View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Don't even talk about TSLA...it's making me tear lol.

I'm going to join the club and buy in soon. Even though it has a crazy run up, this is only after a quarter of profits. Who knows where the company goes from here.
    Keep in mind there was a huge short interest. I hope our time will come soon, and if it does you can be sure it will be even bigger.
    05-08-13 05:27 PM
    Keep in mind there was a huge short interest. I hope our time will come soon, and if it does you can be sure it will be even bigger.
    I 100 percent agree. The only difference is that the BBRY is on its last straw with investors, TSLA has a lot more wiggle room to have a couple mistakes here and there. However, u are right that if BBRY can knock one out of the park. We could see at 30% after hours for sure. Congrats to those in TSLA though.
    05-08-13 05:30 PM
    I'm trying to attach my q10 picture but it does not work through the crackberry app. As a shareholder I had a duty to buy a q10 along with the z10 lol
    05-08-13 05:56 PM
    Closed green today I see. Tomorrow I see more green.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-08-13 05:56 PM
    so since we didnt close above $15 today...are we in for some downside from here on?
    05-08-13 06:38 PM
    I didn't sell yet because I'm inexperienced at AH trading and heard bad stories of where sells didn't get processed right away at opening and the SP fell making a big loss for the investor. Is this right??

Oh, here's to BBRY doing a better rally!
    05-08-13 06:42 PM
    Holy cow, I just did the math! I just made $4,809 today (if I sell) from that TSLA spike. It's still going up at $66.20.

"Tesla Surges as Delivery Guidance Increases" Tesla Surges as Delivery Guidance Increases - TheStreet
    You deserve it buddy...well done!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:49 PM
    Don't even talk about TSLA...it's making me tear lol.

I'm going to join the club and buy in soon. Even though it has a crazy run up, this is only after a quarter of profits. Who knows where the company goes from here.
    Lol me too, been watching the stock since March when it was $35 but had no spare cash to play. Couple things with $TSLA is that 40% of the float is short and they have a $250M environmental credit coming from the California government.

I plan to jump in too as I am a fan of the company and the CEO. He admits when he's wrong which is a good thing. Anyways, congrats lcjr on your winnings!
    05-08-13 07:00 PM
    Well, just so this doesn't get blown out of proportions, most here know I'm a beginner and just started investing last December. I bought a few shares in Tesla, Bank of America, and BlackBerry and kept adding as I could afford it. After last week's purchase I have 150 shares with Tesla and a whopping 281 in BlackBerry. I sold my Bank of America already. So, as you can tell I still have to go to work tomorrow. But I can say one thing for sure, if it wasn't for this thread (thanks Superfly_FR) and you all in here I wouldn't have had the nerve to start.
    05-08-13 07:08 PM
    Anyways, you all heard Alicia Keys is performing at the BlackBerry Live event, right? She's been doing a lot I think to boost awareness as the global creative director.
    morganplus8 and doctor gonzo like this.
    05-08-13 07:15 PM
    I hope she blows em away. Sorry for not getting back to your post sooner...I'm (we) are actually enjoying a few beers in the back yard...first week night this year it has been warm enough to do it!
    And the golf courses are actually opening...and I'm starting burgers on our new grill, and so happy you made some dough...life is good!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    05-08-13 07:56 PM
    I hope she blows em away. Sorry for not getting back to your post sooner...I'm (we) are actually enjoying a few beers in the back yard...first week night this year it has been warm enough to do it!
    And the golf courses are actually opening...and I'm starting burgers on our new grill, and so happy you made some dough...life is good!

Posted via CB10
    Family comes first. Although beer and grilling often challenges that theory. Lol. Enjoy the evening and relax some.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-08-13 08:00 PM
    ZDnet.com
    Windows Phone doesn't excite many after two years; BlackBerry should clinch 3rd place

Summary: After more than two years, Windows Phone still claims less than 3% of market share. BlackBerry 10 will be launching here in the US soon and I think they will increase their share to 3rd place and may even pass iOS in a couple years.

Larry Dignan just posted the IDC report capturing smartphone market share for 2012 and I wanted to chime in with a few thoughts. As you can see in the results, Android continued to roll, iOS remained flat and successful, BlackBerry dropped significantly, and Windows Phone had a small 1 percent jump.

Larry asked about the chances for BlackBerry and Microsoft to garner momentum. BlackBerry basically took the year off in 2012 so it was no surprise to see them lose almost 5 percent of the market share; but they still remain in third place. With the release of BlackBerry 10 and solid Z10 and Q10 hardware, I believe we will see a BlackBerry come back in 2013.

BlackBerry has a compelling enterprise story to tell with their BES 10 support and BlackBerry Balance; if they can get government agencies and large corporations to continue using BlackBerry while bringing in new customers, they even have the potential to surpass iOS in a couple of years.

They also have a compelling consumer story with a fresh UI and features that make BYOD the best it has ever been on a BlackBerry. iOS went from 0 percent to 15 percent rather rapidly. As I hear more and more people say they are bored with iOS, there is an opportunity for someone to come in and fire up the market again.

One the other hand, while Windows Phone 8 is an updated platform, it is not a new platform -- and looks nearly the same as Windows Phone 7. Microsoft has been selling Windows Phone 7 devices for over two years now and it is still not grabbing the attention of consumers or the enterprise. Windows Phone relies on Nokia for the limited share they have. Even though I am a fan of Windows Phone, I don't think they ever will move ahead of BlackBerry into that third spot

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:40 PM
    Windows Phone doesn't excite many after two years; BlackBerry should clinch 3rd place

Summary: After more than two years, Windows Phone still claims less than 3% of market share. BlackBerry 10 will be launching here in the US soon and I think they will increase their share to 3rd place and may even pass iOS in a couple years.

Larry Dignan just posted the IDC report capturing smartphone market share for 2012 and I wanted to chime in with a few thoughts. As you can see in the results, Android continued to roll, iOS remained flat and successful, BlackBerry dropped significantly, and Windows Phone had a small 1 percent jump.

Larry asked about the chances for BlackBerry and Microsoft to garner momentum. BlackBerry basically took the year off in 2012 so it was no surprise to see them lose almost 5 percent of the market share; but they still remain in third place. With the release of BlackBerry 10 and solid Z10 and Q10 hardware, I believe we will see a BlackBerry come back in 2013.

BlackBerry has a compelling enterprise story to tell with their BES 10 support and BlackBerry Balance; if they can get government agencies and large corporations to continue using BlackBerry while bringing in new customers, they even have the potential to surpass iOS in a couple of years.

They also have a compelling consumer story with a fresh UI and features that make BYOD the best it has ever been on a BlackBerry. iOS went from 0 percent to 15 percent rather rapidly. As I hear more and more people say they are bored with iOS, there is an opportunity for someone to come in and fire up the market again.

One the other hand, while Windows Phone 8 is an updated platform, it is not a new platform -- and looks nearly the same as Windows Phone 7. Microsoft has been selling Windows Phone 7 devices for over two years now and it is still not grabbing the attention of consumers or the enterprise. Windows Phone relies on Nokia for the limited share they have. Even though I am a fan of Windows Phone, I don't think they ever will move ahead of BlackBerry into that third spot

Posted via CB10

That's great!!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-08-13 08:43 PM
    Honestly I have never seen a Windows phone. It's like a folk story lol.
    Bugmapper, lcjr and CDM76 like this.
    05-08-13 08:52 PM
    A young lady at a clients had a Windows 7 phone over a year ago...that is the only one I have ever seen...she got fed up with the lack of support and switched about a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    05-08-13 08:55 PM
    The problem I have with TSLA is two fold.

1) The stock is grossly overvalued. They really have to increase revenues by an order of maginitude (10x) to justify the current share price.
    2) Buffet once told dot com investors at a conference about car companies 100 years ago. He showed a slide (slides) of hundreds of car companies that existed 100 years ago. Today there are three. People back then got lucky to pick one of the big 3. But anyone that did the obvious and shorted the horse made money. OK, not really the Tesla situation. But I really think if electric cars take off that Toyota, And every other major car company will come out with cars better than what Tesla can. Even Porsche is coming out with a Hybrid. Anyway, maybe there is a lesson. If you really think electric cars are the future, short Cummins or some other engine manufacturer. If TSLA is really going to dominate electric cars like people think, short Ford, short Toyota, short everyone. If this is not obvious, maybe it is not going to end well for TSLA.

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I think people need to seriously think about the market TSLA is trying to create. And if the market matures, will they really be dominant?

FWIW: I actually have considered shorting TSLA after looking at the market cap, balance sheet and cash flow statement. I need to do some due diligence. What are the other major car makers doing in terms of electric cars? Clearly they spend some money on R&D regarding electric cars. Having a BSEE, I'll let everyone know that the drive train in an electric car is not complicated. There is really no moat in knowing how to do that. it's jsut a high voltage control system. Probably 3 phase electric.
    Bugmapper, fedakd and q649 like this.
    05-08-13 08:55 PM
    Oh, Short interest is being released tomorrow. YIPPEEE!

NASDAQ Short Interest Publication Schedule
    Bugmapper and BBInPlay like this.
    05-08-13 09:07 PM
    Dude I seen one for the very 1st time last week. A new hire of ours actually. I put in my hand. It was bulky and as heavy as a brick.

I thought that I would have better odds in finding a Sasquach but the window phone came first

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:08 PM
    Oh, Short interest is being released tomorrow. YIPPEEE!

NASDAQ Short Interest Publication Schedule
    Yup, it's gonna be a double good day for me. I get to see how many more shorts are hiding in the bushes aaaand... I get my tax refund.
    05-08-13 09:11 PM
    Dude I seen one for the very 1st time last week. A new hire of ours actually. I put in my hand. It was bulky and as heavy as a brick.

I thought that I would have better odds in finding a Sasquach but the window phone came first

Posted via CB10
    Lol!!
    05-08-13 09:18 PM
    I don't care if BBRY goes to $13 or $17. Just go one way or the other. I actually want $13 to come so I can buy more options (2015 jan calls). But I also want to unload some of my 2014s so I also want it to go up to $17.

I'd love for it to fluctuate between the two for a while so I can slowly migrate my 2014s to 2015. that would be awesome. Just realized that I should start this process recently. Should have started months ago though.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-08-13 09:18 PM
    I think I have better odds finding Bigfoot then a Windows phone.
    05-08-13 09:19 PM
    Oooooooooops
    Dan Lam likes this.
    05-08-13 09:22 PM
    The problem I have with TSLA is two fold.

1) The stock is grossly overvalued. They really have to increase revenues by an order of maginitude (10x) to justify the current share price.
    2) Buffet once told dot com investors at a conference about car companies 100 years ago. He showed a slide (slides) of hundreds of car companies that existed 100 years ago. Today there are three. People back then got lucky to pick one of the big 3. But anyone that did the obvious and shorted the horse made money. OK, not really the Tesla situation. But I really think if electric cars take off that Toyota, And every other major car company will come out with cars better than what Tesla can. Even Porsche is coming out with a Hybrid. Anyway, maybe there is a lesson. If you really think electric cars are the future, short Cummins or some other engine manufacturer. If TSLA is really going to dominate electric cars like people think, short Ford, short Toyota, short everyone. If this is not obvious, maybe it is not going to end well for TSLA.

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I think people need to seriously think about the market TSLA is trying to create. And if the market matures, will they really be dominant?

FWIW: I actually have considered shorting TSLA after looking at the market cap, balance sheet and cash flow statement. I need to do some due diligence. What are the other major car makers doing in terms of electric cars? Clearly they spend some money on R&D regarding electric cars. Having a BSEE, I'll let everyone know that the drive train in an electric car is not complicated. There is really no moat in knowing how to do that. it's jsut a high voltage control system. Probably 3 phase electric.
    I disagree on basic principals. First, electric cars are the future and even though that future may be far from today, enough people are interested today to make purchases. Second, Toyota already paid Tesla 30 million to assist with the Toyota hybred. Others are knocking on heir door as well. Third, they are paving the way for others as they establish power points at various gas stations across the USA. So, even though some may not think they have that great a chance, I do. They are the future and we have the ability to get in before this gets real big. The end.
    05-08-13 09:28 PM
113,256 ... 908909910911912 ...