View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    When I think mobile computing I keep thinking of computers in our vehicles. What's more mobile than a vehicle? But I have a strange feeling that BB is thinking more outside the box. I hope that BlackBerry really shows some great and innovative products in the next 12 months.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 05-07-13 at 05:20 AM.
    05-07-13 02:30 AM
    Some light reading for this morning :
    A tour of the new BlackBerry Q10, with video | Vancouver Sun
    "Our check indicate broad sell-outs with generally limited stock otherwise,” Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said in a note to clients Friday. “Based on our store check, the BlackBerry Q10 has been selling extremely well and has been sold out or seeing limited availability in Toronto and across the U.K."

Microsoft Takes On BlackBerry, Android in South Africa - Bloomberg
    "Africa’s handset ownership will grow to 85 percent of the population in 2015 from about 73 percent last year, reaching 900 million users, A.T. Kearney estimates. In contrast, in several developed markets in Europe, North America and Asia growth has slowed as penetration has surpassed 100 percent."

BlackBerry 10 Sales Strong In Canada, Britain
    I hate to post a link that quotes MISEK but it IS a positive article and states at the bottom that BB has not released any sales numbers (even though MISEK is making sales statements ) so I feel the positive article deserves some hits !

http://arabnews.com/news/450703
    Saudi developers showcase apps on BlackBerry Q10
    "We have seen tremendous excitement for the launch of the BlackBerry Q10 in Saudi Arabia"
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-07-13 04:22 AM
    First trade is red.
    05-07-13 05:24 AM
    First trade is red.
    We need some good news from BB or a reputable analyst upping BBRY to a buy with projected price in the 20s. As best I tried, there just is not much BB news out there this morning ...

Oh well, can keep dreaming I guess.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-07-13 05:27 AM
    We need some good news from BB or a reputable analyst upping BBRY to a buy with projected price in the 20s. As best I tried, there just is not much BB news out there this morning ...

Oh well, can keep dreaming I guess.
    I was surprised that Misek's article last week did nothing at all to the SP. Some other upgrades are needed by other analysts because for all the positive feedback Misek gives, all he ever does is leave his target price where it is.

After a while the sound of a single drum with the same beat, though perhaps uplifting, does get stale.
    05-07-13 05:38 AM
    I was surprised that Misek's article last week did nothing at all to the SP. Some other upgrades are needed by other analysts because for all the positive feedback Misek gives, all he ever does is leave his target price where it is.

After a while the sound of a single drum with the same beat, though perhaps uplifting, does get stale.
    After the next ER we should see a fair number of upgrades .
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-07-13 05:53 AM
    Yeah, I agree.
    05-07-13 05:57 AM
    Since April 18th we've had a great run, up by $3 from low to high. The RSI (10) tracked it perfectly, going from 31.9 all the way to 75.9 on the April 30th when we peaked at $16.59 and closed at $16.29. Since April 30th, our close has gone down every single day and with it the RSI is drifting lower, which should set us up beautifully for BlackBerry live.

Anyone have any thoughts on how low we could expect the RSI to fall?

M+8, what lows would give you reason for concern? I'm thinking that a selloff could cause us to very briefly dip into the $14.90s.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-07-13 06:18 AM
    Apple has no interest in shorting BBRY. Google doesn't either. That would be like the Leafs worrying about junior hockey here in MA. The size and cash positions are just too disparate. The boards would never approve such a potentially embarrassing scheme. Daytraders and hedge funds, definitely. I would never short, but its part of a free market, warts and all. I'll take that over a price regulated market.
    I also don't know if shorting your competitors stock is legal. You might be accused of using your inside knowledge of your own products to gain an edge if the short turned out to be a good trade.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-07-13 06:36 AM
    05-07-13 06:39 AM
    Good luck today. I'm heading to grab some sleep. Lets hope I wake up to a $16+ SP again
    05-07-13 06:41 AM
    First trade is red.
    and it is now a brighter red!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-07-13 06:55 AM
    Should have moved my $BBRY money on $TSLA. What a run it has been on.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-07-13 07:36 AM
    Good Morning everyone. I am here to inform you that we are ending the week at $16.50. Place your bets accordingly.
    05-07-13 07:37 AM
    05-07-13 07:47 AM
    Article with question mark at the end = Answer is No
    05-07-13 07:48 AM
    And the broken record continues to play out here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-7-2013-chart.jpg

It has been 4 straight days of closing right at the pennant downtrend line. We are following it down and today should be no different, until we hear some news. Yesterday it looked like we were going to rally above the 5-dma and hold it and the usual happened, we backed off in the afternoon. Today, we should make another slight low, followed by a rally to the 5-dma which is dropping now, and then close in a predictable way near the trend line. There is nothing for us to grab onto here to rally the stock. It isn't bearish, it just isn't ready to rally on no news.

CM1 -
    RSI(14) is at 58, there is tons of potential for a big upside run well into the $ 17.00/shr area. I happen to use RSI(14) for my work but the range applies to RSI(10) as well, RSI = 30 is the warning sign for over sold and that downside I would guess would be around $ 14.25/shr a share. I'm not convinced that we have much downside here at all but the uptrend line tells us that $ 14.10/shr and the 50-dma at $ 14.48/shr will provide strong support on a major sell-off.

A typical breakout from a Pennant Formation is to rally hard, drop back to the breakout point or the downtrend line for a few days, and then assume a very strong rally to new highs. We broke out of the pennant line, dropped back to it immediately, and now we are basing for the next leg up from here. The market almost always gives a trader time to get in when a major move happens. This is what we are seeing today, that consolidation period before the next major move up here. This consolidation is just about done, they typically only last a few days and so this week should see us break out again from this level.

In passing, investors spend trillions on mutual funds hoping to gain 5% each year for retirement, we at this board want that each day!! Come on gang, give it a bit of time, no one on this board thinks the stock will be anywhere this cheap in 6 months time. You will be paid to wait trust me on that. I could trade a chunk of my block if I felt I could live with missing a huge upside move. Its not worth me grabbing those swings when I will make some serious money down the road. And so I continue to buy the dips every time it backs up here, loading up like others for a big pay day, I don't care if it drops a few pennies each day. Best of luck team BlackBerry!
    05-07-13 07:50 AM

Peter Misek has the same credibility as Mike Walkley or James Faucette. Biased analysts.
    Marc_Paradise and Acumenight like this.
    05-07-13 08:02 AM
    More crap from paccrest and cleveland this morning. These guys are relentless! When they see a news lull they fill it with bs
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-07-13 08:09 AM
    BBRY - 'Carriers and retailers slowing take of BB10 units could lead to eventual cuts,' Pacs adds. Sees ultimate downside to $6-8/share.
    05-07-13 08:10 AM
    Peter Misek has the same credibility as Mike Walkley or James Faucette. Biased analysts.
    Yeah, but now he's our biased analyst.
    05-07-13 08:17 AM
    Yeah, but now he's our biased analyst.
    haha... yup. At least we have ONE on our side willing to make public bullish commentary.
    05-07-13 08:20 AM
    More crap from paccrest and cleveland this morning. These guys are relentless! When they see a news lull they fill it with bs
    Do you have a link?
    05-07-13 08:27 AM
    Cheap shares in 60 seconds...
    05-07-13 08:30 AM
    haha... yup. At least we have ONE on our side willing to make public bullish commentary.
    I hated him back when he regularly said RIM is dead, but I like him now...lol
    05-07-13 08:31 AM
113,256 ... 889890891892893 ...