View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice. i got a bunch more @ $14.98
    Great! But why did you jump in I thought you were holding out for the other shoe to drop?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:50 AM
    Bought more $35 2015 calls and was able to avg down a bit. Was worried there was going to be a big run up this morning. Luckily it faded after pre-market and was able to get in at a good price. I really think the Blackberry Live event is going to be a catalyst. Get in before next week guys!
    05-08-13 08:51 AM
    Great! But why did you jump in I thought you were holding out for the other shoe to drop?

Posted via CB10
    Nah, couldn't wait. Heading to Costco in a sec plus the good news response is already out. Chance of another raid is pretty slim now.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-08-13 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think it was just emotions of the sell off yesterday.... plus the news out this morning to contradict what was spewed yesterday probably made him realize that this will not drop back to the 13's.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-08-13 08:52 AM
    I think it was just emotions of the sell off yesterday.... plus the news out this morning to contradict what was spewed yesterday probably made him realize that this will not drop back to the 13's.
    Yeah, before the news releases this morning I was seriously worried about a triple drop.
    05-08-13 08:54 AM
    GEMA and BlackBerry Join Forces to Help Companies Transition to BES 10 and BlackBerry 10 Devices - N4BB

The Global Enterprise Mobility Alliance (GEMA) and BlackBerry today announced the signing of a BlackBerry 10 Readiness Services global agreement to make the transition to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and migration to BlackBerry 10 simple and seamless for enterprise customers worldwide.
    05-08-13 08:55 AM
    Nah, couldn't wait. Heading to Costco in a sec plus the good news response is already out. Chance of another raid is pretty slim now.
    Ha Ha, that's one errand on our list for today as well. My kiddies eat us out of house/home in fruit gummies, so we need to buy in bulk. lol
    And I can't see another huge drop today either, but just in case I have an alert set for just under $14.50
    05-08-13 08:56 AM
    Yeah, before the news releases this morning I was seriously worried about a triple drop.
    I think the bull analysts had the timing right. To release any news yesterday would have been overshadowed and overlooked. To do it this morning, people will pay more attention as it's a new day and it's more than likely the first thing they'll read regarding the subject.
    05-08-13 08:56 AM
    Thank you, as always, for your wisdom M+8. Also, thank you for not bowing to pressure (however slight) to reveal/flaunt your position in BBRY. As a wise man once told me - poor people want to look rich in front of others, and truly wealthy people don't need to. (and "wealthy" doesn't need to be in money alone).
    Wow, very well said Bugmapper,

Wealth is only relative to "wants and needs", we don't need much and are living a wonderful life without flaunting it. We don't have debt, we're able to help friends and family out of any problem financially and that's all we need. A 7,000 squ, ft. house has to be cleaned, my wife doesn't want to clean that big of a house and we don't want strangers doing it for us. If I drive around in a new Ferrari it becomes a beacon for others and we are concerned about our safety, so we don't brag about our successes like our friends often do. Heck, if BBRY goes under, I stand to lose a bundle too and it will take years to replace that investment. I actually have more respect for people like "The Kid" who puts it all out there and invests solely in BBRY. I don't do that myself! Several people on this board have a big part of their life in this stock, my hat is off to them for their resolve. Investing is the best job in the world, it opens at 9:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm and you don't get dirty! After spending years of my life working tons of extra hours, its my time to relax. Best of luck to you!

PS. We are having a difficult time with the first hurdle of $ 15.00/shr today aren't we?
    05-08-13 08:57 AM
    I sure do. The lower cost phones are the equivalent of the Curve series. Those have always sold well here. I know plenty of people that can't afford, or choose not to spend as much on, the high end phones. There are millions of people in the "1st" world market that don't make much and would benefit from this price point.
    Notwithstanding the QWERTY niche market, consumers the world over are mainly interested in large screened touch models. I hope they leak a touch Curve model soon. For North America I question the strategy of continuing to sell the BB7 Curve.
    05-08-13 08:58 AM
    is there any chance this dips back into the 14.80s?
    05-08-13 09:02 AM
    Good morning all! dang, it took me 28 minutes just to catch up on all the morning posts! Good to see everyone in great moods on this Wednesday. There's something wrong with the NASDAQ site?? It states "BBRY's Nasdaq Last Sale has not been updated". Anybody else having trouble?
    05-08-13 09:02 AM
    I am seeing the same thing.
    Tax is showing up 1.23%

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:06 AM
    pretty slow morning i thought we would break out fast, kind of just hanging out at the $15 mark
    05-08-13 09:06 AM
    Analysts are weighing in today on BlackBerry maker Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), auto giant General Motors Company (NYSE:GM), and video game guru Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA). Here's a quick roundup of today's bullish brokerage notes.

Up almost 25% so far this year, BBRY saw its price target lifted to $14 from $11 at Macquarie ahead of the opening bell. However, the sentiment scales among the brokerage bunch remain bearishly tipped toward Research In Motion Ltd. In fact, only six analysts have deemed the stock worthy of a "buy" or better endorsement, compared to 11 "holds" and 13 "sell" or worse suggestions. Even more telling, the equity's average 12-month price target of $12.45 denotes a discount to Tuesday's closing price of $14.82. This leaves plenty of room for further upgrades and/or price-target hikes, which could push the security higher.

Edit: Sorry this was already posted this morning - I forgot that I read it earlier...need more coffee
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 05-08-13 at 09:25 AM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-08-13 09:07 AM
    What's everyone's take on the probability of a BB:BBRY short squeezish before this year is out?
    My intuition is almost 75% confident and 25% wishful lol.
    Now I know anything can construed with a negative spin, but I just don't think they
    can keep this up over many more ER's which are bound to be positive overall.
    Doesn't it have to shake out this year? Shorts aren't going to hang around forever.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-08-13 09:08 AM
    Notwithstanding the QWERTY niche market, consumers the world over are mainly interested in large screened touch models. I hope they leak a touch Curve model soon. For North America I question the strategy of continuing to sell the BB7 Curve.
    They will be having a lower priced touch. They already stated this. As for still selling the Curve in NA, it still appeals to some... especially to the teen/pre-teen market because of the cheap unlimited social plans. This saves parents a pile of money on bills. I used to live with my ex and she had two kids (13 and 15). They both had a Curve and thank god for the social plan. It's what they wanted it for anyway.... FB and Twitter. I couldn't imagine having to fork out an extra $100+ a month for them to have a bloody phone.
    05-08-13 09:09 AM
    I do not believe this is actually true. Consumers want cheap smartphones. Apple won't sell a cheap phone. And android can't make a phone last a day without putting a monster battery in it. this is what is driving the large phone sales. not an actual desire for a huge screen. I think he z10 is big enough. The cheap version of it should sell nicely.

05-08-13 09:12 AM
    Well, we are having some problems getting over $15/share. I do not like it...

I want us to get over 15 and to actually keep there, damn it.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-08-13 09:13 AM
    Thor has said that he's not interested in making cheap phones to compete with cheap Androids. Unless there is an OEM out there willing to license BB10 and make cheaper handsets, I don't think we'll see cheap BB10 devices. I personally like the premium feel of both the Z10 and Q10, and would be willing to pay a little more for that. For example. the GS4 still feels cheap, but it is an improvement over the GS3 which felt really cheap as a device.
    05-08-13 09:20 AM
    Heya Morgan, Yang, and other heavy hitters out there. I was watching a few interviews with Mark Cuban and co and they were discussing the investment period of the tech boom. Wow, what a blast that would have been! Throwing money at companies that just had a savvy tech name could bring you in big coin. Wondering what your experiences were like then and the difference between then and now for a trader. I would say technology has definitely altered the way trades are occurring these days and it seems that its a much tougher time period.

Also, for those interested, here is a good interview.

@Kid Vibe:

Thanks for the video link. I watched it and found it very interesting.

With respect to playing an instrument, Johann Sebastian Bach supposedly said: "There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself�. I feel the same way about trading: There is nothing remarkable about it--all you have to do is make an investment in company stock and get the direction and timing right!

For me, the tech boom was an exciting time in which to trade but it was so frenzied and not for the feint-of-heart. Making money in tech stocks was easy--if (as is the case now) you predicted the direction right and your timing was spot-on. From today's perspective, those tech-boom years might have looked like easy money because we have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. The fact is that there were a lot of companies that seemed like good ideas but that fizzled fast. One example is Pets.com, which promised to deliver to your door pet food and pet accessories ordered online. Believe it or not, people (even those who never had a pet!) went gaga-crazy over this concept. Pets.com launched in the summer of 1998 and closed in disgrace at the end of 2000, bankrupt. There was another stunning flop in those days, something called webvan.com, which promised to deliver fresh groceries to your door within 30 minutes, in theory saving you from having to make those pesky trips to the grocery store. (I can't begin to imagine how the company could make such a promise with a straight face! It reminds me of "6-Minute Abs"!) The infrastructure costs, as I would have expected, far exceeded revenue, setting the break-even decades into the future. That company went bankrupt in 2001. There are countless other examples. Few people had the good fortune or prescience to get into those company trades early and get out somewhere near the top; it was more likely that people heard about those companies on the news, got into the stock, and then watched (stunned) as their investment not eroded away, but simply went away. You can read about some of the other flops of the day in CNET's list published here: Top 10 dot-com flops - CNET.com

The failures of yesteryear perhaps seem easy to identify now. But back in the day there was a tulip-bulb-type euphoria over almost anything ".com". If you're unfamiliar with the tulip bulb reference then you absolutely must read about it (I consider it essential reading for any serious investor or trader): Tulip mania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Knowing about this history (and human psychology, something in which I'm very interested) can save your financial hide one day, especially if you are able to identify another frenzy should you live through one. If you ever see another bubble (such as what happened to the housing sector in the United States in the early 2000's), then you can carefully ride momentum upwards or just watch until you see signs of a peak, at which point you can profit handsomely if you can take a short position as the price implodes.

Bottom line: I don't think it was any easier to trade back then than it is today. In fact, it might have been more difficult and dangerous because access to information was not as fast as it is today and retail-customer trading tools were not so sophisticated. The people who made big money also made headlines; yet there were countless financially ruined people who have yet to recover their losses.
    lcjr, morganplus8, zyben and 9 others like this.
    05-08-13 09:21 AM
    It feels like a bear raid is imminent. Get your powder ready.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:21 AM
    10:30 dip is back?
    05-08-13 09:22 AM
    Doesn't it have to shake out this year? Shorts aren't going to hang around forever.

Just a ballpark time-frame is all. Thinking how much more positive and to what extent it would take.
    If even solid profit after a reasonable time frame doesn't take hold in aiding the shake, what the heck would? And that
    would be something for me to reassess my long(ish) position. Looking at the psychology side of this coin.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-08-13 09:22 AM
    Same old, same old. BBRY taking the 10:30 dive. Call me Debbie Downer but BB is the stock markets red headed stepchild!

The shorts will NOT be going away anytime in the near future.
    05-08-13 09:29 AM
113,256 ... 903904905906907 ...