View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    last couple hrs its been like a flatline.....bah move up!
    05-07-13 01:52 PM
    Go Kings!!

My reaction upon logging on this morning and seeing the move in share price:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2589361/wuhwhat.gif
    05-07-13 01:54 PM
    Lots of DoD info in this article including this

Much of DoD's strategy rests on the implementation of a centralized app store and device management system. The department is expected to make an award to build that infrastructure in the next several weeks.

Pilot programs already showing potential

When the enterprise solution is in place, it will replace more than 70 pilot programs the military services have been conducting in the effort to overcome security and other challenges around commercial mobile devices.

"We're trying to take the best of all of these pilots and put them into our enterprise. We're taking the pieces that have been successful and we're discarding the pieces that have not been successful or too costly," he said. "They have to follow three rules: it has to be as secure as things are today, it has to be cheaper, and it has to help us jump the productivity curve."

Federal News Radio
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and m0de25 like this.
    05-07-13 02:01 PM
    If BlackBerry says anything it'll be this evening after the closing. Although, I don't expect it will come.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-07-13 02:02 PM

Much of DoD's strategy rests on the implementation of a centralized app store and device management system. The department is expected to make an award to build that infrastructure in the next several weeks.

When the enterprise solution is in place, it will replace more than 70 pilot programs the military services have been conducting in the effort to overcome security and other challenges around commercial mobile devices.

"We're trying to take the best of all of these pilots and put them into our enterprise. We're taking the pieces that have been successful and we're discarding the pieces that have not been successful or too costly," he said. "They have to follow three rules: it has to be as secure as things are today, it has to be cheaper, and it has to help us jump the productivity curve."

Federal News Radio
    That's going to end up being a big messy jumble-fock.
    05-07-13 02:04 PM
    It would be great if the stock climbed above $15 for the day, that would allow some room for another little dip tomorrow without hurting us too much.
    05-07-13 02:07 PM

Federal News Radio
    Good thing that site caught this little tidbit. This is what popped up when I clicked that link.....I think I'll pass on another browser though. The "We believe" part of that sounds a tad too familiar and I don't seem to trust that phrase so much any more... lol

If you are getting this page, you are using the Internet Explorer browser to reach FederalNewsRadio.com.

We are currently dealing with a malicious cyber attack, which attempts to use our site to infect computers with malware when using the Internet Explorer browser. To help protect you and prevent any further damage, we are blocking access to FederalNewsRadio.com from Internet Explorer. We believe Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are safe alternatives and suggest you use a different browser to access the Federal News Radio website.

If you have been on our site previously in the last 36 hours using IE, you should perform a malware scan to check for an infection and get it cleaned. We are working diligently to contain and stop the attack, and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-07-13 02:12 PM
    More from misek

Value Investors Love Apple (AAPL) and Hedge Funds Hate BlackBerry (BBRY)

Jefferies analyst Peter Misek provided an overview of investor sentiment on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) and other IT hardware stocks following meetings with investors in the U.S. and Asia.

Overall, Misek said investor sentiment was mixed on Apple, EMC (NYSE: EMC) and Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), negative on BlackBerry and NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) and more cautious on IBM (NYSE: IBM).

The meetings, however, gave them more confidence in their BlackBerry buy-call and the analyst said another catalyst could come in mid-May when we get more on BES10 and MDM.
    Specifically on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY), Misek notes:
    "Hedge funds almost universally hated the name. They only wanted to discuss BBRY at the end of meetings and then most were very bearish. Less than 10% of clients we met with were long. More than 50% short or biased that way. Mutual funds tended not to believe or want to discuss. Overall, BBRY has a tough sentiment hill to climb, but funds were interested in the MDM opportunity."
    05-07-13 02:14 PM
    Isn't "anonymous" supposed to make a cyber attack today.
    05-07-13 02:15 PM
    Looks like we may be going for the $13s before next Tuesday, unless some great news comes along.
    05-07-13 02:21 PM
    Looks like we may be going for the $13s before next Tuesday, unless some great news comes along.
    Do you really think it could be that long before the bears lose interest?
    05-07-13 02:23 PM
    I'm not sure. It seems that they were determined to bring it down and keep it down today. A nice little surge would fit nicely today.
    05-07-13 02:26 PM
    I'm not sure. It seems that they were determined to bring it down and keep it down today.
    Of course they are they have lost their #$% in the last couple of months. These guys are only short because they believe BB will drop into single digits, why else would you risk being short otherwise?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-07-13 02:28 PM
    Next time I see 13, I'm buying a lot of call options.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-07-13 02:34 PM
    Of course they are they have lost their #$% in the last couple of months. These guys are only short because they believe BB will drop into single digits, why else would you risk being short otherwise?
    No, what I mean is that they've brought it down and kept it down, and this sometimes results in another plunge. I'm hoping not but it is what it is...
    05-07-13 02:41 PM
    Without a doubt the short numbers have increased.Most of the fake selling has been based on people selling shares they do not own. At what point will shorting banned on BBRY? 50%?100%? I have never seen such outright and in your face manipulation of a stock. Of course the US wouldn;t allow you to short their bank ponzi schemesback in 2008 when their financial insitutions were going to their true value 0 . They HATE free markets and change their rules when it suits them. It's time to leave the US markets for a more free and democractic exchange.

US regulator extends short-sell ban for financials | The Jakarta Post

Federal regulators on Wednesday extended an unprecedented ban against all short-selling in the shares of more than 800 financial companies, keeping it in place at least until after Congress enacts a massive financial bailout plan.

The Securities and Exchange Commission announced the extension of the ban, which was put in on Sept. 18 in a bid to shore up investor confidence in the face of the spiraling market crisis.

The ban, which was to expire Thursday, now will last until the third business day after enactment of the $700 billion financial bailout plan now before Congress. It will end no later than Oct. 17.

Late Wednesday, the Senate passed the bailout plan, which appeared to be gaining ground in the House of Representatives, where Republican opposition softened.

The idea is that the extension will give enough time for financial markets to calm, with the bailout program's plan to buy up Wall Street's toxic mortgage debt possibly starting to have a positive effect. By law, the SEC's emergency ban could not be extended beyond Oct. 17.

In the days since the ban took effect, the stock market has been on a rollercoaster ride. On Monday, the day the bailout plan was rejected in the House, the market shot downward and sent the Dow Jones industrials on a record 778-point plunge.

Short-sellers bet against a stock. The practice, which is legal and widely used on Wall Street, involves borrowing a company's shares, selling them, and then buying them when the stock falls and returning them to the lender. The short-seller pockets the difference in price.

Although short selling can make markets more efficient and bring in more capital, regulators have maintained that it has widened the scope of the financial crisis and contributed to the collapsing values of investment- and commercial-bank stocks in particular.

The SEC "has taken steps during recent weeks to address concerns regarding short sales in light of the ongoing credit crisis," the agency said in a statement issued Wednesday night. "The steps (the SEC) has taken are designed to ensure the continued smooth operation of orderly markets. Our actions have been taken in consultation with regulators of the major developed securities markets around the world, with whom we have coordinated in monitoring market reactions."
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-07-13 02:44 PM
    I actually do wish that Blackberry would start calling out these no name analysts, back them up with facts its not like i lost faith but why should these no names have such an impact on the SP need more out of Blackberry Investor relations out of this
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-07-13 02:44 PM
    No, what I mean is that they've brought it down and kept it down, and this sometimes results in another plunge. I'm hoping not but it is what it is...
    Hey, anything can happen on no news! We could drop back below the 50-dma at $ 14.50/shr tomorrow and set ourselves up for a test of the uptrend line just below $ 14.00/shr, that's a no brainer. We have to get below the 50-dma and I'm not convinced we are going there.

Now this headline says it all:

<<< •VIV, ARUN, ADBE, BBRY And RIMM, 5 Technology Stocks Pushing The Sector Lower at TheStreet (Tue 1:03PM EDT) >>>

Note that we get honourable mention twice!! LOL How stupid are these clowns? Don't answer.

Volume dried up down here, we should find support at the 50-dma and bounce from here.
    05-07-13 02:49 PM
    I actually do wish that Blackberry would start calling out these no name analysts, back them up with facts its not like i lost faith but why should these no names have such an impact on the SP need more out of Blackberry Investor relations out of this
    They are nothing more than a trigger to let the selling operations to do their worst. What would be great would be to find out who's shares are actually being sold.
    slipstream89 likes this.
    did you read the quote from Jeffries I posted, 50% of their clients they talked with were short or biased that way, less than 10% long! These are hedge fund clients he is referring to, they are not going anywhere for awhile yet. We need some serious EPS from solid BB10 and BES revenue to shake them out. Without those solid numbers, they can trot out the usual dog and pony show to manipulate the average investor and drive the price back down.

Markymark 23 likes this.
    The Bears have used all their different analyst puppets in 1 day, what can they possibly use tomorrow? We won't be down 5d in a row!
    05-07-13 02:50 PM
    Hey, anything can happen on no news! We could drop back below the 50-dma at $ 14.50/shr tomorrow and set ourselves up for a test of the uptrend line just below $ 14.00/shr, that's a no brainer. We have to get below the 50-dma and I'm not convinced we are going there.

Now this headline says it all:

<<< •VIV, ARUN, ADBE, BBRY And RIMM, 5 Technology Stocks Pushing The Sector Lower at TheStreet (Tue 1:03PM EDT) >>>

Note that we get honourable mention twice!! LOL How stupid are these clowns? Don't answer.

Volume dried up down here, we should find support at the 50-dma and bounce from here.
    Yeah, I'm hoping we do as well.
    05-07-13 02:51 PM
    The Bears have used all their different analyst puppets in 1 day, what can they possibly use tomorrow? We won't be down 5d in a row!

Ha! But .......... we are already down 5 days in a row my friend!!!! They'll never get my shares!
    05-07-13 02:55 PM
    predictions anyone for tmr? im thinking we will bounce back over $15
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-07-13 02:57 PM
    Without a doubt the short numbers have increased.Most of the fake selling has been based on people selling shares they do not own. At what point will shorting banned on BBRY? 50%?100%? I have never seen such outright and in your face manipulation of a stock. Of course the US wouldn;t allow you to short their bank ponzi schemesback in 2008 when their financial insitutions were going to their true value 0 . They HATE free markets and change their rules when it suits them. It's time to leave the US markets for a more free and democractic exchange.

US regulator extends short-sell ban for financials | The Jakarta Post

Federal regulators on Wednesday extended an unprecedented ban against all short-selling in the shares of more than 800 financial companies, keeping it in place at least until after Congress enacts a massive financial bailout plan.

The Securities and Exchange Commission announced the extension of the ban, which was put in on Sept. 18 in a bid to shore up investor confidence in the face of the spiraling market crisis.

The ban, which was to expire Thursday, now will last until the third business day after enactment of the $700 billion financial bailout plan now before Congress. It will end no later than Oct. 17.

Late Wednesday, the Senate passed the bailout plan, which appeared to be gaining ground in the House of Representatives, where Republican opposition softened.

The idea is that the extension will give enough time for financial markets to calm, with the bailout program's plan to buy up Wall Street's toxic mortgage debt possibly starting to have a positive effect. By law, the SEC's emergency ban could not be extended beyond Oct. 17.

In the days since the ban took effect, the stock market has been on a rollercoaster ride. On Monday, the day the bailout plan was rejected in the House, the market shot downward and sent the Dow Jones industrials on a record 778-point plunge.

Short-sellers bet against a stock. The practice, which is legal and widely used on Wall Street, involves borrowing a company's shares, selling them, and then buying them when the stock falls and returning them to the lender. The short-seller pockets the difference in price.

Although short selling can make markets more efficient and bring in more capital, regulators have maintained that it has widened the scope of the financial crisis and contributed to the collapsing values of investment- and commercial-bank stocks in particular.

The SEC "has taken steps during recent weeks to address concerns regarding short sales in light of the ongoing credit crisis," the agency said in a statement issued Wednesday night. "The steps (the SEC) has taken are designed to ensure the continued smooth operation of orderly markets. Our actions have been taken in consultation with regulators of the major developed securities markets around the world, with whom we have coordinated in monitoring market reactions."
    All of this protection the SEC provides to these sheisters hurts the overall economy in the long run but since we're all dead in the long run they don't give a rat's arse....lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-07-13 02:57 PM
113,256 ... 894895896897898 ...