• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Schwing!!!
    Boingggggg!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-09-13 03:34 PM
    Oh... and lcjr.... although you may have sold before the top of your TSLA, you got out above the closing number so once again, good job and congrats.
    05-09-13 03:35 PM
    Insane that short interest continues to increase.

I may have to send another bundle into my account!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-09-13 03:35 PM
    is that a good thing or bad thing?
    I like it.
    jmehta22 likes this.
    05-09-13 03:37 PM
    Insane that short interest continues to increase.

I may have to send another bundle into my account!

Posted via CB10
    And with the price dropping another $1.50 from the 30th until yesterday... there are even more shorts now.
    05-09-13 03:38 PM
    And with the price dropping another $1.50 from the 30th until yesterday... there are even more shorts now.
    Yip..
    Likely
    05-09-13 03:42 PM
    I haven't got a clue lol. I know from reading about Icohns exploits that it's generally a slow painful death for whomever he targets but that was primarily back in the junk bond days. I would think slow...over several or even many many months.

I know if it hit 40 I won't sell, then likely not at 50...much rather lose 5 or 8 bucks than not wait for the top.

Posted via CB10
    Short squeezes do not span weeks or months; they are typically limited to a few trading sessions. The best way to estimate the duration of a short squeeze is to determine the "days to cover" value. This takes the average trading volume of the stock and the short-interest totals and estimates how many trading sessions would be needed in order for the shorts to cover (buy and thus close) their position. As far as the magnitude goes, that's more difficult to say. But it will certainly be north of $17 (an amount mentioned earlier)--I feel that a three-day squeeze could easily take the stock to $20+ levels (expect a sell-off after the squeeze as "loose hands" grab profits). I hold the very strong opinion that a short squeeze in BBRY is a matter of "when" and not "if".
    05-09-13 03:44 PM
    Maybe next week sometime we can hit $16...and hold it this time..
    05-09-13 03:45 PM
    I really like the fact that even after their strong attempts to derail this stock this week, all they could do was take us down a few percent. With more assumed and theorized "bad news", and some serious sell off's, all that happened was yet another higher low.
    05-09-13 03:49 PM
    Time to squeeze those mofos out!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, tygros and cjcampbell like this.
    05-09-13 03:49 PM
    bloody hell... my thanks button is missing again.
    YangFui likes this.
    05-09-13 03:50 PM
    Well, off to more meetings. I'll be back on later...with a beer...
    cjcampbell and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-09-13 03:51 PM
    bloody hell... my thanks button is missing again.
    I'll give you a sympathy thanks for that!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-09-13 03:52 PM
    And a thank you to you as well sir.. haha.
    YangFui likes this.
    05-09-13 03:55 PM
    Anyone holding over a year due to tax benefits? If bbry does shoot up, not sure if I should sell and buy back as i wouldn't get the 10% break. I am guessing i could make the 10% up off a dip but could backfire. Anyone else thinking about this in their trading strategy?
    05-09-13 04:07 PM
    Yes thanks for the info...what do you think is happening to Netflix?...I've read they are calling it a squeeze but yet it's like the ever-ready bunny and keeps on going.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:09 PM
    I've been doing some reading and some say that "stock price often falls back down to where it was before the squeeze happened, or even further." I dunno if I like this or not. Since it would take some more time to rally back up to peak-squeeze share prices no?
    input? Newbie squeeze here lol
    lcjr likes this.
    05-09-13 04:10 PM
    I think we are going to start to hear about BES 10 deployments fairly soon

Enterprise BlackBerry 10 upgrade strategies include iOS, Android
    05-09-13 04:13 PM
    Anyone holding over a year due to tax benefits? If bbry does shoot up, not sure if I should sell and buy back as i wouldn't get the 10% break. I am guessing i could make the 10% up off a dip but could backfire. Anyone else thinking about this in their trading strategy?
    Not me. The little I do have invested is in a TFSA so it's all free profit anyway

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-09-13 04:20 PM
    So what everyone is saying is sell on this rumour and buy back when its confirmed false?

Or hope to god this rumour is true and see the shorts run?
    What I say, and this is JMHO, is... stay calm and look further, unless you have a significant experience in trading and a wallet loaded enough to swipe the fixed fees . That's my plan. Nothing brilliant nor optimized... just the plan from day 1

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and Dapper37 like this.
    05-09-13 04:20 PM
    Hi Rebekah,

This depends on many factors such as: investor sentiment, institutional ownership, prospects for future growth, short interest dynamics etc. It's very difficult to predict exactly what will happen after a "short squeeze" as a result of these varying factors. That said, I would direct you to the NFLX chart as it has "squeezed" this year, and continued to rally up until recently. As Yang stated, it's normal for some retracement to occur after a squeeze as investors want to collect their profits. The real key is to not sell so early that you miss out on further days of gain, but also that you don't sell too late. Very tricky!

I've been doing some reading and some say that "stock price often falls back down to where it was before the squeeze happened, or even further." I dunno if I like this or not. Since it would take some more time to rally back up to peak-squeeze share prices no?
    input? Newbie squeeze here lol
    05-09-13 04:22 PM
    What I say, and this is JMHO, is... stay calm and look further, unless you have a significant experience in trading and a wallet loaded enough to swipe the fixed fees . That's my plan. Nothing brilliant nor optimized... just the plan from day 1

Posted via CB10
    Sound advice indeed. Everything has to be looked at in context. We had rumors drag this thing down prior to today, that were blatantly refuted by a more reputable analyst on Wednesday. Then some even more positive news came out showing greater Q10 demand than thought...
    We should be back above $15.50 if we say that was fair market value prior to false rumors.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-09-13 04:29 PM
    Just a side note. I just got a BBM from my dad who played with both the Z and Q today out in BC. Said the sales guy was knowledgeable and owned the Z himself. Now he's torn between the two but will be deciding in the next day or two. He's 66 so even older folks really like what BlackBerry has done with the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:30 PM
    Yes thanks for the info...what do you think is happening to Netflix?...I've read they are calling it a squeeze but yet it's like the ever-ready bunny and keeps on going.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure who "they" is but let's just say there is a lot of misinformation out there... To touch on NFLX, I see what looks like a squeeze from 4/19 to 4/23 and a relatively mild pullback in the subsequent couple of trading weeks. The only way to know whether that was a short squeeze or just euphoric buying activity is to study the short-interest numbers during that time and see how those numbers changed (I think everyone who follows NFLX agrees that this 3-day 4/19-4/23 move [spanning a weekend] was indeed a short squeeze). A "short squeeze" is a very specific phenomenon during which investors who shorted stock are either FORCED (yes, forced--due to legal requirements surrounding margin calls) to buy stock, have stop-loss trades pending, or who panic and buy to cover. It's not a leisurely sort of "I think I'll buy a few shares back in the next few days when I find a moment to place an order..."--it's more like: "OMG! The sky is falling and I'm wrong about my position and I'm going to lose my shirt if I don't cover my position NOW."

After a short squeeze there can be subsequent short squeeze, however. After a short squeeze some of the shorts who covered want to get back into the game, figuring that the price of the stock is again too high and they try to profit from that. But it takes a while for the short-interest numbers to build, and if the stock pulls back along the way, the shorts seem more convinced that the stock has been overbought. In time, this could produce another squeeze especially for a company that is on a long-term rise. Once again, you need to look at short interest numbers in comparison to the float to determine whether a short squeeze is possible on the stock in question. People who call any short-term stock-price increase a "short squeeze" often are not using the correct terminology to describe what they're observing. It is entirely possible for a stock to pop 15% with little to no short interest. That's not a short squeeze, it's just really great to see (if you're long!).
    05-09-13 04:34 PM
    3.29 and 3.96% up today...nice. And thank you Yang_Fui

Posted via CB10
    YangFui likes this.
    05-09-13 04:36 PM
113,256 ... 925926927928929 ...