View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    This is the gossip and summaries of negative press out there today.
    "BlackBerry BB10 developer interest low, says Cleveland Research"
    "BlackBerry appears to be reducing build targets Cleveland Research"
    "BlackBerry demand well below production levels, says Pacific Crest"
    Bugmapper and psy fi like this.
    05-07-13 09:17 AM
    Added some BBRY to darling husband's RRSP @ 14.82 yeah!
    05-07-13 09:21 AM
    we need some buying power now to stop the bleeding, would like to see this close even today
    05-07-13 09:22 AM
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    This is the gossip and summaries of negative press out there today.
    "BlackBerry BB10 developer interest low, says Cleveland Research"
    "BlackBerry appears to be reducing build targets Cleveland Research"
    "BlackBerry demand well below production levels, says Pacific Crest"
    Who the F*** is Cleveland Research?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    Need Thor to respond with something in terms of demand, etc - or else this will be in the $13's before his conference next week - and anything short of a big announcement will bring it further back.
    Dear TH and BBRY,
    Anytime now would be a good time to release some of those spectacular numbers you have told us you've been sitting on. Pretty soon we will be swallowed by the vacuum you are allowing to exist. Feel free to let us know how great we are doing.
    Thank you,
    A shareholder
    05-07-13 09:25 AM
    Well, it ain't much, but the silver lining is that the short interest should be going up right now. They are gonna have to cover someday... and I'm here for about 12 years.
    05-07-13 09:26 AM
    ahhh...nice scoop there @ $14.72
    05-07-13 09:26 AM
    now its time for the "Blackberry Rises" Part 1
    looks like we bottomed out at 14.76 TSX

*edit missed another buy order for 4000 at 14.75 dang
    05-07-13 09:27 AM
    I think (and hope) that Thor will give early numbers in his keynote on Tuesday.
    05-07-13 09:29 AM
    now its time for the "Blackberry Rises" Part 1
    looks like we bottomed out at 14.76 TSX
    Yip. Classic bear raid...call it a **** and scoop.

**** all over the company and scoop it up when the SP falls.

LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-07-13 09:30 AM
    This is why I am never in "long" for BBRY. You can make way more on the fights between the bear and bulls.

It is about money!
    05-07-13 09:33 AM
    Kind have glad this happened, i just have a hunch that something will happen to move the SP up alot after blackberry live, this was a good opportunity for me

Yip. Classic bear raid...call it a **** and scoop.

**** all over the company and scoop it up when the SP falls.

LOL
    05-07-13 09:33 AM
    Now, if this day can end even 1 penny in the green I will be VERY happy indeed.
    potatoman3 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:35 AM
    I will be very happy at 0% change. Or a penny red.

We've seen it before. Bear raid. Trigger stops. Cover shorts. RALLY!

My mistake was buying more at 15.05 thinking that would be the end of the raid.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:38 AM
    I am surprised as the bears did not wait and just attacked again with no warning.
    05-07-13 09:40 AM
    Just got 300 more shares at 14.85 tsx, ok can we please go up NOW !!
    05-07-13 09:41 AM
    Just doubled down, like I said I would, the other day. Buying opportunity, with little downside.
    05-07-13 09:43 AM
    I am surprised as the bears did not wait and just attacked again with no warning.
    I'm not one bit surprised. The quiet time with the slowly dwindling SP and no foreseeable good news in near future almost always sets us up for a bear raid. I am certain that the selling operations know that the trigger is a story from certain analysts. Here we see it again today.

I sold it all off yesterday on my concerns and scooped up half again today. If it falls again then I have a bunch set aside for that.
    matthewriedle and new_me222 like this.
    05-07-13 09:45 AM
    This is why I am never in "long" for BBRY. You can make way more on the fights between the bear and bulls.

It is about money!
    Yeah, it's still a trader. If the big boys want to keep toying with the stock, and we see it as plain as the nose on your face, then I'm going to keep on buying and selling until it all settles down.
    05-07-13 09:48 AM
    Yeah, it's still a trader. If the big boys want to keep toying with the stock, and we see it as plain as the nose on your face, then I'm going to keep on buying and selling until it all settles down.
    Buying and selling is about all you can do and if timed correctly, there is money to be made. Nothing we can do about it except take advantage and make money.

I will wait and likely get back in Wednesday if it gets out of the "free fall" mode. After a while the Bulls will run again only to be eaten, again, by the bears.
    05-07-13 09:52 AM
    Ditto this. That said, I'm long on about 2/3rds of my position
    but the other third is for the example you've just given.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:53 AM
    From street insider

BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) is poised to cut build targets on its flagship BB10 phones, according to analysts at Cleveland Research. Analysts said early feedback on Q10 sales in Canada and the UK suggest volume below expectations, and sell-through on Z10s was probably half the run-rate seen at introduction. This may result in lower build targets of 6 to 8 million from previous expectations of 10 to 12 million over the next few quarters.

In a separate report, analysts at Pacific Crest said production levels at 1.5 to 2 million per month were above sell-through levels and would need to be cut. Pacific Crest described the Q10 introduction in the U.K. and Canada as "mess" and noted slowing Z10 sell-through.

Pacific Crest has an Underperform rating on BlackBerry.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $15.57 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-$17.22.

Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
    *NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
    BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) is poised to cut build targets on its flagship BB10 phones, according to analysts at Cleveland Research. Analysts said early feedback on Q10 sales in Canada and the UK suggest volume below expectations, and sell-through on Z10s was probably half the run-rate seen at introduction. This may result in lower build targets of 6 to 8 million from previous expectations of 10 to 12 million over the next few quarters.

In a separate report, analysts at Pacific Crest said production levels at 1.5 to 2 million per month were above sell-through levels and would need to be cut. Pacific Crest described the Q10 introduction in the U.K. and Canada as "mess" and noted slowing Z10 sell-through.

Pacific Crest has an Underperform rating on BlackBerry.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $15.57 yesterday
    05-07-13 09:54 AM
    Buying and selling is about all you can do and if timed correctly, there is money to be made. Nothing we can do about it except take advantage and make money.
    I've used the RSI (10) and it seems to follow it closely in terms of peaks and valleys. These raiders seem to be doing the same.
    05-07-13 09:54 AM
    I'm back in. Let's go up.
    05-07-13 09:58 AM
113,256 ... 891892893894895 ...