• No

427 37.82%
    Yes, at $14.85 and STILL in!

and I am over 21 years young
    lcjr and Alexander Tran like this.
    05-09-13 05:40 AM
    Yes, at $14.85 and STILL in!

and I am over 21 years young
    Lol. Probably won't be able to sell until late next week or so.
    CanadianBB82 likes this.
    05-09-13 05:44 AM
    "Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 17 cents, or 1%, at $14.99, after analysts with Macquarie Capital, who have a Neutral rating on the shares, nevertheless write that the stock is set up for a short squeeze, possibly to $17, based on overly negative sentiment about its Z10 handset, and based on possible upside for the Q10 handset."

This Morning: FIO Plunges as CEO Leaves, CTSH Rising, BBRY Short Squeeze Coming? - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 05:58 AM
    Could the short interest have actually gone up again for BBRY?
    05-09-13 06:01 AM
    Is anyone here going to BlackBerry Live?
    05-09-13 06:03 AM
    "Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 17 cents, or 1%, at $14.99, after analysts with Macquarie Capital, who have a Neutral rating on the shares, nevertheless write that the stock is set up for a short squeeze, possibly to $17, based on overly negative sentiment about its Z10 handset, and based on possible upside for the Q10 handset."

This Morning: FIO Plunges as CEO Leaves, CTSH Rising, BBRY Short Squeeze Coming? - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    All the way to $17 eh? Well that's one hell of a short squeeze. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:09 AM
    Lol. Probably won't be able to sell until late next week or so.
    If things do not go well and I give it a 50/50 chance, I will be out today!
    Then there is always a chance things go well. If it does, I will likely be out soon as my stops will be set very close to prevent any lose.

I love the stock market!
    05-09-13 06:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would love to see $17 but you can bet it will only last a short time before the bears came in to attack! I have a hard time imagining $17 but you never know!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-09-13 06:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm thinking...but if that's all they can give me right now I'll take it. Hopefully by next week sometime.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-09-13 06:19 AM
    Morning...coffee is smelling great and I'm feeling a three plus percent win in the air for today... seems to be the pattern lately, we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:20 AM
    I would love to see $17 but you can bet it will only last a short time before the bears came in to attack! I have a hard time imagining $17 but you never know!
    Yeah. This is going to be a trader until some really good numbers in June or September.
    zyben likes this.
    05-09-13 06:20 AM
    Yes please.
    Could the short interest have actually gone up again for BBRY?
    05-09-13 06:21 AM
    Yes please.
    Yes. I'd love to see 200 million.
    05-09-13 06:23 AM
    New York Times.
    Verizon Wireless Chief Sees Hope for New BlackBerry Phones

Jessica Rinaldi/ReutersDan Mead, president and chief executive of Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry?s phones havebeen off to a weak start in Canada,the home turf of the struggling handset maker. But the new BlackBerrys are getting a warm welcome from Verizon Wireless, the biggest American carrier.

Dan Mead, chief executive of Verizon Wireless, cheered on the new BlackBerry phones at an investor conference on Wednesday morning.He said Verizon Wireless customers are especially interested in the new BlackBerry phone that includes a physical keyboard, called the Q10 (the Q stands for ?qwerty?), which has yet to be released on the Verizon network.

BlackBerry?s new touch-screen smartphone, the Z10, has already turned in strong sales for Verizon, according to a recent analysis.

?We think that there is an important place for BlackBerry,? Mr. Mead said at the Jefferies 2013 Global Technology Media and Telecom Conference. ?We have a lot of BlackBerry customers on our network. There seems to be a hunger for the qwerty keyboard.?

Mr. Mead said BlackBerry added diversity to the handset market, which was good for the industry and for Verizon. Last quarter, 4 million of the 7.2 million smartphones sold by Verizon were iPhones.

Looks like the NYT could barely stick to the script. Stating off to a slow start in Canada and a stronger reception at Verizon? Oh well the read is generally positive.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 06:28 AM
    I'm thinking that we need a section for all the sentimental stuff. Like quiet room or something...lol
    We already have one but nobody uses it. Superfly_Fr's Stockberrian thread.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 06:29 AM
    New York Times.
    Verizon Wireless Chief Sees Hope for New BlackBerry Phones

Jessica Rinaldi/ReutersDan Mead, president and chief executive of Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry?s phones havebeen off to a weak start in Canada,the home turf of the struggling handset maker. But the new BlackBerrys are getting a warm welcome from Verizon Wireless, the biggest American carrier.

Dan Mead, chief executive of Verizon Wireless, cheered on the new BlackBerry phones at an investor conference on Wednesday morning.He said Verizon Wireless customers are especially interested in the new BlackBerry phone that includes a physical keyboard, called the Q10 (the Q stands for ?qwerty?), which has yet to be released on the Verizon network.

BlackBerry?s new touch-screen smartphone, the Z10, has already turned in strong sales for Verizon, according to a recent analysis.

?We think that there is an important place for BlackBerry,? Mr. Mead said at the Jefferies 2013 Global Technology Media and Telecom Conference. ?We have a lot of BlackBerry customers on our network. There seems to be a hunger for the qwerty keyboard.?

Mr. Mead said BlackBerry added diversity to the handset market, which was good for the industry and for Verizon. Last quarter, 4 million of the 7.2 million smartphones sold by Verizon were iPhones.

Looks like the NYT could barely stick to the script. Stating off to a slow start in Canada and a stronger reception at Verizon? Oh well the read is generally positive.

Posted via CB10
    It was a great interview.
    05-09-13 06:30 AM
    re: short interest ... trade the trend, short, that is where the money is as of late.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...7/#post8448619

Cheers, BB_T
    05-09-13 06:30 AM
    We already have one but nobody uses it. Superfly_Fr's Stockberrian thread.
    Too bad we can't make a thread within a thread.... sort of like a sub-thread.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 06:32 AM
    re: short interest ... trade the trend, short, that is where the money is as of late.

Cheers, BB_T
    Hi, welcome to my ignore list.
    05-09-13 06:42 AM
    Too bad we can't make a thread within a thread.... sort of like a sub-thread.

Posted via CB10
    Or if we could mark our posts as on or off topic, by background color or some other way to filter them.
    05-09-13 06:46 AM
    If things do not go well and I give it a 50/50 chance, I will be out today!
    Then there is always a chance things go well. If it does, I will likely be out soon as my stops will be set very close to prevent any lose.

I love the stock market!
    Do you mind letting us know what your stop loss is set at? I'm curious how you play the drops in sp.
    05-09-13 06:47 AM
    Or if we could mark our posts as on or off topic, by background color or some other way to filter them.
    That's a great idea.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 06:55 AM

Cheers, BB_T
    BB Trader, I appreciate the input as I am sure so do most people.

I think we have to consider time horizons, if you are looking at the last 6 months the trend is very much not short, since september we are up from around $7/share. I guess if you are day trading that is a different story all together.

I personally have bought and held, for almost 2 years now, and continue to do so for at least another 2 years (depending).

As for your comments on my other thread, I am not sure what the reporting is like in the other smartphone companies, but i am sure it is similar. No one really knows the production and sales figures until the ER numbers are out. I thought BBRY's disclosure was similar to other companies. Anyone care to chime in on this...

PS you sound like a disgruntled ex-rim employee in that post, in which case i am skeptical about how emotionally detached your investment strategy is.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 06:58 AM
    Seems to be a little chatter about takeovers again.
    05-09-13 06:59 AM
    05-09-13 07:07 AM
113,256 ... 910911912913914 ...