View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They'd either buy you out at some predetermined price approved by the board or give you equal value (of buyout price) in their company (at least this is what I believe would happen)
    Imagine if it was just $16 per share...that would rot me...
    Kid Vibe, lcjr, take99 and 1 others like this.
    05-09-13 02:39 PM
    Afternoon folks,

Still no word on the Icahn rumor? What about the IBM buyout talks. Who started it.......no links, nothing. What if this is all a new bear raid tactic to drive false hope to force a drop using reverse tactics =S.

Sigh. Watching TSLA & the past FSLR, what is hopefully to come to BB.

I just hope there are more shorts adding to their positions to make a bigger pop.
    lcjr likes this.
    That would suck a bag of balls.
    They'd either buy you out at some predetermined price approved by the board or give you equal value (of buyout price) in their company (at least this is what I believe would happen)
    Thanks again man. I know how to find those answers, but today I'm just swamped at work so I appreciate it.
    new_me222 and cjcampbell like this.
    There's no way the board would approve that. I can't see Prem taking a loss on a buyout offer.
    Bugmapper and lcjr like this.
    05-09-13 02:40 PM
    That would suck giant elephant balls.
    I'm trying not to picture that but now i'm rolling here... lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-09-13 02:40 PM
    That would suck a bag of balls.
    Yip...that's partly why trading it may be a good thing. There's no guarantee of a squeeze.

I don't day trade though...
    05-09-13 02:42 PM
    I'm trying not to picture that but now i'm rolling here... lol
    Would be a mouthful that's for sure.....
    05-09-13 02:44 PM
    Can we hold at $15.40? Go BBRY Go
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-09-13 02:45 PM
    Yip...that's partly why trading it may be a good thing. There's no guarantee of a squeeze.

I don't day trade though...
    Keep in mind that buyout rumors, even if proven true, always have a price become public well before board approval. So there would most definitely be a squeeze. Maybe even enough to force a decline of offer.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    05-09-13 02:48 PM
    My guess at short interest is 158 million shares....

down from 164 million
    05-09-13 02:49 PM
    A few minutes early but it's time to.....

Young Black Teenagers - Tap the Bottle (Twist the Cap) - YouTube

and enjoy a tasty cold beverage
    05-09-13 02:49 PM
    There's no way the board would approve that. I can't see Prem taking a loss on a buyout offer.
    He'd take a loss if a premium were paid. And we all know bbry is worth twice the current quote. Prem also knows this.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:50 PM
    My guess at short interest is 158 million shares....

down from 164 million
    I'm going to say 180 million
    Bugmapper and tygros like this.
    05-09-13 02:51 PM
    If it goes up that much I'm gonna sell my truck, and take out as many loans as I can get and dump it into BB.
    05-09-13 02:53 PM
    Including Canada, I'll say 188M

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:53 PM
    My my...Catherine is looking lovely today...she just winked at me again too

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:56 PM
    4.29 per share? Yes please! More here from scotia than my previous post

May 9, 2013, 3:38 P.M. ET
    BBRY: Scotia Sees BES 10 Upside; Larger Future in ‘M2M’ Networks
    Email
    Print

smaller
    Larger
    By Tiernan Ray

Scotia Capital‘s Gus Papageorgiou today reiterates a Sector Outperform rating on shares of BlackBerry (BBRY), and a $22.35 price target on the ordinary shares traded in Toronto (BBTO), writing that the Street’s estimates for both device sales and for the company’s services business are too low.

Papageorgiou is modeling $19.9 billion (US$) for the fiscal year ending next February, and $4.29 per share in profit, way, way above the $13.2 billion and 27 cents the Street is modeling.

Papageorgiou’s first point is that the “BlackBerry Enterprise Server,” or BES, which has been updated to handle multiple different mobile devices, including Apple‘s (AAPL) iPhone and iPad, and devices based on Google‘s (GOOG) Android software, presents a simpler way for companies to manage those devices than competing products:

BlackBerry is expected to launch an update to BES at BlackBerry Live in Orlando on May 14 which will support a new feature called Secure Work
    Space. We believe Secure Work Space is the most compelling feature to be included in the BES 10.1 update. Secure Work Space is a secure container BlackBerry puts onto iOS or Android devices and allows these non-BlackBerry devices to connect to enterprise infrastructure through BlackBerry’s Network Operations Centre (NOC). Essentially, iOS and Android devices can now benefit from the same secure data connection to corporate infrastructure that every BlackBerry has [...] The concept of putting a secure container on devices is not novel; in fact, practically all other bring your own device (BYOD) solutions have competing solutions, however our discussions with IT professionals indicate BlackBerry’s implementation is the most elegant. Without modifying existing apps, the IT manager can push IT-approved (whitelisted) apps to the Secure Work Space residing on the devices [...] The primary benefit is that corporate applications can now interface with enterprise infrastructure by leverage BlackBerry’s secure data network [...] Compared to the leading
    secure container solution, Good Dynamics, we believe BlackBerry’s Secure Work Space has a number of advantages: 1.) Apps deployed to Good Dynamics may require modifications to the code to implement, whereas BlackBerry claims their solution will deploy existing applications with no modifications. 2.) If a corporation already supports BlackBerry 10, we see no advantage to deploying Good’s solution. Implementing a Good system will require
    additional hardware and increase operating costs due to complexity. 3.) BlackBerry’s Secure Work Space license includes a copy of BlackBerry’s productivity suite, Docs To Go, whereas Good adopters will need to license a separate suite of tools. Deploying BlackBerry 10 as a cross-platform mobile device management platform makes economic and technological sense.

If BlackBerry can add $7.10 per month for non-BlackBerry devices coming onto its network, in addition to the 19.4 million enterprise subscribers it currently has, that could add 10 cents per share in EPS for every 1 million devices brought on.

Papageorgiou thinks bringing those client devices on the network, moreover, might lead to the “BBM” instant-messaging software long used on BlackBerry going “cross-platform” on the Apple and Google and other devices:

All iOS and Android devices now have a trusted, secure container that will connect to BlackBerry’s NOC. With the groundwork to connect non-BlackBerry devices with BlackBerry’s infrastructure completed, we believe enabling BBM is trivial.

That, in turn, could “be laying the groundwork to a much larger mobile computing vision, in which BlackBerry uses the “QNX” operating system kernel underlying its BlackBerry 10 operating system as a means to tie together the many devices that would communicate in so-called “machine to machine,” or M2M, communications, a widely discussed industry vision of all sorts of devices communicating:

The amount of traffic that will be generated is something that BlackBerry’s infrastructure has never experienced before. This is where BBM across mobile platforms comes into play as a way to scale up traffic across its network. By deploying BBM to different platforms, BlackBerry could be proving out its M2M concept: a large heterogeneous sample of devices sending small bits of data across its network.

Lastly, in contrast to negative reports speculating about uncertain demand for the recently introduced Z10 and Q10 handsets, Papageorgiou thinks sales are running ahead of expectations, and he speculates an update on sales could come with next week’s BlackBerry Live user conference in Orlando, Florida:

The company may also provide an update on BB10 device volumes during the event. The company launched the Q10 in May in the UK and Canada to great success. Many stores have reported stock outs of the device. We believe the Q10 will usher in a strong upgrade cycle as existing die-hard keyboard fans will find the experience significantly improved over previous generation devices. If BlackBerry was able to sell 1M Z10s last quarter, we have no doubt the Q10 will sell significantly more than that. We believe the Q10 is currently at 3x the build rate of the Z10. Also factor in that the Z10 had a full quarter of sales and wider distribution, particularly to the U.S. We believe our estimate for 3.6M BB10 devices is easily achievable and with hardware margins around the 50% mark, we should see consolidated gross margins increase significantly.
    05-09-13 02:59 PM
    A few minutes early but it's time to.....

Young Black Teenagers - Tap the Bottle (Twist the Cap) - YouTube

and enjoy a tasty cold beverage
    Made me want to bust a move. lol and a beer... lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-09-13 02:59 PM
    Wow -- 154,452 shares in one trade right at close @ $15.39
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 03:00 PM
    15.39 on Nasdaq
    15.49 on TSX

Not bad. Time for some beers.
    05-09-13 03:01 PM
    If it goes up that much I'm gonna sell my truck, and take out as many loans as I can get and dump it into BB.
    Please break it down for me. What happens with 180 million short interest?
    05-09-13 03:01 PM
    My my...Catherine is looking lovely today...she just winked at me again too

Posted via CB10
    I like how she keeps looking over at me. It's as though she just can't resist. Lol
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 03:03 PM
    Wow -- 154,452 shares in one trade right at close @ $15.39
    Nice, got em in! Lol
    cjcampbell and tygros like this.
    05-09-13 03:04 PM
    Made me want to bust a move. lol and a beer... lol
    Glad you liked it. It may not be the "oldies" of your choice but it's still about 20 years since it was out. lol.... damn... I feel old now.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-09-13 03:05 PM
113,250 ... 923924925926927 ...