View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oh, Short interest is being released tomorrow. YIPPEEE!

NASDAQ Short Interest Publication Schedule
    Add me to the list. I have shorted BB.

lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    05-08-13 09:32 PM
    I don't care if BBRY goes to $13 or $17. Just go one way or the other. I actually want $13 to come so I can buy more options (2015 jan calls). But I also want to unload some of my 2014s so I also want it to go up to $17.

I'd love for it to fluctuate between the two for a while so I can slowly migrate my 2014s to 2015. that would be awesome. Just realized that I should start this process recently. Should have started months ago though.
    I understand people want BB to stay down so they can continue to acquire shares, but if it doesn't go up then the accumulation is for not and your investment is waisted. I say we let it go up and we add as it does.
    05-08-13 09:37 PM
    Add me to the list. I have shorted BB.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...dzj1o1_250.gif
    Kid, you're kidding right?
    05-08-13 09:42 PM
    I want Dennis Rodman to get some hedgies to do us a solid and squeeze this puppy.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 159704
    lcjr, Markymark 23 and BBdotTO like this.
    05-08-13 09:45 PM
    Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia

Disclosure: I am long AAPL. (More...)

Misery loves company - it's human nature. The fact that it makes us feel better about ourselves to know that someone else just might have it "a little worse" than we do, is fundamentally pathetic. It goes against the purpose of humanity's progress. Nevertheless, in the stock market this type of thought is par for the course. Investors justify their holdings based on how badly a rival company's stock might be doing. But it's not always that simple.

The Race for Market Share

On Tuesday, we highlighted the difference between BlackBerry (BBRY) and Nokia (NOK), two beleaguered tech giants that are trying to make a comeback. We argued that BlackBerry, by virtue of its recent earnings report, which showed meaningful sales improvements and sequential advancements, has made significantly more progress than Nokia.

Nokia bulls disagreed, which was not a surprise. However it was nonetheless remarkable the degree to which investors are making excuses despite the glowing evidence. Nokia has become a poorly managed operation. By contrasts, BlackBerry, which has had its own issues with execution, is (at least) demonstrating that it plans on staying in the game. But Nokia bulls were quick to point out how BlackBerry has lost 80% of its value over the past couple of years. Regrettably, some investors cheered that Nokia shares were up yesterday, while BlackBerry was down - in premarket, no less.

That's fine, but in a forward-looking market, it's no longer a debate at this point as to which company has more upside - it's BlackBerry, especially since Apple (AAPL), which is still a "BMW," has demonstrated that it is no longer flawless. That said, BlackBerry is now in a comparable Audi (AUDVF.PK), while Nokia has entered a Kia (KIMTF.PK). And if Nokia's Q1 20% revenue decline serves as indication, it's likely just the 4-cylinder variety.

There's no way Nokia will be able to keep up in the race. Remarkably, the company does not seem to be gaining traction even as it seems that Apple has entered an "innovation lull." Plus, investors have to wonder if Nokia, which just missed earnings by as much as 10%, is unable to advance as Samsung's (SSNLF.PK) Galaxy S4 seems to have underwhelmed the Street, when's it ever going to happen?

By contrast, BlackBerry, which beat its fiscal fourth-quarter results, while also exceeding phone unit sales by as much as 1 million, is clearly on the opposite trajectory. Meanwhile, Nokia thinks its best course of action is to go on a cost-cutting spree. Investors cheered the improved profitability, which is fine. But company's don't "save their way into more market share."

Nevertheless, Nokia's supporters, mostly investors that have latched on to the company's cheap share price, forget why the stock is cheap in the first place. Here's a secret; it's not because the market is dumb. While we do appreciate management's fiscal awareness, Nokia seems more like a company that is preparing to sell itself than one that is looking to compete. Essentially, it's no longer a race.

Time for some takeout

Is it also a question which company is the more attractive takeout candidate? Although both companies are operating at a loss, BlackBerry is on a path to turn a profit first. Not that this bit of detail matters. But from a fundamental perspective, it's pretty significant. Not only does BlackBerry generate $2.3 billion in operating cash flow, which is almost one-fifth of what Nokia brings in, but BlackBerry has no debt and still has some very compelling assets to offer many companies.

At the top of our list of suitors is (ironically) Microsoft (MSFT), which in this race is a Ford F250. Despite Microsoft's close relationship with Nokia, we still believe that this is a deal that makes too much sense for Microsoft to pass up. At this point, Microsoft, which has struggled with its own phone ambitions, needs BlackBerry more today than BlackBerry needs Microsoft. It is remarkable how the fortunes of these two companies have shifted as BlackBerry is now in the "driver's seat."

The first concern here is whether or not the Canadian government will allow this deal to happen - we get that. While this is a valid obstacle, it's not impossible. Microsoft, which seems to be lumbering, would acquire BlackBerry assets like the BB10 software, a growing music service as well as Mobile Fusion, a product that supports the collaboration of enterprise mobile devices, even that of competing models such as iPhones as well as those on Google's (GOOG) Android platform.

Before you disagree, consider that Microsoft had a 9% market share in mobile phones prior to its partnership with Nokia. Today that number has dropped to 2%. This is despite the advancements of Windows Phone. Imagine what BlackBerry and its yet dominant enterprise footprint, can do for Microsoft's growth. It would only cost Microsoft $18 to $20 per share to close this deal. Would investors of either company accept this offer.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-08-13 09:54 PM
    I want Dennis Rodman to get some hedgies to do us a solid and squeeze this puppy.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 159704
    Did you run that by a person under the age of 30. Lol. Sounded like you wanted somebody to do something illegal. Lol.

Better run that by "the Kid" lol
    Shanerredflag and m0de25 like this.
    05-08-13 09:57 PM
    Man.. all this life talk! It seems like I'm the youngest one here at 20 years old. I guess I kind of figured it out too over time. It doesn't matter how much money you make, because at the end of the day, nothing can substitute true friendship and love. Sure... you'll have lots of money, lots of rich friends, that ferrari, that beautiful girl, that reputation. But I always asked myself... if I was to lose everything.. who would be there? All your so called friends and girlfriend are there because of your money. Once you are no value to them.. who's really left to help you? When you're laying on your death bed...who's going to be there to see you? does your ferrari or money really matter to you then?
    05-08-13 10:04 PM
    Man.. all this life talk! It seems like I'm the youngest one here at 20 years old. I guess I kind of figured it out too over time. It doesn't matter how much money you make, because at the end of the day, nothing can substitute true friendship and love. Sure... you'll have lots of money, lots of rich friends, that ferrari, that beautiful girl, that reputation. But I always asked myself... if I was to lose everything.. who would be there? All your so called friends and girlfriend are there because of your money. Once you are no value to them.. who's really left to help you? When you're laying on your death bed...who's going to be there to see you? does your ferrari or money really matter to you then?
    Very true Alexander. I wish I knew about investing at 20, but that was 1984 and the opportunities weren't as good as today. You're doing really good and are fortunate. I wish you great success with your family, friends, and investments.
    bungaboy and Alexander Tran like this.
    05-08-13 10:13 PM
    Did you run that by a person under the age of 30. Lol. Sounded like you wanted somebody to do something illegal. Lol.

Better run that by "the Kid" lol
    LOL....http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...bzb-XjCaDowu9Q

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    05-08-13 10:13 PM
    You buy when the stock drops if you feels it will rise again.BBRY has been bashed by CNBC and Blackberry has proved them wrong time and time again for the last three months. With the new launch of the Q-10 in the U.S stock prices may rise if demand and the press are good. If blackberry does their job in marketing the Q-10 we could see some positive results.I question their marketing concepts as they seem to overlook the main feature aspect that made them security. Everyone is getting hacked and the king of smartphone security is not saying anything....This hurts us by not touting the security and somewhat peace of mind you get when using a new Blackberry....
    Buy RIM shares? You kidding right? Haven't you seen how fast they are dropping? Would you like to lose money? I think not.
    05-08-13 10:17 PM
    Dang Shane, I wish we could throw a grill party together. We could try as many different beers available and debate why Rodman should stay out of politics. Hahahahahahahq.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-08-13 10:18 PM
    You buy when the stock drops if you feels it will rise again.BBRY has been bashed by CNBC and Blackberry has proved them wrong time and time again for the last three months. With the new launch of the Q-10 in the U.S stock prices may rise if demand and the press are good. If blackberry does their job in marketing the Q-10 we could see some positive results.I question their marketing concepts as they seem to overlook the main feature aspect that made them security. Everyone is getting hacked and the king of smartphone security is not saying anything....This hurts us by not touting the security and somewhat peace of mind you get when using a new Blackberry....
    Holy cow!! I mean, hello Recoton. BlackBerry hasn't forgotten security, it's in everything they do. How people use that technology is another subject. Corporations look to BB for that need but now there's the possibility to use other brands if they can either run another operating system or meet strict security requirements. If other brands can run a program that BB owns, that's not bad either. Just my thoughts.
    05-08-13 10:20 PM
    Very true Alexander. I wish I knew about investing at 20, but that was 1984 and the opportunities weren't as good as today. You're doing really good and are fortunate. I wish you great success with your family, friends, and investments.
    1984 eh... That was a while ago. Must have had this on the radio!

plane6065 and Markymark 23 like this.
    05-08-13 10:47 PM
    Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia

Disclosure: I am long AAPL. (More...)

Misery loves company - it's human nature. The fact that it makes us feel better about ourselves to know that someone else just might have it "a little worse" than we do, is fundamentally pathetic. It goes against the purpose of humanity's progress. Nevertheless, in the stock market this type of thought is par for the course. Investors justify their holdings based on how badly a rival company's stock might be doing. But it's not always that simple.

The Race for Market Share

On Tuesday, we highlighted the difference between BlackBerry (BBRY) and Nokia (NOK), two beleaguered tech giants that are trying to make a comeback. We argued that BlackBerry, by virtue of its recent earnings report, which showed meaningful sales improvements and sequential advancements, has made significantly more progress than Nokia.

Nokia bulls disagreed, which was not a surprise. However it was nonetheless remarkable the degree to which investors are making excuses despite the glowing evidence. Nokia has become a poorly managed operation. By contrasts, BlackBerry, which has had its own issues with execution, is (at least) demonstrating that it plans on staying in the game. But Nokia bulls were quick to point out how BlackBerry has lost 80% of its value over the past couple of years. Regrettably, some investors cheered that Nokia shares were up yesterday, while BlackBerry was down - in premarket, no less.

That's fine, but in a forward-looking market, it's no longer a debate at this point as to which company has more upside - it's BlackBerry, especially since Apple (AAPL), which is still a "BMW," has demonstrated that it is no longer flawless. That said, BlackBerry is now in a comparable Audi (AUDVF.PK), while Nokia has entered a Kia (KIMTF.PK). And if Nokia's Q1 20% revenue decline serves as indication, it's likely just the 4-cylinder variety.

There's no way Nokia will be able to keep up in the race. Remarkably, the company does not seem to be gaining traction even as it seems that Apple has entered an "innovation lull." Plus, investors have to wonder if Nokia, which just missed earnings by as much as 10%, is unable to advance as Samsung's (SSNLF.PK) Galaxy S4 seems to have underwhelmed the Street, when's it ever going to happen?

By contrast, BlackBerry, which beat its fiscal fourth-quarter results, while also exceeding phone unit sales by as much as 1 million, is clearly on the opposite trajectory. Meanwhile, Nokia thinks its best course of action is to go on a cost-cutting spree. Investors cheered the improved profitability, which is fine. But company's don't "save their way into more market share."

Nevertheless, Nokia's supporters, mostly investors that have latched on to the company's cheap share price, forget why the stock is cheap in the first place. Here's a secret; it's not because the market is dumb. While we do appreciate management's fiscal awareness, Nokia seems more like a company that is preparing to sell itself than one that is looking to compete. Essentially, it's no longer a race.

Time for some takeout

Is it also a question which company is the more attractive takeout candidate? Although both companies are operating at a loss, BlackBerry is on a path to turn a profit first. Not that this bit of detail matters. But from a fundamental perspective, it's pretty significant. Not only does BlackBerry generate $2.3 billion in operating cash flow, which is almost one-fifth of what Nokia brings in, but BlackBerry has no debt and still has some very compelling assets to offer many companies.

At the top of our list of suitors is (ironically) Microsoft (MSFT), which in this race is a Ford F250. Despite Microsoft's close relationship with Nokia, we still believe that this is a deal that makes too much sense for Microsoft to pass up. At this point, Microsoft, which has struggled with its own phone ambitions, needs BlackBerry more today than BlackBerry needs Microsoft. It is remarkable how the fortunes of these two companies have shifted as BlackBerry is now in the "driver's seat."

The first concern here is whether or not the Canadian government will allow this deal to happen - we get that. While this is a valid obstacle, it's not impossible. Microsoft, which seems to be lumbering, would acquire BlackBerry assets like the BB10 software, a growing music service as well as Mobile Fusion, a product that supports the collaboration of enterprise mobile devices, even that of competing models such as iPhones as well as those on Google's (GOOG) Android platform.

Before you disagree, consider that Microsoft had a 9% market share in mobile phones prior to its partnership with Nokia. Today that number has dropped to 2%. This is despite the advancements of Windows Phone. Imagine what BlackBerry and its yet dominant enterprise footprint, can do for Microsoft's growth. It would only cost Microsoft $18 to $20 per share to close this deal. Would investors of either company accept this offer.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, what the heck is this supposed to represent? There's no comparing Nokia and BlackBerry. Microsoft is well established and will be around a while, but where does the Canadian government come into play? I'm not seeing any take out here. I think this is just another article trying to draw support to the Seeking Alpha company. Sorry, I do know what the author is getting at, but I'm losing patience for nonsense. Oops, time for another beer. Haha.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-08-13 11:00 PM

Ehhhh I remember that song back in the days. Rockwell was the up and coming new artist, turned into a one hit wonder.
    05-08-13 11:01 PM

Yep, right before I joined the Army Military Police in February 1985. Of course, my clique didn't listen to that kind of music. We were rednecks and listened to hill-billy music. Plug these in and enjoy my music and look at the pictures of how I grew up.

Kid Vibe and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-08-13 11:07 PM
    Anybody want some of this fine hill-billy music for your social gatherings, I'd be happy to supply you with a night full. Ya'll take care and have a safe evening. Tomorrow's another day.
    05-08-13 11:24 PM
    Ok, what the heck is this supposed to represent? There's no comparing Nokia and BlackBerry. Microsoft is well established and will be around a while, but where does the Canadian government come into play? I'm not seeing any take out here. I think this is just another article trying to draw support to the Seeking Alpha company. Sorry, I do know what the author is getting at, but I'm losing patience for nonsense. Oops, time for another beer. Haha.
    Trust me, there is no take out coming. Worst case there's an offer. Followed by a massive spike in the SP. The Canadian Gov is not going to allow any offer that's not supported by the CEO, board of directors, shareholders and citizens. Good luck getting all them to agree.
    If an offer is made, it will simply show others believe in the value of BlackBerry. I'm reminded of the BHP attempt for Potash Corp. The 40 billion dollar + deal was refused by the Canadian government! The price of Potash Corp, has never been as low since.
    I posted the article mainly for its Nokia comparisons. The turn in sentiment has to start somewhere, but let's recognize it as it comes

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 05-09-13 at 02:14 AM.
    jxnb, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 01:56 AM
    Yep, right before I joined the Army Military Police in February 1985. Of course, my clique didn't listen to that kind of music. We were rednecks and listened to hill-billy music. Plug these in and enjoy my music and look at the pictures of how I grew up.

Love Steve Earle. Those tracks are timeless.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:10 AM
    That sounds like a V10 Touareg. I have one as well.

Posted via CB10
    LX570

We are GREEN early this am on premarket
    05-09-13 05:03 AM
    LX570

We are GREEN early this am on premarket
    Did you buy in again yesterday?
    05-09-13 05:14 AM
    I'm 20 too! Good to see someone of my age out here.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Alexander Tran like this.
    05-09-13 05:17 AM
    I'm thinking that we need a section for all the sentimental stuff. Like quiet room or something...lol
    05-09-13 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Great to see you guys here. I've got my son (15 years) into investing as well. It's an important thing for young people to get involved in.
    05-09-13 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    24 here
    Alexander Tran likes this.
    05-09-13 05:23 AM
113,250 ... 909910911912913 ...