View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I've used the RSI (10) and it seems to follow it closely in terms of peaks and valleys. These raiders seem to be doing the same.
    We called this lol.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:59 AM
    I'm back in. Let's go up.
    I think it is a little early for me, maybe tomorrow.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-07-13 10:07 AM
    Nice. Up 30 cents already from my buy!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    05-07-13 10:07 AM
    Time for an update:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-7a-2013-chart.jpg

We are right back inside the Pennant Formation again, just where the bears like it to trade. We have no news here, nothing until next week, so it is time for the bears to play. We closed the gap from last Monday, we are $ .18/shr short of touching the 50-dma here. Today, we rallied to the 5-dma and sold off fast, all of this was planned. We couldn't continue to close below the 5-dma and not sell-off. So now our first line of support is the 50-dma which is likely going to get hit soon. The long term support is the $ 14.00/shr area now. And we now need to rally above the 5-dma, pop through the pennant formation and develop something positive in all of this. And so our range until Tuesday is the 5-dma above $ 15.00/shr and the 50-dma below. That's your trading range!

The good news is that the three amigos have bashed the stock again so they aren't coming back anytime soon. Heins needs to stop this nonsense and we know he can. Let's see the stock rally toward the 5-dma and bounce around until Heins does his job.
    05-07-13 10:10 AM
    From Barrons

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are off 69 cents, or 4.4%, at $14.88, after a skeptical piece this morning James Faucette of Pacific Crest Securities, who rates the stock Underperform, and who writes that “initial shipment and sell-through volumes of the Q10 were just about one-half of those for the Z10,” referring to the QWERTY-based Q10 that went on sale a little over a week ago.

“While we believe a lack of de- mand certainly played a role, a clear view on sell-through has also been clouded by low overall shipment volumes and inconsistent distribution, in our view.”
    05-07-13 10:12 AM
    3rd time now... 3rd damn time where I could have sold and made a few thousand bucks and bought back... Blah.Blah.Blah.

Well, good thing I sold off some last week... looks like I'll be buying an extra few hundred soon.
    05-07-13 10:14 AM
    In other news: as a BB world app vendor I just received a free invite to BBJam next week.

That's bad because it means that they haven't sold out - the late date of the giveaway indicates that they're trying to fill seats I've been a bit tied up with work and not closely monitoring the development side of things as I have in the past, but this is a concerning sign to me- coming as it does after the major product launches. (I was less concerned when they did the same thing at the last BB Jam because they hadn't launched yet and so wouldn't expect interest to be *that* high.)

Unfortunately the late date and lack of advance notice also means I can't attend. Worse because it includes a Z10 giveaway for attendees...
    05-07-13 10:15 AM
    3rd time now... 3rd damn time where I could have sold and made a few thousand bucks and bought back... Blah.Blah.Blah.

Well, good thing I sold off some last week... looks like I'll be buying an extra few hundred soon.
    Someone who always play the dip might actually lose money on the long run by doing mistakes. Someone might feel really smart at the moment selling/buying within the low/high range but if it spikes up from an unexpected news at some point, people that are long are going to feel good where as people that played the dip might regret the few thousand dollars they made. Anyhow, good luck to people playing the dips, it is possible to make more money with it.
    05-07-13 10:21 AM

If you want to play the dips then sell some put options.

Posted via CB10
    YangFui likes this.
    05-07-13 10:24 AM
    This is my old post and some of you might already see it but seem relevant with current battle with the SP manipulation by the shorts.

My strategy to beat shorts who manipulate the SP as follows:
    1) Lock up 80% of the holding until the price reaches $57
    2) Divide the remaining 20% holding into 30 pieces to be used as short term trading.
    3) When the SP goes up another 5% over the SP of my last sold, I will sell another 1/30 and so on.
    4) On the other hand, if the SP goes down 5% from the SP of my last sold, then I will buy back 1/30 and so on.

Plus two discipline rules:
    a) Never sell single share at the price lower than that from my last buy
    b) Never buy single share at the price higher than that from my last sell.

So far, this strategy works well for me and that is the main reason that I didn't complain too much about the SP manipulation by the shorter sellers because I feel they are working for me for free (more SP fluctuation the more I can make from the short term trading).
    05-07-13 10:24 AM
    so much has changed with the exchange rate lately...pft
    05-07-13 10:28 AM
    This is my old post and some of you might already see it but seem relevant with current battle with the SP manipulation by the shorts.

My strategy to beat shorts who manipulate the SP as follows:
    1) Lock up 80% of the holding until the price reaches $57
    2) Divide the remaining 20% holding into 30 pieces to be used as short term trading.
    3) When the SP goes up another 5% over the SP of my last sold, I will sell another 1/30 and so on.
    4) On the other hand, if the SP goes down 5% from the SP of my last sold, then I will buy back 1/30 and so on.

Plus two discipline rules:
    a) Never sell single share at the price lower than that from my last buy
    b) Never buy single share at the price higher than that from my last sell.

So far, this strategy works well for me and that is the main reason that I didn't complain too much about the SP manipulation by the shorter sellers because I feel they are working for me for free (more SP fluctuation the more I can make from the short term trading).
    Glad it works for you. You created 30 blocks out of 20% of your positions. That means, you probably have a very large holding to begin with. Even with 100% of my positions, I'd be hard-pressed to create 30 meaningful-sized blocks. lol
    05-07-13 10:31 AM
    Glad it works for you. You created 30 blocks out of 20% of your positions. That means, you probably have a very large holding to begin with. Even with 100% of my positions, I'd be hard-pressed to create 30 meaningful-sized blocks. lol
    Yeah, mine would be 18 shares per block. At a 5% change in share price that would be about $13.50 in profit per trade (less the $30 brokerage fee leaves me with -$16.50 per trade...woo hooo)
    05-07-13 10:38 AM
    Yeah, mine would be 18 shares per block. At a 5% change in share price that would be about $13.50 in profit per trade (less the $30 brokerage fee leaves me with -$16.50 per trade...woo hooo)
    Gotta love the juice. Quickly dilutes any gains unless you're trading big.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-07-13 10:43 AM
    I've been mad busy at work for the last couple of months and am completely out of the loop - I thought that the Q10 sales were really good - so what's this all about:

BlackBerry 10 Build Targets to be Cut, says Cleveland Research - N4BB

A mess? really?
    05-07-13 10:43 AM
    Depending on how many shares in one lot. If it is 200 shares then it only needs 6000 shares or total of 30000 shares in holding while with 500 shares per lot (ideal), then you need to have 75,000 shares in holding.
    05-07-13 10:44 AM
    I'll just sit back and buy more as the funds become available. 20 at a pop is all I can do twice a month. lol
    05-07-13 10:46 AM
    My brokerage fee is only $5 per trade, so I have much higher profit per trading round.
    05-07-13 10:47 AM
    My brokerage fee is only $5 per trade, so I have much higher profit per trading round.
    I was doing great when I had 50 free trades for opening a brokerage account. Now I only pay $8.00 per trade. Not bad at all I think.
    05-07-13 10:50 AM
    Hmmm under 15... maybe I should add to the position. Tough call.
    05-07-13 10:54 AM
    Hmmm under 15... maybe I should add to the position. Tough call.
    I fear it is back to $13

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:01 AM
    I fear it is back to $13

Posted via CB10
    Blah! Yea, I'll hold up. I expect a bit of a drop possibly, not sure what good news could come out this week.
    05-07-13 11:03 AM
    I fear it is back to $13

Posted via CB10
    Tell me you're kidding. If it's going back to $13, it better wait until I have funds available. lol
    05-07-13 11:04 AM
    Tell me you're kidding. If it's going back to $13, it better wait until I have funds available. lol
    I don't know why it's at 15 when it should be at 40. Why should 13 be a stretch of the imagination?

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and BlackistheBerry like this.
    05-07-13 11:08 AM
    I wish the shorts would just get out, squeeze or not, so it could act like a somewhat normal investment
    05-07-13 11:10 AM
113,256 ... 892893894895896 ...