM
    Grrrr... I feel the greed coming on again. I don't like to trade outside registered accounts, but this is really looking like a breakout setting up, and my registered accounts are maxed out. I could put another $60,000 down to take advantage in the short term, but it would have to be in a cash account.

Bahhhhh. Somebody hold me down.
    05-09-13 05:50 PM
113,256 ... 926927928929930 ...