View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Imo from my localized experience the Q10 is not selling or they have too much inventory. Which might be good news in a way as it shows that customers are adopting the new touch interface. I would imagine bbry would much rather tap into the massive popular market segment then just specialized business users.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:08 PM
    The last time they actually said that they were completely wrong.
    Yes but that was reported as fact. These latest only say "We think" such and such will happen.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:08 PM
    Yes but that was reported as fact. These latest only say "We think" such and such will happen.

Posted via CB10
    True.
    05-07-13 04:09 PM
    If a short squeeze hasn't happened by now from hype of BB10, Z10, Q10 releases, DoD approval, 1million unit order and R10 rumoured to be imminent, then the only thing that will cause a squeeze is pure profit. We have one good quarter in the bank, we need at least two more I think. There is a reason these hedge fund people are in finance.... they aren't smart enough to do anything else. It will take them being told that BlackBerry is profitable 3 or 4 times for it to sink in!
    Yeah, and in the meantime they'll just make money the corrupt way. It's unfortunately the way some stocks are played, and given they're seemingly going to continue, I'm going to profit as much as I can from their glaringly obvious manipulations.

It's tiresome having to watch and play it like this but it is a good little money pump.
    Kid Vibe, lcjr and Acumenight like this.
    05-07-13 04:17 PM
    Heya Morgan, Yang, and other heavy hitters out there. I was watching a few interviews with Mark Cuban and co and they were discussing the investment period of the tech boom. Wow, what a blast that would have been! Throwing money at companies that just had a savvy tech name could bring you in big coin. Wondering what your experiences were like then and the difference between then and now for a trader. I would say technology has definitely altered the way trades are occurring these days and it seems that its a much tougher time period.

Also, for those interested, here is a good interview.

05-07-13 04:24 PM
    SP aside, the Blackberry Live 2013 event is going to be a big one. I wish I could be there to see all the demos and lectures. They are even having a Government day! You should check it out...

BlackBerry Live 2013

And the agenda:

BlackBerry Live 2013: Agenda
    05-07-13 04:27 PM
    I wish I had more cash to throw into BB. At this time BB is almost 80% of my portfolio.

Probably not the wisest decision....BBRY reward me for my love!
    Reminds me of a funny tweet I read the other day...

"Don't put all my eggs in one basket? Nice try, basket industry."

(lol, for the record, BB is the only stock I own so I'm not criticising you by any means )
    05-07-13 04:27 PM

Canadian Tire has also launched a BlackBerry mobile app for consumers to browse the company's products online, locate stores and check product availability that received 20 million mobile visits last year. Customers can use BlackBerry smartphones to scan barcodes in the store to read reviews and other information.

Couldn't find the app in BlackBerry World.. can anybody confirm?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:29 PM
    Couldn't find the app in BlackBerry World.. can anybody confirm?

Posted via CB10
    They have one for BBOSx but this must be a mistake. I don't doubt they will release one but I don't think it's out yet

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:46 PM
    I thought hard about selling my May expiry calls at SP 16.50 after the run up. Then again yesterday kinda feeling a bear raid before Blackberry Live. I didn't so I'm committed to hanging onto them until Tuesday.

I PRAY that Thor releases some sales numbers in the opening Keynote. Blackberry Live is about the time I expect iOS / Android to gain DoD approval for "non critical / less secure" communications usage but I'm hoping the DoD doesn't release those approvals (if they do get approved) until Thurday....which is start of bear raid days (usually Thurs and Friday).

What are the predictions for numbers at the keynote?
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-07-13 04:58 PM
    Sammy and apple already have this no? ios 6 got fips certification today.

I thought hard about selling my May expiry calls at SP 16.50 after the run up. Then again yesterday kinda feeling a bear raid before Blackberry Live. I didn't so I'm committed to hanging onto them until Tuesday.

I PRAY that Thor releases some sales numbers in the opening Keynote. Blackberry Live is about the time I expect iOS / Android to gain DoD approval for "non critical / less secure" communications usage but I'm hoping the DoD doesn't release.

What are the predictions for numbers at the keynote?
    05-07-13 05:03 PM
    DoD said they would be finishing the process "within 2 weeks" and that was around May 1st. They also said "Blackberry ...finishing the process early May" and they came out with an approval statement May 2nd? Not sure I saw actual approval statement from DoD on handset approvals for 'less secure email and non network web browsing' type activities.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-07-13 05:10 PM
    they've all been approved now (Samsung Knox, BB10, BES10 and IOS6), there's links buried somewhere in the last 30 or so pages of this thread, latest was ios6 today getting fips certification.

DoD said they would be finishing the process "within 2 weeks" and that was around May 1st. They also said "Blackberry ...finishing the process early May" and they came out with an approval statement May 2nd? Not sure I saw actual approval statement from DoD on handset approvals for 'less secure email and non network web browsing' type activities.
    05-07-13 05:16 PM
    I still say that Obama and Cook were awfully chummy at the last State of the Union address...I wouldn't be surprised if they walk away with it.
    05-07-13 05:20 PM
    Who the F*** is Cleveland Research?
    I searched around a bit, and didn't really find too much about them other than they are very bad at tech stock forecasts. Not just BlackBerry, but Apple as well.

They estimated BlackBerry sales to existing customers in the UK at 80-90%, while BlackBerry came out and said that it was 67% (1/3rd to non-BlackBerry users in the UK)..

They also got a bunch of headlines for cutting iPad forecasts from 14 million to 12 million for Apple's Q1 2012 based on supply chain info, and reducing EPS estimates to $9.53. Apple ended up selling 15.4 million iPads and making $13.87, meaning that Cleveland Research missed on Apple's profit by over $4 billion in that one quarter. That's pretty brutal accuracy.

Barron's mentioned before that "Cleveland does not offer copies of its research to the press and does not discuss its work with reporters, so I can�t tell you a lot about their findings."

Apple Under Pressure On iPhone, iPad Rumors - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Based on that, it seems that when their forecasts do make it to the press like with BlackBerry today, the release is meant to explicitly affect the stock price. Otherwise it would have remained private like most of their research notes and reports.
    05-07-13 05:21 PM
    i didn't see the bear sponsored articles "blackberry could be in trouble....iOS and Android are approved at the DoD...MAYBE I BELIEVE BES revenue at risk if MAYBE I BELIEVE losing 660K Blackberries and IF MAYBE I BELIEVE using a non BES MDM solution"

We we will have to wait and see if they come and how they affect the SP ...they shouldn't until the 'final plan' is determined by the DoD (MDM solution, device purchases, etc).

If those approvals are out then I guess the 'worst case' 10% daily loss potential is behind us and that was my fear going into next week.
    05-07-13 05:21 PM
    05-07-13 05:22 PM
    Bought more today... my average cost is going up!