View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The question is will the Bulls take over or are the premarket prices setting BBRY up for another raid!
    Always the pessimist.
    Bottom line is they can't raid without news or rumors and yesterday's multi level attack has been refuted in full. In addition some positives are out. Add to it some excitement for th conf next week, and we won't be raided today.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:51 AM
    Eric Jackson who is long on $BBRY.

ericjackson: I am SHOCKED that PacCrest &CanAccord were bearish on $BBRY. What's next? Jim Suva of Citi saying his new checks lead him to be bearish too?

ericjackson: Who is Cleveland Research? $BBRY (what I said yesterday too, lol)

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, HerfDurf and zyben like this.
    05-08-13 06:51 AM
    I hope that you're right Bugmapper...going into BlackBerry Live above $16 could set us up for something very nice.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-08-13 06:52 AM
    Sounds like you never bought in yesterday...lol
    Am I right?
    Nope but thinking today might be an opportunity to make some money. Premarket is all over the place.

I thought you were "over it" and going to give it a rest?
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-08-13 06:56 AM
    Always the pessimist.
    Bottom line is they can't raid without news or rumors and yesterday's multi level attack has been refuted in full. In addition some positives are out. Add to it some excitement for th conf next week, and we won't be raided today.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't write off the chances of another raid altogether but I do think that the odds are low.
    05-08-13 06:57 AM
    Up 2.5% in pre-market?

Posted via CB10
    Thank god. I don't think I can take another down day.

Posted via CB10
    Always the pessimist.

Posted via CB10
    What ever. I am not a blind BB Fanboie who buys and sells because he loves the company.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-08-13 06:58 AM
    Nope but thinking today might be an opportunity to make some money. Premarket is all over the place.

I thought you were "over it" and going to give it a rest?
    Nah, I'm back to trading it 100%. I can't sit there and just add while it's so volatile; especially when I am feeling so confident in pegging the dips and climbs.

I think that we can expect this to carry on until sometime the fall.
    05-08-13 07:01 AM
    For those of you asking for a dividend and/or share buyback, not going to happen. Both of these events usually happen when the company doesn't see a better opportunity to deploy their cash/debt financing elsewhere.

In BBRY's case they have new product launches, marketing, production, etc to invest in right now. This is the growth stage. Announcing some kind of cash return to shareholders could actually be a bad thing for BBRY at this stage as it signals to investors that BBRY doesn't see a better opportunity in their business model than to return cash.
    05-08-13 07:02 AM
    Sorry if this has bee posted, (Via StreetInsider.com - No Build Plans Cuts at BlackBerry (BBRY), Q10 Demand 'Very Robust' - Jefferies

Jefferies analyst Peter Misek weighed in on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) Wednesday saying, contrary to market talk, BB10 build plans have not been cut. In fact, checks show demand is "very robust" in the U.K. and Canada with Q10 demand better than Z10.

In the U.K., Misek notes: "We spent yesterday afternoon contacting dozens of UK stores amongst the various Carphone Warehouse locations and carrier branded stores. Our analysis of over 50 stores indicates robust and broad demand with one exception. Orange stores, both the co-branded Carphone Warehouse locations and the Orange retail stores had inventory, where every other brand was either sold out or had limited stock."

In Canada, demand is broad, strong, and better than expected. "We also conducted store checks in Canada. Initially, only stores in the Greater Toronto Area received stock, but now the rollout has continued across the country. After randomly calling 10 stores of different brands, we stopped as the conclusion was clear: broad, strong, and better than expected demand."

The firm is confident in their 2M+/month BB10 build plan estimate from their Asia trip a few weeks ago. Misek too has heard of build plan cuts, but on the Blackberry 7 device side, which should actually help margins. Misek said build plans were never 12 million per quarter, as some in the market had believed.

"We additionally rechecked with our supply chain database (as a reminder we track over 400 suppliers globally), and we found no change to last week’s build plans," the analyst comments. "We have a difficult time calibrating how some market participants believe quarterly build plans were around 12M or 4M per month. We have always had 2M+ a month or 6M+ a quarter. Keeping in mind that our sell-in estimates of 4M units shipped are already significantly above market expectations of 3M units shipped this quarter. The builds of certain market participants are 4x market expectations, which to us makes little sense."

On the R10 and touch equivalent mid-range version of the Z10, Misek said they seem to be prepping for production. "We are now expecting mass production to start in the early summer," he said. "This should be another boost to August."

Misek reiterated his Buy rating and price target of $22.00 on BlackBerry.
    05-08-13 07:04 AM
    For those of you asking for a dividend and/or share buyback, not going to happen. Both of these events usually happen when the company doesn't see a better opportunity to deploy their cash/debt financing elsewhere.

In BBRY's case they have new product launches, marketing, production, etc to invest in right now. This is the growth stage. Announcing some kind of cash return to shareholders could actually be a bad thing for BBRY at this stage as it signals to investors that BBRY doesn't see a better opportunity in their business model than to return cash.
    I agree. The most important focus now is on operations and ensuring solid penetration.
    05-08-13 07:06 AM
    Nah, I'm back to trading it 100%. I can't sit there and just add while it's so volatile; especially when I am feeling so confident in pegging the dips and climbs.

I think that we can expect this to carry on until sometime the fall.
    I hope it carries on, I have done quite well with BBRY and hope to continue so.
    05-08-13 07:06 AM
    I hope it carries on, I have done quite well with BBRY and hope to continue so.
    Same here. It's a lot more work than sitting tight and collecting dividends but it certainly does pay well.
    05-08-13 07:08 AM
    BlackBerry setting up for another tradable bounce, says Macquarie

'Macquarie believes Blackberry is setting up for another tradable bounce near-term given overly bearish sentiment. The firm does not believe there have been any supply chain adjustments and checks indicate June quarter production is ahead of initial estimates and that the Q10 is likely to be a bigger upgrade product for Enterprise subs than the Z10. The analyst rates shares a Neutral but sees a short squeeze rallying shares to $17+ on a decent Q10 sell-in."

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    05-08-13 07:14 AM
    BlackBerry setting up for another tradable bounce, says Macquarie

'Macquarie believes Blackberry is setting up for another tradable bounce near-term given overly bearish sentiment. The firm does not believe there have been any supply chain adjustments and checks indicate June quarter production is ahead of initial estimates and that the Q10 is likely to be a bigger upgrade product for Enterprise subs than the Z10. The analyst rates shares a Neutral but sees a short squeeze rallying shares to $17+ on a decent Q10 sell-in."

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    Nice...I'm hoping to see that $17 by next Friday.
    leafs123 and plane6065 like this.
    05-08-13 07:16 AM
    Just made an order for 1500 more shares, now holding 3100. Thanks to the wife's TFSA lol.
    05-08-13 07:16 AM
    Same here. It's a lot more work than sitting tight and collecting dividends but it certainly does pay well.
    Yep, I have never been one to sit back and do the dividend thing. I have to sit in front of my computer a good bit of the day, for my company, so it is fun to keep an eye on a couple of companies that I invest in on a regular basis. BBRY is one of my favorite as I know more about their product and the cost per share is so low that I can buy 6 to 7k shares and just a half dollar gain makes a good day.

I will be getting "in" this am but do not have the confidence you have about doubting another bear run. My stops will be running close today!

I do think if BBRY aproaches or make $16 the bears will come in with a vengence! SO stay on top of it!
    05-08-13 07:24 AM
    Sorry if this has bee posted, (Via StreetInsider.com - No Build Plans Cuts at BlackBerry (BBRY), Q10 Demand 'Very Robust' - Jefferies

Jefferies analyst Peter Misek weighed in on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) Wednesday saying, contrary to market talk, BB10 build plans have not been cut. In fact, checks show demand is "very robust" in the U.K. and Canada with Q10 demand better than Z10.
    On the R10 and touch equivalent mid-range version of the Z10, Misek said they seem to be prepping for production. "We are now expecting mass production to start in the early summer," he said. "This should be another boost to August."

Misek reiterated his Buy rating and price target of $22.00 on BlackBerry.
    Wait... What is a mid-range Z10? This is the first confirmation that I have seen of this device. This is not the aristo, so what is it?
    05-08-13 07:42 AM
    I don't see a bear raid coming until after BB Live. We have some positive news this morning and are already on day three three of the trading week. I see some people piling into the stock the end of this week before BB Live and then the stock selling off after it hits $17 the middle to end of next week.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-08-13 07:44 AM
    Wait... What is a mid-range Z10? This is the first confirmation that I have seen of this device. This is not the aristo, so what is it?
    We always knew this was coming. We just haven't had any leaked pics like the R10

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:48 AM
    05-08-13 07:49 AM
    This must be the device that Sprint is planning on selling.

Sprint rumored to release new BlackBerry 10 touchscreen phone | Digital Trends
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-08-13 07:50 AM
    We always knew this was coming. We just haven't had any leaked pics like the R10

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I guess I'm just surprised that they are already prepping production on it.
    05-08-13 07:51 AM
    R10 I believe.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000131_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:51 AM
113,256 ... 901902903904905 ...