View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Aristo and R10 are all but confirmed for this year - so it'll be one or both of those + Q10.
    R10 is rumored to be in manufacturing already.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:23 AM
    R10 is rumored to be in manufacturing already.

Posted via CB10
    Yes... and Sprint did love the Curve more than AT&T - not sure where Vz stood...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 08:24 AM
    Add another Z10 to our family. For my youngest daughter a white Z10.

I have been saving my MasterCard "rewards points" and collecting Futures Shop gift cards with them. I have about $2,500 worth of Future Shop gift cards.

So yesterday I drove 250 km round trip (had to take my F150 drive shaft to get rebalanced. Note: will never, ever buy Ford again LoL) and bought a white Z10 outright using gift cards.

My other two daughters want the Q10 but Future Shop won't sell outright yet unless I go on contract. I am through with contracts. Never again. I am free to go to the best deal with my "unlocked" BlackBerries.

(end of rant)
    One of the best trucks I've had was a 1984 Ford Lariat camper special. Ah, nice memories in that old truck.

These days I'd only buy a GMC 3500 diesel. I've found that the Fords have gotten a whole lot nicer looking but not so sure about the reliability anymore.

For now, I'm a Golf TDI and minivan sorta guy...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 08:28 AM
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1jm...VVdEJGU3M/edit
    Scotia Bank Note to investors... Very nice!
    "BlackBerry will hold its annual BlackBerry Live event in Orlando May 14-16. The
    . keynote will be held on Tuesday, May 14 at 9:00 am EST.
    BES 10.1 to usher in mobile computing. Could add $0.75 in EPS annually.
    BlackBerry's updated server will allow iOS and Android devices to access
    corporate servers without the need for VPN. This makes BlackBerry's
    cross-platform solution very compelling and could help it gain market share in
    the mobile device management space.
    . BBM could go cross-platform. Because non-BlackBerry devices will be able to
    access BlackBerry's infrastructure, we believe the groundwork has been laid out
    to port BBM to other platforms. BBM could be used as incentive for enterprises
    to support BlackBerry Secure Work Space over competing solutions.
    . Update on BB10 volumes. We believe the company may give an update on BB10
    volumes. The Q10 has been selling very well in the UK and Canada with stock outs
    at many locations. We estimate the company will sell approximately 3.6M BB10
    devices in FQ1.
    . Significant upside opportunity. Buy the stock. We believe the Street's estimates
    for both hardware and services are too low. With the Q10 selling out and BES
    10.1 providing cross-platform BlackBerry services, we believe BlackBerry is
    well-positioned to beat the Street. We maintain our Sector Outperform rating"
    05-09-13 08:29 AM
    So we are going up on another take over rumour. Doesn't the b.s stop. Such manipulation.
    05-09-13 08:30 AM
    I say give BB_Trader a break. He is on the other side of the trade. As long as he isn't ranting or rude, his opinion deserves airing. Think of it as getting a sneak peek at the enemies battle plan. I would never short as its too dark and sinister for me (like going to Las Vegas and betting with the house), but given the low volume and low float, when folks here "buy on the dip" there is a good chance those shares are being generated by some activity of BB_Trader and his short position. It takes two sides to make a trade. We may think he's got it wrong, but to date, he's been as wrong or right as the buy and holders.

JMHO, but I'd rather read what he has to say then yet another post about how unfair and rigged the US stock market is and how BBRY should delist. But that's just me....
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 05-09-13 at 08:38 AM. Reason: fixed an error, more coffeeplz
    05-09-13 08:30 AM
    Agree...but drop the name calling...not helpful.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:35 AM
    So we are going up on another take over rumour. Doesn't the b.s stop. Such manipulation.
    Man, as far as I'm concerned, they can manipulate the heck out of this as long as they keep following the RSI (10). LOL
    05-09-13 08:36 AM
    Hmm, no mention of the IBM stuff in the Scotia note. If fake, I apologize guys.

Good stuff from Gus on BBRY though.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 08:36 AM
    One of the best trucks I've had was a 1984 Ford Lariat camper special. Ah, nice memories in that old truck.

These days I'd only buy a GMC 3500 diesel. I've found that the Fords have gotten a whole lot nicer looking but not so sure about the reliability anymore.

For now, I'm a Golf TDI and minivan sorta guy...lol
    LOL... I have a mini van too, but still have a few sports cars. I also have a truck for business, tried Ford, GMC, but now very happy with a Tundra.

P.S. when we decided to have kids, my only condition was that I get too keep my sports cars and that I will not have to buy a mini van.
    Didn't work out that way, but I do still get to keep my toy cars, so that's ok I guess, plus the new Sienna is pretty good for a van and the kids love it - so it's all good...LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 08:44 AM
    It's been proven time and time again that buy and hold investors have the best returns on average. The worst are retail shorts. Hedge fund managers laugh at the retail shorters.
    You invest, trade, short, etc when it makes sense to do so.
    05-09-13 08:48 AM
    LOL... I have a mini van too, but still have a few sports cars. I also have a truck for business, tried Ford, GMC, but now very happy with a Tundra.

P.S. when we decided to have kids, my only condition was that I get too keep my sports cars and that I will not have to buy a mini van.
    Didn't work out that way, but I do still get to keep my toy cars, so that's ok I guess, plus the new Sienna is pretty good for a van and the kids love it - so it's all good...LOL
    In terms of toys I like boats and dirt bikes. I find they're the only things you are pretty well free to go crazy in/on without getting ticketed.
    05-09-13 08:51 AM
    Some good old fashion fun pics to help us keep the spirit up this AM...
    It's amazing how far BB has come from 4.0 to BB10 - truly amazing.
    The competition?
    Attachment 159843

Thanks. Just sent that to a friend who is a diehard Apple fan. Good laugh.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 08:52 AM
    In terms of toys I like boats and dirt bikes. I find their the only things you are pretty well free to go crazy in/on without getting ticketed.
    Can you get pulled over in a boat for speeding? Or is it super rare? lol
    05-09-13 08:53 AM
    Depends on the waterway. There are speed restrictions in certain areas.
    05-09-13 08:54 AM
    Depends where you are I suppose. Open ocean, do what you want.
    05-09-13 08:55 AM
    You invest, trade, short, etc when it makes sense to do so.
    Frequent traders over the long haul get the same returns but they pay more in commissions and are taxed, at least in the USA, at a higher rate.

Posted via CB10
    Tinomane likes this.
    05-09-13 09:01 AM
    Nice jump and dump with the stock today. So sick of this horse crap. And why is my z10 trying to capitalize the word crap?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:03 AM
    yah its a roller coaster this morning but i don't really care no more this needs to jump and jump it must
    05-09-13 09:05 AM
    was poking around under the BBRY tab in my Scottrade account and under SEC filings a filing dated March 31, 2013 stated >5% share purchase by PrimeCap?

Edit--- looks like its a amend, but don't see what changed.
    05-09-13 09:06 AM
    Some good old fashion fun pics to help us keep the spirit up this AM...
    It's amazing how far BB has come from 4.0 to BB10 - truly amazing.
    The competition?
    Attachment 159843
    You don't mess with something that works. iOS Works, isn't hard to figure out and not a lot of setting in different location to look for.... it works. And the problem is that you are looking only at the device, which isn't what owning an iPhone or iPad is really about, it's the whole ecosystem.

And I'm not talking about just big name apps, but little one that are designed for different professions or different industries that BB isn't even close to having access too. Never mind that iTunes is STILL the best way to get entertainment content - music, movies, tv shows or books. BBRY is trying, but App World is still not ready to server up all that content in a consumer friendly way - and where are books and a native Book Reader????
    05-09-13 09:08 AM
    In terms of toys I like boats and dirt bikes. I find they're the only things you are pretty well free to go crazy in/on without getting ticketed.
    True, but I broke my wrist and ankle on a dirt bike - sucks when you're short on a jump...
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-09-13 09:10 AM
    You don't mess with something that works. iOS Works, isn't hard to figure out and not a lot of setting in different location to look for.... it works. And the problem is that you are looking only at the device, which isn't what owning an iPhone or iPad is really about, it's the whole ecosystem.

And I'm not talking about just big name apps, but little one that are designed for different professions or different industries that BB isn't even close to having access too. Never mind that iTunes is STILL the best way to get entertainment content - music, movies, tv shows or books. BBRY is trying, but App World is still not ready to server up all that content in a consumer friendly way - and where are books and a native Book Reader????
    Why are people so sensitive these days? Man, heart attacks must be through the roof nowadays. If everyone just took the time to not get so hung up on things...yadda, yadda, yadda...
    bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    05-09-13 09:12 AM
    Nice...
    I too learned the F150 lesson, owned it for a weekend...was new, went fishing, mild 4x4 trail into my spot...the thing almost fell apart...four of the front diff anchor bolts sheared off , transfer case chain snapped and the walk out sucked...towed back to dealer and whined till I got my money back...bought a Power Wagon...gotta say that was the best fish mobile I ever had.

Posted via CB10
    LoL the F150 is my gurly truck. My RAM 3500 4x4 Cummins Diesel is my "real" truck.
    05-09-13 09:13 AM
    KFH you going to play any weekly lotto calls for the blackberry live event?
    05-09-13 09:14 AM
113,256 ... 912913914915916 ...